Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump TopicReply to this topicRSS feed Start new topic Start Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> LYN SUBARU CLUB v2, XV FORESTR WRX BRZ OUTBCK LEGACY LEVORG

bubs66
post Yesterday, 04:49 PM

Getting Started
Group: Junior Member

there is some weird sound at the bottom left side. I'm not sure what it but the sound does not 'tally' with the right side. Is it the bearing issue?
Mileage 1k ++ car

Sharp1e
post Yesterday, 06:49 PM

Group: Newbie

QUOTE(Zot @ Aug 16 2018, 04:11 PM)
Mine at 40k no problem
I see, that's great to hear. But can anyone give me an honest advise if I should go for either XT or 2.0iP since the only difference with XT is that it gives more power.
Zot
post Yesterday, 08:04 PM

Look at all my stars!!
Group: Senior Member

QUOTE(Sharp1e @ Aug 16 2018, 06:49 PM)
I see, that's great to hear. But can anyone give me an honest advise if I should go for either XT or 2.0iP since the only difference with XT is that it gives more power.
XT turbo? More maintenance cost. Unless you instant power crazy, then no need laugh.gif
Beebeej
post Yesterday, 09:57 PM

Getting Started

XT of course if rm is no problem.... your driving pleasure will be of different level of satisfaction.!! brows.gif

ImiR
post Today, 09:20 AM

What FXT has over F 2.0iP?
Turbo, sun roof, stiffer suspension and 18" rim. There could be other additional features. So, power is not the only difference. FXT has less body roll and handle corners better but has harsher ride.

What is the closest rival to FXT? Mazda CX-5 2.2D AWD. Both have powerful turbo and AWD.

Better test drive thoroughly those cars that you are interested at. Ask sales man everything that you want to know. Then decide and may you find the right car for you.
kevin613
post Today, 10:16 AM

QUOTE(ImiR @ Aug 17 2018, 09:20 AM)
What FXT has over F 2.0iP?
Turbo, sun roof, stiffer suspension and 18" rim. There could be other additional features. So, power is not the only difference. FXT has less body roll and handle corners better but has harsher ride.

What is the closest rival to FXT? Mazda CX-5 2.2D AWD. Both have powerful turbo and AWD.

Better test drive thoroughly those cars that you are interested at. Ask sales man everything that you want to know. Then decide and may you find the right car for you.
better brakes too(bigger disc in the front), and also XT is CBU from Japan, not assembled in malaysia.
Sharp1e
post Today, 11:22 AM

Thanks all for the feedback. But I wonder since this is going to be the last XT produced, will it makes it harder to get spare part in case of any breakdown and also considering this product is CBU.
kevin613
post Today, 11:39 AM

QUOTE(Sharp1e @ Aug 17 2018, 11:22 AM)
Thanks all for the feedback. But I wonder since this is going to be the last XT produced, will it makes it harder to get spare part in case of any breakdown and also considering this product is CBU.
its the same engine that VA WRX is using, and i doubt they will retire the engine anytime soon.
worst case if no more warranty, come find parts in SG, more than half of Forester sold in SG are XT. biggrin.gif
Beebeej
post Today, 11:43 AM

Getting Started

Am driving 2004 xt ....plenty spare parts are still available .😁
ZooK
post Today, 12:24 PM

Getting Started

I have both the FXT and F i-P in my house. Brother and me. Our kids are fine with both cars, equally bumpy. The FXT still seems much easier to drive with ready available power and less body roll.

Why is the reverse sensor soo loud though? Wakes all our kids up when reversing.
^pomen_GTR^
post Today, 12:26 PM

Enthusiast

never... coz xt is sharing parts with xv,normal forester,subaru legacy bp9 onwards, impreza v10 onwards

and engine+gearbox is sharing with wrx v11 specific
TitanRev
post Today, 01:21 PM

Some parts are easy to get, some you need to order. If you buy the FXT try to do some engine bay heat management upgrade coz the engine is very much hotter. I can feel it on my V11 WRX at hot afternoon. I've since remove the 2 side engine bay cowling. Wrap the AC cold side hose with heat insulation material, wrap the turbo and down pipe all the way pass the transmission. I remove the engine cover so that the hood scoop side opening can take in fresh cooler air into the engine bay when the car is moving coz with the engine cover on the side opening will be block by the engine cover thus not air is able to get into the engine bay.

The FXT is a good buy... thumbup.gif

Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0673sec    5.74    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 17th August 2018 - 03:19 PM