Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> dinner thread,cold ramen,off the menu!

views

xboxrockers
post Jul 24 2016, 03:49 PM

On my way
661 posts

QUOTE(Kanan Jarrus @ Jul 24 2016, 03:12 PM)
ayam apa habuk pun tarak....just recently only discovered my interest in CS ...
nice, as for python I'm guaranteed you use the python IDE compared to text editor (notepad++) & terminal(powershell) rite?? hmm.gif
I never used python IDE , because always ssh my pi and work on terminal
TSOM
post Jul 24 2016, 03:52 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,145 posts

I know Python IDE .....

can I get internship there??
Kanan Jarrus
post Jul 24 2016, 04:55 PM

Casual
399 posts

QUOTE(xboxrockers @ Jul 24 2016, 03:49 PM)
I never used python IDE , because always ssh my pi and work on terminal
wow, a rare indeed you are since most of my university senior recommend me 2 run python via IDE..., but i like to use terminal + text editor instead.....

btw how far you've covered up in python in terms of progress?? i assume you already know how to list & dictionary since you've study for 8 months liao, am I rite?? hmm.gif

also, do you find loop discombobulated?? sorry for bothering you again but i seem 2 be having fun conversing with someone who self study programming like you biggrin.gif
neuroneuster
post Jul 24 2016, 05:20 PM

Casual
423 posts

QUOTE(quadcube @ Jul 24 2016, 03:05 PM)
he self study icon_idea.gif he as a secondary school student participated in robot competition,ayam university only get to join competition sad.gif
not only internship,Pokemon Go too wub.gif  wub.gif  wub.gif
And japanese too ;_____(
I plan to work there 2018.
xboxrockers
post Jul 24 2016, 05:32 PM

On my way
661 posts

QUOTE(Kanan Jarrus @ Jul 24 2016, 04:55 PM)
wow, a rare indeed you are since most of my university senior recommend me 2 run python via IDE..., but i like to use terminal + text editor instead.....

btw how far you've covered up in python in terms of progress?? i assume you already know how to list & dictionary since you've study for 8 months liao, am I rite?? hmm.gif

also, do you find loop discombobulated?? sorry for bothering you again but i seem 2 be having fun conversing with someone who self study programming like you biggrin.gif
I got to understand this little , 6 months back , Only few months back I really look down to all this , For me times Everything

Yes I know but I Learned python last time simply

Loop , it's quite straight forward as the suggested

I used c alot of time , because work with sensors , actuator. . So c is enough for now

Maybe in further I will python deeply as I see networking stuff are easy with python

This post has been edited by xboxrockers: Jul 24 2016, 05:38 PM
Kanan Jarrus
post Jul 24 2016, 07:42 PM

Casual
399 posts

QUOTE(neuroneuster @ Jul 24 2016, 05:20 PM)
And japanese too ;_____(
if you have taken JLPT test then it would be a bonus for you, since most expatriates at Japan only work as English teacher..

but when it comes 2 law, hmm... hmm.gif it's gonna be a tough battle, but do try

QUOTE(xboxrockers @ Jul 24 2016, 05:32 PM)
I got to understand this  little , 6 months back , Only few months back I really look down to all this , For me times Everything

Yes I know but I Learned python last time simply

Loop , it's quite straight forward as the suggested

I used c alot of time , because work with sensors , actuator. . So c is enough for now

Maybe in further I will python deeply as I see networking stuff are easy with python
oh, so from there only you will explore other like C++ like?? btw which part of python that is intriguing 2 you?? mine would be the aspect of making decisions which involves heavily the usage of if, else if(elif), if-statement within if-statement...with these i can create a simple game & it's very fun! nod.gif
SUSadvocado
post Jul 24 2016, 07:58 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,948 posts

i've never heard people eat cold ramen with meat inside the cold ramen...

the ramen soup suppose to be separate bowl and you dip the cold noodles into the bowl before eating, rest of the cooked dish suppose to be HOT.
neuroneuster
post Jul 24 2016, 08:10 PM

Casual
423 posts

QUOTE(Kanan Jarrus @ Jul 24 2016, 07:42 PM)
if you have taken JLPT test then it would be a bonus for you, since most expatriates at Japan only work as English teacher..

but when it comes 2 law, hmm... hmm.gif it's gonna be a tough battle, but do try
oh, so from there only you will explore other like C++ like?? btw which part of python that is intriguing 2 you?? mine would be the aspect of making decisions which involves heavily the usage of if, else if(elif), if-statement within if-statement...with these i can create a simple game & it's very fun! nod.gif
Actually it is possible, either I choose my major or work in education field (I also love it), but there two things to consider, the japanese proficiency (I have checked some educational work needs at least N2) and if the employers can provide us work visa.

