Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Reference material in STPM

views

TSKaiyang1998
post Jul 26 2016, 10:53 PM, updated 8y ago

23 posts

I came across some reference books and don't really understand about the theories and explanations within the context especially ace ahead chemistry.
I've found some old books in school's library but not sure if much of the syllabus and context had changed but the fonts reare colourful, especially PreU text Physical Chemistry by Peter Yip. I found it really concise and interesting. Can that book be used?
I'm taking biology, so any recommended reference materials for bio chem and maths? Even if it's old or hard to find, as long as it's useful for sem 1 students who really need to stick to the books for better understanding.
scgoh123
post Jul 27 2016, 05:58 PM

【鬼の隠し拳:天地ガエシ】
846 posts

QUOTE(Kaiyang1998 @ Jul 26 2016, 11:53 PM)
I came across some reference books and don't really understand about the theories and explanations within the context especially ace ahead chemistry.
I've found some old books in school's library but not sure if much of the syllabus and context had changed but the fonts reare colourful, especially PreU text Physical Chemistry by Peter Yip. I found it really concise and interesting. Can that book be used?
I'm taking biology, so any recommended reference materials for bio chem and maths? Even if it's old or hard to find, as long as it's useful for sem 1 students who really need to stick to the books for better understanding.
Any books, regardless whether it's STPM, A-level, college level or uni level, as long as it's beneficial in your studies, it can be used.

You can go to my blog for a list of old syllabus books (which is for sale but it's closed d)
http://shuchinggoh1996.wordpress.com

Then go to June 2016

For biology, I would recommend you College Biology reference books (Those extremely thick ones). I heard rumours where information in STPM Biology textbooks are not enough to sit for the exam.

Just Visiting By
post Jul 27 2016, 10:35 PM

Regular
1,828 posts

QUOTE(Kaiyang1998 @ Jul 26 2016, 10:53 PM)
There is no textbooks for STPM. Ace Ahead, like Pelangi, is just a reference material that is not even endorsed by MPM.

You can get the endorsed reading materials from the syllabus provided by MPM on its website.

For first term, I suggest you try to start with Sasbadi. The notes are better written.
oce
post Jul 28 2016, 10:08 AM

Getting Started
71 posts

QUOTE(Kaiyang1998 @ Jul 26 2016, 10:53 PM)
Biology - Longman (but it is unavailable for sem 3) or matriculation textbook
Maths - oxford ace ahead
Chemistry - Longman or old stpm reference books
TSKaiyang1998
post Jul 28 2016, 04:23 PM

23 posts

QUOTE(oce @ Jul 28 2016, 10:08 AM)
Biology - Longman (but it is unavailable for sem 3) or matriculation textbook
Maths - oxford ace ahead
Chemistry - Longman or old stpm reference books
For the Biology matriculation textbook, do you mean by the old matriks text book ?
TSKaiyang1998
post Jul 28 2016, 04:25 PM

23 posts

QUOTE(scgoh123 @ Jul 27 2016, 05:58 PM)
Any books, regardless whether it's STPM, A-level, college level or uni level, as long as it's beneficial in your studies, it can be used.

You can go to my blog for a list of old syllabus books (which is for sale but it's closed d)
http://shuchinggoh1996.wordpress.com

Then go to June 2016

For biology, I would recommend you College Biology reference books (Those extremely thick ones). I heard rumours where information in STPM Biology textbooks are not enough to sit for the exam.
Do you mean by campbell Biology ?

oce
post Jul 28 2016, 11:15 PM

Getting Started
71 posts

QUOTE(Kaiyang1998 @ Jul 28 2016, 04:23 PM)
For the Biology matriculation textbook, do you mean by the old matriks text book ?
Err nope. I mean those matriculation textbook/reference book that you can find in those bookstores nowadays.
TSOM
post Jul 29 2016, 12:48 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,145 posts

for biology, Campbell is the best book!! Highly recommended.

You should get it.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0133sec    0.45    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:51 PM