Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

How to sync iPhone with my desktop Outlook?

views

TSDavton
post Jul 19 2016, 07:27 AM, updated 8y ago

2 posts

Hello!
Just switched from my old BlackBerry to iPhone 6s and can't find a way to sync it with Outlook contacts and calendar on my PC.
I've tried syncing with iTunes, it works with transferring data from Outlook to iPhone. However, changes I make in phone's calendar app not showing up in my desktop Outlook.
Is there a way to automatically transfer Outlook data between PC Outlook and my iPhone 6S without using the Cloud?
TSDavton
post Jul 28 2016, 06:06 AM

2 posts

For more than a week I've tested 3 different software for syncing Outlook with my iPhone 6: gSync, Akruto and Companionlink.
gSync works through putting Outlook data to your google account and then you could sync it with your iPhone. The good thing about this software is that it's the cheapest option ($20), the bad thing is that it keeps data in the Google cloud. This was the main reason I gave up with testing this software.
Akruto ($35) can work via Wi-Fi or over the Internet (without using cloud). I've tested it for 3 days and seems that it works great with transferring Outlook data to all iPhones (tested with iPhone 6 and 4s). The good thing is that you don't need any extra app on your phone to work with Outlook data. Setting it up to work via WiFi took only 5 minutes comparing to half an hour with gSync.
Companionlink ($50) works through USB, Cloud and WiFi. Only tested its work with WiFi, but results were disappointing. The software created tons of entries of a single appointment, so it took an hour to clean up this mess. Also, in order to see and manage your Outlook data from your iPhone you have to install 3rd party app called DejaOffice. It's a pain when you need to switch between this app and your native phone's apps.
So, at the end of my trial period with each software, I will probably stay with Akruto. Here's how it works with iPhone if somebody will have the same problems:
http://www.akruto.com/sync-iphone-with-outlook/

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0146sec    0.24    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 06:06 PM