> THE ERA @ DUTA NORTH, The New Era Begins Now Investment

views

ThEmAGpiE
post Jan 8 2018, 11:30 PM

Casual
401 posts

QUOTE(JustinB @ Nov 22 2017, 09:40 AM)
I'll get you RM 800 referral fee up to RM 1600
I plan to book a unit here. Please advise me on this referral fee?
Fat3Twister
post Jan 9 2018, 09:02 PM

Regular
1,540 posts

Anyone can update what's the current progress? Foundation works done?
JonathanIB
post Jan 9 2018, 11:53 PM

KL PJ 100+project handling to find the best suit project for u.
1,573 posts

QUOTE(DesRed @ Jan 5 2018, 10:42 PM)
Face? If I'm one of the owners, I'll love to use the facilities coz I paid the maintenance fee for it more than showing it off to friends and relatives if they happen to visit it (not that I mind). But whoever bought it just for the facilities 'wow' factor alone must've really huge ego. tongue.gif

Still can't deny that if it is too crowded, then it'll diminish the enjoyment of using the facilities.
Not necessary. I use to swim at other ppl condo with friend when i dont have swimming pool around me. But when i bought my place with swimming pool, i end up hardly swim... when u dont have u want it, when u have it, u will have a thought that I can do it anytime, so probably next round haha

Hopefully you r not my type of group hahaha

But yeah weekday will more likely to be use for facilities instaead of weekend
Ckmwpy0370
post Jan 10 2018, 10:46 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,772 posts

QUOTE(JonathanIB @ Jan 9 2018, 11:53 PM)
Not necessary. I use to swim at other ppl condo with friend when i dont have swimming pool around me. But when i bought my place with swimming pool, i end up hardly swim... when u dont have u want it, when u have it, u will have a thought that I can do it anytime, so probably next round haha

Hopefully you r not my type of group hahaha

But yeah weekday will more likely to be use for facilities instaead of weekend
if you are enthusiastic on swimming, irregardless where you are

JonathanIB
post Jan 11 2018, 11:10 PM

KL PJ 100+project handling to find the best suit project for u.
1,573 posts

enthusiastic is a very strong word, not everyone have that. Same to gym or other facility usage
DesRed
post Jan 12 2018, 10:16 AM

Delta Echo Sierra Eight Five
2,866 posts

QUOTE(JonathanIB @ Jan 11 2018, 11:10 PM)
enthusiastic is a very strong word, not everyone have that. Same to gym or other facility usage
Yeah. Different people have different levels of enthusiasm.

For me, since the condo I'm staying in is pretty old and using the old-school round pools more suited for children to splash around in it, it really dampens my interest to use it to do laps. Of course there are other facilities like a basketball court, squash and tennis courts, but I'm not into high-impact sports. The gym? Don't even want to go close to it. I remember my sister who stayed there longer told me that there is a sweat stench past 10am onwards.

So what to do? Go for daily walks instead around the condo. Better than no exercise at all. laugh.gif
Maxccy
post Jan 12 2018, 11:09 AM

Getting Started
145 posts

I always pass by this project but frankly speaking nowadays price is a factor while all developments also crowded or high dens. As long convenient to work place, near distant to other places and good living conditions.
kc_wong
post Jan 12 2018, 11:14 AM

Getting Started
94 posts

QUOTE(Fat3Twister @ Jan 9 2018, 09:02 PM)
Anyone can update what's the current progress?  Foundation works done?
Currently in progress.
kc_wong
post Jan 12 2018, 11:19 AM

Getting Started
94 posts

QUOTE(ThEmAGpiE @ Jan 8 2018, 09:42 PM)
Really not so sure about the huge trees supposedly going to be planted. Wont the roots of the trees ruin the building??
I am not expert in tree planting but from what I know, when trees are planted in limited space, the growth will be limited. Just like bonsai.

