Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Hardware Mouse cursor freeze in Windows 10, Mouse freeze, keyboard still ok

views

TSkevyeoh
post Jul 24 2016, 12:53 AM, updated 8y ago

Look at all my stars!!
4,526 posts

Hi all,

Just trying out the Genius Slimstar 8000ME wireless keyboard and mouse combo on my desktop PC and after using a while, the mouse cursor will just freeze. I try to unplug and plug back the USB receiver/transmitter but it wont work as well. My windows did not freeze, i have another keyboard plugged using USB wired...still working normally. So it is just like the wireless mouse just lost connection by itself.

However, when i use other USB mouse, such as Microsoft Arc mouse, there is totally no issue at all. Like when the Genius mouse cursor just freeze, i straight away plug in my other USB wireless mouse and it will be back working immediately...

Anyone having this issue before? Not sure how to troubleshoot this.

Thanks!
iampokemon
post Jul 24 2016, 04:52 PM

Casual
391 posts

QUOTE(kevyeoh @ Jul 24 2016, 12:53 AM)
Hi all,

Just trying out the Genius Slimstar 8000ME wireless keyboard and mouse combo on my desktop PC and after using a while, the mouse cursor will just freeze. I try to unplug and plug back the USB receiver/transmitter but it wont work as well. My windows did not freeze, i have another keyboard plugged using USB wired...still working normally. So it is just like the wireless mouse just lost connection by itself.

However, when i use other USB mouse, such as Microsoft Arc mouse, there is totally no issue at all. Like when the Genius mouse cursor just freeze, i straight away plug in my other USB wireless mouse and it will be back working immediately...

Thanks!
u got try it on other pc. Most probably is the mouse problem, try to claim for warranty if you still have it.
TSkevyeoh
post Jul 25 2016, 09:56 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,526 posts

i think i may have solved the issue....

i am 90% sure that it is the battery problem....the reason why i never suspect it could be the battery problem is because the optical light beneath the mouse still turns on so i thought there is battery juice left...

but the problem gets worse and worse...initially the mouse froze after a while of usage...10-15 mins...and then slowly the duration gets shorter until tonight it just wont work totally...even i try to plug and unplug the USB receiver...but the red optical light still turns on...that is why i never think it is battery issue...

then suddenly dunno why i just decided to switch battery...and dang...mouse is working fine now...so far so good...

bangwall.gif bangwall.gif bangwall.gif

sometimes it is just a super basic solution...but end up takes a while to troubleshoot....
doh.gif doh.gif doh.gif

ok ok...i am so blur.....

QUOTE(iampokemon @ Jul 24 2016, 04:52 PM)
u got try it on other pc. Most probably is the mouse problem, try to claim for warranty if you still have it.
SUSTXSim
post Jul 25 2016, 10:05 PM

TIME Fibre Assistant and Wi-Fi Router Assistant
2,137 posts

QUOTE(kevyeoh @ Jul 24 2016, 12:53 AM)
Hi all,

Thanks!
When your mouse cursor freeze.
Is it able to go to Start Menu by pressing Start Button?
Did you change the battery?

Combo USB receiver?
Might be Mouse GPU problem.

TSkevyeoh
post Jul 25 2016, 10:08 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,526 posts

it is the battery problem....even though the red optical light from the mouse still can turn on.... after i change battery....works now....

smile.gif

QUOTE(TXSim @ Jul 25 2016, 10:05 PM)
When your mouse cursor freeze.
Is it able to go to Start Menu by pressing Start Button?
Did you change the battery?

Combo USB receiver?
Might be Mouse GPU problem.
SUSTXSim
post Jul 25 2016, 10:09 PM

2,137 posts

QUOTE(kevyeoh @ Jul 25 2016, 10:08 PM)
it is the battery problem....even though the red optical light from the mouse still can turn on.... after i change battery....works now....

smile.gif
OK. I suggested not to use Eveready and Energizer battery. Not reliable.
Use Panasonic as possible.

This post has been edited by TXSim: Jul 25 2016, 10:10 PM
SUSTXSim
post Jul 25 2016, 10:40 PM

2,137 posts

QUOTE(jemes12 @ Jul 25 2016, 10:13 PM)
I think there was an error in your wireless system means in keyboard and mouse....SO my point of view you have to check them out by any expert technician who can handle it normally and fix their problem.
Wireless can cause by radio signal from Router or DECT Phones.
TSkevyeoh
post Jul 31 2016, 11:56 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,526 posts

For my case already confirm it is battery issue... lol... so far smooth after change battery... just that don't understand the old battery I can still see the red optical light from mouse on... maybe battery damn weak.... but enough to power the optical light only....
1024kbps
post Jul 31 2016, 01:50 PM

李素裳
5,780 posts

You should install the software from official website, the software could at least warn you if the battery is low sweat.gif

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0138sec    0.74    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 10:06 AM