Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed
108 Pages « < 51 52 53 54 55 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Oil & Gas Careers V11, Upstream & Downstream, Market still slump ahead...

views

leon898
post Dec 6 2016, 08:50 AM

Enthusiast
733 posts

QUOTE(ZZMsia @ Dec 6 2016, 08:41 AM)
Very sad...Juniors please focus on other industries while you're outside the O/G.
mind sharing something? another layoff?
ZZMsia
post Dec 6 2016, 09:00 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,303 posts

QUOTE(leon898 @ Dec 5 2016, 08:50 PM)
mind sharing something? another layoff?
Companies closing their offices in small towns like Tganu or Srwk is actively happening.

echobrainproject
post Dec 6 2016, 09:14 AM

Look at all my stars!!
Group Icon
4,765 posts

QUOTE(beetch @ Dec 5 2016, 06:10 PM)
Within LQ then no problem. Issue is outside of LQ.

Please do note some platforms do not allow hp at all.
yes that's true but its getting more rare these days. However when i mentioned social media people can still post using their laptops and tablets.
beetch
post Dec 6 2016, 10:13 AM

Casual
413 posts

QUOTE(ZZMsia @ Dec 6 2016, 09:00 AM)
Companies closing their offices in small towns like Tganu or Srwk is actively happening.
Miri was a central hub office for ASIA pacific for shell operations. Piasau camp use to house a few hundred expat families they have international schools, boat clubs and gated community build just for these. Who ever said it was small? If you go to the boat club on friday u are the only asian in the club bro.

This post has been edited by beetch: Dec 6 2016, 10:16 AM
amidamaru
post Dec 6 2016, 10:41 AM

Getting Started
192 posts

QUOTE(beetch @ Dec 6 2016, 10:13 AM)
Miri was a central hub office for ASIA pacific for shell operations. Piasau camp use to house a few hundred expat families they have international schools, boat clubs and gated community build just for these. Who ever said it was small? If you go to the boat club on friday u are the only asian in the club bro.
What he means is small town. But miri is a big town with a few high rise building. biggrin.gif
amidamaru
post Dec 6 2016, 10:42 AM

Getting Started
192 posts

-double

This post has been edited by amidamaru: Dec 6 2016, 10:43 AM
beetch
post Dec 6 2016, 10:45 AM

Casual
413 posts

QUOTE(amidamaru @ Dec 6 2016, 10:41 AM)
What he means is small town. But miri is a big town with a few high rise building. biggrin.gif
I think there is no OnG in towns of Sarawak. They are in cities. Bintulu is dunno town or city.
y4ng
post Dec 6 2016, 11:10 AM

Kambing Lembu
632 posts

QUOTE(beetch @ Dec 6 2016, 10:45 AM)
I think there is no OnG in towns of Sarawak. They are in cities. Bintulu is dunno town or city.
Miri and Bintulu, food more expensive compared to KL bangwall.gif
TSmeonkutu11
post Dec 6 2016, 12:23 PM

Regular
1,597 posts

QUOTE(beetch @ Dec 5 2016, 06:13 PM)
Today shell townhall.

Looks like Miri confirm dead.
That part of this reduction, right? "Shell Malaysia to axe 1,300 jobs over two years" which was announced last year.
ayamxxx
post Dec 6 2016, 01:41 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,073 posts

QUOTE(ZZMsia @ Dec 6 2016, 08:36 AM)
Not much activity within the industry. Adopt wait and see approach.

Helping 2 friends out-both have been unemployed for 6 months. One Offshore CSR, one piping engineer (Lead/Senior)
Have any vacancies for mechanical piping or field Engineer?

Current company also a bit goyang. Last month PM kene letgo
ZZMsia
post Dec 6 2016, 01:42 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,303 posts

QUOTE(ayamxxx @ Dec 6 2016, 01:41 AM)

Nope none at my company.

echobrainproject
post Dec 6 2016, 01:55 PM

Look at all my stars!!
Group Icon
4,765 posts

QUOTE(ayamxxx @ Dec 6 2016, 01:41 PM)

not much oppportunities lately.
Unless you are from Sabah and Sarawak, which I heard some managers are looking for engineers because of the whole work permit thing. Found a few Sarawakians but not Sabahans.

