340 Pages « < 289 290 291 292 293 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Plan to buy a NEW/USED car?(V3),, ASK HERE for recommendations

views

Roadwarrior1337
post May 18 2022, 08:48 AM

Enthusiast
832 posts

QUOTE(littlefire @ May 12 2022, 07:10 PM)
If you travel a lot, should consider Hybrid or Diesel engine.
If you like Mazda and want to upgrade can consider latest CX-5 or CX-8 with the 2.2D engine.
They also got 2.5T engine but the diesel engine is more better in term of fuel economy.

Hybrid wise only Toyota Cross is the best choice in market now, but driving experience wise might be a bit dull compare to Mazda.
Or you can consider Lexus hybrid recon units from Japan for like UX/NX models. Toyota/Lexus hybrids is one of the most mature & less issue in market.
This is the answer especially diesel engine. The further you travel the more savings u get from fuel consumption. My tebu diesel already run 340x km without problem and expected to reach 500k hopefully by 2024

My mileage is nothing. In uk they talk about 500k miles so ya bullet proof
dogbert_chew
post May 18 2022, 01:02 PM

Regular
1,126 posts

QUOTE(LostAndFound @ May 18 2022, 08:43 AM)
Is the Iriz back seat at all comfortable for adults? Thought it was pretty sempit.
Leg room is less than Myvi. But the seats are much more comfortable. And we talking about 2 at the rear (4 seater) ya.

Then go try Bezza rear seats. LOL
LostAndFound
post May 18 2022, 07:52 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,583 posts

QUOTE(dogbert_chew @ May 18 2022, 01:02 PM)
Leg room is less than Myvi. But the seats are much more comfortable. And we talking about 2 at the rear (4 seater) ya.

Then go try Bezza rear seats. LOL
Myvi is the comparison la, not bezza. Bezza is axia, meant to be 2 seater car anyway. I have two boys who will eventually be quite tall so quite concerned about those back seats.
dogbert_chew
post May 18 2022, 08:00 PM

Regular
1,126 posts

QUOTE(LostAndFound @ May 18 2022, 07:52 PM)
Myvi is the comparison la, not bezza. Bezza is axia, meant to be 2 seater car anyway. I have two boys who will eventually be quite tall so quite concerned about those back seats.
If u talking about leg space for your boys, then
Myvi > Bezza > Persona/ Iriz > Saga

I was talking about overall seat comfort as a plus point for Iriz as Lieblingsmonster was urgently looking for a new car.

Different topic ya
allomicro
post May 21 2022, 11:08 PM

Getting Started
88 posts

I am at my wits ends with getting this new car and have to get a 2nd hand car by the end of next month.

1. Brand : No particular preference (trying to avoid proton feedup with them)
2. Budget: Can go up to 40-50k with a loan (but was asked by someone why do you want to spend so much on a 2nd hand car; any feedback on this is also much appreciated).
3. New/Used/Unreg.: Used
4. Specs.: Nothing particular.
5. Transmission. Auto
6. NA or FI ? No preference
7. Type.: Sedan, prefer to have the boot space.
8. Remarks.: Want something that is reliable, will be using it as a daily driver so can't afford to let it lie in the workshop. Cost of spareparts is also a factor to consider. The newer the car, the better.

Initially was going to get a the new persona. Got my loan apporoved and all but the waiting period is getting out of hand. 2-4 months more to get it!

Cars that caught my eye, but not really sure if its a good idea (kalau ikut hati but bukan kepala):

kia cerato
hyundai elantra

another option which would be a direct replacement for previous car is an hyundai i10 while I continue to wait for the new persona (my last car was a getz (banjir), using loaner now hence the urgency).

