Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Plan to buy a NEW/USED car?(V3),, ASK HERE for recommendations

views

Chrix
post Mar 10 2018, 09:31 AM

Regular
1,081 posts

QUOTE(SentryWarX @ Mar 9 2018, 02:57 PM)
I am looking into getting a new car but I am wondering say my car has scratches and bumps and dents (quite serious one) but never been in an accident anyways just knocks and etc.

Would it be better to just fix it up myself then try to sell the car off through a dealer? If dealer any recommended?

Or just one go trade in for new/used car and they will do everything.

I want less hassle since I'm not a pro with cars
You can do it either way, because for me for example...I would rather see a scratched/paint peeled bumper on a >decade old car rather than new paint..assuming its mechanically sound.

But the average person would judge by the looks of the car right off the bat. So it depends on how you want to approach/sell your vehicle.

If its just bumpers, common car, common color..try getting a used bumper instead of repainting it.

Remember that trade-in would yield you much less money compared to selling it yourself, you just gotta weigh your time/urgency to sell.

And no dealer recommended, never meet a honest one before.
Chrix
post Mar 10 2018, 10:15 AM

Regular
1,081 posts

QUOTE(SentryWarX @ Mar 10 2018, 10:06 AM)
Thanks. Any idea where can get a used bumper? I was told that reshaping it won't allow the bumper to steadily hook back on to the bumper hook thing on the underside of the bumper.

>_> motor banged into my bumper quite badly and I sent them to the hospital for a check-up instead. I see them so kesian old man can't see well and didn't brake in time so I only lodge police report but never claim from them anything

Deviate a bit. Do you actually claim insurance when a motor bangs you? Or only claim your own which affects NCD?
What car & color? If there are car clubs, join them. Sometimes members change to aftermarket bumper & donate their stock bumper away.

As for hit by motorcycle, yes you can claim. However it depends on the police report & then your insurance company to pursue. But most cases both party lazy to pursue such case if small damage/no loss of life. Best to inquire with your insurer.
Chrix
post Mar 11 2018, 09:20 AM

Regular
1,081 posts

QUOTE(SwarmTroll @ Mar 10 2018, 10:18 PM)
Greeting People!
Planning to get an opinion of what car to get, be it used or new. Currently a fresh grad entering the workforce real soon. My job requires me to travel depending on where the clients are so public transport is an issue (I did consider it). However being a fresh grad I don't exactly earn a lot and I don't plan to splurge a lot of money on a car. Is it more worth to get a first hand perodua etc. rather than a second hand car? My greatest worry with a second hand car is that it would just break down randomly and also whether the salesperson is actually being truthful with the car's history. Then again, a second hand car is more affordable and I can better put the money I earn to good use (investment). Any insights sifus?
Are your parents able to provide some financial assistance? What is your budget?

IMO, used vehicle from a private seller. Breakdowns can be avoided by replacing known faulty/wear tear parts, it all depends on maintenance.
Chrix
post Mar 29 2018, 09:15 AM

Regular
1,081 posts

QUOTE(siangmalam @ Mar 28 2018, 04:53 PM)
My own major concern ::
CRV 2011 - Reliable but a bit old. Afraid the car will got many problems.
Chevy 2014 - Newer. But afraid hard to get maintenance if breakdown in others places. Many foreman might not know how to repair.
Since your asking, means you better play it safe with the Honda.

Remember newer does not outright means its better (in any regard)
Chrix
post May 8 2018, 03:04 PM

Regular
1,081 posts

QUOTE(life27 @ May 8 2018, 12:16 PM)
Sorry out of topic a bit.
Can anyone tell me what is the component spare part name that I highlighted on the picture ..

My old car myvi that portion rosak due to everyday park under the sun .

Can anyone tell me roughly how much it cost and may I know the spare part name please
Generally that parts like that would be called a cowl, a windscreen cowl in this case. Not sure on cost, unable to help you there.
Chrix
post May 27 2018, 08:27 PM

Regular
1,081 posts

QUOTE(sherlockms @ May 23 2018, 09:21 PM)
hi guys, i'm looking to buy a used car here. Got one colleague offers me his 2005 honda civic at 20k, not sure if it is a good deal or not, 200k mileage , zero accident, constant maintenance from what he said.

Is there any particular things that I need to check before considering it a deal?

Need you all advice here, thanks =)
Why is he selling? You also need to inspect the vehicle IF it is in good condition / any hidden dark history.