Any Sabahans or Sarawakians here? PM me your cv.
sukhoi35mk
post Dec 6 2016, 03:03 PM

Casual
420 posts

QUOTE(azraeil @ Dec 1 2016, 02:12 PM)
Petonas menang pergi Houston la aku .... biar la menang weiii
your Christmas wish came early rclxms.gif

Petronas Carigali among winners for Mexico oil auctions

MEXICO CITY: Mexico on Monday auctioned eight out of ten deep water oil and gas blocks up for grabs in the Gulf of Mexico, and scored a joint venture for a major crude field in the most hotly-anticipated round of the country’s energy opening so far.

China’s Offshore Oil Corporation took two of the eight blocks, while Australia’s BHP Billiton outbid Britain’s BP  in a bid to partner with Mexican state oil firm Pemex in the promising Trion light oil field in the Gulf of Mexico.

France’s Total also made three winning bids, teaming up with U.S. major ExxonMobil in the Perdido Fold Belt close to the U.S.-Mexico maritime border for one and with Norway’s Statoil and BP for two blocks in the Salina Basin further south.

U.S. oil major Chevron, Pemex and Japan’s Inpex combined to win a block while Malaysia’s Petronas Carigali and private equity backed start-up Sierra Offshore Exploration also featured in two winning consortia, one fronted by U.S. independent Murphy and Britain’s Ophir.

“This underlines Mexico is very competitive in the oil and gas sector,” said Energy Minister Pedro Joaquin Coldwell.

Before the current administration ends in two years, Mexico will likely hold three more oil auctions for shallow and deep waters, as well as onshore areas, probably including tenders for so-called non-conventional fields like shale, the minister said.

Over the next decade, the fields auctioned on Monday could add some 900,000 barrels per day (bpd) to Mexican output, said Juan Carlos Zepeda, head of the national oil regulator.

All told, fields containing an estimated 8.4 billion barrels of oil equivalent (boe) were awarded.

Almost 1.2 billion of those were areas rich in most-valuable light and super light crude secured by China Offshore, a unit of the Chinese giant CNOOC, in the Perdido Fold Belt, where output on the U.S. side of the formation has been booming for years.

Joaquin Coldwell extended a “warm welcome” to the Chinese oil firm, which easily won the two blocks they sought. China Offshore’s entry into Mexico looks set to mark the biggest investment by a Chinese company in the country.

The Mexican unit of BHP Billiton secured the rights to tie-up with Pemex in Trion, less than 50 miles (80 km) from the U.S.-Mexico maritime border.

BHP outbid BP by some US$18mil with a US$624mil offer to complement its 4% additional royalty bid.

Pemex estimates Trion will require an US$11bil investment to successfully develop. The competition marks the first time the ailing Mexican oil giant will join forces with a private company to drill since losing its monopoly in 2013.

Pemex chief executive Jose Antonio Gonzalez Anaya said the Trion field would produce 120,000 barrels per day (bpd) by 2025, though the company has often missed output targets in the past.

The government had said it would be content if four of the 10 blocks went, so the auction was welcome news for Latin America’s No. 2 economy, which has been roiled by fears of economic turmoil by Donald Trump’s election as U.S. president.

The peso currency has slumped amid fears Trump will make good on threats to tear up a joint trade deal with Mexico or impose hefty tariffs on Mexican-made goods. It strengthened slightly during the auctions on Monday.

Trion is nearly 500 square miles (1,285 sq km) in size and is sandwiched between other blocks in border-straddling Perdido.

New investments in the project are expected to begin next year, almost entirely from BHP’s commitment to spend US$1.12bil, while commercial production is not seen coming online until 2022 at the earliest. - Reuters

This post has been edited by sukhoi35mk: Dec 6 2016, 03:04 PM
mat2020
post Dec 6 2016, 03:49 PM

Getting Started
68 posts

November 27, 2016 17:36 MY

Konsortium Asia Petrohub to undertake US$20 bln development project in Yan

KUALA LUMPUR: Konsortium Asia Petrohub will undertake a land reclamation and refinery facility construction project in Yan, Kedah worth over US$20 billion.

The consortium was formed by IMC London, a group of bankers and funders based in Britain, and several international engineering, procurement, construction and commissioning (EPCC) companies from Saudi Arabia, Europe, China, Japan, Korea and the United States.

The project's first phase, to kick off in the next six to nine months, would see the region's largest reclamation work covering 7,500 acres (3,035 ha.) of land.