I am open to other options as well. Any feedback is much appreciated. Thanks

This post has been edited by allomicro: May 22 2022, 01:26 AM
dogbert_chew
post May 22 2022, 02:26 AM

Regular
1,126 posts

QUOTE(allomicro @ May 21 2022, 11:08 PM)
I am at my wits ends with getting this new car and have to get a 2nd hand car by the end of next month.

nitially was going to get a the new persona. Got my loan apporoved and all but the waiting period is getting out of hand. 2-4 months more to get it!

using loaner now hence the urgency).

Did u book the Persona premium or executive in March ?

How much to rent the loaner for another 1-3 monrhs after June ?
allomicro
post May 22 2022, 11:56 AM

Getting Started
88 posts

QUOTE(dogbert_chew @ May 22 2022, 02:26 AM)
Did u book the Persona premium or executive in March ?

How much to rent the loaner for another  1-3 monrhs after June ?

Premium, first week of Febuary. Decided to go with this variant as it offers more airbags.

As for the loaner, lets just say its not viable for me continue beyond June. I had only planned to borrow until Mac or April but I am extended now.

So any suggestions as to what I should get?
lowstate
post May 22 2022, 12:21 PM

Getting Started
276 posts

Im thinking to get a used ct200h but it cost like 50k for a 11 years old car and most if not all accummulate more than 150k km, not sure if it worth it or just get a prius at almost 20k cheaper. any comment guys?
dogbert_chew
post May 22 2022, 12:26 PM

Regular
1,126 posts

QUOTE(allomicro @ May 22 2022, 11:56 AM)
Premium, first week of Febuary. Decided to go with this variant as it offers more airbags.

As for the loaner, lets just say its not viable for me continue beyond June. I had only planned to borrow until Mac or April but I am extended now.

So any suggestions as to what I should get?
My thoughts,
Stick to getting Persona cos by June already wait 5 months.
Perhaps write an appeal letter to the Proton outlet u ordered. At least in black and white, get their acknowledgement.

Rather than abandon this order and go get a second hand car that might give problems difficult to solve.

Current loaner finish in June, rent another car for 1-2 more months? Perhaps some friends or relatives with spare car. Pay them
dogbert_chew
post May 22 2022, 12:33 PM

Regular
1,126 posts

QUOTE(lowstate @ May 22 2022, 12:21 PM)
Im thinking to get a used ct200h but it cost like 50k for a 11 years old car and most if not all accummulate more than 150k km, not sure if it worth it or just get a prius at almost 20k cheaper. any comment guys?
Underneath the ct200h is actually the same Prius mechanicals.

The extra cost is for the branding and higher fittings. If you appreciate them, then can consider. If you just after the mechanicals a Prius would make more sense.

lowstate
post May 22 2022, 02:38 PM

Getting Started
276 posts

QUOTE(dogbert_chew @ May 22 2022, 12:33 PM)
Underneath the ct200h is actually the same Prius mechanicals.

The extra cost is for the branding and higher fittings. If you appreciate them, then can consider. If you just after the mechanicals a Prius would make more sense.
True that, paying extra for the brand and package. But cant decide if its a good idea to get a 10years old hybrid machine, wear and tears on parts etc
dogbert_chew
post May 22 2022, 04:36 PM

Regular
1,126 posts

QUOTE(lowstate @ May 22 2022, 02:38 PM)
cant decide if its a good idea to get a 10years old hybrid machine, wear and tears on parts etc
With these concerns, why consider at all ?

Bought a Prius for 139K, sold it for less than half the value after 5 plus years. Enjoyed the drive and power. Because im heavy footed got average < 20km per liter 50-50 city highway.

Its low volume car here and CBU japan so any major parts going to be expensive now. Risky.
allomicro
post May 22 2022, 08:26 PM

Getting Started
88 posts

QUOTE(dogbert_chew @ May 22 2022, 12:26 PM)
My thoughts,
Stick to getting Persona cos by June already wait 5 months.
Perhaps write an appeal letter to the Proton outlet u ordered. At least in black and white, get their acknowledgement.

Rather than abandon this order and go get a second hand car that might give problems difficult to solve.

