Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

[Offcial] Perodua Alza MPV Club V4, Car One Moment, MPV The Next

views

TSKiefer
post May 28 2019, 08:40 PM

On my way
560 posts

QUOTE(legioss @ May 28 2019, 05:31 PM)
i also need some advice on absorber, any recommendation? i have used kayaba excel g and sachs in the past but not too impressed, anyone tried gab before?
I am using Gab now. Installed like about 6mths ago. Initial drive, it is firmer than kyb excel g. Overall good, but i now felt that the shocks seems to wear out. It is 'bouncier' like the old kyb excel that i used previously (previous set) that had 2+years.

Seems the quality not lasting and i am now monitoring it.

Maybe i would suggest the kyb rs (i think it is rs) which is heavy duty.

This post has been edited by Kiefer: May 28 2019, 08:40 PM
cassinat P
post May 29 2019, 09:25 AM

Probation
0 posts

QUOTE(singk @ May 28 2019, 06:26 PM)
alza is not exora bro, steady with it, going 160 is really straining it, moreover you have no TRC, anything happen at that speed, i can't imagine.
heh... exora can maintain much higher speed ah? yea i do agree 160 for Alza is really stretching it, speed cant really go up anymore until when its slightly downslope where i barely touch 170... and yea it was full load with some luggage. I am still on the stock 15 inch rims with Silverstone tyres...and the brakes can't make it too.
cassinat P
post May 29 2019, 09:29 AM

Probation
0 posts

QUOTE(cleaner @ May 28 2019, 08:13 PM)
No need to mod, take it as it is and it will be reliable tool from point A to point B😊

For me alza max comfort cruise speed 140
yea, i think 140 is still comfortable, anything above the engine is straining...plus chassis not as stable too.

Kinda used to much higher speed cruising on my other car but boot space is small hence its not so suitable for family road trips. Driving too slowly can also make me sleepy... so driving abit faster keeps me alert and on my toes. Since i am going to have to use the Alza bit more for road trips, i thought i'd do something to make my driving experience better while keeping the speed of 140 to 160.
singk
post May 29 2019, 05:38 PM

5 posts

QUOTE(cassinat @ May 29 2019, 09:29 AM)
yea, i think 140 is still comfortable, anything above the engine is straining...plus chassis not as stable too.

Kinda used to much higher speed cruising on my other car but boot space is small hence its not so suitable for family road trips. Driving too slowly can also make me sleepy... so driving abit faster keeps me alert and on my toes. Since i am going to have to use the Alza bit more for road trips, i thought i'd do something to make my driving experience better while keeping the speed of 140 to 160.
maybe you need to live with 140kph in order to preserve the engine and the gearbox.

to make it able to reach 160 without straining it like a cow and have the potential to go even further,
- a turbo is what you need.
- a proper ATF cooler is a MUST.
- you need to beef up your radiator cooling capacity i.e thicker radiator

to make sure the car able to handle the speed:
- bigger brakes rotors, reinforced lower arm and bushes, enhanced anti roll bar front and rear, a full set of body stiffening bars.

else, if everything remains stock, you better of make it perform like a stock car.
ewe_chai
post May 29 2019, 06:10 PM

14 posts

Malaysia no sp trap?
ewe_chai
post May 29 2019, 06:10 PM

14 posts

Malaysia no sp trap?
cassinat P
post May 29 2019, 10:47 PM

Probation
0 posts

QUOTE(singk @ May 29 2019, 05:38 PM)
maybe you need to live with 140kph in order to preserve the engine and the gearbox.

to make it able to reach 160 without straining it like a cow and have the potential to go even further,
- a turbo is what you need.
- a proper ATF cooler is a MUST.
- you need to beef up your radiator cooling capacity i.e thicker radiator

to make sure the car able to handle the speed:
- bigger brakes rotors, reinforced lower arm and bushes, enhanced anti roll bar front and rear, a full set of body stiffening bars.

else, if everything remains stock, you better of make it perform like a stock car.
Thanks SingK, yes I did think of turbocharging the car but it is quite costly and there’s complications that go with tcing a NA car. Guess I’m going to start with the option of simple mods, going to get a works engineering drop in air filter soon. Let’s hope there’s some improvements in engine response/power.
singk
post May 29 2019, 11:45 PM

5 posts

QUOTE(cassinat @ May 29 2019, 10:47 PM)
Thanks SingK, yes I did think of turbocharging the car but it is quite costly and there’s complications that go with tcing a NA car. Guess I’m going to start with the option of simple mods, going to get a works engineering drop in air filter soon. Let’s hope there’s some improvements in engine response/power.
i do have a wild idea of getting k3vet into the engine bay of alza. kinda mechanically fit i think. but then, electrically will be nasty.
cassinat P
post May 30 2019, 08:36 PM

Probation
0 posts

QUOTE(singk @ May 29 2019, 11:45 PM)
i do have a wild idea of getting k3vet into the engine bay of alza. kinda mechanically fit i think. but then, electrically will be nasty.
K3vet is sick man... it has been done on myvi and I guess it should be the same for Alza. Other than the wiring which can be messy, it’s going to cost less problem than BOT. Not sure if the transmission can be transplanted as well?
singk
post May 30 2019, 10:45 PM

5 posts

QUOTE(cassinat @ May 30 2019, 08:36 PM)
K3vet is sick man... it has been done on myvi and I guess it should be the same for Alza. Other than the wiring which can be messy, it’s going to cost less problem than BOT. Not sure if the transmission can be transplanted as well?
myvi able to fit in k3ve & 3szve, that's since passo itself, so for alza it should be backward compatible (3szve to k3vet) as well. if you transplant the k3vet, you need to get the gb along. stock gb will die fast, really fast if you really whacking your throttle hard most of the time. maybe it may last a bit longer if you being gentle on the throttle.

