Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Books to be donated, Books to be donated

views

TSYLaine
post Aug 7 2016, 01:52 PM, updated 8y ago

16 posts

I am cleaning up my book shelves and have some books to donate.. Mostly computing books, some dictionaries, English language, and some motivational books to be given away. Anyone knows where I can donate them? Don't wanna send for recycling as I think it's a waste and can be beneficial for others. Also have some readers digest and various magazines.Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image

This post has been edited by YLaine: Sep 15 2016, 03:17 PM

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
Pork Chop the 3rd
post Aug 12 2016, 05:08 PM

19 posts

salvation army or public library
xboxrockers
post Sep 13 2016, 07:02 PM

On my way
661 posts

Check ur PM !
zeb kew
post Oct 31 2016, 03:05 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,325 posts

Maybe this is off-topic somewhat, but YLaine, why are the comb bound books in such good condition? Were they only "lightly used" or is there some other secret to it. From my own experience, the holes tend to tear pretty quickly, starting with the holes near the top/bottom of the first few pages.

PS: I am a book maker (as in paper, thread, and glue).
TSYLaine
post Nov 3 2016, 12:15 AM

16 posts

QUOTE(zeb kew @ Oct 31 2016, 03:05 PM)
Maybe this is off-topic somewhat, but YLaine, why are the comb bound books in such good condition? Were they only "lightly used" or is there some other secret to it. From my own experience, the holes tend to tear pretty quickly, starting with the holes near the top/bottom of the first few pages.

PS: I am a book maker (as in paper, thread, and glue).
Zeb kew, I don't remember how I handled those books during college days but I do study 'em 😬 May bcoz there's a cover, either transparent plastic cover or thicker paper cover front and back, hence it doesn't tear easily? Also I have a habit of not laying it flat 180 degrees when flipping the pages. Maybe that's why 🤔

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0161sec    0.44    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:56 PM