Current loaner finish in June, rent another car for 1-2 more months? Perhaps some friends or relatives with spare car. Pay them
Its probably going to be another 3 to 4 months. I spoke to them last week and they said they just started fulfilling orders from Oct last year. If the waiting period was less, I would definetly switch to another outlet.

I would probably take your advice and write them a appeal letter, but I am quite certain its not going to make a difference with them.

If it is actually anonther month or so, I can bite the bullet and continue or get another loaner, but its prudent that I have a back up plan, which would be getting a 2nd hand car.

lowstate
post May 22 2022, 10:39 PM

Getting Started
276 posts

QUOTE(dogbert_chew @ May 22 2022, 04:36 PM)
With these concerns, why consider at all ?

Bought a Prius for 139K, sold it for less than half the value after 5 plus years. Enjoyed the drive and power. Because im heavy footed got average < 20km per liter 50-50 city highway.

Its low volume car here and CBU japan so any major parts going to be expensive now. Risky.
you've got it used? lets say ct200h, with the price tag of 50k, in terms of outlook, brand and fuel consumption, i believe it a no brainer if not factor in its age
hustlerism
post May 22 2022, 10:44 PM

Devil In Disguise
1,591 posts

Is 2nd hand CRV any good?

2014 and above
PoPoBear
post May 23 2022, 01:17 AM

Casual
418 posts

Hi everyone.

Planning to buy my first car and hope to get some advice on this.

Brand: No preference
Budget: <RM60k car value or max RM1,000 monthly payment on 5-year loan tenure.
Condition: New or reliable used car
Type: Sedan / SUV
Transmission: Auto
Usage: City driving, occasional interstate travel (maybe like once every few months)
Remarks: Short waiting period, Reliability, safety, comfort of driving. I’m 26, single, used to drive parent’s honda hrv but now looking to buy my own car as having 1 car at home is pretty tough especially when i wanted to go out too. Realized that i spent a lot on Grab car (about RM1k per month) and thought of having my own.

Here is my current list for cars based on numerous Youtube videos I’ve seen over the past month.

1. New 2022 Proton Persona Executive (RM50,800)

What I like: Large boot space, rear seat looks spacious, good handling & safety. Monthly less than RM1,000.

My concerns: reliability issues (CVT, power window, etc), can this car last long without major issues?

2. New 2022 Proton Saga Premium (RM41,800)

What I like: sizeable boot space and rear space, altho lesser than persona. I’ve driven friend’s old 2009 saga occasionally, so far i have no complaints on the handling/comfort driving. No cvt, so perhaps no issues on gearbox?

Cons: reliability of the product

3. New 2022 Perodua Myvi 1.5H (RM53k)

Pros: Reliable brand (less issues than proton)
Cons: Inferior handling vs Proton, small boot size

Happy to know if there are other recommendations in this price range too. Thank you!

This post has been edited by PoPoBear: May 23 2022, 01:40 AM
milolauda
post May 23 2022, 02:10 AM

36 posts

QUOTE(PoPoBear @ May 23 2022, 01:17 AM)
Hi everyone.

Planning to buy my first car and hope to get some advice on this.

Brand: No preference
Budget: <RM60k car value or max RM1,000 monthly payment on 5-year loan tenure.
Usage: City driving, occasional interstate travel (maybe like once every few months)
Remarks: Short waiting period, Reliability, safety, comfort of driving. I’m 26, single, used to drive parent’s honda hrv but now looking to buy my own car as having 1 car at home is pretty tough especially when i wanted to go out too. Realized that i spent a lot on Grab car (about RM1k per month) and thought of having my own.

Here is my current list for cars based on numerous Youtube videos I’ve seen over the past month.

1. New 2022 Proton Persona Executive (RM50,800)

What I like: Large boot space, rear seat looks spacious, good handling & safety. Monthly less than RM1,000.

My concerns: reliability issues (CVT, power window, etc), can this car last long without major issues?

