Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Aircond compressor replacement fee, Aircond under warranty

views

TSnavinnaido36
post Jul 21 2016, 07:18 PM, updated 8y ago

Getting Started
144 posts

I understand most aircond nowdays compressor is under warranty. Usually first year free labour from the aircond company so the service is free of charge. But after that u can claim compressor but need pay for workmanship. I need to know how much labour fee do people charge. Also aircond expert can know whether the process is complicated. Recently had people help change the compresser under warranty but charge around RM 600. I fell this is too expensive so can highlight me whether this is normal or this is expensive. i have add some pic pls look at the pics as reference. And the company also did help me install 2 aircond just because acson fellow cant do the workmanship say need hack this and that because they noobies. Even i already provided 30 feet of copper for the 2 aircond installation they only deduct rm 240 which i fell is too little. So pls advice.

Attached Image
Attached Image

They excuse they give me is the insulation not counted and count insulation from them so only deduct rm 240 which i wonder if whether the insulation is it actually expensive ?.

This post has been edited by navinnaido36: Jul 21 2016, 07:28 PM
weng-aircon
post Jul 21 2016, 09:55 PM

Getting Started
194 posts

QUOTE(navinnaido36 @ Jul 21 2016, 07:18 PM)
I understand most aircond nowdays compressor is under warranty. Usually first year free labour from the aircond company so the service is free of charge. But after that u can claim compressor but need pay for workmanship. I need to know how much labour fee do people charge. Also aircond expert can know whether the process is complicated. Recently had people help change the compresser under warranty but charge around RM 600. I fell this is too expensive so can highlight me whether this is normal or this is expensive. i have add some pic pls look at the pics as reference. And the company also did help me install 2 aircond just because acson fellow cant do the workmanship say need hack this and that because they noobies. Even i already provided 30 feet of copper for the 2 aircond installation they only deduct rm 240 which i fell is too little. So pls advice.

Attached Image
Attached Image

They excuse they give me is the insulation not counted and count insulation from them so only deduct rm 240 which i wonder if whether the insulation is it actually expensive ?.
What's your brand that charge extremely skyhigh??? The brand I'm working on only barge 450 for labour for 2.0hp and 250 for 1.0hp. People also already complaint expensive. Haha!

voonmingloo
post Jul 21 2016, 11:22 PM

Casual
436 posts

kENA kETUK TERUK TERUK !!! sO sO HIGH PRICE!!!
TSnavinnaido36
post Jul 22 2016, 10:04 AM

Getting Started
144 posts

QUOTE(weng-aircon @ Jul 21 2016, 05:55 AM)
What's your brand that charge extremely skyhigh??? The brand I'm working on only barge 450 for labour for 2.0hp and 250 for 1.0hp. People also already complaint expensive. Haha!
My compressor replacement which he charge rm 600 is panasonic 2.0 inverter.
Ikr so expensive if u say only rm 450 lucky i didnt pay yet still hold the payment.
Morever this company people came and only put in gas whereelse the compressor already faulty say claim but took like few months then only actually report to panasonic to claim and delay 2 months to claim compressor after report to panasonic.

This post has been edited by navinnaido36: Jul 22 2016, 10:09 AM
TSnavinnaido36
post Jul 22 2016, 10:10 AM

Getting Started
144 posts

QUOTE(voonmingloo @ Jul 21 2016, 07:22 AM)
kENA kETUK TERUK TERUK !!! sO sO HIGH PRICE!!!
Zzz can u tell me which is high and wt the price should be so i can taruh this company.
ozak
post Jul 22 2016, 11:21 AM

10k Club
All Stars
16,546 posts

QUOTE(navinnaido36 @ Jul 22 2016, 10:04 AM)
My compressor replacement which  he charge rm 600 is panasonic 2.0 inverter.
Ikr so expensive if u say only rm 450 lucky i didnt pay yet still hold the payment.
Morever this company people came and only put in gas whereelse the compressor already faulty say claim but took like few months then only actually report to panasonic to claim and delay 2 months to claim compressor after report to panasonic.
Why you don't call direct to Panasonic for the warranty?

They already done and now you have 2nd thought about expensive? You should post here 1st and consult. Before agree the job. Or get another quote from another company.

You going to have many argument and later write a blacklist story here.
TSnavinnaido36
post Jul 22 2016, 12:32 PM

Getting Started
144 posts

QUOTE(ozak @ Jul 21 2016, 07:21 PM)
Why you don't call direct to Panasonic for the warranty?

They already done and now you have 2nd thought about expensive? You should post here 1st and consult. Before agree the job. Or get another quote from another company.

You going to have many argument and later write a blacklist story here.
For ur info this is not done by panasonic and is done by a company. Im not trying to have a argument or writing a blacklist story here. I already talk to the company that i have to review the quote and then only discuss about the payment so i already told them i keep the on hold first. They said this is standard price which obviously is not and i need to know first what are other person charging and wt is roughly the amount getting charge for this service. Without this knowledge how am i going to nego with them. Plus if i plan to blacklist or start a argument did u notice that the resit i already take out company header. Eventhough i miss out starmax engineering at bottom but oh well is not about argument or blacklist so pls dont misunderstand.

This post has been edited by navinnaido36: Jul 22 2016, 12:35 PM
TSnavinnaido36
post Jul 22 2016, 12:39 PM

Getting Started
144 posts

Do note this is not first time i use this company service but many times i use their service for new aircond installation. The price was reasonable until just recently when they did the compreasor replacement and aircond installation which i didnt buy from them. The quote was expensive.

