Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> The watch thread v13!

views

r3kahsttub
post Aug 7 2019, 10:24 AM

IG: @MTHRFKNWIN
2,072 posts

Last night's 50th Anniversary celebration of the Moon Landing. Unfortunately, not very many watches on display at all. Perhaps more interesting was the Speedies that turned up on wrists.

user posted image

user posted image
EpsilonStar
post Aug 7 2019, 01:58 PM

Regular
1,029 posts

May i check with SMP owners (2500D), is your watch gain/lose time?

I have owned 1 for almost a year, have been wearing it on & off. I notice mine has been +1-+3 a day consistently, but on recent becomes -3 seconds a day.. is this normal?
Everdying
post Aug 7 2019, 07:03 PM

Two is One and One is None.
Group Icon
30,298 posts

QUOTE(EpsilonStar @ Aug 7 2019, 01:58 PM)
May i check with SMP owners (2500D), is your watch gain/lose time?

I have owned 1 for almost a year, have been wearing it on & off. I notice mine has been +1-+3 a day consistently, but on recent becomes -3 seconds a day.. is this normal?
-3 probably nothing to worry about...could just be low power reserve.
iirc only the 8xxx and above can maintain accuracy even with low power reserve.

EpsilonStar
post Aug 7 2019, 08:17 PM

Regular
1,029 posts

QUOTE(Everdying @ Aug 7 2019, 07:03 PM)
-3 probably nothing to worry about...could just be low power reserve.
iirc only the 8xxx and above can maintain accuracy even with low power reserve.
Oh I have tried to wound it too, but seems same... Just not sure whether it's normal to go from gaining to lose time or something is wrong... And also I actually prefer to gain a bit rather than losing time...
EpsilonStar
post Aug 7 2019, 09:33 PM

Regular
1,029 posts

Dbl posted

This post has been edited by EpsilonStar: Aug 7 2019, 09:34 PM
JohnnyBeGud
post Aug 20 2019, 10:44 PM

Getting Started
252 posts

Any sifus here mind sharing your experience buying watch online from overseas? Particularly on the customs tax part.

What should I do to ensure my watch doesnt get hold up at customs? And if it does gets hold up, what should I do? How much exactly should I be preparing to put aside for tax if the value of my watch is around RM7,000.00?
OinkieE
post Aug 21 2019, 10:10 AM

Getting Started
104 posts

QUOTE(JohnnyBeGud @ Aug 20 2019, 10:44 PM)
Any sifus here mind sharing your experience buying watch online from overseas? Particularly on the customs tax part.

What should I do to ensure my watch doesnt get hold up at customs? And if it does gets hold up, what should I do? How much exactly should I be preparing to put aside for tax if the value of my watch is around RM7,000.00?
Just got myself a Steinhart from Watchlounge, Bern few months ago.
They shipped it via Fedex, regards the custom tax I guess it depends on your luck whether the officer wanted to tax on your item or not.

For Fedex they will pay your custom tax for clearance and you can pay them back at the time you collect your watch from them.

I am not so sure about how much they will tax on watches but for my case is around 6% of the declared value.

E.g: RM 7000 x 0.06 = ~RM 420

interestingsht
post Aug 21 2019, 11:01 AM

Casual
427 posts

QUOTE(JohnnyBeGud @ Aug 20 2019, 10:44 PM)

If it's by EMS. You'll need to contact poslaju n hire them to clear customs for u. They will need the invoice. Service charge is rm50. But service is damn slow. Took about 2 weeks to clear mine. After that incident. I'll go n collect myself at lcct hub.
chnwng
post Aug 23 2019, 10:12 AM

13 posts

Hi. Budgeting to buy an Omega speedmaster. Any recommended authorised dealer/seller. Normally what is the discount factor from list price?

Or should I buy from grey market oversea?

Thanks
JohnnyBeGud
post Aug 23 2019, 10:37 AM

Getting Started
252 posts

QUOTE(OinkieE @ Aug 21 2019, 10:10 AM)
Just got myself a Steinhart from Watchlounge, Bern few months ago.
They shipped it via Fedex, regards the custom tax I guess it depends on your luck whether the officer wanted to tax on your item or not.

For Fedex they will pay your custom tax for clearance and you can pay them back at the time you collect your watch from them.

I am not so sure about how much they will tax on watches but for my case is around 6% of the declared value.

E.g: RM 7000 x 0.06 = ~RM 420
QUOTE(interestingsht @ Aug 21 2019, 11:01 AM)
If it's by EMS. You'll need to contact poslaju n hire them to clear customs for u. They will need the invoice. Service charge is rm50. But service is damn slow. Took about 2 weeks to clear mine. After that incident. I'll go n collect myself at lcct hub.
Thanks guys for the input. Gosh, 6% is quite steep. Could’ve used that money to service a watch already lol
fuzzy
post Aug 23 2019, 02:04 PM

*pew pew pew*
5,569 posts

QUOTE(chnwng @ Aug 23 2019, 10:12 AM)
Hi. Budgeting to buy an Omega speedmaster. Any recommended authorised dealer/seller. Normally what is the discount factor from list price?

Or should I buy from grey market oversea?

Thanks
I can give you my AD fella and you can make the comparison.

Grey is definitely cheaper, but you forsake the warranty support and the buying experience. If you buying the speedy with that big ass box, you will also likely to incur higher shipping cost and tax.

If it's just watch alone cheaper.

QUOTE(JohnnyBeGud @ Aug 23 2019, 10:37 AM)
Thanks guys for the input. Gosh, 6% is quite steep. Could’ve used that money to service a watch already lol
If you just want a Steinhart, gnomon have a physical shop is in SG. You can get it cheaper without shipping and can claim back the GST also.
Jeebuy
post Aug 23 2019, 03:56 PM

5 posts

How much is a speedmaster pro going for now from AD?
fuzzy
post Aug 23 2019, 06:43 PM

*pew pew pew*
5,569 posts

First question is not how much, should be which speedy lol
chnwng
post Aug 24 2019, 07:00 AM

13 posts

[quote=fuzzy,Aug 23 2019, 02:04 PM]

Grey is definitely cheaper, but you forsake the warranty support and the buying experience. If you buying the speedy with that big ass box, you will also likely to incur higher shipping cost and tax.

Yes. Would appreciate if you could pm me your AD fella. Was reason why I want to compare the difference in price with grey market. Not worth if difference is minimal.

fuzzy
post Aug 24 2019, 11:50 AM

*pew pew pew*
5,569 posts

[quote=chnwng,Aug 24 2019, 07:00 AM]
[quote=fuzzy,Aug 23 2019, 02:04 PM]

Yes. Would appreciate if you could pm me your AD fella. Was reason why I want to compare the difference in price with grey market. Not worth if difference is minimal.

[/quote]

Sure, pm me your contact thumbsup.gif
RonaldF
post Yesterday, 07:21 PM

33 posts

Hey guys,

Any place in KL I can get good price for Balls Deepquest?

And also when can I get a good bracelet for my Orient OS300?
x-1o8-x
post Today, 12:40 AM

LOLICON Admin
1,100 posts

anyone know of a site where i can order nato straps that are thick but also long enough to fit a 8.5" wrist?

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0847sec    1.76    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 26th August 2019 - 08:15 AM