Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Plan to buy a NEW/USED car?(V3),, ASK HERE for recommendations

views

Jonsnow68
post Sep 16 2018, 10:40 PM

Getting Started
104 posts

QUOTE(AlOnE89 @ Sep 16 2018, 09:40 PM)
Hi guys, I'm in deep dilemma in choosing my first car and your kind advice is highly appreciated.

I've done a lot of research on cars in the past few months and have narrowed down a few options. But still, believe that you guys have greater insights so I would like to explore more alternatives as well.

Criteria:
1. Brand : Any brand
2. Budget : Below 80k
3. New/Used/Unreg : Preferred new, but used car with low maintenance and above year 2014/2015 is acceptable.
4. Specs : Airbags, ABS, etc (more safety features is preferred)
5. Transmission : Any
6. NA or FI :  Any
7. Type : Sedan/ hatchback (prefer nimble size car, not larger than C segment)

8. Remarks
1. Cabin quality must be great in terms of comfort/ elegance, leather wrapped/ soft-touched is preferred.
2. NVH must be great & driving dynamic is a major concern.
3. Fuel consumption is not that important but it'll be a plus point to have
4. For New Car, I have Proton Iriz/ Persona, Kia Rio, New Myvi, Mazda 2 in mind.

Thank you in advance for your kind replies!
Bro, with that budget, you have plenty of options.
If new car, kia rio is a good choice. The new persona is one to consider too. Ignore the mazda 2 if you're looking for cabin space but it does have good handling and a welt built interior compared to the other options on your list. I would also suggest the Vw vento. Price may be a little over your budget but it definitely meets your criteria.

If used car, you can find a 2014 altis, civic or even teana. Other options includes vios, City. My suggestion would be a second hand mazda 3 skyactive. It's a good car with nice interior and good handling. Not too sure bout the maintenance tho.
Jonsnow68
post Sep 19 2018, 03:52 PM

Getting Started
104 posts

QUOTE(donavan1986 @ Sep 19 2018, 03:50 PM)
Do you think i should spend the extra 30k to get a 2014/2015 328i?
Bro, contact evo aurizn and tell them about your dilemma. Hopefully they can give their recommendation.
Jonsnow68
post Sep 19 2018, 08:18 PM

Getting Started
104 posts

QUOTE(donavan1986 @ Sep 19 2018, 04:40 PM)
Sorry but who is that?
They're an automotive media organisation. They do car reviews both new car and also used/recon cars, cover new car launching events and etc. They also give advice to new or used/recon car buyers.

Link : https://www.facebook.com/aurizn/
Jonsnow68
post Sep 20 2018, 03:43 PM

Getting Started
104 posts

QUOTE(nami56 @ Sep 19 2018, 11:58 PM)
1. Brand : Undecided between used 2013 Myvi manual  or 2015 iriz 1.3 manual
2. Budget : RM23k
3. New/Used/Unreg : Used
4. Specs : engine for both 1.3
5. Transmission : Manual
6. NA or FI : -
7. Type : hatchback
8. Remarks : easy to drive non highway just jalan kampung area baling town

Dear fellow forumers,

I'm thinking of getting a used between iriz and myvi before i booking to get axia std e manual but my friends said it better to get used myvi or iriz than axia tin kosong..so please help me to decide..i already survey the price on mudah.my and carlist.my so the price between both almost same.

Thanks
What is your main criteria? The iriz is newer, has better safety standards, better handling and has a better manual transmission.

The myvi on the other hand, is very easy to drive, slightly more spacious, easier to maintain and has better fuel efficiency tho the manual transmission isn't as good as the iriz.

Jonsnow68
post Sep 21 2018, 01:10 AM

Getting Started
104 posts

QUOTE(nami56 @ Sep 20 2018, 11:00 PM)
I dont know..before i got kancil l5 turbo manual..so i dont know what about others car..maybe for cheap maintainance and easy to parking.
Oh. Go for a test drive bro. Will help you decide. I've driven iriz and myvi 2013 1.3 (my current car) of course I'll say myvi cheaper to maintain and easier to drive šŸ˜‚ but test drive will definitely help you decide.
Jonsnow68
post Sep 21 2018, 01:20 PM

Getting Started
104 posts

QUOTE(veron208 @ Sep 21 2018, 09:41 AM)
1. Brand :  Any brand
2. Budget : RM60k
3. New/Used/Unreg : Used
4. Specs : Any spec
5. Transmission : AT
6. NA or FI : -
7. Type : Hatchback only
8. Remarks : Mainly for city driving and lady driver.
Currently using Myvi (8 years) and planning for upgrade.
Hi there, why not consider new car? With that budget, you can get the highest spec myvi, or if space isn't a concern, why not the new picanto? If you're keen on used, there are a lot of options like jazz, Vw polo and golf tsi, Ford fiesta and focus. There's also the Peugeot 208. If used mainly for city driving, the jazz sounds like a good city car. Easy to drive too.
Jonsnow68
post Sep 21 2018, 06:23 PM

Getting Started
104 posts

QUOTE(veron208 @ Sep 21 2018, 05:43 PM)
I owned a Kia as main car and I am not to keen on Kia car esp. with poor service. This is also the 2nd Myvi car with the total of 15++ years since the Myvi launched in Malaysia .... I am not going to get another Myvi.

I am considering used Jazz and Focus.
Ah I see. Well focus has good handling and jazz, well its a Honda so easy maintenance. Not sure bout the maintenance of a Ford but good luck deciding bro. Both seems like a solid choice.
Jonsnow68
post Sep 30 2018, 01:44 PM

Getting Started
104 posts

QUOTE(ultralightbing @ Sep 30 2018, 09:52 AM)
Thanks for the reply. Iā€™m a bit torn between the Myvi X and the Bezza AV actually. Enjoy the ride and feel on both but genuinely cannot make my mind up
If that's the case then it boils down to 2 aspects, safety and boot space. The Myvi has more airbags but a smaller boot. Good luck deciding lol

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0202sec    0.48    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 10:43 PM