Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Feeling Cheated by Digi, Prepaid mobile internet

views

TSzephyrus9999
post Jul 2 2016, 08:44 PM, updated 8y ago

On my way
649 posts

Writing below is based on my personal experience on the prepaid product only.

Background
Since I work overseas, I only use prepaid in msia. I totally no idea of which line is the best for mobile data and since digi all along my personal line, I sticked to it and use it.
I normally get the Internet package using MMI code (*100#)

Have patience to read. Its TLDR already

What pissed me off

May
I subscribed to "Monthly RM30 - 2.25gb" (BTW When DIGI says 2.25gb, they can go fuk their own mom- its not 2.25, its like 50% during the entire day and 50% during 1am-7am. Anyway this is not the problem as I understand it before sub)

June
Before the end of 30 days, I tried to un-sub it on the 29th day via the MMI code. It passed through but Digi didnt send me a confirmation sms. I was like assuming its already unsub. Then the next day, I received a sms saying im re-sub to the RM30 monthly. I was like shit, should have double check. I was still alright maybe my bad. End up i didnt use a single MB from the so called 2.25gb coz gone oversea.

July
Just ngam ngam come back. Since I knew i was subbed to the RM30 monthly that still got 10 days left, so i opened my phone and surf the internet. I was wondering why its in EDGE but not 4G. After frustratingly surfing for 5 minutes, I received a sms from Digi saying i have used RM8 of prepaid internet for that day and could enjoy free internet for the rest of that day. I was like FUKING HOLY SHIT. I checked my prepaid balance and yes they robbed me RM8. Then i checked whether I am still on the monthly RM30 thing and yes I am still subbed with unused quota sommore. I knew it was a bug for sure.

For the rest of the entire day i try to surf the fking internet with that RM8 daily internet but its so SLOW and not working most of time. Got so pissed and desperate for mobile internet, I deactivated the monthly RM30 package, then sub to another of their product "Ramadhan Internet". Surprisingly it worked. And somehow the quota runs on this package then. The RM8 deal is gone like that....

Basically, I lost the RM30 package for nothing, also the RM8. Its not a big amount of money to me. But the inconvenience happened a few times, few other issues... small things that adds up.

Others

- I can tell you guys its so freaking lazy and non-user friendly the MMI code menu. There are too many sub menus and sub-sub menus and sub-sub-sub menus and sub-sub-sub-sub menus related to mobile internet. Dont have 1 single fuking page that displays all the selections that i can easily see. Example, there are "Super deals" "More internet" "Internet package" "Internet pass" "Internet promo" blablabla. Ive used long enough to know that, example you need to subscribe to "Internet package" to be able to addon with "Internet top up". If a noobie subscribe "Internet top up" first, it wont work and they wont warn you, and wont tell you why. Pretty sure it happens to others too.

- There is no clear selection to check usage quota from the MMI menu. Out from thousand of selections, have to navigate to "More internet package" and the "check quota" is hiding in the "Internet top up" sub category. My noobie friends was like wtf kind of interface is this. (Btw i know theres an online interface from digi. Thing is, no time for that)

- Digi sends out notification of over quota usage at times. I remember they sent me the notification that i used 90% of the quota when I have already surpassed it. For nothing I kena. Sometimes they good mood send in time. But lesson learn is to check urself instead.

- The MMI menu is so complicated enough, Digi have to spice up my life by making the connection so poor that theres always an average 30% of connection error everytime. After DC, need to re-enter the *100# blablabla again which is pain in my butt. DC tends to happen more on the selection when you want to un-sub their products. When want to sub that time, always sui sui no error 1.

Conclusion

Only conclusion that i can draw is that, I am not quite a smart person, whom still can stay relying on this form of internet for so long. lol. Almost 2 years since I use the internet off and go, off and go. All the small small idiotic $$$ lost I also forget how much ald.

Customer service? Forget it, experienced long enough to know what kind of CS will help and what kind of CS that wont help. And if CS that will help, kindly produce 1000 pages of documents. If I am Najib's son, oh Sir let me serve you right away! blow d!ck la.

Anyway guys, can suggest which telco the best to have prepaid internet? I just wanna remain my number.

The simpler the design and conveyance of information to customers, the better it is. I dont want a seller trying to show me a brochure of ketupat, explaining a bagua, carrying a banana, and handover a pot of bakuteh to me.

