484 Pages « < 243 244 245 246 247 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

LYN SUBARU CLUB v2, XV FORESTR WRX BRZ OUTBCK LEGACY LEVORG

views

littlefire
post Apr 30 2018, 11:07 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,147 posts

QUOTE(tkhengong @ Apr 26 2018, 12:43 PM)
I saw quite a number of 2018 XVs on the road now. I can't wait to get one with Eyesight. Hope they roll out Eyesight equipped XV soon.
https://www.carlist.my/news/subaru-eyesight...-h2-2019/49145/

Second half of 2019
shyan@EA
post Apr 30 2018, 12:53 PM

7 posts

Hi all,

Just booked my forester 2.0i-p 2017, can't wait to get it

taitianhin
post Apr 30 2018, 01:15 PM

This is
1,322 posts

QUOTE(shyan@EA @ Apr 30 2018, 12:53 PM)
Hi all,

Just booked my forester 2.0i-p 2017, can't wait to get it
What offer price and offer you got
frankzane
post Apr 30 2018, 02:10 PM

On my way
661 posts

QUOTE(littlefire @ Apr 30 2018, 11:07 AM)
Wondered how many are willing to pay for the extra cash...

What I really hope to made compulsory is Blind Spot detector.
littlefire
post Apr 30 2018, 06:27 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,147 posts

QUOTE(frankzane @ Apr 30 2018, 03:10 PM)
Wondered how many are willing to pay for the extra cash...

What I really hope to made compulsory is Blind Spot detector.
Is all under the eyesight system, BTW Subaru is the most least blind spot car/SUV in it's category with all those wide window around it.
Zot
post Apr 30 2018, 09:29 PM

Look at all my stars!!
7,592 posts

QUOTE(littlefire @ Apr 30 2018, 06:27 PM)
Is all under the eyesight system, BTW Subaru is the most least blind spot car/SUV in it's category with all those wide window around it.
I think the EyeSight system is not for blind spot. More on distance with front car such as auto braking and also keep in lane.
littlefire
post May 2 2018, 09:23 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,147 posts

QUOTE(Zot @ Apr 30 2018, 10:29 PM)
I think the EyeSight system is not for blind spot. More on distance with front car such as auto braking and also keep in lane.
Oh sorry, but most oversea Subaru with the eyesight system does includes so call Vision Assist, it can let you know when something is in your blind spot, and even helps when changing lanes. I tot is all in one eyesight package.

https://www.subaru.com.au/xv/safety

shyan@EA
post May 2 2018, 09:36 AM

7 posts

QUOTE(taitianhin @ Apr 30 2018, 01:15 PM)
What offer price and offer you got
127k rclxms.gif rclxms.gif rclxms.gif
Zot
post May 2 2018, 09:49 AM

Look at all my stars!!
7,592 posts

QUOTE(littlefire @ May 2 2018, 09:23 AM)
Oh sorry, but most oversea Subaru with the eyesight system does includes so call Vision Assist, it can let you know when something is in your blind spot, and even helps when changing lanes. I tot is all in one eyesight package.

https://www.subaru.com.au/xv/safety
I believe this feature will eventually included because there are many cars at lower prices already have this included. I see many cars with orange color light lit up on side mirror when I passed by them.
Saltyball
post May 2 2018, 10:01 AM

0 posts

Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum, been passive reader for awhile. Just received my blue pearl XV 2018 last week. Did my booking in December last year. It's really fun to drive. 1 minor issues, I found that my driver's side door was a bit difficult to close ( like old proton) compared to other doors, is it just mine or others with similar problem?

Zot
post May 2 2018, 10:47 AM

Look at all my stars!!
7,592 posts

QUOTE(Saltyball @ May 2 2018, 10:01 AM)
Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum, been passive reader for awhile. Just received my blue pearl XV 2018 last week. Did my booking in December last year. It's really fun to drive. 1 minor issues, I found that my driver's side door was a bit difficult to close ( like old proton) compared to other doors, is it just mine or others with similar problem?
If there is obvious discrepancy, then you should just make a complain. I believe this is not something difficult to fix.
Bullorbear
post May 2 2018, 11:19 AM

Getting Started
123 posts

Hi everyone, I am considering to whether to buy HRV or XV 2018. For those who have tried both cars, any idea how is the performance (acceleration or pick up speed) and the NVH of both cars?

I Know that Subaru is very good in its handling. But just want to look at other aspects.
littlefire
post May 2 2018, 11:21 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,147 posts

QUOTE(Saltyball @ May 2 2018, 11:01 AM)
I believe is when the car is new, the rubber seal around the door area is still new and need some pressure to close the door. After a while, it will be easier once the rubber seal is compressed for some time. I am not sure if you encounter this, if door alignment is out it is a simple job to adjust only.

This post has been edited by littlefire: May 2 2018, 11:23 AM
littlefire
post May 2 2018, 11:34 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,147 posts

QUOTE(Bullorbear @ May 2 2018, 12:19 PM)
Hi everyone, I am considering to whether to buy HRV or XV 2018. For those who have tried both cars, any idea how is the performance (acceleration or pick up speed) and the NVH of both cars?

