3 Pages  1 2 3 >Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

TV Shows Westworld [Season 3], Future World 2020

views

6so
post Oct 8 2016, 10:19 AM

Getting Started
121 posts

Not sure is this a recurring easter egg or not, first it was Rolling Stone's Paint it black and now Radiohead's No Surprises. Foretelling the undertone subtext of the human and android disparity with what those songs actually meant. Great use of music to compliment the story at hand.
6so
post Oct 8 2016, 06:29 PM

Getting Started
121 posts

QUOTE(bartbarb @ Oct 8 2016, 04:52 PM)
How come the story looks like 13th floor/matrix
It can be seen as the other way round. Matrix is a lot closer to Grant Morrisson's The Invisible or Alex Proyas's Dark City. Terminator to a degree also drew inspiration from it with the robot hunting human angle.

Not saying this the first rise of the machine themed movie...I believe the grand daddy of machine revolting against humanity begins with Fritz Lang's 1927 Metropolis.

Two episodes in felt more like the whole thing are to reflect the current talking points of "singularity" and "life as a big simulation". Down the road hope they able to change the vibe a bit not to mimick "Lost" too much. Stacking multiple mysteries on top of the main plot line. Ed Harris kinda remind me of Ben Linus while Anthony Hopkins as Jacob in the "creator vs creation" dilemma. Maybe it won't go into that direction or will be something else all together. confused.gif
6so
post Nov 2 2016, 05:02 PM

Getting Started
121 posts

Started to lose interest right now....too much ponderous of setting things up. Either there gonna be a knockout revelation or just more of a box inside another box mystery like Lost. sweat.gif

Everytime the piano plays a song, it's a contemporary song I think. Heard Soundgarden's Black Hole Sun as well.
6so
post Nov 2 2016, 05:03 PM

Getting Started
121 posts

repost...

This post has been edited by 6so: Nov 2 2016, 05:20 PM
6so
post Nov 9 2016, 10:33 AM

Getting Started
121 posts

As I was watching the lesser known android tv show "Humans", can't help but notice the identical key plot device. Deceased creator embedded a god mode in their machine/s. I'm leaning more towards the BBC show because easier to follow storyline and doesn't leave you hanging with endless teasing. Give it a shot as it may not have bigger budget or names attached to it, it's still a story well told and sharing many concurring themes.

The latest development on Maeve...spike up interest a wee bit but how profound it gonna get still too early to tell.
6so
post Nov 9 2016, 07:04 PM

Getting Started
121 posts

Awesome compilation of the piano covers. More could be available later, I suppose.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/enterta...songs/93119636/
By far my favourite is this:

NIN track that was used in that uh-huh!!! group scene.
6so
post Nov 29 2016, 08:12 AM

Getting Started
121 posts

After watching those big reveal....ughhh!! can't help it the show felt a lot like that empty safe which Hector tries so hard to rob. Bernard and Dolores twist simply did not push the plot forward because their resolution still not forthcoming with what I'm suppose to latch on. Unless the finale able to come up with a killer resolution and a cliffhanger that move things forward without retreading the same story beats.

Given the production quality and world building is very good but not clear cut in what it hopes to tell. Maybe all those delaying and script rewrites impacted the original intention or just it is what it is. Hope the 2nd season able to get the pacing right with a clearer story hook since it won't air until 2018.
6so
post Nov 29 2016, 10:11 AM

Getting Started
121 posts

QUOTE(:3mushy:3 @ Nov 29 2016, 10:29 AM)
The essence of the story now is clear, Arnold wanted to create consciousness, which was on the opposite end of what Ford wanted.
No...why bring back Arnold as Bernald like a tool at his disposal???
Also do bear in mind that the first android killed Arnold which kinda suggest Dolores is not what she seems to be. A failed insight or a manipulation scheme?
How many episodes were spent on the importance of establishing a new narrative that may or may not be the crux of the series?
At the end of it all...just raised more questions than answers and not a simple Ford vs the world.
I just need a clearer direction on what the endgame is about right now, it can just go to many directions.
Furthermore they are looking at 5 seasons, so the endgame will not be a simple task of taking down a puppetmaster.
If you really want to condense what has happened, do you need 9 episodes to stretch things out?
It came close to the languid pacing like The Walking Dead, only the first and the last two episodes that matters in a season.
Well that just me. icon_rolleyes.gif

