304 Pages « < 177 178 179 180 181 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

The watch thread v13!

views

r3kahsttub
post Sep 29 2018, 04:05 PM

IG: @MTHRFKNWIN
2,278 posts

If you cannot accept it, walk away. No one is forcing you to buy anything. I have bought brand new from store room, and brand new from display window. I have also bought brand new, but store asked me if can display -- and I also said ok, as long as not for public molestation.

Uniwalker
post Sep 29 2018, 06:32 PM

30 posts

Does anyone have experience with buying watches online from overseas sellers after SST and whether customs charges SST on those then? 😬
Superman07
post Sep 29 2018, 08:00 PM

Getting Started
76 posts

QUOTE(graphidz @ Sep 28 2018, 06:12 PM)
Except the one I got was not really BNIB but a display unit. I don't feel really good about it tbh, unless it's something normal

Just in case I wasn't clear on this, this was how their store sells their watches :
New watch comes in big box bundle -> put one watch on display -> customer try that watch -> customer buys that exact watch he tried -> puts new watch on display again from the big box. And the cycle repeats

Now I'm just wondering if that's normal business practice in the watch world or did that shop treats their customers terribly? I remember there was this one huge issue a few years ago about lyn seller Davis selling display unit gshock to a customer, so I thought selling display units is a big no-no

Also, is it "right" that the shop offers warranty only at the shop? I got used to how PC parts warranty works by either sending back to the shop or can send to their official service center. So not very sure about this in the watches world
I believe it's normal for customers to buy from display unit because they usually don't keep many stocks in the outlet unlike clothes. So the cycle that you described sounds like what many watch shops will practice. Most importantly is the watch does not come with scratches and etc. In fact many watches on display that I see generally are protected with some plastic wrappers to ensure it won't get scratched and etc.

thunderbird
post Sep 29 2018, 08:18 PM

SO what?
1,799 posts

QUOTE(Uniwalker @ Sep 29 2018, 06:32 PM)
Does anyone have experience with buying watches online from overseas sellers after SST and whether customs charges SST on those then? 😬
below RM500 no SST
graphidz
post Sep 29 2018, 10:47 PM

F.A.T.E
1,408 posts

QUOTE(r3kahsttub @ Sep 29 2018, 04:05 PM)
If you cannot accept it, walk away. No one is forcing you to buy anything. I have bought brand new from store room, and brand new from display window. I have also bought brand new, but store asked me if can display -- and I also said ok, as long as not for public molestation.
That is true. They even asked me again if I want to buy or not to buy but in the end I went through with it anyway. Also, at the very least in your experience, they have the courtesy to ask. But in my case they didn't at all. Heck I would have been Ok if they fake it by going into their store and wait for a minute or two before coming out again saying "this is brand new, not the same as the one on display" lol

QUOTE(Superman07 @ Sep 29 2018, 08:00 PM)
I believe it's normal for customers to buy from display unit because they usually don't keep many stocks in the outlet unlike clothes. So the cycle that you described sounds like what many watch shops will practice. Most importantly is the watch does not come with scratches and etc. In fact many watches on display that I see generally are protected with some plastic wrappers to ensure it won't get scratched and etc.
Ah I see. Guess that puts my mind at ease a bit. Thinking again, my watch wasn't high end so no special service or courtesy I guess. But that's just terrible business practice tbh.

Just to put in perspective on why I question on this topic is because I got used to working in a headphone shop where all those on display are strictly for demo. Each purchases the customer makes is absolutely sealed, unopened, brand new unit. Even if we're going to sell the display unit, we'd double/triple confirm if the customer is ok with that.

But I guess it's different on this side of the hobby. Thanks for clearing that up
khelben
post Sep 30 2018, 12:50 PM

I love my mum & dad
6,024 posts

QUOTE(lk3 @ Aug 11 2018, 04:28 PM)
guys been eyeing to get a pilot watch
narrow it down to laco type b , glycine airman and steinhart
wonder any feedback on these watches
most of glycine model i want is not available wonder anyone knows whr else to get other than watchshoppe
steinhart have any shop carrying this brand in kl pj?
and whr is the best discount for laco... red army giving 30%

thanks
Hang Thai Bangsar village has a lot of Glycine watches. They have Hamilton and Fortis too if you're still looking for a pilot watch.
Uniwalker
post Sep 30 2018, 08:20 PM

30 posts

QUOTE(thunderbird @ Sep 29 2018, 08:18 PM)
below RM500 no SST
Oh really? Nice!
widget
post Oct 1 2018, 05:11 PM

Regular
1,155 posts

QUOTE(Uniwalker @ Sep 29 2018, 06:32 PM)
I’ve just received a Zelos Mako watch from Zelos Singapore via Fedex last Thursday
The price is US$399 including free shipping.
FedEx billed me duty & tax RM25.85 + RM5.30 FCZ Charges = RM31.15.
I did not ask for the duty & tax breakdown though

This post has been edited by widget: Oct 1 2018, 05:11 PM
BigMan123
post Oct 1 2018, 09:44 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,426 posts

Other than Rolex which has increased price by 3%, any idea what are the rest?
fuzzy
post Oct 1 2018, 10:07 PM

*pew pew pew*
6,659 posts

Zenith increase, Oris increase, a few other also iirc.
Miracles
post Oct 2 2018, 03:15 PM

★ Detective /K ★
1,171 posts

Hello fellow watch enthusiasts.

