Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

.NET .Net Server for deploying rest API project

views

TSanti-informatic
post Jul 26 2016, 10:58 PM, updated 8y ago

Enthusiast
902 posts

I Have some personal mobile apps that require calling Rest API to retrieve and updating data, but I'm unsure what type of options that I have.

In my company, we use remote desktop connection to connect to remote server to setup and manage our websites. I'm familiar with this method and wanted to do the same but I learn that setting up a server from a provider is not cheap. The cheapest with lower spec that I found so far is RM800, which is consider quite expensive for my personal apps. Not to mention the cost to install other necessary software in the server.

So I'm wondering what type of options do I have if I need to develop some rest API and I need to deploy it somewhere for personal use. It would be great if there is any free platform that I can use since I'm not earning any income from it, the cost can be an issue. But I would also like to know about any reliable and helpful platform that can achieve my goal
malleus
post Jul 27 2016, 08:45 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,096 posts

you can probably check out some of the cloud hosting services available. prices can start from as low as USD10 per month depending on the specs that you need. Google Cloud's giving a 2 month 300USD free credit, AWS gives 1 year free for micro instances (only for Linux though).

but keep in mind that windows hosting probably costs more than Linux ones.
alien3d
post Jul 27 2016, 09:30 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,740 posts

QUOTE(anti-informatic @ Jul 26 2016, 10:58 PM)
I Have some personal mobile apps that require calling Rest API to retrieve and updating data, but I'm unsure what type of options that I have.

In my company, we use remote desktop connection to connect to remote server to setup and manage our websites. I'm familiar with this method and wanted to do the same but I learn that setting up a server from a provider is not cheap. The cheapest with lower spec that I found so far is RM800, which is consider quite expensive for my personal apps. Not to mention the cost to install other necessary software in the server.

So I'm wondering what type of options do I have if I need to develop some rest API and I need to deploy it somewhere for personal use. It would be great if there is any free platform that I can use since I'm not earning any income from it, the cost can be an issue. But I would also like to know about any reliable and helpful platform that can achieve my goal
just find vps like digital ocean or linnode which offer 5 to 10 dollar per month.. setup ubuntu with .net core. Azure is way way overprice so as Exabyte.
Some part i think share hosting is not usefull for you ?
Eventless
post Jul 27 2016, 06:59 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,641 posts

If you don't plan on installing and maintaining a virtual server in the cloud, maybe you could take a look at Azure's other services? Just pay for the services that you need in order to run your apps.
https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/services/app-service/

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0119sec    0.44    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:30 PM