views

6UE5T
post Feb 23 2021, 09:24 PM

Regular
1,704 posts

QUOTE(zenix @ Feb 23 2021, 05:22 PM)
u r toyata bias  laugh.gif
sounds like one of those scammer used car dealers  ranting.gif
No la, I just shared based on my own experiences of maintaining the Livina and few Toyotas, plus other brands. The car that is the most reliable to me is still Toyota as my 08 Mark X barely had anything to repair in so many years ownership. Before that had 06 Avanza, 94 Corolla, and 78 Corona, all super reliable.

The Livina on the other hand, in just a few months aircon coil leaking, one of the main firewall wiring seal leaking, in less than 40k km absorber leaking and in 50k km some coil plug misfiring which happened again at 80k km. Fuel consumption also meh despite low power. Would never buy Nissan again. Even Mitsubishi is more reliable than Nissan.

This post has been edited by 6UE5T: Feb 24 2021, 12:11 AM
fastreader
post Feb 23 2021, 09:46 PM

4,551 posts

QUOTE(6UE5T @ Feb 23 2021, 04:50 PM)
Don't buy that Sarawak 2008 Mark X la, the price is ridiculous! It's been there for quite long I heard cuz nobody wants to buy at such stupid price. 2008 Mark X should be just around 30-40k,  if recon unreg maybe 50+ but not double!

That 2011 Mark X also already there for a long time but check with caution because it's a prefacelift x130 then facelifted to 2013/14 model but if you see closely, the front right bumper is not fitted properly like already has broken clips, so watch for accident signs there.
i vouched for the sarawak unit...yes, its been there super long, and the dealer was asking for ridiculouse price, hence, they are still asking ppl to buy rclxs0.gif rclxs0.gif rclxs0.gif

guess they have the mentaliti that toyota is king, suka suka command price.. mega_shok.gif

Deadca7
post Feb 23 2021, 10:10 PM

22 posts

Hi, im currently considering two cars with the sensible option being a 2014-2015 mazda 6 2.5 and the not so sensible one being a 2011-2012 mk6 gti.
This will be my only car and daily driven(when mco is over) so that is why the sensible option. But is the mk6 gti as bad as it seems if it properly maintained?

1. Brand = Mazda, VW
2. Budget = 60k-70k
3. New/Used/Unreg = Used
4. Specs =
5. Transmission = Auto
6. NA or FI = either
7. Type = either
8. Remarks. (add anything u like)
6UE5T
post Feb 24 2021, 12:15 AM

Regular
1,704 posts

QUOTE(fastreader @ Feb 23 2021, 09:46 PM)
i vouched for the sarawak unit...yes, its been there super long, and the dealer was asking for ridiculouse price, hence, they are still asking ppl to buy  rclxs0.gif  rclxs0.gif  rclxs0.gif

guess they have the mentaliti that toyota is king, suka suka command price..  mega_shok.gif
Absolute greedy used car sales con mentality.

This post has been edited by 6UE5T: Feb 24 2021, 12:16 AM
amscouzach57
post Feb 24 2021, 07:02 AM

Casual
420 posts

QUOTE(Deadca7 @ Feb 23 2021, 10:10 PM)
Hi, im currently considering two cars with the sensible option being a 2014-2015 mazda 6 2.5 and the not so sensible one being a 2011-2012 mk6 gti.
This will be my only car and daily driven(when mco is over) so that is why the sensible option. But is the mk6 gti as bad as it seems if it properly maintained?

1. Brand = Mazda, VW
2. Budget = 60k-70k
3. New/Used/Unreg = Used
4. Specs =
5. Transmission = Auto
6. NA or FI = either
7. Type = either
For me the answer would be obvious. I would vote for Mazda 6. I've been in a similar predicament. I was deliberating between Mazda 6 2.2D & VW Golf Mk7 R.

At the end, I chose the Mazda coz of its reliability & also the practicality (I'm a family man as well). Being a CBU unit from Japan is a big plus.

I'm using this car as a daily now except whenever I have to go to job site. Enjoying every moment with it.

If you die die want that Golf Mk6 GTI (not as reliable Mk7 GTI based on my previous research), you should have a spare car just in case of some unexpected breakdowns.

This post has been edited by amscouzach57: Feb 24 2021, 07:05 AM
Deadca7
post Feb 24 2021, 09:20 AM

22 posts

QUOTE(amscouzach57 @ Feb 24 2021, 07:02 AM)
For me the answer would be obvious. I would vote for Mazda 6. I've been in a similar predicament. I was deliberating between Mazda 6 2.2D & VW Golf Mk7 R.

