Free Access to Airport Lounges with CC V3, The home of Airport Lounges

views

charlesj
post Mar 13 2019, 10:27 AM

Regular
1,704 posts

QUOTE(voyage23 @ Mar 13 2019, 08:50 AM)
Hi all,

If I earn an income of around 108k/pa, and the nature of my job requires me to travel frequently (domestic and internationally), which card would you recommend for lounge access? Preferably those with at least first year annual fee waived or can be waived with conditions. Are there any cards that can be used in overseas lounge too?

I read about SC Worldmiles MC, my choice so far but only international departures and only in Malaysia. Aeon CC only 3x access which I will exhaust pretty quickly.

Thanks for your help!
First page tells you everything, though some info are slightly outdated.
If you have spare RM250k, get yourself a priority account with SC / AMB.
They offer you unlimited access to numerous lounges worldwide.

Else, the following cards are relatively good (with limited access):
1) MBB VI - AF waived with 50k spend (80k if pair with Amex Premier) - you should seriously consider this
2) AMB WMC/VI - no AF, need to spend RM500 for every visit
3) HSBC VS - AF waived with one swipe / month (only Changi / HKIA)

Not many cards offer good amount of access to domestic lounge nowadays.
RHB has just downgraded their privilege early this year.
coolguy99
post Mar 14 2019, 07:07 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,818 posts

QUOTE(voyage23 @ Mar 13 2019, 08:50 AM)
Hi all,

If I earn an income of around 108k/pa, and the nature of my job requires me to travel frequently (domestic and internationally), which card would you recommend for lounge access? Preferably those with at least first year annual fee waived or can be waived with conditions. Are there any cards that can be used in overseas lounge too?

I read about SC Worldmiles MC, my choice so far but only international departures and only in Malaysia. Aeon CC only 3x access which I will exhaust pretty quickly.

Thanks for your help!
If you want overseas lounge I would suggest HSBC VS. Currently it has 6x access per year.
charlesj
post Mar 14 2019, 07:18 PM

Regular
1,704 posts

QUOTE(coolguy99 @ Mar 14 2019, 07:07 PM)
If you want overseas lounge I would suggest HSBC VS. Currently it has 6x access per year.
HSBC VS only limited to Changi and HKIA.
Unless you fly them often and of course these are the most common transfer hubs for us.
HSBC can be easily obtained at very low annual income (in relative to other cards) as well as easy AF waiver.
coolguy99
post Mar 14 2019, 07:46 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,818 posts

QUOTE(charlesj @ Mar 14 2019, 07:18 PM)
HSBC VS only limited to Changi and HKIA.
Unless you fly them often and of course these are the most common transfer hubs for us.
HSBC can be easily obtained at very low annual income (in relative to other cards) as well as easy AF waiver.
Ah yes thanks for pointing that out. I travel pretty frequently to SG hence this card is good for me. For other country's overseas lounge, I do not think there is any card that gives access to them. There was Ambank WM previously but the benefit was cancelled by the bank. Oh well.
charlesj
post Mar 14 2019, 08:52 PM

Regular
1,704 posts

QUOTE(coolguy99 @ Mar 14 2019, 07:46 PM)
Ah yes thanks for pointing that out. I travel pretty frequently to SG hence this card is good for me. For other country's overseas lounge, I do not think there is any card that gives access to them. There was Ambank WM previously but the benefit was cancelled by the bank. Oh well.
Ambank WM/VI still have good access to overseas PPL.
For non-priority customer, it is limited to 5 times + RM500 spend (it was unlimited back then).
Maybank VI also have good variety of overseas lounges.

Beyond that, you need to look for CC offering Priority Pass / Loungekey, which usually only for priority customers.
TSbearbear
post Mar 14 2019, 11:50 PM

You'll Never Walk Alone!~!~
All Stars
10,058 posts

please continue discussion at V4

https://forum.lowyat.net/index.php?showtopic=4752447

Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0136sec    0.24    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:36 PM