Or, just use mudah to survey. Put in your budget & manufacturer.. plenty to choose from. Its just a matter of the features that you prioritize.
Chrix
post May 29 2018, 10:16 AM

Regular
1,081 posts

QUOTE(sherlockms @ May 28 2018, 09:59 AM)
Well, he bought a new car so gonna trade it off for cash. Basically I have zero knowledge on inspecting a car so maybe if I were to check it I will request to send for mechanics. So I just wanna know if the car worth that price. He also posts in mudah for sale, with link attached Honda Civic 2005

Hmm... would u recommend any car for my usage? Mainly weekday city drive and weekend 300km drive back and forth Penang Perak. Low fuel consumption for long distance drive if possible.No preference on any brand.
Consider first gen Altis as well.. 1.8 are going for about 20K or below. Both the mentioned Civic & Altis are pretty good cars...but I would argue the Altis (1.6 or 1.8) has superior engine, while Civic looks (subjectively) better. Personally I would not opt for the lowest capacity engine that a model offers, but it a personal choice.

If your friend's colleague's Civic is all ok, I would ask for better discount since selling to someone they know by mutual friend.
Chrix
post Jun 28 2018, 04:53 PM

Regular
1,081 posts

QUOTE(Frolova @ Jun 28 2018, 11:44 AM)
Was it any better and cost less than getting a new iriz?

How much do i have to pay for insurance for this model? Is it based on the market price or the price bought from the buyer?

Need your advice from the sifus here. Tq
Goes without saying a used version of a particular vehicle will have lower cost of entry.

Insurance premium based on insurer's market valuation, and if you have other types of coverage. Absolutely noting to do with the purchase price, even if you bought it for RM1 or RM100,000.

Chrix
post Jul 2 2018, 10:02 PM

Regular
1,081 posts

QUOTE(Kilohertz @ Jul 2 2018, 09:43 PM)
Any common issues with year 2016-2017 toyota altis? and how to know if the car has been involved in accident before?

thanks!
best join altis club to get bigger sample size of owners of that particular year(s).

As for accident, just gotta learn what to look out for.
Eg; over spray on parts where there shouldn't have paint.
eg; inconsistent paint wave from panel to panel
Different areas may have different ways its fixed/fixes can be seen.
Chrix
post Jul 4 2018, 09:30 AM

Regular
1,081 posts

QUOTE(6UE5T @ Jul 4 2018, 12:25 AM)
I'd suggest the Toyota Mark X which is actually a much better car than any of those local Accord/Camry/Mazda 6/Teana.
agreed
Chrix
post Jul 4 2018, 08:51 PM

Regular
1,081 posts

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

AE111 with BT 4AGE head on 7AGE block.

whistling.gif

Chrix
post Jul 20 2018, 09:46 AM

Regular
1,081 posts

QUOTE(starboy01 @ Jul 19 2018, 11:07 PM)
Any used car dealer can recommend who is trustworthy
You cant use those words in the same sentence. laugh.gif
Chrix
post Oct 2 2018, 09:48 AM

Regular
1,081 posts

QUOTE(herpderp9394 @ Oct 2 2018, 08:34 AM)
Hi guys, would like to know if you would choose i iriz executive variant over the premium?

Opting for executive variant would lose 4 airbags, semi leathers seats, and other misc features like teh tarik hook,  15 inches dual tone rim, dual tone rooftop, etc

I intend to get kia picanto but was discouraged by parents because of low resale value and higher service maintenance cost.  Myvi x variant is having a 3 months queue time, so it's out of option to consider
Should not discount basic safety features..however I trust Proton wouldn't not put out a vehicle which is lethal if it loses the 4 airbags.

The rest of the features are just fluff IMO.

If resale value is a concern, suggest looking at used options instead.
Chrix
post Oct 7 2018, 10:42 AM

Regular
1,081 posts

QUOTE(xiaobaiwm @ Oct 7 2018, 12:26 AM)

then is there any idea on how to check vehicle history in malaysia? I know in US they track their vehicle history thru the VIN number. But, in Malaysia?
No system exist for public to check.