At the end, I chose the Mazda coz of its reliability & also the practicality (I'm a family man as well). Being a CBU unit from Japan is a big plus.

I'm using this car as a daily now except whenever I have to go to job site. Enjoying every moment with it.

If you die die want that Golf Mk6 GTI (not as reliable Mk7 GTI based on my previous research), you should have a spare car just in case of some unexpected breakdowns.
yeah I mean just part of me wants to experience the drive of the gti you know.

But I'm leaning more towards the mazda honestly
Mr Mercedes
post Feb 24 2021, 10:57 AM

Casual
392 posts

1. Brand = Mazda, VW
2. Budget = 60k-70k
3. New/Used/Unreg = Used
4. Specs =
5. Transmission = Auto
6. NA or FI = either
7. Type = either
Since this is your only car, the Mazda 6 should be the better option (Practicality, and newer than the gti by 2-3 years).

I'd opt for the station wagon variant personally.
amscouzach57
post Feb 24 2021, 11:55 AM

Casual
420 posts

QUOTE(Deadca7 @ Feb 24 2021, 09:20 AM)
yeah I mean just part of me wants to experience the drive of the gti you know.

But I'm leaning more towards the mazda honestly
I feel you. I've test drove the Golf multiple times before ending up buying the Mazda.

Aside from the engaging drive, it left alot to be desired in other areas.

Safety (no AEB), practicality (smaller boot space), reliability.

Plus at that time, I couldn't find a used unit either in good condition or within the agreed price range.

So I've settled with 2.2D that has 420Nm of torque to compensate my cravings.

So it was not a big loss for me
zenix
post Feb 24 2021, 02:46 PM

Pirate Captain
6,149 posts

QUOTE(6UE5T @ Feb 23 2021, 09:24 PM)
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

I did have a Livina before but the X-Gear variant.
No major issues except breakdown coz battery kaput.
Other than that I think it is quite solid.
It still uses alot of old tech stuff to me was okay as the Carlos era stuff the quality just kept going down.

For me, anything Sylphy onwards is crap.

QUOTE(fastreader @ Feb 23 2021, 09:46 PM)

hmmm.....i wonder can we report to mudah to take down their ad.
i know it is willing buy and willing seller, but feel it is not nice to try and scalp ppl.

I would say if all you want to cure your turbo addiction is a GTI then just get a MK5 in a few years time as a second family car. Right now the MK5's are floating around 30k, wait for them to drop to below 30k buy one to play around for a few years then sell it or if it breaks totally just trade-in for a more sensible car like Axia/Bezza you might not need to top-up much for this transaction if the car isn't totally condemned.

About your main car the way I see it there are 3 candidates which might satiate your taste since I'm guessing you already tested a Golf GTI (any variant) and want that performance but in a more sensible family car.

2015 Toyota Camry Hybrid 2.5 - I do like Toyota's take on hybrid because if you drive really slow it runs silent on full electric mode, and when you're on the highway and need that extra omph to overtake or racing with mat rempit at traffic lights you'll get a boost in pickup. Compare a hybrid and non-hybrid, the non-hybrid is more expensive to buy used because of the general market perception that hybrid's will cost a bomb to repair after warranty is over. Battery replacement packs might cost abit in the region of RM2000 per pack, iinm the Camry Hybrid needs 6 packs, but it isn't the astronomical RM20,000 or above people usually associate with it. A plus point for Hybrid's is their usually CBU from Japan and the accessories are nicer, build quality is better, interior materials better with soft touch plastics not hard ones, etc.

Mazda 6 is good but personally I feel Mark X is better devil.gif
You can scroll up to see my comments on it

Deadca7
post Feb 24 2021, 08:46 PM

22 posts

QUOTE(Mr Mercedes @ Feb 24 2021, 10:57 AM)
Since this is your only car, the Mazda 6 should be the better option (Practicality, and newer than the gti by 2-3 years).

I'd opt for the station wagon variant personally.
yeah that was in my thought as well. The mazda 6 would not only be practical in its utility but based on general observation it will be practical in terms of maintenance/parts and time out of the workshop as well.

The station wagon does look intriguing too although it might be smaller in the cabin.

QUOTE(amscouzach57 @ Feb 24 2021, 11:55 AM)
I feel you. I've test drove the Golf multiple times before ending up buying the Mazda.

Aside from the engaging drive, it left alot to be desired in other areas.

Safety (no AEB), practicality (smaller boot space), reliability.