cassinat P
post May 31 2019, 07:58 AM

Probation
0 posts

QUOTE(singk @ May 30 2019, 10:45 PM)
myvi able to fit in k3ve & 3szve, that's since passo itself, so for alza it should be backward compatible (3szve to k3vet) as well. if you transplant the k3vet, you need to get the gb along. stock gb will die fast, really fast if you really whacking your throttle hard most of the time. maybe it may last a bit longer if you being gentle on the throttle.
Ah.. along with gearbox, that make sense cause i am pretty sure the stock Alza autobox is not meant for much higher torque from the turbo engine. Anyway is k3vet halfcut easy to find now and what’s the cost like?
legioss
post May 31 2019, 08:26 AM

Casual
463 posts

can k3vet plonk in straight into alza or any engine mounting change needed? noted that k3vet and 3sz-ve are two different engine codes
singk
post Jun 1 2019, 04:07 PM

5 posts

QUOTE(cassinat @ May 31 2019, 07:58 AM)
Ah.. along with gearbox, that make sense cause i am pretty sure the stock Alza autobox is not meant for much higher torque from the turbo engine. Anyway is k3vet halfcut easy to find now and what’s the cost like?
i have no idea about the cost, maybe ranging from 10-15k assuming getting everythings done? the powertrain, installation, jpj endorsement etc.....
cassinat P
post Jun 1 2019, 09:11 PM

Probation
0 posts

QUOTE(singk @ Jun 1 2019, 04:07 PM)
i have no idea about the cost, maybe ranging from 10-15k assuming getting everythings done? the powertrain, installation, jpj endorsement etc.....
15k is quite abit of money.. upgrading to the exora maybe much simpler 😂 with much lesser headache and lesser resale issues. Maybe I should save my $$ for that...
singk
post Jun 2 2019, 05:37 PM

5 posts

QUOTE(cassinat @ Jun 1 2019, 09:11 PM)
15k is quite abit of money.. upgrading to the exora maybe much simpler 😂 with much lesser headache and lesser resale issues. Maybe I should save my $$ for that...
lol.... tau takpa. either live with what alza had, or get an exora. you can't get the fuel efficiency of alza with the performance level of exora given what you paid for.

cassinat P
post Jun 2 2019, 10:48 PM

Probation
0 posts

QUOTE(singk @ Jun 2 2019, 05:37 PM)
lol.... tau takpa. either live with what alza had, or get an exora. you can't get the fuel efficiency of alza with the performance level of exora given what you paid for.
Haha, true... there is always a trade off, pay lesser = get lesser but then the price of the exora is only few thousand more than the Alza advanced which I got 3 years back.

You’re right about more power usually means lousier consumption but the newer technology engines are pretty amazing with more power and better consumption such as the Mazda skyactiv engines or the Honda ivtec engines. Tbh, I think Alza’s fc is not that good for a 1.5 Toyota engine, considering its kerb weight is less than 1.2 ton. I am getting about 10-11km/l and my mileage for my 3 year old Alza. What about you guys?
singk
post Jun 3 2019, 08:50 PM

5 posts

QUOTE(cassinat @ Jun 2 2019, 10:48 PM)
Haha, true... there is always a trade off, pay lesser = get lesser but then the price of the exora is only few thousand more than the Alza advanced which I got 3 years back.

You’re right about more power usually means lousier consumption but the newer technology engines are pretty amazing with more power and better consumption such as the Mazda skyactiv engines or the Honda ivtec engines. Tbh, I think Alza’s fc is not that good for a 1.5 Toyota engine, considering its kerb weight is less than 1.2 ton. I am getting about 10-11km/l and my mileage for my 3 year old Alza. What about you guys?
new engine with new tech will surely be a good choice. another important thing is the powertrain reliability vs the tech level of the engine itself. or else you gaining 1km/l but requires pricey part replacement due to complexity or less reliable. you never know.

come on bro, 3SZ-VE engine exist since the first gen myvi and i believe it is even earlier than that. Even a Campro CFE is newer than 3SZ engine itself. The engine is low output in tuning (in Malaysia), and to pair it with an everlasting 4AT that is not so efficient (for some unknown reason i don't think perodua gearbox is that efficient compare to others), you won't be getting good fc. See how good Ertiga FC vs Alza FC you already know.
I don't think it able to compete with modern engines. Compare against mazda skyactiv technology is not so fair because skyactiv engine technology is a niche and nice technology for NA engine.
cassinat P
post Jun 13 2019, 06:51 AM

Probation
0 posts

Finally got my hands on the works engineering drop in filter, going to try it out in next couple of days and feel how much is the difference in improvement!

user posted image
legioss
post Jun 13 2019, 09:20 AM

Casual
463 posts

why go for works instead of K&N? I have used works before, bought it for about rm140, after using a while, notice there are micro holes formed on the filter, you can easily spot them by looking at filter to the sky, so i stopped using it, maybe i clean it the wrong way by knocking it like how i clean paper filter
TSKiefer
post Jun 13 2019, 09:35 AM

On my way
560 posts

QUOTE(legioss @ Jun 13 2019, 09:20 AM)
why go for works instead of K&N? I have used works before, bought it for about rm140, after using a while, notice there are micro holes formed on the filter, you can easily spot them by looking at filter to the sky, so i stopped using it, maybe i clean it the wrong way by knocking it like how i clean paper filter
micro holes. possible wrong cleaning methods, but by just 'knocking' it off should not damaged it. Actual cleaning for this type of filter is to use their cleaning detergent and lube it with the 'oil' provided.

85 Pages « < 62 63 64 65 66 > » Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0144sec    0.34    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 10:02 PM