Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

7 Pages  1 2 3 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Photography The Sony Alpha Thread V63, From A to E Mount!

views

kyLL
post Jul 25 2016, 10:49 PM

-=-
1,638 posts

QUOTE(Eccentrical @ Jul 25 2016, 06:57 AM)
Video from the recent event at Shah Alam. Another test run on the a6300.
The purple fringe is caused by lens or body?  blink.gif

nice! i like the colour. not too saturated, and purple fringing/chromatic aberration is an issue of the lens.

focusing was a little all over the place in some scenes tho. were you on autofocus?
kyLL
post Jul 28 2016, 02:06 AM

-=-
1,638 posts

QUOTE(Eccentrical @ Jul 27 2016, 04:56 AM)
Browsed youtube for a few enlightenment, TIL manual focusing on some lenses doesn't work like the regular focus ring on DSLRs lenses(focus distance changes accordingly to focus rotation degree)

I uses various sigma lenses and guess it implements the same system; rotate fast to change distance by a large margin, and rotate slow for fine tuning.  sweat.gif
Zz. this video is crap. I saw it the other day. he got a lemon. No one else has this problem.. Yet he persists in his claim the lens has this issue and sigma isn't fixing it..
kyLL
post Aug 2 2016, 10:03 PM

-=-
1,638 posts

QUOTE(bdrc @ Aug 2 2016, 07:56 PM)
New spam:
user posted imageRam & Rem by RICO Lee, on Flickr
downloaded the original file from flickr, looks like alot of purple fringing? and focus not sharp? is that a quality of the lens?

love the pose and the composition.
kyLL
post Aug 3 2016, 06:57 PM

-=-
1,638 posts

QUOTE(bdrc @ Aug 3 2016, 05:02 PM)
It was manual focus, adapted Nikon lens. I have yet to get the AF-capable adapter.
It is possible keep re-compose first then move the magnifier window to point of interest to focus, the trade off is it will be slower flow-breaking (at least to me).
ahh.. that makes sense.. yeah. then in that case its gonna be REALLY tough to nail the focus.. sounds like you need the GMASTER 85MM. lol.
kyLL
post Aug 18 2016, 12:01 AM

-=-
1,638 posts

guys. when to invest in drybox / dry cabinet.
kyLL
post Aug 21 2016, 01:07 PM

-=-
1,638 posts

QUOTE(Rainings @ Aug 19 2016, 02:07 PM)
You need to send it to sony service centre bro. But i think it wont be cheap
when you feel like wanna use ur gear for a long run and dont feel like upgrade? biggrin.gif
it depends how serious u taking care ur gear, once ur gear got fungus there is no 2nd hand value after all.
Hmm.. what is "long run" all i have are relatively cheap emount lenses. probably the box more expensive than any of the lenses. lol.

QUOTE(domo_kun @ Aug 21 2016, 10:09 AM)
Wah. So much rain water on the camera, okay ahh?  shocking.gif
A7RII weather sealed yo.

QUOTE(sundaemanis @ Aug 21 2016, 12:33 PM)
Aww thanks for the tip.  tongue.gif

I'm regret for not buying lens while in Japan trip last month, very cheap.
how cheap is cheap? O:

kyLL
post Aug 21 2016, 04:02 PM

-=-
1,638 posts

QUOTE(domo_kun @ Aug 21 2016, 03:59 PM)
Where in Japan? I'm gonna swing by end of the year!  hmm.gif
Ooops, I didn't know it's weather sealed... Gosh. No wonder so expensive.  sweat.gif
ikr.. but gosh darn that image is sweet. so tempted to get the mc11 adapter and start using sigma glass.. but im only on an A6000... so.. hm.
kyLL
post Aug 27 2016, 09:24 PM