Plus at that time, I couldn't find a used unit either in good condition or within the agreed price range.

So I've settled with 2.2D that has 420Nm of torque to compensate my cravings.

So it was not a big loss for me
wow did not consider the diesel at all, might consider that as well!

The petrol because I am more familiar with it and will be doing basic maintenance myself. But then again, im sure there are guides on youtube.

QUOTE(zenix @ Feb 24 2021, 02:46 PM)
[/spoiler]

I did have a Livina before but the X-Gear variant.
No major issues except breakdown coz battery kaput.
Other than that I think it is quite solid.
It still uses alot of old tech stuff to me was okay as the Carlos era stuff the quality just kept going down.

For me, anything Sylphy onwards is crap.

[/spoiler]

hmmm.....i wonder can we report to mudah to take down their ad.
i know it is willing buy and willing seller, but feel it is not nice to try and scalp ppl.

[/spoiler]

I would say if all you want to cure your turbo addiction is a GTI then just get a MK5 in a few years time as a second family car. Right now the MK5's are floating around 30k, wait for them to drop to below 30k buy one to play around for a few years then sell it or if it breaks totally just trade-in for a more sensible car like Axia/Bezza you might not need to top-up much for this transaction if the car isn't totally condemned.

About your main car the way I see it there are 3 candidates which might satiate your taste since I'm guessing you already tested a Golf GTI (any variant) and want that performance but in a more sensible family car.

2015 Toyota Camry Hybrid 2.5 - I do like Toyota's take on hybrid because if you drive really slow it runs silent on full electric mode, and when you're on the highway and need that extra omph to overtake or racing with mat rempit at traffic lights you'll get a boost in pickup. Compare a hybrid and non-hybrid, the non-hybrid is more expensive to buy used because of the general market perception that hybrid's will cost a bomb to repair after warranty is over. Battery replacement packs might cost abit in the region of RM2000 per pack, iinm the Camry Hybrid needs 6 packs, but it isn't the astronomical RM20,000 or above people usually associate with it. A plus point for Hybrid's is their usually CBU from Japan and the accessories are nicer, build quality is better, interior materials better with soft touch plastics not hard ones, etc.

Mazda 6 is good but personally I feel Mark X is better  devil.gif
You can scroll up to see my comments on it
Mark X eh. you are making this harder haha.

Honestly I am not really considering the Camry due to the fact that there are plenty on the road as well as having a stereotype as an uncle car despite the reputation and value of the car. maybe not the new generation ones though, those look good!

Mr Mercedes
post Feb 25 2021, 08:31 PM

Casual
392 posts

QUOTE(Deadca7 @ Feb 24 2021, 08:46 PM)
yeah that was in my thought as well. The mazda 6 would not only be practical in its utility but based on general observation it will be practical in terms of maintenance/parts and time out of the workshop as well.

The station wagon does look intriguing too although it might be smaller in the cabin.
wow did not consider the diesel at all, might consider that as well!

The petrol because I am more familiar with it and will be doing basic maintenance myself. But then again, im sure there are guides on youtube.
Mark X eh. you are making this harder haha.

Honestly I am not really considering the Camry due to the fact that there are plenty on the road as well as having a stereotype as an uncle car despite the reputation and value of the car. maybe not the new generation ones though, those look good!
Mark X is another good option. V6, RWD,. Shame about the interior tho, the instrument panel looks rather dated.
stupid1
post Feb 28 2021, 03:49 PM

Getting Started
111 posts

Hi all, I'm planning to buy my first car but I have 0 knowledge in car 🤣. Can you all experts please advise which one is bets under this budget? My parents have been telling me to just buy Honda city or Toyota vios. I would like to hear more opinion for experts here. Thank you

1. Brand : unspecified
2. Budget : rm80000 and below
3. New/Used/Unreg :new
4. Specs : unspecified
5. Transmission : unspecified
6. Type : 4 seater
7. Remarks : I'm travelling 70km per day, thinking of which car can save more fuel for travelling

This post has been edited by stupid1: Feb 28 2021, 04:12 PM
dogbert_chew
post Feb 28 2021, 04:56 PM

Regular
1,126 posts

QUOTE(stupid1 @ Feb 28 2021, 03:49 PM)

travelling 70km per day,
save more fuel

Ativa AV RM74K (+ Insurance)
Fuel 18.9km/L (claimed)

Don't forget to calculate maintenance into budget.
Jay Chua CC
post Mar 1 2021, 08:36 AM

