Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

9 Pages  1 2 3 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Photography The Sony Alpha Thread V63, From A to E Mount!

views

Loseeker
post Jul 18 2016, 06:48 PM

Apa Macam
872 posts

QUOTE(LightningChan @ Jul 18 2016, 06:38 PM)
I see. I should visit LYP to do a lil price survey first.  smile.gif

I'm looking forward to getting a A6000 with a SEL35F18 lens since I already have a SELP1650 and a SEL1855  biggrin.gif
When you go to Sony center, you should ask them for cash price. They have to display the expensive price because of Sony's requirement. You might be surprised with what they can offer you (very good discount) sometimes. However, that is not applicable to EVERY Sony center. This is what I got from the manager of Sony Center in Sibu, Sarawak.

New Version yah ? hmm.gif I rike brows.gif

user posted image

This post has been edited by Loseeker: Jul 18 2016, 06:51 PM
Loseeker
post Jul 19 2016, 10:58 AM

Apa Macam
872 posts

QUOTE(LightningChan @ Jul 18 2016, 07:18 PM)
I think typical Sony Center can la.. The official Sony Store I went to definitely cannot nego price  sweat.gif

Nways, here's some of my shots.
Not half bad for a NEX-3N huh?.  biggrin.gif
@LightningChan , the one I went is an Official Sony Store. It is listed on Sony Malaysia website. If you dont believe me, give them a call, at the number I've posted below (you can check sony website to confirm the number) ask for the manager and try nego with him the item you want. See what the manager says. Just don't mention you are from semenanjung.

The point I'm trying to make is "Never try never know".

p/s: By the way, nice shot from a NEX-3N thumbsup.gif .

***********************************************************************************************
Sony Centre
SONY CENTRE @ DELTA MALL SIBU
NO. 2&3 2ND FLOOR DELTA MALL JALAN PEDADA SIBU-96000

T:084 - 317 882
***********************************************************************************************

QUOTE(raymondtong94 @ Jul 19 2016, 10:30 AM)
you forgot the missing microphone jack on the A6000. tongue.gif
videographers need that one for external mic support.

BTW, a SOOC spam...
guidance is appreciated...

user posted image2016-07-18_05-25-03 by Raymond Tong, on Flickr
Nice Shot! rclxms.gif I'm no expert, but to my 2 cents opinion, I think a bit too much shadow on the face. Perhaps you can use a reflector to open up the shadow on the face. If that was intended (with the shadows) then forget what I said. sweat.gif

This post has been edited by Loseeker: Jul 19 2016, 11:00 AM
Loseeker
post Jul 19 2016, 06:37 PM

Apa Macam
872 posts

QUOTE(NLCH880215 @ Jul 19 2016, 01:08 PM)

with helios44-2
Bro, Can tell me how do you purchase the lens? From http://helios44-2.com ? hmm.gif
Loseeker
post Jul 31 2016, 01:48 PM

Apa Macam
872 posts

QUOTE(MR_alien @ Jul 29 2016, 04:38 PM)

if after sometime didn't use yet it start up quite fast...battery level is relatively lower

As regards the battery level reduction even when u didnt use it. There are videos on youtube explaining why. 1) turn on the airplane mode and 2) switch from Auto to viewfinder or monitor before u turn off the a6k. I am not sure which is the prime cause of the battery usage even when a6k is off, but I find that it works by following the 2 suggestion.

QUOTE(BaRT @ Jul 30 2016, 09:49 AM)
Guys, im planning to jump ship.
Currently using nikon D610.

Planning to swap with sony a7II.
But not sure to pair on which lens. Budget for new lens is 2k. Any idea?

Im just a normal traveller photographer. Usually take photo of my kids/portrait.
I think there might not be a single lens that cover the same range as what nikon is offering you at 28-300mm in Sony full frame emount system. The only lens i can think of is sony E 18-200mm which is a lens for apsc sensor.
Loseeker
post Jul 31 2016, 03:22 PM

Apa Macam
872 posts

QUOTE(PluEitaro @ Jul 29 2016, 11:16 PM)
Guys, where do most of you all buy your lenses from other than YLcamera and kldslr? I'm looking for Sony 18-105mm...anybody knows any good deals around?
I got my Sony 18105g F4 lens on lazada from the seller name Kengdim. He listed it for RM1930 and I request him to ask the 10% bankcard discount from lazada to be placed on that lens, which he did. So I paid RM 1737 for the lens. I dont think it is the cheapest price, but I am yet to find a cheaper offer.

