Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

LYN SUBARU CLUB v2, XV FORESTR WRX BRZ OUTBCK LEGACY LEVORG

views

vexus
post Jul 23 2017, 09:49 PM

Master of Eatery & Sleeping
6,626 posts

QUOTE(Beebeej @ Jul 23 2017, 05:33 PM)
On the contrary it has one of the best FC in its class !!
What is the average FC for XV?
saratoga
post Jul 23 2017, 10:38 PM

Getting Started
74 posts

Hi ,would like to book one i-p Forester. Few questions before making decision...
1. Resale value really very bad? Let say want to sell it after two years due to unforeseen things. Will it like half value gone in two years time?
2. What if after warranty period over, the engine maintenance, not sure how expensive to maintain. Any known problem so far... Heard this engine different architecture, normal foreman dunno how to deal with it.

I test-drive it twice, feel that when going over hump, the rear suspension seem cannot hold the wheel well , but tends to have a little bouncy . Might be absorber not enough damp... Last time I changed an aftermarket shock for my vios and then become less bouncy. Not sure any aftermarket shock for this Forester, especially the rear suspension. Thks. Asking too many questions.
kamloong88
post Jul 23 2017, 10:51 PM

7 posts

Did u guys ever found any welding points along the doors of all Subaru doors?
Zot
post Jul 24 2017, 08:05 AM

Look at all my stars!!
7,592 posts

QUOTE(saratoga @ Jul 23 2017, 10:38 PM)
Hi ,would like to book one i-p Forester. Few questions before making decision...
1. Resale value really very bad? Let say want to sell it after two years due to unforeseen things. Will it like half value gone in two years time?
2. What if after warranty period over, the engine maintenance, not sure how expensive to maintain. Any known problem so far... Heard this engine different architecture, normal foreman dunno how to deal with it.

I test-drive it twice, feel that when going over hump, the rear suspension seem cannot hold the wheel well , but tends to have a little bouncy . Might be absorber not enough damp... Last time I changed an aftermarket shock for my vios and then become less bouncy. Not sure any aftermarket shock for this Forester, especially the rear suspension. Thks. Asking too many questions.
If worry about re-sale value, then just stick on popular car, cars you've seen most on the road laugh.gif

Subaru gave huge discount on last year model. That's is troubling when you consider re-sale value. Anyway, even most popular car will drop about 55% in 5 years. The worst re--sale value cars in Malaysia:

http://otoreview.blogspot.my/2015/12/worst...ted-221215.html

Yes, I found the suspension is a bit stiff on the rear but probably it is tuned for ride with loads, not just the driver. The wheel base is a bit shorter, I think, compares to my previous 4x4 because I bump from the rear came a bit sooner at my regular bump speed. So, the cargo cover bump as well. So, I have to learn new habit biggrin.gif

The spare part price cheap for cars with plenty OEM parts. If original part, I think not much different. I think/hope the car will be more popular in near future so that the parts will become just like others icon_rolleyes.gif
Cynox
post Jul 24 2017, 09:15 AM

Back to AMD camp!!!
5,306 posts

QUOTE(vexus @ Jul 23 2017, 09:49 PM)
What is the average FC for XV?
mine is 8.6L/100km for the last 5,000lm mileage. You judge for yourself whether high FC or not. smile.gif

My daily route do not have heavy traffic jam but not using highway.
Zot
post Jul 24 2017, 09:19 AM

Look at all my stars!!
7,592 posts

QUOTE(Cynox @ Jul 24 2017, 09:15 AM)
mine is 8.6L/100km for the last 5,000lm mileage.  You judge for yourself whether high FC or not.  smile.gif

My daily route do not have heavy traffic jam but not using highway.
0.086*RM1.97 = RM0.16942 (for current fuel price). I think this is very good considering AWD vehicle
saratoga
post Jul 24 2017, 11:39 AM

Getting Started
74 posts

QUOTE(Zot @ Jul 24 2017, 08:05 AM)
If worry about re-sale value, then just stick on popular car, cars you've seen most on the road  laugh.gif

Subaru gave huge discount on last year model. That's is troubling when you consider re-sale value. Anyway, even most popular car will drop about 55% in 5 years. The worst re--sale value cars in Malaysia:

http://otoreview.blogspot.my/2015/12/worst...ted-221215.html

Yes, I found the suspension is a bit stiff on the rear but probably it is tuned for ride with loads,  not just the driver. The wheel base is a bit shorter, I think, compares to my previous 4x4 because I bump from the rear came a bit sooner at my regular bump speed. So, the cargo cover bump as well. So, I have to learn new habit  biggrin.gif

The spare part price cheap for cars with plenty OEM parts. If original part, I think not much different. I think/hope the car will be more popular in near future so that the parts will become just like others  icon_rolleyes.gif
Thks. Just afraid Subaru car will be like drop half value in two years time, similar to those EUR brand except BMW n Merz.
The rear seem spring is stiff and shock absorber not matching to it. Any aftermarket shock already for Forester.
frankzane
post Jul 24 2017, 01:50 PM

On my way
661 posts

QUOTE(roocarroll @ Jul 20 2017, 10:06 PM)
A Levorg would be cool but if I spend above RM150k, I only get RM50k tax allowance. sad.gif
Is this tax allowance thingy specific to one's income? Coz my neighbor change his car every few years. Expensive cars somemore...
Henry T
post Jul 24 2017, 03:26 PM

10 posts

QUOTE(frankzane @ Jul 24 2017, 01:50 PM)
Is this tax allowance thingy specific to one's income? Coz my neighbor change his car every few years. Expensive cars somemore...
There is no tax allowance if it is a personal car.