Kanan Jarrus
post Jul 24 2016, 08:19 PM

Casual
399 posts

QUOTE(neuroneuster @ Jul 24 2016, 08:10 PM)
Actually it is possible, either I choose my major or work in education field (I also love it), but there two things to consider, the japanese proficiency (I have checked some educational work needs at least N2) and if the employers can provide us work visa.
if you hav a very in demand skills + N1 JLPT , then they will welcome you with open arms ....

employer...but when it comes 2 legal documentation like providing extended visa, it might be case-by-case basis.....some employers are very strict, some will even lend you a hand & recommend you 2 get a lawyer(seriously though, when it comes to legal documentation revolving a permanent visa for foreigners, getting a lawyer sometimes will make your job easier)....1 of the most straightforward way to guarantee a chance to permanently stay there is via spouse visa as a guarantor instead of employer, but that's too far fetched for some people too.....
TSquadcube
post Jul 24 2016, 08:24 PM

Regular
1,771 posts

QUOTE(xboxrockers @ Jul 24 2016, 03:10 PM)
Only 1 competition I joined and now I don't wanna join any comp already , Just want to play at home alone .
don't give up so fast laugh.gif sometimes competition makes u work harder,because you would have a goal icon_idea.gif

QUOTE(TSOM @ Jul 24 2016, 03:52 PM)
I know Python IDE .....

can I get internship there??
idk seriously... laugh.gif i can put my pokemon go level in my CV/resume already,probably higher chance

QUOTE(neuroneuster @ Jul 24 2016, 05:20 PM)
And japanese too ;_____(
btw,if u don't mind me asking..i'm a little curious how are you planing to cope with the food in Japan?

i went out with another fellow intern yesterday,oh god...MCD also dare not eat,walked around for a few hours to find food until we agreed in eating Subway sweat.gif
that's the most exp subway/fast food i ever ate in my life cry.gif
we are ok with everything,politics,race problem,all kinds of stuff but i was a little surprised on the food part...probably i'm too inconsiderate hmm.gif

QUOTE(advocado @ Jul 24 2016, 07:58 PM)
i've never heard people eat cold ramen with meat inside the cold ramen...

the ramen soup suppose to be separate bowl and you dip the cold noodles into the bowl before eating, rest of the cooked dish suppose to be HOT.
i ate cold ramen again today,yes,they serve the meat and eggs together all cold,very gooding yo!
neuroneuster
post Jul 24 2016, 11:13 PM

Casual
423 posts

QUOTE(Kanan Jarrus @ Jul 24 2016, 08:19 PM)
if you hav a very in demand skills + N1 JLPT , then they will welcome you with open arms ....

employer...but when it comes 2 legal documentation like providing extended visa, it might be case-by-case basis.....some employers are very strict, some will even lend you a hand & recommend you 2 get a lawyer(seriously though, when it comes to legal documentation revolving a permanent visa for foreigners, getting a lawyer sometimes will make your job easier)....1 of the most straightforward way to guarantee a chance to permanently stay there is via spouse visa as a guarantor instead of employer, but that's too far fetched for some people too.....
Mine is not demanded skill, but english education should be another option for me, if legal field is not in need there. Language is undoubtedly important.

Unless I am already married to Japanese, which will be not reasonable considering working there is more important before settling myself, I hope extension of visa will not be a major issue for me in the future. That will be hard to analyze now, but thanks for the reminder.

QUOTE(quadcube @ Jul 24 2016, 08:24 PM)
don't give up so fast laugh.gif sometimes competition makes u work harder,because you would have a goal icon_idea.gif
idk seriously... laugh.gif i can put my pokemon go level in my CV/resume already,probably higher chance
btw,if u don't mind me asking..i'm a little curious how are you planing to cope with the food in Japan?

i went out with another fellow intern yesterday,oh god...MCD also dare not eat,walked around for a few hours to find food until we agreed in eating Subway sweat.gif
we are ok with everything,politics,race problem,all kinds of stuff but i was a little surprised on the food part...probably i'm too inconsiderate  hmm.gif
i ate cold ramen again today,yes,they serve the meat and eggs together all cold,very gooding yo!
I can eat everything so far - nothing bothers me when it comes to Japanese foods. I have been there and didn't find foods a problem.
TSOM
post Jul 24 2016, 11:28 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,145 posts

QUOTE(quadcube @ Jul 24 2016, 08:24 PM)

we are ok with everything,politics,race problem,all kinds of stuff but i was a little surprised on the food part...probably i'm too inconsiderate  hmm.gif
what do you mean?? You mean the price or halal food??