I Know that Subaru is very good in its handling. But just want to look at other aspects.
Bro, what you want actually in your next car purchase? Need to know your priority before we can give a fair feedback.
BTW, HRV or Xv is not made for performance at first and both is in different league. HRV = FWD, 1.8L & XV = AWD, 2.0L
You may go to carbase for simple comparison.

https://www.carbase.my/car-comparison?id=HJ...BUnF,JAaN8tWKh9,

By Theory, HRV (1249kg vs Xv 1558kg) should be lighter and faster acceleration or pick up speed in straight line, but in winding roads or track Xv AWD will win in term of cornering / handling performance with the availability of Torque vectoring to help reduce understeer & oversteer a lot compare to HRV FWD only.

NVH for newer Subaru are on par with other brands already and some claim even better due to new chassis.

This post has been edited by littlefire: May 2 2018, 11:50 AM
Bullorbear
post May 2 2018, 11:51 AM

Getting Started
123 posts

QUOTE(littlefire @ May 2 2018, 11:34 AM)
Bro, what you want actually in your next car purchase? Need to know your priority before we can give a fair feedback.
BTW, HRV or Xv is not made for performance at first and both is in different league. HRV = FWD, 1.8L & XV = AWD, 2.0L
Reason of me comparing this 2 cars is that their price are rather close to each other. Resell value may not be my priority, as I am not planning to sell it within 7 to 9 years.

I am looking at reliability and driving comfort. Or to be exact, if this doesn't trouble anyone to explain, I would like to have the comparison between these 2 cars on:

Reliability:
Performance (in terms of acceleration):
Fuel consumption:
Overall Maintenance:
Major issues: (If any, like some cars known to have gear box issue, engine or etc)
NVH: (heard that XV 2018 has very loud noise when go beyond 110km/h. Does HRV has the same issue as well?)

Zot
post May 2 2018, 12:05 PM

Look at all my stars!!
7,592 posts

QUOTE(Bullorbear @ May 2 2018, 11:51 AM)
Reason of me comparing this 2 cars is that their price are rather close to each other. Resell value may not be my priority, as I am not planning to sell it within 7 to 9 years.

I am looking at reliability and driving comfort. Or to be exact, if this doesn't trouble anyone to explain, I would like to have the comparison between these 2 cars on:

Reliability:
Performance (in terms of acceleration):
Fuel consumption:
Overall Maintenance:
Major issues: (If any, like some cars known to have gear box issue, engine or etc)
NVH: (heard that XV 2018 has very loud noise when go beyond 110km/h. Does HRV has the same issue as well?)
On the NVH, I suggest that you go test drive. Imaginary scale by different individual has no standard reference biggrin.gif
usingtea
post May 2 2018, 12:32 PM

Getting Started
68 posts

QUOTE(Bullorbear @ May 2 2018, 11:19 AM)

I would suggest u to test drive both cars back to back on the same day. Thats what i did and u get to discern the pros and cons of both in terms of driving immediately.
devildevil87
post May 2 2018, 02:12 PM

Getting Started
198 posts

Want to ask before MY13 d forester is using 4 speed auto instead of cvt?
only after MY13 forester become cvt transmission?
coz MY12 d forester got auto ver?
Only starting from MY13 FORESTER using boxer engine with DIT~
MY12 forester engine without DIT?
littlefire
post May 2 2018, 02:12 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,147 posts

QUOTE(Bullorbear @ May 2 2018, 12:51 PM)

Reliability: Cant comment in this, as 2018 Xv is totally new chassis, engine & gearbox. But in term of overall, should be no major issue
Performance (in terms of acceleration): Should be around 10 second to reach 100km/h, dude this is a crossover not a sport car go test drive first and decide
Fuel consumption: Share before in the car base link (Take note you are comparing 1.8L FWD with 2.0L AWD)
Overall Maintenance: Overall Xv should be more expensive due to 2.0L AWD, but you can google the maintenance chart and compare as it is mere few hundred expensive for major service, while minor service is almost the same.
Major issues: (If any, like some cars known to have gear box issue, engine or etc) No major issue from what i know for those important parts.
NVH: (heard that XV 2018 has very loud noise when go beyond 110km/h. Does HRV has the same issue as well?) What loud noise? Can elaborate? Previous old Xv got people complain of certain wind noise after certain speed but can be reduce using additional door rubber seal & sound proof setup.
Bro, go and test drive both and do some research from independent website and reviews.

BTW, in term of Subaru built quality, mechanical & safety is far more better than the H brand if you really compare in details.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1Wowz7NbUY

This is the most fair & best review for the latest Subaru Xv. You may take it as reference.

This post has been edited by littlefire: May 2 2018, 02:14 PM
kevin613
post May 2 2018, 03:02 PM

2,236 posts

QUOTE(devildevil87 @ May 2 2018, 02:12 PM)
Want to ask before MY13 d forester is using 4 speed auto instead of cvt?
only after MY13 forester become cvt transmission?
coz MY12 d forester got auto ver?
Only starting from MY13 FORESTER using boxer engine with DIT~
MY12 forester engine without DIT?
need to know which generation are you talking about because MY13 could be SH or SJ.

484 Pages « < 243 244 245 246 247 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0179sec    0.41    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:45 PM