P/s: if you want to contact him via whatsapp, u can search his phone number on his website, www.kengdim.com.

QUOTE(lwliam @ Jul 31 2016, 02:33 PM)
I stand corrected. nod.gif

@Bart , but this lens lwlian listed is double your budget. hmm.gif

This post has been edited by Loseeker: Jul 31 2016, 03:28 PM
Loseeker
post Jul 31 2016, 04:41 PM

Apa Macam
872 posts

QUOTE(BaRT @ Jul 31 2016, 03:38 PM)
Nop. Im not looking lens exactly like 28-300.
Range like kit lens shud be suffcient. But other than kit lens, any other option?
Prefer lightweight dslr.
If you dont mind the kit lens, sony fe 28 70 is within your budget( less than 2000). A friend of mine own this, he said the quality of this lens can be very good provided you have good lighting.(He usually shoot indoor with flash).
Loseeker
post Aug 17 2016, 12:53 AM

Apa Macam
872 posts

QUOTE(idoblu @ Aug 14 2016, 11:55 AM)
Anyone here bought lenses or cameras from Lazada with original Sony Malaysia Warranty?

If yes, may I know from which dealer? Thanks in advance
I bought my Sony A6000 and Selp 18105g lens from lazada, seller: kengdim. I registered both my camera and the lens with Sony Malaysia website for warranty with no problem at all. icon_rolleyes.gif

QUOTE(idoblu @ Aug 15 2016, 12:44 AM)
Have you try to it yet cause not all items are eligible for the 10% discount

That's true, but when I bought mine back in march, there was 10% bankcard discount on A6k not only one, but a few sellers (3L Trading, Dejitaru and kengdim) on lazada. And I was happy I got mine during the lazada birthday sales, which was 12% rclxms.gif . But as for now, all the 10% bank cards discount no longer on A6k....wonder why..... hmm.gif

This post has been edited by Loseeker: Aug 17 2016, 01:01 AM
Loseeker
post Aug 18 2016, 11:13 PM

Apa Macam
872 posts

QUOTE(kyenli @ Aug 17 2016, 11:17 PM)
still have 10% for kengdim wor
On lazada you mean? I've just checked again. Currently no 10% bankcard promotion on any Sony a6000 offer by every seller.

Pls provide link for the one u saw with 10% bankcard discount, thanks.
Loseeker
post Aug 24 2016, 10:13 AM

Apa Macam
872 posts

QUOTE(leonghan @ Aug 24 2016, 09:17 AM)
I'm freelances for wedding as well..thinking jump over to Nikon..haha

Never try Nikon system smile.gif
Which camera you're using again currently? confused.gif
Loseeker
post Aug 29 2016, 06:43 PM

Apa Macam
872 posts

QUOTE(deviladrian10 @ Aug 29 2016, 09:41 AM)
Hi all, im looking to get myself a camera n im looking at Sony Alpha either 5k, 5.1k or 6k.. any recommendation? or price? im not those that would spend alot of time and $$ on cameras.. just gonna learn to take some nice pict n of course how to take good care of it.. whats the difference with and without the BionzX? i saw either one of the model in Sony shop that comes with 2 lenses for about rm3k+-..
If you're not going to spend a lot, I recommend 5.1k, comes with touchscreen that can flip 180 up to do selfie. If you think you'll get serious with this camera in the future, then go for 6k. nod.gif
Loseeker
post Aug 29 2016, 11:21 PM

Apa Macam
872 posts

QUOTE(DaddyO @ Aug 29 2016, 08:45 PM)
Can't go wrong with either. Even though a6000 is better, 5100 certainly has its own strong advantage i.e. touchscreen. OMG, yes! a6000 has eye/face detect af, but can be sometime unreliable if the face got obscured. I find touchscreen camera a lot faster taking street photos or even take quick photos of models with swarming photographers who want the best spots. Instead you only need your camera angled out of the way and simply touch autofocus. Sony, give us touchscreen+evf instead of 4k already!

Because of that, I may recommend Nikon D5500 instead if you (deviladrian10) r not familiar with how to set up autofocus settings.
I couldn't agreed more. Though I've already saved up enough money last Dec to purchase a A6K, I was holding back and patiently wait for the release of A6300, because I believed price will drop (to get the best bang for my buck) for A6K once the successor arrived, which it did. However, I said to myself, if the successor (A6300) comes with touchscreen, I will go for it in a heartbeat. Well, to my disappointment (but made my choice easier and obvious) that I should just stick to A6K. Let wait and hope for Feb 2018 that the successor of A6300 will come will a touchscreen. hmm.gif
Loseeker
post Aug 29 2016, 11:31 PM

Apa Macam
872 posts

QUOTE(Eiraku @ Aug 29 2016, 11:26 PM)
Interesting question... or rather I forgot. Does shooting via the remote app give the 6k touch-to-focus (on the phone remote screen)? Last time I shot remotely (with the 5T) it had that... I could've sworn shooting via the remote + 6k gave me that option too.