6so
post Nov 29 2016, 12:43 PM

Getting Started
121 posts

QUOTE(:3mushy:3 @ Nov 29 2016, 11:14 AM)
Why in rush to know? I rather they take their time to properly build the world and storyline so richer contents can be explored down in the next seasons smile.gif
It has nothing to do with building momentum or storyline execution. It's what is that damn dangling carrot to chase after. If they want to do a batshit crazy David Lynch or challenging David Chronenberg, I'm game for it. Just don't pull off a Damon Lindelof playbook. wink.gif
6so
post Dec 5 2016, 03:54 PM

Getting Started
121 posts

My take is the show align back to the movie theme.
Arnold just lost himself trying to substitute Dolores with his affixation to fill the void in his life. Think he created a pandora box that he won't be able to contain.
Ford is just honoring the memory of Arnold by liberating the host which will be the backbone for seasons to come, I think! On a serious note, doubt Anthony Hopkins will be able to stick through a recurring role in all the seasons to come. He might guest star here and there a bit, I suppose.
So will Bernard the peacemaker between the divide or finishing what Arnold has started by fixing or evolving the host for better or worse.
With all the Alice in the Wonderland references, suppose it's about Dolores coming to terms that she no longer in a rabbit hole.
Do they love Radiohead???
"Exit Music" for Ford's speech moment.

This post has been edited by 6so: Dec 5 2016, 03:56 PM
6so
post Dec 6 2016, 11:32 AM

Getting Started
121 posts

QUOTE(itekderp @ Dec 6 2016, 02:27 AM)
Arnold let himself be killed to sabotage the park, so it would never be open to the public. His death somewhat woke Ford up, and corrected his own mistakes. MiB was played along by Ford, wreaking havoc for 35 years in the park to correct that mistake.
Ford did not always agree with Arnold. Arnold wanted to recreate his dead son. Ford wanted the same thing but for purposes yet to be revealed. If you think he's dead, look again closely.
IMO if they revive Ford that will betray the essence of all the set-up. A cheap ploy but not saying it won't happen. I would rather they stick to what entails. IMO Ford molded Bernald into a copy of Arnold to find a solution to the host. Ford recreated his childhood memory while Arnold wanted to substitute Dolores with Charlie. Both are equally indulging a delusional fantasy of their own shortcomings. Furthermore transferring consciousness into a host was not properly set-up. What was established is the host need to relive memories and experiences to trigger their self-awareness.
If they are to reference the movie storyline...ancient Rome and medieval Europe were part of the world the movie took place. Jonathan Nolan shot down the crossover of worlds but you never know or just a matter of time that will happen.

6so
post Dec 7 2016, 07:16 AM

Getting Started
121 posts

QUOTE(itekderp @ Dec 7 2016, 02:34 AM)
How so? I mean, AI was always Arnold's dream. What does Ford really want, it's never been revealed I feel. I don't think he's done yet, even with Dolores achieving consciousness. What purpose would him dying serve
The motivation for Arnold to create sentient host is replacing the grieve that he lost his son. Just so he made them, doesn't mean he knows what to do with them. Ford to a degree not an architect but more of an administrator personality. Ford's death basically let the gloves off on the host. So the 2nd season forward think about how the host deal with their new awakening. It's easy to generalize it as host vs guest but I believe the show direction gonna be more nuanced than just that. We only caught a brief glimpse of Ford's new narrative so more should come to light on what he has planned. Personally I don't believe Ford is that comic book supervillain type.
The latest HBO aftershow may shed a little bit more light on the deeper meaning of the show.

6so
post Dec 7 2016, 06:38 PM

Getting Started
121 posts

QUOTE(itekderp @ Dec 7 2016, 05:39 PM)
Yeah, just speculating here.
For all I know, Ford realized Arnold's mistake and corrected it. All this time, it's still never shown what Ford's intentions are. We've been led to believe he's against Arnold creating AI, that Arnold's death changed something in him. But that is a devious misdirection, the twist in the finale. We still don't know what he wants. I don't buy that he's satisfied his life's work after perfecting Arnold's mistakes. That's Arnold's work, not him.
Errr!!!....Ford couldn't fix the host's bicameral mind. Even his latest greatest still hearing voices in their head as demonstrated by the boy killing the dog. From what I can gather, with Arnold's death and the park shutting down still does not eliminate the problem of how to face the sentient host. Proclaiming their humanity to the world or controlling them. It's clear Ford opted for control and neither did Arnold given him a solution, but Ford is slipping from his control of the host and Delos intervening at the same time. I believe many just got sidetracked the show is about Arnold vs Ford. At the core of it all is about the host and to what end will become of them. If you take a step back Arnold is the douchebag in things that has come to pass.