Zot
post Jul 24 2017, 03:27 PM

Look at all my stars!!
7,592 posts

1) Car registered under company
2) Used car dealer
kevin613
post Jul 24 2017, 04:54 PM

2,236 posts

QUOTE(saratoga @ Jul 24 2017, 11:39 AM)
Thks. Just afraid Subaru car will be like drop half value in two years time, similar to those EUR brand except BMW n Merz.
The rear seem spring is stiff and shock absorber not matching to it. Any aftermarket shock already for Forester.
are you looking for more comfort or better handling?
if you want comfort, then stock shocks are the best for comfort already.. coilovers will only make matters worse..
roocarroll
post Jul 24 2017, 10:00 PM

32 posts

Technically, my company (I own it) gets the tax allowance, not me but the profits (after tax) go to me so it's the same thing.

Some of my friends don't bother with this tax allowance. They want to get big Mercs and BWMs so they register the car under the company and have the company pay for it but because the sales price is above RM150k they only get RM50k tax allowance. I guess it depends on your industry. If you need to meet clients and all of that, you need a flashy car. Nobody ever sees my car.
saratoga
post Jul 25 2017, 12:09 AM

Getting Started
74 posts

QUOTE(kevin613 @ Jul 24 2017, 04:54 PM)
are you looking for more comfort or better handling?
if you want comfort, then stock shocks are the best for comfort already.. coilovers will only make matters worse..
Want steady and comfortable. But the rear shock seem cannot quite matching with spring... If got little more damping for the rear shock that would be perfect. To me , comfortable doesn't mean soft soft goyang, that is much more uncomfortable.thks.
roocarroll
post Jul 25 2017, 12:25 AM

32 posts

QUOTE(saratoga @ Jul 25 2017, 12:09 AM)
Want steady and comfortable. But the rear shock seem cannot quite matching with spring... If got little more damping for the rear shock that would be perfect. To me , comfortable doesn't mean soft soft goyang, that is much more uncomfortable.thks.
I test drove the Forester with the SA in the front passenger seat and my wife and kids in the back. My wife thought it was very comfortable in the back. She thinks it's much more comfortable than the CRV. A few days later, I had her test drive it with me in the back. I think it's very comfortable too. She even did a little 'off roading' (drove on some grass and dirt) and it was much less bouncy than my Ranger.

If it's too soft for you, there is probably STI suspension for the Forester. I know Moog from Mighty Car Mods installed lowered springs on his Forester.
Zot
post Jul 25 2017, 07:51 AM

Look at all my stars!!
7,592 posts

QUOTE(saratoga @ Jul 25 2017, 12:09 AM)
It has to be tuned at certain point. Normal would be 4 adults. If only two in front, maybe back a bit jumpy on bumpy road
Blackcloud6141
post Jul 25 2017, 09:26 AM

1 posts

Hi..how much do you insure the windscreen for Forester? What is the price to replace? TIA
roocarroll
post Jul 25 2017, 12:28 PM

32 posts

QUOTE(Blackcloud6141 @ Jul 25 2017, 09:26 AM)
Hi..how much do you insure the windscreen for Forester? What is the price to replace? TIA
My SA said it's 15% of the insurance cost.
frankzane
post Jul 25 2017, 01:50 PM

On my way
661 posts

QUOTE(roocarroll @ Jul 24 2017, 10:00 PM)
Technically, my company (I own it) gets the tax allowance, not me but the profits (after tax) go to me so it's the same thing.

Some of my friends don't bother with this tax allowance. They want to get big Mercs and BWMs so they register the car under the company and have the company pay for it but because the sales price is above RM150k they only get RM50k tax allowance. I guess it depends on your industry. If you need to meet clients and all of that, you need a flashy car. Nobody ever sees my car.
I see...ok thanks for your explanation.
saratoga
post Jul 25 2017, 02:31 PM

Getting Started
74 posts

QUOTE(roocarroll @ Jul 25 2017, 12:25 AM)
I test drove the Forester with the SA in the front passenger seat and my wife and kids in the back. My wife thought it was very comfortable in the back. She thinks it's much more comfortable than the CRV. A few days later, I had her test drive it with me in the back. I think it's very comfortable too. She even did a little 'off roading' (drove on some grass and dirt) and it was much less bouncy than my Ranger.

If it's too soft for you, there is probably STI suspension for the Forester. I know Moog from Mighty Car Mods installed lowered springs on his Forester.
Not until the extent of lowered spring. Just an slightly more damping shock for the rear will do. The cx5 on the other hand, has just nice rear setup, for example. Crv is front and rear all soft soft boat...
roocarroll
post Jul 25 2017, 02:40 PM

32 posts

QUOTE(saratoga @ Jul 25 2017, 02:31 PM)
Not until the extent of lowered spring. Just an slightly more damping shock for the rear will do. The cx5 on the other hand, has just nice rear setup, for example. Crv is front and rear all soft soft boat...
I know some pick up truck owners put two bags of cement in the load bed because it's so bouncy when it's unladen. That definitely a cheaper solution than suspension mods.

484 Pages « < 151 152 153 154 155 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0178sec    0.32    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:23 AM