Now that + monopodstick *really* gives our cameras crazy angle flexibility.
Yes. It does. I've used that feature for We-Fie twice. Since I've have PZ lens, I can even remotely control the FL. But that's mean you can't have handheld operation of the camera.
Loseeker
post Aug 30 2016, 12:24 PM

Apa Macam
872 posts

QUOTE(DaddyO @ Aug 30 2016, 09:57 AM)
hahaha. don't bet on it. Sony seems to be avoiding touchscreen like Zika virus unless they put it in lower end model. Sammy, why you not make cameras anymore????

Aside from a6000, sony has been making rather weird choices. Like instead of sticking to aspc development like Fuji, they instead wants to target professional with FF. Nothing wrong with switching gear to FF but......what's the point of competing with FF giants like Nikon and Canon when the size and price makes little difference? There's a huge market opportunity for affordable yet highly spec apsc segment. They could have become the 'Apple' of aspc camera, but alas succumb to the idea that they wants to be one of the big boys in pro camera world. Doesn't seem to be working judging by the camera models in Rio olympics. If I were them, I would make partnership with sigma or tamron to release more affordable lenses for the apsc segment rather than Zeiss $$$.
I wonder why Sony avoiding touchscreen ....and also why samsung ditched their camera department....

Yeah, I agreed with you regarding sony choices. From my limited point of view, I think Sony got carried away with their huge success of the A6K and got them thinking it is time to conquer the FF market (And not paying much attention to the apsc lenses offering). Kinda sad that I found out this after invested in their system. Else, would've gone for Fuji instead. Really like the retro design and all the manual dial control. icon_idea.gif

QUOTE(evilhomura89 @ Aug 30 2016, 10:33 AM)
Went to Harvey Norman ytd to check out their white display unit. Gotta say without proper care and casing, it does get quite dirty. No wonder white colored a6000 is almost 100 bucks cheaper.
But given the price of a6300 is almost double the price of a6000, would you still go ahead with it (assuming it came with touchscreen)?
A big possibility. Because touchscreen aside, Magnesium body, more autofocus point, 4k video, mic input jack and especially continue operation while charging (good for timelapse photography) may merit the double in price in my opinion.

@NLCH880215 -QMV, Nelson, you from Miri Sarawak?

This post has been edited by Loseeker: Aug 30 2016, 12:30 PM
Loseeker
post Aug 30 2016, 10:08 PM

Apa Macam
872 posts

QUOTE(DaddyO @ Aug 30 2016, 06:58 PM)
Love to go for Fuji as well......but the pricing including the lens is meh too expensive. I'm still willing to try sony a6000 + sigma 30mm f1.4/Mitakon 35mm f/0.95 combo though but bit worry about sony's future that may end up just like sammy. a6000 should have been a game changer but with a6300 just makes people want to go for smartphone with 4k feature instead.
Speaking of bodies, which one are you using bro? blink.gif
Loseeker
post Sep 9 2016, 10:10 PM

Apa Macam
872 posts

QUOTE(MR_alien @ Sep 8 2016, 02:40 PM)
anyone has any experience here using the 18-105 F4 G???
how was it?
I have this lens. What do u want to know about it? Build? Sharpness? Zoom handling?

This post has been edited by Loseeker: Sep 9 2016, 10:18 PM
Loseeker
post Sep 10 2016, 12:06 PM

Apa Macam
872 posts

QUOTE(MR_alien @ Sep 10 2016, 08:18 AM)
ya...all of it...like a review of it
In short:
pros: Sharp, Very very useful range. High class finish (even though made in china), make u look more pro especially with the lens hood on.
Barrel doesnt extend while zooming. Relatively light for the size.

Cons: Powerzoom (you will either love it or hate it, I am more into still and this feature is well regards for video). It is only F4 maximum aperture, so u might want to couple it with a flash for indoor use unless u dont mind high iso. And it drain your camera battery relatively quick compared to my other lens.