This post has been edited by navinnaido36: Jul 22 2016, 12:39 PM
weikee
post Jul 22 2016, 07:50 PM

10k Club
All Stars
12,019 posts

Sometime repairing need more work than replacing, if they taken out the compressor may have to do many removal and installation (i am just guessing). You can ask them for more details why is it so much higher? Isn't it the same as full service ac which maybe cost 200+, where the other cost coming from?
weng-aircon
post Jul 23 2016, 12:07 AM

Getting Started
194 posts

No, FYI you guys could see the invoice is not done by Pana. The charges this high I guess they are less experience in inverters. Replacement of filter drier and compressor for the labour is 600. They could get it at Pana for free for both items cause is under warranty. Refilling refrigerant for an empty air con usually charge 200 for 2.0hp I'm guessing because Pana 2.0hp is just larger abit compare to 1.0hp. so now is the labour for replacing the compressor and filter drier. 350 still doesn't make sense to me. 250 will be an ideal price for labour. Your compressor when they take down isit difficult???
ozak
post Jul 23 2016, 09:04 AM

10k Club
All Stars
16,546 posts

QUOTE(navinnaido36 @ Jul 22 2016, 12:32 PM)
For ur info this is not done by panasonic and is done by a company.  Im not trying to have a argument or writing a blacklist story here.  I already talk to the company that i have to review the quote and then only discuss about the payment so i already told them i keep the on hold first. They said this is standard price which obviously is not and i need to know first what are other person charging and wt is roughly the amount getting charge for this service. Without this knowledge how am i going to nego with them.  Plus if i plan to blacklist or start a argument did u notice that the resit i already take out company header. Eventhough i miss out starmax engineering at bottom but oh well is not about argument or blacklist so pls dont misunderstand.
I know you use other company. Why you don't call panasonic for warranty?

The arqument or writing blacklist will be later on when you 2 fighting each other.

The thing is, the job is already done or still at the quotation level? If it still at the quotation level, than just throw away that quotation and look for others.

This post has been edited by ozak: Jul 23 2016, 09:05 AM
weng-aircon
post Jul 23 2016, 09:47 AM

Getting Started
194 posts

QUOTE(ozak @ Jul 23 2016, 09:04 AM)

The arqument or writing blacklist will be later on when you 2 fighting each other.

The thing is, the job is already done or still at the quotation level? If it still at the quotation level, than just throw away that quotation and look for others.
I don't think pana will take up this kinda job. If they does the people will be damn busy. Please note pana doesn't have much technician working in there. Mostly is they will call dealer to does the job. Same goes to Daikin. But if vrv series they will go by them self with the engineers.
voonmingloo
post Jul 23 2016, 10:04 PM

Casual
436 posts

QUOTE(navinnaido36 @ Jul 22 2016, 10:10 AM)
Zzz can u tell me which is high and wt the price should be so i can taruh this company.
The installation of the two air conds are really high price. The last time I install 5 new and two old units plus installations with new air cons (from 2.5hp 1x, 2 hp 1x , 1.5 hp x1 & 2 1hp ) & old units (1.5hp 1x & 1hp 1x) cost around RM9K. Yours installation already cost you 3K+. Really ketuk teruk. FYI, new units all Panasonic.

For the replacement, Panasonic has authorised dealers and you should check with Panasonic first and file complaint and ask them a list of authorised dealers to quote you first.
TSnavinnaido36
post Jul 27 2016, 04:57 PM

Getting Started
144 posts

QUOTE(voonmingloo @ Jul 23 2016, 06:04 AM)
The installation of the two air conds are really high price. The last time I install 5 new and two old units plus installations with new air cons (from 2.5hp 1x, 2 hp 1x , 1.5 hp x1 & 2 1hp ) & old units (1.5hp 1x & 1hp 1x) cost around RM9K. Yours installation already cost you 3K+. Really ketuk teruk. FYI, new units all Panasonic.

For the replacement, Panasonic has authorised dealers and you should check with Panasonic first and file complaint and ask them a list of authorised dealers to quote you first.
I understand is my bad that i didnt ask quote earlier and didnt find for help here earlier too. Guess i learned my lesson. At that time i just went blur.

This post has been edited by navinnaido36: Jul 27 2016, 04:58 PM
TSnavinnaido36
post Jul 27 2016, 05:02 PM

Getting Started
144 posts

QUOTE(ozak @ Jul 22 2016, 05:04 PM)

Im not even sure whether the company know this forum or not. Im not looking fight with them as i said earlier. I trying to nego i hope u understand wt is nego bro. "NEGO!!!!!!!!". Since they they wan try to brainwash us saying the rate is very normal. As a user without any information how am i going to nego. At least i manage to nego that day saying that the charges are expensive manage to reduce about RM 200 from the total bil. Although is not that significant if compare what people are saying that their charges are too overpriced but yah at least in the future i have some rough idea the cost and how to proceed in thing kind of things. And btw this is the same company that i buy the aircond from. They the wan said that compressor 3 year warranty. Only first year have labour and the rest of the year if problem compressor can claim but need to pay for labour charges. Plus aircond buy from the same company obviously u will let them do the compressor since most will hope labour from the same company u buy the aircond should be cheaper ?. In this case sadly is not.

This post has been edited by navinnaido36: Jul 27 2016, 05:08 PM

Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0254sec    0.52    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 11:15 PM