views

zenix
post Yesterday, 01:40 AM

Pirate Captain
5,872 posts

QUOTE(z800r @ Aug 19 2022, 12:51 AM)
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

I wanna sleep soon but i will address your problem quickly

Proton x50 / x70 : do you really wanna trust a company that continues to build new cars to sell but keep telling buyers their free warranty claim spare parts no stock?

CX5 / Cross / HRV : these 4 are in the same segment, same desirable level, near same trim level, and performance. i understand turbo cars aree now all the rage and the HRV would be something everyone wants to bite but i'll rather take thee CX5 for reasons because it runs on an NA engine and the Skyactiv system ensures you get > 500km range per tank which is near diesel level of fuel economy yet avoiding the pitfalls of a diesel engine maintenance.

CRV will be having a model changeover soon but don't expect much discount for the outgoing model because of the stock situation now and you're not willing to wait.

Haval H2 you might want to consider this if you're looking to spend below 100k but have a fully stacked SUV, it has all the bells and whistles of a C-segment SUV taking inspiration from European cars, the only thing it loses out is the driving automation, lane assist, etc of newer cars. I think the only issue is brand recognition for Chinese cars but this has been on the rise and will become common place soon. For 95k it is a bang for your buck.

Subaru XV the latest XV looks very handsome indeed like a jacked up Subaru Impreza (which it is actually) another car that doesn't use turbo. Performance and handling of this car is above others but the only thing to be aware is the fuel consumption because it is AWD the engine is always sending power to all 4 wheels so it uses up more petrol than the other "soft city suv" which have SUV body but mostly run as a 2WD.

2019 Toyota Harrier 2.0 - personally i think this is the best deal for your budget, there is ready stock no need to wait you can walk to a few dealers to see (or use my resources), you're getting a car that isn't too old a 2019 car which is unreg means it has never been registered before in malaysia so you can opt for a new number plate or transfer from your old car -- just like buying a new car, such import cars also come with limited warranty. No need to worry about maintenance or spare parts this model shares many components with other toyota models especially the Wish. And as long as you didn't buy a lemon or an abused unit they're usually very reliable.

cempedaklife
post Yesterday, 11:26 AM

Master Decoy
3,558 posts

zenix, what are your sources? i mean i think i saw you mentioned east Malaysia before, so is your source from west or east?
and what's your connection between you and those connection?

just wondering coz, when i need to get my next car, it likely going to be 2nd hand, the current go to for me I'm thinking carsome, but as everyone aware, the price is higher. so if i can get a reliable 2nd hand dealer, that will be great too. although for sure, one has to do own due diligence la regardless.
zenix
post Yesterday, 02:40 PM

Pirate Captain
5,872 posts

QUOTE(cempedaklife @ Aug 19 2022, 11:26 AM)
zenix, what are your sources? i mean i think i saw you mentioned east Malaysia before, so is your source from west or east?
and what's your connection between you and those connection?

just wondering coz, when i need to get my next car, it likely going to be 2nd hand, the current go to for me I'm thinking carsome, but as everyone aware, the price is higher. so if i can get a reliable 2nd hand dealer, that will be great too. although for sure, one has to do own due diligence la regardless.
east malaysia i don't really have reliable source yet but i can try if you really want.
mine is mostly in klang valley.

my way of handling them is like this, "bro's this customer wants a BMW 320 petrol not diesel within a budget of 90k everything included no additional out of pocket, he wants the car within this month it is a serious deal, who wanna take it up" usually for quick deals they'll do it, if customer still wanna look and see i suggest research until hearts content first then when wanna pull the trigger lemme know.

carsome prices do fluctuate depending if they wanna ship it out quickly so got space for incoming stock with higher profit margins, or if they bought it at the wrong price then need that margin for all the services they put on top, but they usually have like a few months to hold then they gotta move it even at lower margin.
hungrygodzilla
post Yesterday, 02:47 PM

Casual
343 posts

QUOTE(z800r @ Aug 19 2022, 12:51 AM)
Hi guys. Need suggestion pls

1. Brand : honda hrv or crv / toyota cross / mazda cx5 / proton x50 or x70 / volvo x40
2. Budget : 150-170k maxxx
3. New/Used/Unreg : new
4. Specs : low / medium specs okay already
5. Transmission. (Auto)
6. NA or FI : dont mind.
7. Type. (SUV)
8. Remarks. : quite a long remarks.
-No hybrid car.
-We need a suv to transport things sometimes. Not all the time
- need a car that the waiting period is not too long. I heard mazda cx5 waiting list is 2-5 months. That’s kinda too long. 1-2 months is okay
- spare part availability and spare part price. My wife kinda like x50/x70. Just that the spare part is kinda problem if anything happens. Obviously toyota and honda parts should be easily available
- volvo x40 is too expensive for the size. Guess not worth it lah.
- good horse power / torque
- for the size, bigger is better. I know crv is bigger. But a bit underpowered i think, the horse power and torque compared to cx5

So which one should be the best pick for now? Thanks. Any other suv for suggestion?
Volvo X40? Assuming typo XC40, it's totally different level already. It's expensive for it's material, power, safety, tech... and it's definitely way out of your stated budget for new car.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0133sec    0.42    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 20th August 2022 - 09:52 AM