~Dont settle for good. Demand great~
5,907 posts

QUOTE(stupid1 @ Feb 28 2021, 03:49 PM)
Hi all, I'm planning to buy my first car but I have 0 knowledge in car 🤣. Can you all experts please advise which one is bets under this budget? My parents have been telling me to just buy Honda city or Toyota vios. I would like to hear more opinion for experts here. Thank you

1. Brand : unspecified
4. Specs : unspecified
5. Transmission : unspecified
7. Remarks : I'm travelling 70km per day, thinking of which car can save more fuel for travelling
that budget and new, its no brainer only vios and city
Mr Mercedes
post Mar 1 2021, 11:40 AM

Casual
392 posts

QUOTE(dogbert_chew @ Feb 28 2021, 04:56 PM)
Ativa AV RM74K (+ Insurance)
Fuel 18.9km/L (claimed)

Don't forget to calculate maintenance into budget.
Since it's your first car, and you have zero knowledge as mentioned, with a budget of up to RM80,000, a good starting point closest to the maximum budget would be the Toyota Vios, or a Myvi for a little more than half the budget.

Reason being that these cars are easy to maintain and gives you a proper understanding of car ownership. So long as you service the car on time, it should last you for 10-15 years with minimum fuss, plus these cars have a decent resale value when you progress in life and want to make an upgrade.

Other options include the Honda City, or Proton Iriz, and the Perodua Ativa. All decent choices.
dogbert_chew
post Mar 4 2021, 04:39 PM

Regular
1,126 posts

QUOTE(Hazim Ahmad @ Mar 3 2021, 12:25 PM)
Hi guys. Im in my second year of working after graduating Uni and I'm currently looking for a used/new car for my daily commute that's within the range of 30k to 50k pricetag. Appreciate it so much.
Best to follow format ni to give more info what you need

1. Brand :
2. Budget : RM30 to 50K
3. New/Used/Unreg :new/used
4. Specs :
5. Transmission :
6. Type :
7. Remarks : may include distance travelled daily, city or kampong, how many passengers max, what is priority - fc? Reliability? Top speed ? Need take loan?

Otherwise, someone like me just recommend new Axia. Murah, jimat, new car ada warranty, dont go fast. wink.gif

stupid1
post Mar 5 2021, 12:51 AM

Getting Started
111 posts

QUOTE(Mr Mercedes @ Mar 1 2021, 11:40 AM)
Since it's your first car, and you have zero knowledge as mentioned, with a budget of up to RM80,000, a good starting point closest to the maximum budget would be the Toyota Vios, or a Myvi for a little more than half the budget.

Reason being that these cars are easy to maintain and gives you a proper understanding of car ownership. So long as you service the car on time, it should last you for 10-15 years with minimum fuss, plus these cars have a decent resale value when you progress in life and want to make an upgrade.   

Other options include the Honda City, or Proton Iriz, and the Perodua Ativa. All decent choices.
Thanks for the reply! Appreciated. Actually I have tried to look-up some information regarding cars that is around rm85k and below sedan. Found out that almera, city and vios are in this range. I didn't opt to take vios because the torque NM is not high and the interior design of vios is less attractive than city and almera. I'm in dilemma to pick almera(mid spec) or city(V spec) due to various reason.

1. Nissan almera doesn't have android auto which is a bummer to me as I'm using Android phone. Unless I change the infotainment head unit. Another concern is if I change the head unit of the infotainment system, will it affect the hardware that use to control the infotainment system?

2. Nissan almera NVH is better than Honda city if travel speed less than 110km/h? Means if drive highway Honda city will be more quiet than almera?

3. Nissan almera need to be serviced every 7000km or every 6 months which is quite a hassle for me as I travel 70 km per day whereby Honda city is 10000km.

4. Comfortness between almera and Honda city? Which one is better

5. Almera looks ways better than city in terms of exterior and interior design.

6. I see most of the YouTube videos they all recommended to buy almera compared to city. I wonder why not the other way round 😅

Appreciate if anyone can enlighten me which these queries. Thank you 😊
Crocus_fern
post Mar 5 2021, 01:56 AM

Casual
302 posts

QUOTE(stupid1 @ Mar 5 2021, 12:51 AM)
Thanks for the reply! Appreciated. Actually I have tried to look-up some information regarding cars that is around rm85k and below sedan. Found out that almera, city and vios are in this range. I didn't opt to take vios because the torque NM is not high and the interior design of vios is less attractive than city and almera.  I'm in dilemma to pick almera(mid spec) or city(V spec) due to various reason.