-=-
1,638 posts

QUOTE(ieR @ Aug 27 2016, 07:38 PM)
Hi, make sure its the USD version, sometimes people mix them up with non USD version (which also cost around 500 2nd hand)
sony has 2 300telezoom, the SAL75300 (which is terrible imho) and the SAL70300G (which is seriously a killer lens, except for during lowlight)

and yes, the tamron70300USD is a good lens and a very good investment if you need a 300mm reach.
doesnt matter not aipo to me most drybox are the same, as long it has a digital controller that can auto shut off or on... i prefer those with auto type, turn off when it reach too dry, turn back on when its wet.
the only problem with china non branded (simply randomly pick a brand and chop there with no physical existing warehouse in china), so called with 1 year warranty, they end up telling you need send back china need wait 1-2 months...if i recall, lwliam was one of the victim, and switch to aipo? let him tell his story and aipo honors their 5 years warranty with no question asked. well u pay a little more for a good service. (dont scold me fanboy yea, im just stating the obvious, i believe there are many ppl already got victimized by china drybox after sale service.... ask any aipo user, u wont get negative feedback)
so recommended aipo?
kyLL
post Aug 29 2016, 08:49 PM

-=-
1,638 posts

QUOTE(deviladrian10 @ Aug 29 2016, 09:41 AM)
Hi all, im looking to get myself a camera n im looking at Sony Alpha either 5k, 5.1k or 6k.. any recommendation? or price? im not those that would spend alot of time and $$ on cameras.. just gonna learn to take some nice pict n of course how to take good care of it.. whats the difference with and without the BionzX? i saw either one of the model in Sony shop that comes with 2 lenses for about rm3k+-..
my 2 1/2 sens. bionzx is just the name of the processor chip afaik. nothing special. in your case, either the a5100 or the a6000 would be great starting points. the a5100 has no viewfinder so shooting in daytime when its really bright MAY be an issue. but on the flipside you get a 180 flippy screen which is great for selfies / vlogging.

my honest opinion, dont buy from sony center. its always a few hundred more ex than other retailers. if your location is in KL you can drop by some local stores to find the best deal. heck u can even buy from lazada cause they have discount coupons u can use to get even lower prices.

kyLL
post Aug 31 2016, 12:09 AM

-=-
1,638 posts

ooo.. 50mm macro? so weird.
kyLL
post Aug 31 2016, 01:01 PM

-=-
1,638 posts

QUOTE(Eiraku @ Aug 31 2016, 02:25 AM)
Not really if you take a lot of product/food photos. Kinda fills the gap on FF which the much maligned SEL30M (which I actually use quite often) fills on crop.

That said, 50mm macros have long been the poor man's macro even since the film days... longer macros have always been more "popular" as they are now, hence the distinct lack of "modern" 50 macros (the Touit, made for APSC/4Thirds, not included).
Hmm. never knew that. only seen tele macro's most of the time. i've got the 30mm f3.5 macro lens which uncle chin at studio zaloon upsold to me as a portrait lens which can create bokeh.. LOL. super noob that time. =_=

QUOTE(DaddyO @ Aug 31 2016, 09:27 AM)
I'm assuming because lens glass manufacturing is expensive so would be cheaper if they keep using the same mold on different frame.
how so eh? this 50mm has an interesting extention tho.

kyLL
post Sep 6 2016, 09:00 PM

-=-
1,638 posts

QUOTE(ieR @ Sep 6 2016, 06:48 PM)
evf and touchscreen have problem co-exist... imagine your nose telling your camera where to focus...  else you would need to off your screen and manually lock to evf display.

when sony came out with EVF, what they have in mind is that, you never need to take your eye off the viewfinder to do any setting changes.... all the keys are on your finger(thumb) tip.... also why they moved all the keys used to be on the left side of the LCD(a300) to the right sides...
lol. abit random?

I've been contemplating jumping ship to FF the past 3 weeks. shooting with the a6000, iso1200 already noisy AF.. ):

went to sony centre today, tried the A7II with the GM 24-70.. walau. super heavy and imbalanced.. my hands are small but to balance it also i feel i need a slightly longer grip.. very sads. ):

seriously contemplating jumping ship to a full body dslr for work now..
kyLL
post Sep 6 2016, 10:01 PM

-=-
1,638 posts

QUOTE(kizwan @ Sep 6 2016, 09:50 PM)
You must have small face. Haha. J/K.