YoungMan
post Jul 2 2016, 08:59 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,391 posts

Hi, the code for internet package is *116#, not *100#.
To purchase topup, the code should be *200#, and not any other number. Sometimes, if you know what you do, you can exercise your rights as a customer. I have complain a few time due to some small errors, even up to mCMC, and I get refunded of the balance they deduct.

So TS, make sure you get your code right, what to press to subscribe what. It's pretty straight forward if you do not get the wrong USSD menu.

This post has been edited by YoungMan: Jul 2 2016, 09:00 PM
alien3d
post Jul 2 2016, 09:10 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,740 posts

QUOTE(zephyrus9999 @ Jul 2 2016, 08:44 PM)
use android apps
kit2
post Jul 2 2016, 09:36 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,128 posts

why do you subscribe to monthly data bundle when you are working overseas?

if you want to keep your number and has no need for data, then port to xox.

if you need data at the same time, buy a 2nd prepaid everytime you come home. at the moment, hotlink gives you the best deal and they have stores at klia.

This post has been edited by kit2: Jul 2 2016, 09:40 PM
TSzephyrus9999
post Jul 2 2016, 09:58 PM

On my way
649 posts

QUOTE(YoungMan @ Jul 2 2016, 08:59 PM)
Hi, the code for internet package is *116#, not *100#.
To purchase topup, the code should be *200#, and not any other number. Sometimes, if you know what you do, you can exercise your rights as a customer. I have complain a few time due to some small errors, even up to mCMC, and I get refunded of the balance they deduct.

So TS, make sure you get your code right, what to press to subscribe what. It's pretty straight forward if you do not get the wrong USSD menu.
Correct, *116# is the shortcut to internet stuffs.
*100# is the main master menu, at times "Super deals" is found from the menu of *100# but not *116#. Thats what you missed out.

"So TS, make sure you get your code right, what to press to subscribe what. It's pretty straight forward if you do not get the wrong USSD menu."

What do you mean by this? Think Ive used enough to memorize all the products they are offering, and pretty clear what i sub to. The post was about their system 'glitch' that takes advantage.

Supposedly I am to exercise my rights, but most of times the blunder were just few ringgits that I care not about my effort to go through the extreme hassles for claims.

QUOTE(kit2 @ Jul 2 2016, 09:36 PM)
why do you subscribe to monthly data bundle when you are working overseas?

if you want to keep your number and has no need for data, then port to xox.

if you need data at the same time, buy a 2nd prepaid everytime you come home. at the moment, hotlink gives you the best deal and they have stores at klia.
not everytime i sub. Only when i come back impromptu and need internet. My holidays can go as short as few days to 1month+ sometimes.
that means i need 2 sim cards? Anyway too much hassle. Due to work I can be at Sarawak/sabah and take vessels to port but not plane sometimes blablabla.

Maybe ill take this time compare the offerings from maxis / celcom... But i guess they're just similar
kit2
post Jul 2 2016, 10:05 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,128 posts

many of them have data bundle for as low as rm3 per day. activate it whenever you need data for a short period.

did you know you subscribed to a recurring monthly data bundle? you need to do more research yourself on the product offerings.

This post has been edited by kit2: Jul 2 2016, 10:09 PM
TSzephyrus9999
post Jul 2 2016, 10:14 PM

On my way
649 posts

QUOTE(kit2 @ Jul 2 2016, 10:05 PM)
many of them have data bundle for as low as rm3 per day. activate it whenever you need data for a short period.

did you know you subscribed to a recurring monthly data bundle? you need to do more research yourself on the product offerings.
The recurring are called "Internet package"
The one time are called "Internet pass"
Top ups for "Internet package" is called "Internet Topup".
Plus other nonsenses.