For longer version:
You know, i always wonder how this zoom measure up to the prime in term of sharpness which has always been pressumed to be way better(the prime lenses I meant). So happened that a friend of mine has 55mm f1.8 zeiss. So I was able to do a side by side comparison test. I zoomed to 55mm with my 18105 to match the FL of the 55mm zeiss. The aperture i set to F5.6 for both lenses. I took shots of the same scene on supports (not tripod, but something steady) with both lenses. And because it was indoor, i used flash as well, in order to get optimum lighting condition.

The results: I cant tell the different between the 2 shots UNTIL I zoomed in 100% on capture one. Still I cant tell the different in term of center sharpness. But I start to see the superiority of the prime when it come to corners and edges( which I am not so particular about). After this test, I am convinced that, for my usages, I dont need a prime, unless I absolutely need the big aperture (which I can compensate this short coming of 18105 with my nissin flash) in low light situation.

In real life situation, especially during event, you will absolutely love the versatility it gives you. I love going snipping people with the long end and when suddenly I turned around and saw a group of friends I can immediately zoom out to 20mm or so to get the group shots. Just try to imagine telling people to wait for you to change your lens if you are on your prime whistling.gif I know probably some will say, you just need to step back, but sometimes there are situation where you dont have room to step back. I knew, because i ever done a wedding shoot with only 50mm on a canon 60d. An experience I will never want to go through again. rclxub.gif

Last words, if u do lots of events, I highly recommend it. thumbup.gif

This post has been edited by Loseeker: Sep 10 2016, 12:23 PM
Loseeker
post Sep 10 2016, 05:34 PM

Apa Macam
872 posts

QUOTE(MR_alien @ Sep 10 2016, 01:13 PM)
thanks for the review
this is what im looking for...comparison to a prime lens
i was looking for a prime lens actually...specifically a 35mm 1.8
dnt say zeiss lens like in your case lah...zeiss lens cost like double of what sony is selling..IQ surely tops
i was looking at sony's 35mm...which is a prime lens which is a plus but the fixed focal length make me doubt
but thn made me stumble on this 18-105...that focal length attracts me, its a G lens somemore but not much review online
pictures that are taken and uploaded to flickr are not bad at all
thats why need more details/on hand reviews on this lens from whoever that own it before
your review kinda convince me to get this lens..price also not bad

im using it for travel photography
I am glad, my input helps. Since you mentioned you using it for travel, I think might be a bit too big for that purpose. Have u consider 16-70 f4 zeiss lens? Of course, that lens is much more expensive, but in return, you get compactness, 2mm wider and manual zoom(which dont use your battery power). Having said that, the 2 factors that drawn me to the 18105 was the 105 reach and the price. thumbsup.gif
Which ever you choose, I hope you will be happy with your purchase.. thumbup.gif

P/s: In case you are interested, I can do a comparison shots against the 55mm f1.8 zeiss again and post it here for you to see what i mean.

This post has been edited by Loseeker: Sep 10 2016, 05:38 PM
Loseeker
post Sep 11 2016, 08:53 AM

Apa Macam
872 posts

QUOTE(sitescope @ Sep 11 2016, 12:35 AM)
What's the fastest max shutter speed we can use with HSS flash ?
How about front curtain settings ? On or off...
I tried 1/500s before n get black bar
That has to depend which flash you are using. With nissin i40, I have no problem doing 1/4000.
Loseeker
post Sep 16 2016, 10:53 AM

Apa Macam
872 posts

QUOTE(Icehart @ Sep 16 2016, 10:45 AM)
Shashinki throwing superb promo for A6000

A6000 + 16-50 + 16GB Card + Extra Battery

All for RM 2,173 including GST.
If you don't mind silver color, lazada seller Dejitaru offer the same package at RM 2049. Shashinki good for reference, but never really superb promo in my opionion, at least not for the last few years.

P/s: If you're patient enough to wait for their firecracker vouchers, you can get rm 200 shave off as well.

This post has been edited by Loseeker: Sep 16 2016, 10:57 AM
Loseeker
post Sep 19 2016, 11:14 PM

Apa Macam
872 posts

QUOTE(kyLL @ Sep 19 2016, 10:09 PM)
Woo! A99ii
QUOTE(jimlim007 @ Sep 19 2016, 10:38 PM)
A-mau mari
I wanted to be the first to share the news here, but already got beaten by 2 of you.... cry.gif(Me slowpoke) . Anyway, I think it's good news for ieR AKA Edpaul rclxm9.gif

This post has been edited by Loseeker: Sep 19 2016, 11:30 PM

9 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.2350sec    0.45    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 10:13 PM