The bougainvillea grown on ground can reach up to 8 feet but if grown in flower pots are just 2-3 feet.
kc_wong
post Jan 12 2018, 11:20 AM

Getting Started
94 posts

QUOTE(JustinB @ Jan 8 2018, 11:52 AM)
JMB will set the maintenance for how many years for the starts?
Sorry I don't understand your question.
kc_wong
post Jan 12 2018, 11:27 AM

Getting Started
94 posts

QUOTE(Maxccy @ Jan 12 2018, 11:09 AM)
I always pass by this project but frankly speaking nowadays price is a factor while all developments also crowded or high dens. As long convenient to work place, near distant to other places and good living conditions.
This project has good location, located within the reach of international schools, MRT station, Kommuter, Hentian Duta bus station, near KL city, direct access to Mont Kiara/Publika/KL Metropolis via direct link bridge to Putramas, easy access to KL Sentral via Jalan Duta.
DesRed
post Jan 12 2018, 04:23 PM

2,866 posts

QUOTE(kc_wong @ Jan 12 2018, 11:27 AM)
This project has good location, located within the reach of international schools, MRT station, Kommuter, Hentian Duta bus station, near KL city, direct access to Mont Kiara/Publika/KL Metropolis via direct link bridge to Putramas, easy access to KL Sentral via Jalan Duta.
Those that I highlighted. Are they within walking distance? tongue.gif

Coz I work around there and I know that from the Segambut KTM station to this project, it'll be about nearly 2 km to reach here. upcoming Jln Ipoh MRT station? Gotta walk more than 1km just to reach there. The only saving grace is the bus stop across the road where you can take it to the latter station, assuming that you know which bus to take.

Just have to accept that this project is more suitable for those who own cars. Those who commute via public transport will have to make do with the bus or look elsewhere. There are, after all, still plenty of condos (completed/under-con) which are close to the public transport.
coolguy99
post Jan 12 2018, 08:09 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,818 posts

QUOTE(DesRed @ Jan 12 2018, 04:23 PM)
Those that I highlighted. Are they within walking distance? tongue.gif

Coz I work around there and I know that from the Segambut KTM station to this project, it'll be about nearly 2 km to reach here. upcoming Jln Ipoh MRT station? Gotta walk more than 1km just to reach there. The only saving grace is the bus stop across the road where you can take it to the latter station, assuming that you know which bus to take.

Just have to accept that this project is more suitable for those who own cars. Those who commute via public transport will have to make do with the bus or look elsewhere. There are, after all, still plenty of condos (completed/under-con) which are close to the public transport.
i totally agree on this point. the location is not really public transportation friendly, doubt anyone would want to take ktm once mrt is fully operational.
m0n0p0ly
post Jan 13 2018, 01:30 AM

On my way
672 posts

QUOTE(DesRed @ Jan 7 2018, 12:49 AM)
One man's trash is another man's treasure, as they always say. tongue.gif

Facilities do play a factor when choosing a unit, but it won't be the major one for a number of buyers. Take the condo I'm staying as an example. 20+ years old, facilities only made up of a swimming and kids pool (the round type) with a basketball court nearby and a gym, meeting hall, convenience store, squash and tennis court plus management office shoehorned into the clubhouse. Yet they still command a high price between RM 750k - RM 800k plus even though it looks like a mid-cost condo on the outside by today's standards.

Yet, there are buyers who are still interested in forking out that amount for a unit here and going as far as to do major reno on it some more coz it's close to KL Sentral (2-3km) and the city centre itself (less than 10km). Maybe their friends and relatives may chuckle at their logic, but hey, if they like it and willing to do all that due to the location itself, then more power to them.
Agree, old is gold..old condo usually bigger compound
DesRed
post Jan 13 2018, 08:42 AM

2,866 posts

QUOTE(coolguy99 @ Jan 12 2018, 08:09 PM)
i totally agree on this point. the location is not really public transportation friendly, doubt anyone would want to take ktm once mrt is fully operational.
Not to mention that the path from the KTM station to this project isn't walkable due to the myriad of workshops lining the side of the road, unless you head towards the opposite side which have a pavement all the way to the TCMA plant, just have to note the busy intersection between the secondary school and the Petron station along the way to the latter. Still gonna be a long walk back, tho.

Riana Dutamas have the upper hand with reference to the KTM station as it is within walking distance. But like you said, it's not the best mode of public transport when compared to LRT and MRT.