1. Nissan almera doesn't have android auto which is a bummer to me as I'm using Android phone. Unless I change the infotainment head unit. Another concern is if I change the head unit of the infotainment system, will it affect the hardware that use to control the infotainment system?

2. Nissan almera NVH is better than Honda city if travel speed less than 110km/h? Means if drive highway Honda city will be more quiet than almera?

3. Nissan almera need to be serviced every 7000km or every 6 months which is quite a hassle for me as I travel 70 km per day whereby Honda city is 10000km.

6. I see most of the YouTube videos they all recommended to buy almera compared to city. I wonder why not the other way round 😅

People buy car is to reach destination A to B to be feel secure and safety as the utmost priority.. Many advanced safety features in new car nowadays to choose..

But some people prefer useful infotainment, high tech gadgets, reliability, less maintenance issue, comfortable, nvh and more.

Nissan's safety is the best among Vios and City, but the cons, its BRAND got tarnished badly with many feedbacks in previous car generations issues and not sure if this new design /architectural will be possible continuing xxx symptoms???

City's safety is the lesser among the 3x B car segment, imo, but got advanced high tech + useful gadgets, higher torque and Horse power. Brand wise is better than Nissan.

Vios is a balance between safety, comfortable,
Imo best in reliability due to NA engine and nvh. But the cons are ordinary gadgets and slightly price paid. Brand is a top tier worldwide for many decades.

Since your choice is to choose between Almera and City, I would recommend you to pick City.. I m not a risk taker and don't like to always go to Nissan service centre frequently for xxxx issues with previous nightmare car generation issues will hit?? Hope not..

Personally for me, reliability, BRAND and trust.. Higher horse power, nmh torque or turbo engine are not important.. Still can reach destination A to B, right? In feel secure and safety.

People life is extremely important. Hope that latest new car advanced safety will help to reduce fatality on the road. BRAND was built and gained through many many years, decades and it will not getting wrong overnight..

Go for City if you want to decide between Almera and City. Personally I will stick to Vios as above mentioned.

Edited : Test drive all these cars again and decide.
Note:-
Gadget and Infotainment can change to a better spec outside after market (Accessories shop), but not on nvh, engine reliability, safety and brand quality. Unless car is totally crush, Total lost, claim insurance and get replacement.

Among these latest cars, do you know what is the car is widely accepted + best selling in Msia Road in year 2021? If price wise, P1 and P2.. If non national car, see it yourself and decide.

This post has been edited by Crocus_fern: Mar 5 2021, 08:14 AM
Mr Mercedes
post Mar 5 2021, 12:13 PM

Casual
392 posts

QUOTE(stupid1 @ Mar 5 2021, 12:51 AM)
Thanks for the reply! Appreciated. Actually I have tried to look-up some information regarding cars that is around rm85k and below sedan. Found out that almera, city and vios are in this range. I didn't opt to take vios because the torque NM is not high and the interior design of vios is less attractive than city and almera.  I'm in dilemma to pick almera(mid spec) or city(V spec) due to various reason.

Yes. the new Almera looks better than the new City imho.

But please take note that the New Almera is using the Xtronic CVT, manufactured by JATCO (the previous Almera was running on a 4 speed auto, which was quite reliable). These CVT boxes don't have the best reputation in terms of reliability (according to Scotty Kilmer and numerous other automotive sites), but my friends who drive the current gen X-trial and Teana haven't complained about the CVT failing on them yet, so I guess it's really hit or miss.
Crocus_fern
post Mar 5 2021, 12:56 PM

Casual
302 posts

QUOTE(Mr Mercedes @ Mar 5 2021, 12:13 PM)
Yes. the new Almera looks better than the new City imho.

But please take note that the New Almera is using the Xtronic CVT, manufactured by JATCO (the previous Almera was running on a 4 speed auto, which was quite reliable). These CVT boxes don't have the best reputation in terms of reliability (according to Scotty Kilmer and numerous other automotive sites), but my friends who drive the current gen X-trial and Teana haven't complained about the CVT failing on them yet, so I guess it's really hit or miss.
Almera engine quality is cannot compare to X-trail and Teana.. Different car segment.

Personally and knew 3x Almera owners(vendor, friend and relative), reliability, hanky panky issues and brand.. Lost my trust infinitely on Nissan B segment from that day onwards.

But I knew 1x Teana owner, totally different class, awesome and good feedbacks. Premier class is a good choice but
Pay abt 80k price in Almera and expects premium quality??

340 Pages « < 255 256 257 258 259 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0255sec    0.53    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 05:17 AM