Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

database about flight

views

TSXitox
post Jul 17 2016, 09:06 AM, updated 8y ago

Getting Started
150 posts

I have a project to make a database for flight ticket. the problem is I need a list of problem that current flight company faced. I cant think of any because of course current database is good enough.. any idea?
otakotak
post Jul 17 2016, 04:11 PM

Getting Started
278 posts

so u want to reinvent a wheel but don't know what's wrong with the existing one?
TSXitox
post Jul 17 2016, 04:27 PM

Getting Started
150 posts

QUOTE(otakotak @ Jul 17 2016, 04:11 PM)
so u want to reinvent a wheel but don't know what's wrong with the existing one?
yup, current wheel already good because big company made it, but i still need to think any problem that they may faced.. this is all because of my friend choose wrong project.
malleus
post Jul 17 2016, 05:38 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,096 posts

QUOTE(Xitox @ Jul 17 2016, 04:27 PM)
yup, current wheel already good because big company made it, but i still need to think any problem that they may faced.. this is all because of my friend choose wrong project.
so you go and invent a problem instead.

like for example: the airline wants to make more money. so the ticket booking time, you need to select if can use the toilet or not. if select toilet option, additional charge. if did not check that one and want to use the toilet on the plane, then need to swipe your credit card for a higher price on the plane to gain access to the toilet.

that'll already allow you to add in extra parameters into the booking details table.
SUSGrowTentProject
post Jul 17 2016, 05:48 PM

Getting Started
84 posts

i am a ticketing and reservations officer for a full flag airline with Star Alliance (LH,TG,SQ, etc) ..

one of the main problem faced by us on a daily basis for us facing the pax will be different methods of ticket issuance by travel agents etc ...

for example, my airline is using AAA solution ... travel agent is using BBB .... and another airline is using CCC ... pax when want to make changes to the ticket, they must contact their original ticket issuing agent cause of the different terms and condition applied.

example (example only lar, i use real airline) .. airline LH issue tickets on SQ, passengers will trv on SQ ... but then there are no LH offices in Malaysia for pax to contact if got problem, so in the end, contact SQ and what does SQ know about the terms of the tickets on LH ?? in the end, MI (silk air, part of SQ) have to contact for the pax ...

honestly, its a waste of time for us ... finding out stuff for the pax when they should have find out themselves ... some more, the airline industry is cutting staff everything should be online now (my office cut 50% of senior staff, i am doing ticketing, reservation and sales job computing reports etc now) .... and if we reply, "go check online yourself", then corporate office will hang me

if we help, but not sure the TnC ... and if come out have fees etc ... then i got to pay

This post has been edited by GrowTentProject: Jul 17 2016, 05:55 PM
malleus
post Jul 17 2016, 06:16 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,096 posts

QUOTE(GrowTentProject @ Jul 17 2016, 05:48 PM)
i am a ticketing and reservations officer for a full flag airline with Star Alliance (LH,TG,SQ, etc) ..

one of the main problem faced by us on a daily basis for us facing the pax will be different methods of ticket issuance by travel agents etc ...

for example, my airline is using AAA solution ... travel agent is using BBB .... and another airline is using CCC ... pax when want to make changes to the ticket, they must contact their original ticket issuing agent cause of the different terms and condition applied.

example (example only lar, i use real airline) .. airline LH issue tickets on SQ, passengers will trv on SQ ... but then there are no LH offices in Malaysia for pax to contact if got problem, so in the end, contact SQ and what does SQ know about the terms of the tickets on LH ?? in the end, MI (silk air, part of SQ) have to contact for the pax ...

honestly, its a waste of time for us ... finding out stuff for the pax when they should have find out themselves ... some more, the airline industry is cutting staff everything should be online now (my office cut 50% of senior staff, i am doing ticketing, reservation and sales job computing reports etc now) .... and if we reply, "go check online yourself", then corporate office will hang me

if we help, but not sure the TnC ... and if come out have fees etc ... then i got to pay
hmm.. your problem does sound more like an issue with too many booking systems in use by different airlines which results in data being fragmented all over the place.

the TS sounds like he's doing this for a final year project or something like that, so your problem's likely way beyond what he's able to work on
SUSGrowTentProject
post Jul 17 2016, 06:28 PM

Getting Started
84 posts

QUOTE(malleus @ Jul 17 2016, 06:16 PM)
hmm.. your problem does sound more like an issue with too many booking systems in use by different airlines which results in data being fragmented all over the place.

the TS sounds like he's doing this for a final year project or something like that, so your problem's likely way beyond what he's able to work on
its complicated, yeah .... like TS says, he is looking for a problem, so i am giving him one now ... if he can give it a shot then might as well go ahead ... if its a school project, nothing much to lose

otakotak
post Jul 17 2016, 11:29 PM

Getting Started
278 posts

functionality wise there's nothing wrong with current ticketing system. probably need to change your perspective and start look at the system as admin instead? do airlines have statistics on how many form are half completed when customer do booking? how long customer spend time searching for deal when doing booking. how frequent is help button used? why? is there any steps in the booking system that failed and customer stop purchasing/coming back? are they annoyed? this can be use as early detection of bug/malfunction. also to predict what user want. from this statistics, airliner can approach customer proactively and help them buy ticket. make the implementation generic enough it can be easily integrated with any form/booking system. good luck ts.
iammyself
post Jul 18 2016, 10:30 AM

Getting Started
238 posts

QUOTE(GrowTentProject @ Jul 17 2016, 05:48 PM)

I find this very interesting.
This could just be a startup idea for someone.
Perhaps there's a need for certain B2B ticketing protocol / api.

Thanks for taking time to share this.
SUSGrowTentProject
post Jul 18 2016, 10:38 AM

Getting Started
84 posts

QUOTE(iammyself @ Jul 18 2016, 10:30 AM)
I find this very interesting.
This could just be a startup idea for someone.
Perhaps there's a need for certain B2B ticketing protocol / api.

Thanks for taking time to share this.
if you are from penang and have the time, i can show you our system itself ...
but have to be before 29jul (my last working day) .. after that i lost all access and privileged d
The Net Surfer
post Jul 18 2016, 10:53 AM

Casual
332 posts

Flight ticket database? Or you mean a database for flight ticket reservation?

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0132sec    0.51    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 10:46 PM