Even in US, all history has to be recorded only will it be available. It's not like can't hide any history.
Chrix
post Oct 31 2018, 09:14 AM

Regular
1,081 posts

QUOTE(Confession @ Oct 30 2018, 10:24 PM)
1. Brand. - Any
2. Budget - 3 to 4k
3. Used/Unreg
4. Specs - Fuel efficient and cheap to maintain/easy to find spare part
5. Transmission. - Manual preferably, wouldn't mind auto as well.
6. Type - Any
7. Remarks - Use for work mostly, around 40km journey per day
Ke70

QUOTE(ARusdi @ Oct 31 2018, 08:38 AM)
I'm planning to but second bmw (320i) also, max budget around 30k. I've look around but online only, what do i need to consider before buy?
Consider if you have up to RM1000/month for unexpected repair(s).
Chrix
post Nov 6 2018, 09:02 AM

Regular
1,081 posts

QUOTE(drunkonpiss @ Nov 6 2018, 01:11 AM)
Hello,

Car noob here. In the hunt for a new car and I stumbled upon Mudah and found out how cheap 2nd hand cars. I was blown away how cheap the cars are priced. Looking at the prices, I would probably get a BMW. Any tips on how to spot a good from a bad one? Can you suggest which model in particular? Looking at 3 series now.
I would suggest you narrow down on which specific model you are keen on, then go research about cost of repair n common part failure of that model. Best to get from personal seller, check the related FB groups.

Btw, you seem quite green, the prices you see in mudah posted by dealers are the starting price, they will tack on several thousands on top for “processing fee” etc.
Chrix
post Nov 10 2018, 09:36 AM

Regular
1,081 posts

QUOTE(fastreader @ Nov 9 2018, 10:40 PM)
Hi dear all,

I've spotted a Honda CR-v First Gen for sale at below RM20k and is extremely interested.

1) Is this a good buy? Or should I stay away from this old car?

2) What are the common problem encountered by the FIRST gen CR-V?

I';m noob when it comes to car and based it soley on the final price... smile.gif
It’s a good work horse, to an extent. What what are your criteria for a vehicle? There maybe other choices to consider.
Chrix
post Jan 23 2019, 08:18 AM

Regular
1,081 posts

QUOTE(fastreader @ Jan 23 2019, 12:01 AM)
Hi Sifu, i have the following dilemma...

1. Brand: Merc S280
2. Budget:35k cash ( Plan to only use RM5k as downpayment only) (Looking at Year 2003-2005 model)
3. New/Used/Unreg.: Used
4. Specs: Not applicable
5. Remarks:

I have my eyes on the following:

1) Merc S280, Year 2003 - Year 2005.
2) Market price is around 20-26k.
3) My financing strategy is to pay RM5k as downpayment and then loan the rest of the balance.
4) I will have around 25-30k to spare as repair/maintenance/refurbishement cost.
5) Rationale for choosing this model is because of its comfort, fancy electronics, PERFORMANCE and safety. Planning to use it for around 3-4 years before selling it off again. (Main reason is going for the performance, so planning to 'trash' it and make the money worthwhile tongue.gif )

so, Sifus, would this model, S280, be a good purchase? Are my rationale logical/resaonable enough?..or its just plain stupid and i;m bringing upon myself a financial disaster?

Just be blunt with me, sifus...because your advice and experience would save me from financial mishaps.. tongue.gif
I've never own a Benzo... just a bimmah. But your strategy seems like a fast way to burn off excess money laugh.gif
Chrix
post Jan 23 2019, 10:25 AM

Regular
1,081 posts

QUOTE(fastreader @ Jan 23 2019, 08:53 AM)
doh.gif  sad.gif  sad.gif

gosh....i guess its a no-go?

as in, its an extremely bad idea to do what i have in mind?  hmm.gif
Depends, if you don't mind the cost & want the experience..it's not wrong. My UDM was a decision by heart, pain by wallet. Haha

If you have done all the research on cost of repairs n parts,and find it acceptable, by all means do it...you can even post updates on ur experience for others to take the dive.

Unrelated, my neighbor has a S55..hardly driven, and never driven hard..very gangsta looking. Especially when the suspension collapse. But he has 3 cars to drive.
Chrix
post Mar 5 2019, 11:58 AM

Regular
1,081 posts

QUOTE(pikafaded @ Mar 5 2019, 10:45 AM)
If I am planning to get a used City or Vios year 2012, which is better in term of FC, nvh and comfort. 80% city drive and I wont mind the performance just that the car should be stable and quiet at 110-120km/h.
*less problematic as well as I dont want to send my car for service so often
Both pretty much equal in almost all aspects, IMO. From my experience as passenger in both.

Just which look and brand you prefer.

Arguably City looks more modern, whereas the Vios looks undeniably "asian".

2 Pages  1 2 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.2100sec    0.20    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:59 PM