Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

database / My SQL

views

TSxboxrockers
post Jul 27 2016, 06:55 PM, updated 8y ago

On my way
661 posts

Hi guys , I am new & self taught embedded system programmer , I see many embedded programmer keep saying they use MySQl log all data from (sensor,system or etc ) to mySQL , My question is it hard for a C programmer to learn MySQL ? . Can the retrieve data be plotted to Graph and etc ? , How usually MySQL output the data ? biggrin.gif Hope to See a answer

This post has been edited by xboxrockers: Jul 27 2016, 07:00 PM
matiko95
post Jul 27 2016, 07:01 PM

Enthusiast
910 posts

QUOTE(xboxrockers @ Jul 27 2016, 06:55 PM)
Hi guys , I am new & self taught embedded system programmer , I see many embedded programmer keep saying they use MySQl  log all data from (sensor,system or etc ) to mySQL , My question is is it hard for a C programmer to learn MySQL . Can the retrieve data can be plotted to Graph and etc ? , How usually MySQL output the data ?  biggrin.gif  Hope to See a answer
this is the misconception ppl always sees a db can do a magically happen without BI intergration.

if u wan to plot something, u need the data. not the whole structure of the db. the purpose of db is to store and analyze the data.
not to construct it for you.

if you wanna plot to graph, its up to you. the mysql will only give the data. how you wanna plot, u need to figure that out.

dewill
post Jul 27 2016, 07:06 PM

Regular
1,716 posts

MySQL just like any typical SQL but recently has been chargeable. Please move to mariaDB and utilize the data.
TSxboxrockers
post Jul 27 2016, 07:07 PM

On my way
661 posts

QUOTE(matiko95 @ Jul 27 2016, 07:01 PM)
this is the misconception ppl always sees a db can do a magically happen without BI intergration.

if u wan to plot something, u need the data. not the whole structure of the db. the purpose of db is to store and analyze the data.
not to construct it for you.

if you wanna plot to graph, its up to you. the mysql will only give the data. how you wanna plot, u need to figure that out.
Okay looks like I need something else to do the plotting but mysql will store my data ,Btw I am newbie what is BI intergration? blink.gif
TSxboxrockers
post Jul 27 2016, 07:09 PM

On my way
661 posts

QUOTE(dewill @ Jul 27 2016, 07:06 PM)
MySQL just like any typical SQL but recently has been  chargeable. Please move to mariaDB and utilize the data.
Very New to all this notworthy.gif . Don't have knowledge on Database yet
alien3d
post Jul 27 2016, 08:41 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,740 posts

QUOTE(xboxrockers @ Jul 27 2016, 06:55 PM)
Hi guys , I am new & self taught embedded system programmer , I see many embedded programmer keep saying they use MySQl  log all data from (sensor,system or etc ) to mySQL , My question is it hard for a C programmer to learn MySQL ? . Can the retrieve data  be plotted to Graph and etc ? , How usually MySQL output the data ?  biggrin.gif  Hope to See a answer
just use percona and ms excel plugin for mysql.
matiko95
post Jul 28 2016, 11:13 AM

Enthusiast
910 posts

QUOTE(xboxrockers @ Jul 27 2016, 07:07 PM)
Okay looks like I need something else to do the plotting but mysql will store my data ,Btw I am newbie what is BI intergration?  blink.gif
BI is business intelligence, which is give you
insight into your business,.... this is marketing word.

but the real one is, you get alot of refined data in form of charts,
diagram, plotting and so on. u will not see raw data anymore.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0138sec    0.31    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:40 AM