QUOTE(neuroneuster @ Jul 24 2016, 11:13 PM)
Mine is not demanded skill, but english education should be another option for me, if legal field is not in need there. Language is undoubtedly important.

Unless I am already married to Japanese, which will be not reasonable considering working there is more important before settling myself, I hope extension of visa will not be a major issue for me in the future. That will be hard to analyze now, but thanks for the reminder.
I'm sure there will be more jobs available when Olympics 2020 comes.....

for now, just polish the language skills and hop on when the opportunity comes. smile.gif
neuroneuster
post Jul 24 2016, 11:54 PM

Casual
423 posts

QUOTE(TSOM @ Jul 24 2016, 11:28 PM)
I'm sure there will be more jobs available when Olympics 2020 comes.....

for now, just polish the language skills and hop on when the opportunity comes. smile.gif
You mentioned this before. Thank you very much, but that will be another four years.

Will polish it till it glisters. Thanks, dear.
TSquadcube
post Jul 25 2016, 01:21 AM

Regular
1,771 posts

QUOTE(neuroneuster @ Jul 24 2016, 11:13 PM)
I can eat everything so far - nothing bothers me when it comes to Japanese foods. I have been there and didn't find foods a problem.
Really? You don't mind eating pork too? laugh.gif
Every single ramen shop,curry rice also full with pork,I was drooling over the menus from google map,but he couldn't eat any of them (halal)

QUOTE(TSOM @ Jul 24 2016, 11:28 PM)
Halal food...price for subway also damn gay sad.gif
And I noticed it's very hard to find halal food in the towns in Ishikawa,not sure about the other prefecture..I saw the Japan travel thread first page halal food also quite a little
neuroneuster
post Jul 25 2016, 02:37 AM

Casual
423 posts

QUOTE(quadcube @ Jul 25 2016, 01:21 AM)
Really? You don't mind eating pork too? laugh.gif
Every single ramen shop,curry rice also full with pork,I was drooling over the menus from google map,but he couldn't eat any of them (halal)
Halal food...price for subway also damn gay sad.gif
And I noticed it's very hard to find halal food in the towns in Ishikawa,not sure about the other prefecture..I saw the Japan travel thread first page halal food also quite a little
Ya, everything, except fugu or exotic foods. I had ramen there too because it is usually cheap. I don't think so curry rice is all served with pork, chikin as well too, no?

I think mainly the cities with tourist spots would have halal foods (Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka, Kobe), otherwise - either you don't choose or you cook on your own. Is it possible for you guys to cook at dormitory?

If you are concerned about halal food, I suggest you find nearest mosque there and seek suggestion from the Muslims there.

TSquadcube
post Jul 25 2016, 08:51 AM

Regular
1,771 posts

QUOTE(neuroneuster @ Jul 25 2016, 02:37 AM)
Ya, everything, except fugu or exotic foods. I had ramen there too because it is usually cheap. I don't think so curry rice is all served with pork, chikin as well too, no?

I think mainly the cities with tourist spots would have halal foods (Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka, Kobe), otherwise - either you don't choose or you cook on your own. Is it possible for you guys to cook at dormitory?

If you are concerned about halal food, I suggest you find nearest mosque there and seek suggestion from the Muslims there.
Haha laugh.gif I'm Chinese
Most of the ones I ate are pork including my uni cafeteria. We are allowed to cook in our room,there's gas supply

Why not fugu? Wanted to eat it so badly,but my parents would kill me if I ever tried it tongue.gif
xboxrockers
post Jul 25 2016, 08:08 PM

On my way
661 posts

QUOTE(Kanan Jarrus @ Jul 24 2016, 07:42 PM)

Hah , hmm for me now I don't have much fun now , I just program to get something work , Haven't find fun yet but at least solves my curiosities mega_shok.gif , Maybe later I dive into fun Haha . Btw my code always contain function , if-else , loop , switch cases , That's all for now

After this, planning to learn c++ and quite curious to know what is OOP tongue.gif and thinking of using C++ as I see uni syllabus work on it

This post has been edited by xboxrockers: Jul 25 2016, 08:12 PM

4 Pages « < 2 3 4
Bump Topic Add ReplyOptions New Topic

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0153sec    0.35    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:57 PM