2. New 2022 Proton Saga Premium (RM41,800)

What I like: sizeable boot space and rear space, altho lesser than persona. I’ve driven friend’s old 2009 saga occasionally, so far i have no complaints on the handling/comfort driving. No cvt, so perhaps no issues on gearbox?

Cons: reliability of the product

Pros: Reliable brand (less issues than proton)
Cons: Inferior handling vs Proton, small boot size

Happy to know if there are other recommendations in this price range too. Thank you!
Go for Persona Premium , waiting period should be shorter and you get everything a modern car should have , just abt 5k extra , meaning less than rm100/mth on installments , safer car compared to Myvi . HPF steel
cempedaklife
post May 23 2022, 10:38 AM

Master Decoy
4,017 posts

QUOTE(allomicro @ May 22 2022, 08:26 PM)
Its probably going to be another 3 to 4 months. I spoke to them last week and they said they just started fulfilling orders from Oct last year. If the waiting period was less, I would definetly switch to another outlet.

I would probably take your advice and write them a appeal letter, but I am quite certain its not going to make a difference with them.

If it is actually anonther month or so, I can bite the bullet and continue or get another loaner, but its prudent that I have a back up plan, which would be getting a 2nd hand car.
i agree with dogbert advice.
though maybe we are not you, and we cant sense your urgency, apart form the fact that you need to extend to loaner?
what's else is bothering you? other than financially you still need to loan a car.
coz you have already waited so long, perhaps need another 3 more months.
in the grand scheme of things, 3 months is still a short time. (don't keep focusing on how long have it been since).

I'm just worried that you rush to a 2nd hand car and it may cause you more trouble down the line.
i have nothing against 2nd hand, in fact my next car should be a 2nd hand. its just that, based on what you have said, you might rush into it and make wrong judgement.
allomicro
post May 23 2022, 03:37 PM

Getting Started
88 posts

QUOTE(milolauda @ May 23 2022, 02:10 AM)
Go for Persona Premium , waiting period should be shorter and you get everything a modern car should have , just abt 5k extra , meaning less than rm100/mth on installments , safer car compared to Myvi . HPF steel
FYI, the waiting period for persona is 5 months now. Plus proton already said they will only layan/process new booking after July, want to clear the backlog first.

Not discouraging, just want to warn you that you might have a long wait ahead.

I am waiting since for there persona premium since Feb this year.
dogbert_chew
post May 23 2022, 06:30 PM

Regular
1,126 posts

QUOTE(PoPoBear @ May 23 2022, 01:17 AM)
Planning to buy my first car

Budget: <RM60k car value

Remarks: Short waiting period,
Reliability,
safety,
comfort of driving.

used to drive parent’s honda hrv

1. Persona Executive (RM50,800)
Large boot space,
rear seat looks spacious,
good handling & safety.

reliability issues (CVT, power window, etc),

2. Saga Premium (RM41,800)
sizeable boot space and rear space,
no complaints on the handling/comfort driving.
No cvt, so perhaps no issues on gearbox?

reliability of the product

Reliable brand (less issues than proton)

Inferior handling vs Proton, small boot size

If buying new, likely to get at the end of this year (w higher pricing from SST reactivated) unless less popular models like Iriz.

Reliability is mentioned several times,buying public has a better perception of Perodua.

Handling is Proton forte but if you mainly city driving, then won't matter so much. Outstation once every few months, just drive within speed limit. The online reviews might emphasize it a lot, better we go test drive ourselves see if really any difference at city speeds.

Do you need the boot space on a regular basis ? Actually a hatchback ia more versatile when it comes to carrying bigger bulky items say from Ikea, most reviewer only mentioned boot space for luggages where sedans have advantage. Try fitting a bicycle into sedan wink.gif

From your three selection above, my recommendation Myvi 1.5 with the superior D-CVT transmission giving similar feel to HRV one.

340 Pages « < 289 290 291 292 293 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0209sec    0.18    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:03 AM