Need some help on recommendations for dress watch for LADIES. Budget: < RM 1k.

Looking for something nice and special.

I am clueless about ladies watch. Oh preferably quarts over automatic due to her nature of job.

Appreciate the help guys. smile.gif
r3kahsttub
post Oct 2 2018, 03:30 PM

2,278 posts

There are some great Seiko and Casio under your budget, available in both quartz and automatic. Just check out City Chain or equivalent.
fuzzy
post Oct 2 2018, 03:45 PM

*pew pew pew*
6,659 posts

DW is under 1k..

Orient have a couple of models that is very ladies oriented as well.
gdomanguera
post Oct 2 2018, 03:48 PM

Getting Started
70 posts

Hi, i want to ask where I can buy orient leather straps. or if possible, only the orient buckle with the rose gold color.
I don't like the deployant clasp that came with my watch, I just want the normal buckle but its difficult to hunt for leather straps with rose gold buckle.
Miracles
post Oct 3 2018, 02:39 PM

★ Detective /K ★
1,171 posts

QUOTE(r3kahsttub @ Oct 2 2018, 03:30 PM)
There are some great Seiko and Casio under your budget, available in both quartz and automatic. Just check out City Chain or equivalent.
Would you mind giving me a few models to check it out? So at least I can check the price online, don't want to get 'chop' by retail price.

Before this, I was thinking of getting Bambino for her but I am afraid people will laugh at her for wearing men watches.

QUOTE(fuzzy @ Oct 2 2018, 03:45 PM)
DW is under 1k..

Orient have a couple of models that is very ladies oriented as well.
Sorry, DW is not on my list as it is not worth buying.

Thank you. I'll check it out them out.
alternativehype
post Oct 3 2018, 02:58 PM

Regular
1,230 posts

QUOTE(Miracles @ Oct 3 2018, 02:39 PM)
Would you mind giving me a few models to check it out? So at least I can check the price online, don't want to get 'chop' by retail price.

Before this, I was thinking of getting Bambino for her but I am afraid people will laugh at her for wearing men watches.

To a lady's eye, Seiko & Casio aren't "branded". Most ladies don't appreciate the value of Japanese made watches.

Perhaps she may be more attracted to fashion brands like Coach (yes, they have watches too), Gucci, Michael Kors, etc. For those, just search online (lazada, shopee, etc.) or at any shopping mall. Perhaps a smartwatch (apple watch, or amazfit) would be more appealing than Seiko and other japanese brands.

You should know your lady better...
ckweng
post Oct 3 2018, 04:20 PM

Craft beers for life!
1,615 posts

QUOTE(alternativehype @ Oct 3 2018, 02:58 PM)
To a lady's eye, Seiko & Casio aren't "branded". Most ladies don't appreciate the value of Japanese made watches.

Perhaps she may be more attracted to fashion brands like Coach (yes, they have watches too), Gucci, Michael Kors, etc. For those, just search online (lazada, shopee, etc.) or at any shopping mall. Perhaps a smartwatch (apple watch, or amazfit) would be more appealing than Seiko and other japanese brands.

You should know your lady better...
You, sir, are very right in this. Another good source to look for ladies fashion watch would be Zalora, with plenty of 18-20% credit card discounts out there. My lady likes a brand called Olivia Burton very much....simple and classy cool2.gif
r3kahsttub
post Oct 3 2018, 04:26 PM

2,278 posts

Over the course of my relationship with my ex-gf, I have bought her two Seiko 5s. One of them is 10 years old and still works today. Very recent addition is that gold piece; a Seiko Dolce which I bought from JP. You can probably source that online and have it shipped over.

user posted image
ck77
post Oct 3 2018, 04:39 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,546 posts

QUOTE(r3kahsttub @ Oct 3 2018, 04:26 PM)
Over the course of my relationship with my ex-gf, I have bought her two Seiko 5s. One of them is 10 years old and still works today. Very recent addition is that gold piece; a Seiko Dolce which I bought from JP. You can probably source that online and have it shipped over.

user posted image
Mana itu A cough P 😝
fuzzy
post Oct 3 2018, 10:38 PM

*pew pew pew*
6,659 posts

QUOTE(r3kahsttub @ Oct 3 2018, 04:26 PM)

user posted image
Wah, GS hide quiet quiet...

304 Pages « < 177 178 179 180 181 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0171sec    0.44    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 10:49 PM