One of Ford's last words to Dolores:
He has taken 35 years to correct his mistake.

Perhaps it's time to let loose on the host and how they would react in an organic manner.

The reason why Bernard needed to experience harsh betrayal is to prep him for things to come. Ford spent years nurturing Bernard to be Arnold. Perhaps he is able to do good for the host or he's able to evolve the code. It's anybody's guess.

Metaphorically, Bernard able to say goodbye to Charlie while Arnold couldn't. In that sense Bernard perhaps a better version of Arnold.

With the constant flashback, I won't be surprised that Ford storyline still able to carry on. Just don't be like a cheap switch and bait comic book storyline. Unless they have an interesting angle with it.

Then again that's my opinion...you can disagree or I'm just dead wrong.

6so
post Dec 11 2016, 10:20 AM

Getting Started
121 posts

A very sound theory that look out of the box to what was presented. At least it's not pigeon hole to just MIB, Ford or Bernard.

It would be really interesting if this is forthcoming.
6so
post Dec 16 2016, 09:08 AM

Getting Started
121 posts

To a degree many of us are over analyzing what has Arnold done to spite Ford. To me right now I just regard Arnold as a McGuffin to simply bridging point a to point b. The show is very deft at creating contradicting personality and shifting motivations of their characters. On surface Ford perceived as a machiavellian archetype but time and time again have little moments to show that he isn't.
He did confessed Arnold is the ideal partner.
He is a flaw character that fixated with sentimental feelings.

It's oversimplified to just label Ford fixes Arnold's error and I just don't buy he had great animosity towards Arnold. I would rather subscribe to the idea Ford building the foundation to honor Arnold's vision of the host. Again the show is up for open interpretation.

Charlotte could be the bigger threat to focus coming forward as she did started something with Sizemore involving Dolores Papa.
6so
post Dec 24 2016, 08:14 AM

Getting Started
121 posts

QUOTE(azbro @ Dec 23 2016, 07:25 PM)
For the season to continue, I think the final episode in Season1 they will have to twist it...example MiB got captured not killed, Ford didn't die, actually Ford used an android instead of himself, who knows? Anything is possible
Judging from Jonathan Nolan past works, he won't go for the obvious linear story structure. I was hoping he keeps Ford dead and use other means to continue his story like flashbacks or a host that embody him but play by another actor. Kinda what GOT did where a key character dies and replace by a newer interesting villain or hero. His writing style basically echoes the principle of his script for The Prestige movie. "The Pledge, The Turn, The Prestige" thingy

To me MIB storyline is the least appealing because he is there to function as a plot device to move the storyline from one point to another. I suspect now the show ask us to pay attention to him but down the road Charlotte or Bernard is the one we suppose to focus on all along. He just another Mc Guffin.

As far as what I have read as of now, Ed Harris signed for season 2 but not Anthony Hopkins.
6so
post Feb 5 2018, 10:49 AM

Getting Started
121 posts

Two more months or so.
6so
post Feb 6 2018, 12:54 PM

Getting Started
121 posts

3 big things jump on me:
1. That new skinless android behind Arnold.
2. Logan appearance in a presumably flashback sequence and could tie into why Dolores in modern dress.
3. Maeve catching a snowflake with an out of focus kimono clad girl in the background.
Hint : Avoid imdb at all cost cause pretty spoilerific in their casting page.

6so
post Feb 6 2018, 07:31 PM

Getting Started
121 posts

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed...evealed-1081950
Man there are six parks all along.
1. West
2. Samurai
3. Roman (If they follow original movies/book)
4. Medieval (again based on source material)
5 & 6 Unknown
No guarantee we will see all of them as they are easter eggs from viral webpage.
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

6so
post Feb 12 2018, 06:06 PM

Getting Started
121 posts

QUOTE(miyakochan89 @ Feb 12 2018, 05:37 PM)
If they keep getting renewed then hopefully we will get to see all other worlds.
I am surprised that we never see any other androids from other worlds in this trailer, i thought it would be crossing over. Or maybe it would be like revealing/surprise. Then again, we already saw it in Season 1.
They planned for 5 seasons that is they manage to sustain the ratings.

3 Pages  1 2 3 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0212sec    0.44    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:31 PM