All I know (Sony camera) the LCD screen will automatically turn off when viewing via viewfinder, so it should be no problem.
Imbalanced? You just need to hold the lens.

[attachmentid=7474551]

If you hold 'em like this, then you're doing it wrong. lmao
[attachmentid=7474586]
ololol
kyLL
post Sep 9 2016, 03:57 PM

-=-
1,638 posts

QUOTE(NLCH880215 @ Sep 9 2016, 07:57 AM)
yes they are, i have use it for almost 1 year ord. for me, it don have any different between third party or orginal because orginal selling name.
in this case i dont think its a 3rd party / original selling name issue. its more of a clone vs original.
i think 3rd party would mean that the peak designs just sticks their label onto these straps... correct me if im wrong?
kyLL
post Sep 13 2016, 10:10 PM

-=-
1,638 posts

QUOTE(Silverfire @ Sep 13 2016, 09:44 PM)
I use the Sigma MC-11, everything is good as long as you don't try to AF while shooting video. Viltrox hit and miss, I probably got a lemon copy.
eh.. i just saw your siggy. you using a A7II? not A7RII? that pic u took in the rain.. was the A7II?
kyLL
post Sep 14 2016, 12:31 PM

-=-
1,638 posts

QUOTE(Silverfire @ Sep 14 2016, 03:13 AM)
Yeh that was a A7II not R.
Eh. It's weather resistant? How's it fair.

kyLL
post Sep 17 2016, 10:54 PM

-=-
1,638 posts

QUOTE(dixonjasa @ Sep 17 2016, 11:17 AM)
My 35mm f/1.8 should be wide and fast enough?
Yes  I guess most of the time I will be taking photos scenery. Do you have any flash model to recommend if I do have to own one? Cheers!
i guess it depends on the kind of images you want to capture.. if its indoors etc. you can probably try to bounce using the inbuilt flash. just use your finger to pull the flash back until its pointing upwards and then shoot. i personally have never travelled with a speedlight before and i've never seen the need for a speedlight during my travels. i guess its just the type of photos u wanna capture. and like DaddyO said.. just drop the shutterspeed. bump up the ISO and use a tripod/monopod or anything to stabilise the camera.

user posted image

for this shot i took using the SEL 10-18 f4. i put my camera on my bag on the floor and shot at around 1 sec? cant remember. was really low.
had a polarising filter on as well so the lights didnt blow out.

kyLL
post Sep 19 2016, 10:09 PM

-=-
1,638 posts

Woo! A99ii

http://www.cameraegg.org/sony-a99ii-officially-announced/
kyLL
post Sep 20 2016, 12:07 AM

-=-
1,638 posts

QUOTE(Loseeker @ Sep 19 2016, 11:14 PM)
I wanted to be the first to share the news here, but already got beaten by 2 of you.... cry.gif(Me slowpoke) . Anyway, I think it's good news for ieR AKA Edpaul  rclxm9.gif
haha.. i posted quite slow already. saw it on the sony alpha reddit.

sony alpha rumors getting bombarded... damn hard to get in now. lol. hope more stuff will be announced d:

anyway.. with this announcement i think its safe to say A7M3 or A9 not gonna be coming out anytime soon right...? right? safe to buy the A7M2? lol.
kyLL
post Sep 20 2016, 02:23 AM

-=-
1,638 posts

QUOTE(Loseeker @ Sep 20 2016, 12:20 AM)
If I were you, I would hold my gun first. Don't fire too soon. But having said that, A7M2 is a good camera which I won't mind getting if my budget allows it.  laugh.gif
its only 4900 on shashinki... wink wink.

http://shashinki.com/shop/sony-alpha-a7ii-...ia-p-22592.html

7 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.2301sec    0.51    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:30 PM