The land would then house a new hydrocarbon refinery facility to be known as the Sultan Abdul Halim Refinery Complex.

Konsortium Asia Petrohub Chief Executive Officer Raja Chik Jaafar Raja Mokhtar said the plant, likely to commence within three years, would have the capacity to refine 400,000 tonnes of crude oil per day into more useful products such as petrol, diesel fuel, kerosene and others.

"We will import crude oil from other countries such as the Middle East, Africa and Venezuela and the end-products will be exported to countries like China, Japan, Korea and Taiwan," he said.

He was speaking to reporters after the signing of memoranda of understanding (MoU) among the consortium, IMC London and the international EPCC companies here today.

Concurrent with the first phase, the consortium would also develop multiple new townships within the hub as well as implement transnational pipelines and the fastest cargo rail route, Raja Chik Jaafar said.

He said the entire project would see the development of another four refinery plants in future, to be located in Kedah, Kelantan and Thailand.

With all five plants operating, the consortium plans to refine two million tonnes of crude oil per day, bringing in a total development value of US$180 billion for the state. -- Bernama

user posted image
Concurrent with the first phase, the consortium would also develop multiple new townships within the hub as well as implement transnational pipelines and the fastest cargo rail route.

source

US$20bln project? hmm.gif hmm.gif hmm.gif
sukhoi35mk
post Dec 6 2016, 04:05 PM

Casual
420 posts

Konsortium Asia Petrohub Chief Executive Officer Raja Chik Jaafar Raja Mokhtar said the plant, likely to commence within three years, would have the capacity to refine 400,000 tonnes of crude oil per day into more useful products such as petrol, diesel fuel, kerosene and others.

that's almost entire petronas refining capability (440,000 bpd) per day from 3 refineries..... shocking.gif

I bet that complex will be like Bukom petrochemical plant...Shell's largest refinery..

this Konsortium not only has pocket deeper than Petronas but capability as well.... thumbup.gif

This post has been edited by sukhoi35mk: Dec 6 2016, 04:06 PM
Rorschach85
post Dec 6 2016, 06:48 PM

Getting Started
65 posts

QUOTE(echobrainproject @ Dec 6 2016, 02:55 PM)
not much oppportunities lately.
Unless you are from Sabah and Sarawak, which I heard some managers are looking for engineers because of the whole work permit thing. Found a few Sarawakians but not Sabahans.

Any Sabahans or Sarawakians here? PM me your cv.
Hi PM your email.

thanks..
MrAkay
post Dec 6 2016, 08:32 PM

Casual
440 posts

QUOTE(y4ng @ Dec 5 2016, 10:50 PM)
no need stay back late la, unless u want to die for the company. fraud case? as long as they pay u gaji most company oso got cases one, so chill and enjoy work there. u in for finance?
ahh i like to hear that. Cos the people i know in OnG all stay back late.. my job now go home on time everyday haha
I'm more towards compliance/monitoring. Monitor transactions all, so kene with the epetrol dept la..
My interview friday only haha, not yet masuk pun lol
y4ng
post Dec 6 2016, 08:51 PM

Kambing Lembu
632 posts

QUOTE(MrAkay @ Dec 6 2016, 08:32 PM)
ahh i like to hear that. Cos the people i know in OnG all stay back late.. my job now go home on time everyday haha
I'm more towards compliance/monitoring. Monitor transactions all, so kene with the epetrol dept la..
My interview friday only haha, not yet masuk pun lol
office roles usually go back on time, enjoy paying parking in kidzania rolleyes.gif nowadays they saman outside the road, last time i park beside the roads nia.
EddyHyip
post Dec 7 2016, 06:52 AM

Casual
359 posts

QUOTE(beetch @ Dec 6 2016, 10:13 AM)
what is shell way forward for miri office in 2017-2020?
got any update or progress which leads to 2020 outcome?
beetch
post Dec 7 2016, 08:09 AM

Casual
413 posts

QUOTE(meonkutu11 @ Dec 6 2016, 12:23 PM)
That part of this reduction, right? "Shell Malaysia to axe 1,300 jobs over two years" which was announced last year.
They have already axed 98% of SITI/IT department.only a few left. Less than 20 people for whole Malaysia.

Surprised nobody in this thread knows about it.

108 Pages « < 51 52 53 54 55 > » Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0372sec    0.21    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 05:38 AM