QUOTE(m0n0p0ly @ Jan 13 2018, 01:30 AM)
Agree, old is gold..old condo usually bigger compound
Yep, and cheaper than new launches, but have to spend a lot on the rennovations just to live there comfortably. I've seen new neighbours' contractors putting a bin outside and they threw out everything you can think of from flooring tiles all the way to old built-in/standalone furniture and even the toilet and sink itself. It just sucks that the condo I'm living in only provides 1 cp for all units (except the penthouse ones) regardless of the unit size. You'll either have to rent the cp from the management or park outside for the extra cars.

This post has been edited by DesRed: Jan 13 2018, 08:43 AM
m0n0p0ly
post Jan 13 2018, 09:15 AM

On my way
672 posts

QUOTE(DesRed @ Jan 13 2018, 07:42 AM)
Not to mention that the path from the KTM station to this project isn't walkable due to the myriad of workshops lining the side of the road, unless you head towards the opposite side which have a pavement all the way to the TCMA plant, just have to note the busy intersection between the secondary school and the Petron station along the way to the latter. Still gonna be a long walk back, tho.

Riana Dutamas have the upper hand with reference to the KTM station as it is within walking distance. But like you said, it's not the best mode of public transport when compared to LRT and MRT.
Yep, and cheaper than new launches, but have to spend a lot on the rennovations just to live there comfortably. I've seen new neighbours' contractors putting a bin outside and they threw out everything you can think of from flooring tiles all the way to old built-in/standalone furniture and even the toilet and sink itself. It just sucks that the condo I'm living in only provides 1 cp for all units (except the penthouse ones) regardless of the unit size. You'll either have to rent the cp from the management or park outside for the extra cars.
Only toilet itself can spend up to 5-10k, replace new tiles, wc, piping for hot shower, rain shower etc

ThEmAGpiE
post Jan 13 2018, 11:54 AM

Casual
401 posts

Anyone can advise me which is the best view available - not gonna be blocked by future development?

I am actually looking to book a unit at Tower A 1 bedder facing KL Metropolis.
Ozymandias
post Jan 15 2018, 12:07 AM

Getting Started
94 posts

QUOTE(ThEmAGpiE @ Jan 13 2018, 11:54 AM)
Anyone can advise me which is the best view available - not gonna be blocked by future development?

I am actually looking to book a unit at Tower A 1 bedder facing KL Metropolis.
I have bought a 2000sqft unit also facing the kl metropolis, tower A as well. Not particular on view to be honest as my current condo have a nice view facing klcc and the novelty factor of that has diminished entirely.

This post has been edited by Ozymandias: Jan 15 2018, 12:45 AM
Ozymandias
post Jan 15 2018, 12:15 AM

Getting Started
94 posts

Anyways what I like about this condo is:

Pros:
10 minutes drive during rush hour to my workplace at klcc. Immediately goes straight to main road bypassing schools. Going back also takes me 12 minutes if I were to leave at 520pm. Tested this many times.

Also 1.4km walk (25minutes walk) to mrt 2. I may get a Portable bike for that matter. Once mrt 3 at KL metropolis is complete it's going to be only 1km walk!

At 550psf it's really a bargain for proximity to klcc.

Capturing potential upside once segambut is redeveloped.if they manage the commercial lots well , im looking at least another 40% upside on valuation. I've seen this happening with Bistari Condominium and regalia over the past 6 years.

Landscaping is excellent and I hope they don't fall behind expectations.

Cons..

A bit high density upon completion of full phase but if you look at other severely high density projects that are strategically located , prices are still trending higher.

This post has been edited by Ozymandias: Jan 15 2018, 09:46 AM
Ozymandias
post Jan 15 2018, 12:17 AM

Getting Started
94 posts

QUOTE(ThEmAGpiE @ Jan 8 2018, 09:42 PM)
Really not so sure about the huge trees supposedly going to be planted. Wont the roots of the trees ruin the building??
I think you can take a look at YTL capers as a benchmark for trees.. It still looks doable.. But don't think we can expect trees as per brochure.. Lol

80 Pages « < 26 27 28 29 30 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0157sec    0.38    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 05:13 PM