Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

PHP Organization Chart, PHP, any idea how to make dynamic chart?

views

kiizai
post Jan 2 2009, 04:43 PM

Getting Started
140 posts

last time i use
few for loop (not suggest if with lots data it will be very slow)
CODE

for(condition){
   if (condition){
           for(condition){
                    if(condition){}
          }
   }
}

but i try use jquery before to append
the information to the particular part;
problem is all information get from sql will be show in source code

anyway u can look for genealogy report for more infor

This post has been edited by kiizai: Jan 2 2009, 05:10 PM
pkphilip
post Mar 21 2017, 05:47 PM

2 posts

QUOTE(pkphilip @ Jan 2 2009, 12:53 PM)
I have gone ahead and created a new javascript component for displaying organization charts of arbitrary depths. If you are interested, please do email me at prem 'at' songbirdtech.com.
For those interested, a version of the orgchart is here:
https://github.com/pkphilip/orgchart
Moshpit94
post Mar 22 2017, 12:35 AM

Casual
341 posts

1. There is a lot of documentation/skeleton/tutorial in the internet, try have a little research deeper.

2. I already done this on my previous freelance work which is 3 years ago lol, so don't bother to ask me in details cause I already forgot but I do remember few stuff how I did. It is an extension from this corporate .aspx page, they want dynamic org. chart like you. So most of the time I play around with Javascript and codebehind (vb.net/C#) of the .aspx page. Here is the tricky part but u don't need long lines of codes. You need to create few objects (yes I apply OOP to make it dynamic), 1 front-end template for UI then fill up the object items in the template and bind the data to the UI. For the links, you are required to design you database FK,PK precisely and query is the main role so the link will be applied based on this in javascript and codebehind. The only thing I took a very long time is to adjust the UI-Component lol but I managed to apply max (I guess so with Javascript)...

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0117sec    0.43    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:02 PM