FFS please read the thread entirely, and understand the contents Im trying to convey. Ive used for almost 2 years and i doubt your opinion helps.
WongPhan
post Jul 2 2016, 10:35 PM

Getting Started
269 posts

Totally feeling you man.. Back in the day DiGi used to offer me via sms that I was eligible for some cheap internet passes along the lines of RM3.00 per day. Who wouldn't succumb to that? But what DiGi never told me was that if I forgot to unsub before the 24 hours period that they were gonna steal my remaining credits. Many a times due to my own negligence and stupidity I could finish about RM8.00 - RM10.00 in one go. Hope DiGi is happy.
kit2
post Jul 2 2016, 11:44 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,128 posts

QUOTE(zephyrus9999 @ Jul 2 2016, 10:14 PM)
The recurring are called "Internet package"
The one time are called "Internet pass"
Top ups for "Internet package" is called "Internet Topup".
Plus other nonsenses.
FFS please read the thread entirely, and understand the contents Im trying to convey. Ive used for almost 2 years and i doubt your opinion helps.
thanks for telling me the terminology used by digi.

i spend most of my time abroad and i come home regularly too. i purchase data plan only when i reach home and never subscribe to those recurring long term plans. too risky, and not worth the price for my usage pattern. even if you must, turn off auto renewal the moment after you subscribe.

anyway, good luck! smile.gif

update: it seems auto renewal cannot be turned off on digi..ouch! time to move? smile.gif

This post has been edited by kit2: Jul 3 2016, 12:11 AM
pcbase
post Jul 3 2016, 12:11 AM

Regular
1,411 posts

just keep your credit balance below "Internet package" amount then recurring auto renew will fail. "Internet package" plan will be suspend not terminate.
WongPhan
post Jul 3 2016, 03:54 PM

Getting Started
269 posts

Since the bogus Ramadhan package fiasco, I think I do have to port at least one of my three DiGi numbers elsewhere. Or probably terminate my broadband modem.

Just to teach them a lesson.

I've lost the utmost respect I had over DiGi. Farewell. Au revoir. Auf wiedersehen.. bye.gif
TSzephyrus9999
post Jul 3 2016, 07:18 PM

On my way
649 posts

QUOTE(pcbase @ Jul 3 2016, 12:11 AM)
just keep your credit balance below "Internet package" amount then recurring auto renew will fail. "Internet package" plan will be suspend not terminate.
Sometimes i only need a day of internet, RM3 for 150mb daily. always had to keep track and un-sub before the end of the day. But due to this i always had to keep my balance below RM20.

If i recalled correctly, last time the '1 day' calculation was calculated from the moment you sub +24 hours from that time.
Say you sub for this 3 day package at 10pm, it was supposed to end at the 10pm the third day (Total 24 x 3 = 72 hours).

One fine day i did actually sub for a 3 day package at night time, and i thought the timespan of the internet is 72 hours. However, the package abrubtly ended at the 2400hrs on the second day. Which means they considered 10pm-12am to be 1 day. And then it re-sub automatically again, sucking free credits. Thing is, there is no warning/notification whatsoever, and the only place to find them is at the T&C i suppose. Legally, they are right in standing.

QUOTE(WongPhan @ Jul 3 2016, 03:54 PM)
Since the bogus Ramadhan package fiasco, I think I do have to port at least one of my three DiGi numbers elsewhere.  Or probably terminate my broadband modem.

I've lost the utmost respect I had over DiGi.  Farewell.  Au revoir.  Auf wiedersehen..  bye.gif
Whats up with their ramadhan package? lol
I just got it rm9 for 7 days. It written 1.2gb, in actual 600mb for day time, 600mb for 1am-7am.

before i sub to anything, i always pro-rate calculate [ RM / (MB x day) ]. honestly its nothing special than the other

alexleow81
post Jul 4 2016, 07:49 AM

Liverpool FC
2,747 posts

QUOTE(WongPhan @ Jul 3 2016, 03:54 PM)
Since the bogus Ramadhan package fiasco, I think I do have to port at least one of my three DiGi numbers elsewhere.  Or probably terminate my broadband modem.

I've lost the utmost respect I had over DiGi.  Farewell.  Au revoir.  Auf wiedersehen..  bye.gif
Always read the T&C before subscribe! icon_rolleyes.gif

pcbase
post Jul 4 2016, 08:47 AM

Regular
1,411 posts

pity those burung hantu port out to digi looking for unlimited 1-7am laugh.gif
archangel1989
post Jul 4 2016, 08:56 AM

Getting Started
160 posts

QUOTE(pcbase @ Jul 4 2016, 08:47 AM)
pity those burung hantu port out to digi looking for unlimited 1-7am laugh.gif
the unlimited DiGi is quite bad?or just marketing gimmick?
WongPhan
post Jul 4 2016, 06:22 PM

Getting Started
269 posts

Probably just a means to their own destruction..

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0157sec    0.22    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 06:15 PM