Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Announcement

We're having intermittent DNS issues, that should resolve itself shortly.

Bump TopicReply to this topicRSS feed Start new topic Start Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Plan to buy a NEW/USED car?(V3),, ASK HERE for recommendations

wateverjunk
post Jan 29 2019, 10:16 PM

Getting Started
Group: Junior Member

Honda Elysion 2009 vs Nissan Serena 2014
Any comments from forumers? Price is similar. Is it worth to get the bigger and more comfortable elysion compared to a newer by 5 years Serena that is slightly smaller

myteam94
post Jan 30 2019, 05:42 PM

Getting Started

1. Brand : BMW, E90 525i (facelift)
2. Budget : 70K-80K
3. New/Used/Unreg : USED
4. Specs : Full Spec
5. Transmission : new ZF 6-speeder
6. NA or FI : NA (2.5L)
7. Type : 5 seater.
8. Remarks : Clean car at least, pre-collision warning, new updated i-drive system.

Hi guys, I'm currently survey for E90 BMW 525i (facelifted model i think)

spec changes are:
1. new N53 engine (i'm looking at 2.5L model)
2. new ZF 6-speeder
3. Updated I-drive
4. pre-collision warning (i saw few model have this cars) or something like this

what do you gut think? i thought wanna take this car for 5yrs loan.
regular service about 1K correct? initial service probably range from 3K-5K (change EO, wear n tear, plus new tyres), this what i've gather from previous thread and online.

aris4696
post Feb 1 2019, 11:43 PM

Group: Newbie

1. Brand : Any (Not Local)
2. Budget : 50k
3. New/Used/Unreg : Any (Can loan up to between 5/7 Years)
4. Specs : Any
5. Transmission : Auto
6. NA or FI : Any
7. Type : Any
8. Remarks : Looking for a car that fast and good handling/NVH (Mostly driving on highway) Not too headache/ high cost on maintenance wise/Parts . Anything that value for money. Currently using 16 year old waja

Currently Looking at 2007 Mark X or IS250 but i don't think can get loan up to 7 years. How about Mazda 3, any issue?

This post has been edited by aris4696: Feb 2 2019, 09:25 AM
6UE5T
post Feb 4 2019, 03:54 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(aris4696 @ Feb 1 2019, 11:43 PM)
3. New/Used/Unreg : Any (Can loan up to between 5/7 Years)
7. Type : Any
8. Remarks : Looking for a car that fast and good handling/NVH (Mostly driving on highway) Not too headache/ high cost on maintenance wise/Parts . Anything that value for money. Currently using 16 year old waja

Currently Looking at 2007 Mark X or IS250 but i don't think can get loan up to 7 years. How about Mazda 3, any issue?
Mark X is a good choice, if you want to know more you can pm me coz I've been driving it for the last 7 years.
cyew86
post Feb 5 2019, 11:07 AM

oh my ...
Group: Senior Member

Considering either a used/demo unit Mazda 3 GVC (will wait till available in the market as most are pre-facelift model now) or a new Vios 2019

1. Brand : Mazda 3 or Toyota Vios 2019
2. Budget : Sub RM100k
3. New/Used/Unreg : Used for Mazda 3, new for Toyota Vios 2019
4. Specs : Full Spec
6. NA or FI : NA
7. Type : Sedan
8. Remarks : Weighed the pros and cons of both, but can't decide which is a better purchase now

Mazda 3:
+ More powerful 2.0 engine
+ Better design in and out - may be more suitable for old uncle like me
+ Good handling with GVC
+ While it is an old model, it still comes with a lot of goodies - lane departure warning, LED headlight, electric brake
- Used (wear and tear)
- Aged model (from 2014, and I know new 2019 model is coming but I am not willing to spend more than RM100k on a car)
- Higher maintenance cost
- Loan interest rate could be higher

Vios 2019:
+ More economical in term of fuel, road tax, maintenance, and G spec comes with solar and security tinting as well
+ Good NVH
+ Comfortable drive
+ More spacious rear seat
+ Newer model packed with all the bells and whistles - 360 camera, parking sensors, front cam, auto air-conditioning etc
- 1.5 engine (might feel like a downgrade), and reviews do mention that it is not meant for spirited drive
- Personally don't like the design in and out - too youthful, perhaps something that I'd like if I were 10 years younger
- Way less premium than Mazda 3 for the same price (though I know it is an unfair comparison as I am comparing a new B-segment vs a used C-segment, but I am looking purely from price point perspective)

zenix
post Feb 5 2019, 01:26 PM

Pirate Captain

QUOTE(thenazek @ Jan 27 2019, 02:47 PM)
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

Not too sure on this.
Previously before GST can be done.
Now no more GST but got SST v2.
Not too sure still can do own submission.
This forum is for discussion not tinder for buyer/seller.

QUOTE(Johnhun @ Jan 29 2019, 03:32 PM)

depends is it a proper loan from a financial institution like bank or credit facility (Aeon Credit, etc)?
or you getting an abang dududu loan?

QUOTE(wateverjunk @ Jan 29 2019, 10:16 PM)

Nissan showroom in Glenmarie was trying to clear a pre-facelift Serena (2016 i think) at 70k.
You might want to check that out if the cheaper price would make your decision easier.

QUOTE(myteam94 @ Jan 30 2019, 05:42 PM)

I think if you wait abit those recon F10's going to be at that price very soon.
Recon F10's unregistered are now getting cheaper from 180k to 150k/140k depending on spec, as F10's to import at good condition and margins are drying up I hear so they're moving on to G30's soon.

QUOTE(aris4696 @ Feb 1 2019, 11:43 PM)

2015 Renault Fluence - from your requirements this might be something suitable for you, the car uses the same engine, gearbox and most of the engineering bits from a Nissan Sylphy (because Renault & Nissan are under the same owners now) so maintenance wise it is cheap and cheerful like most Japanese C-segment cars but it has the added benefit of being European designed by Renault which gives it that solid euro interior and exterior, handling and slightly better NVH.

zenix
post Feb 5 2019, 01:48 PM

Pirate Captain

QUOTE(cyew86 @ Feb 5 2019, 11:07 AM)

Mazda 3:
You can't compare a Skyactiv 2.0 with a VVTI 1.5, any 2.0 is going to feel more powerful than any 1.5, heck even a 1.8 would already have a big difference.
Actually no, if you're an uncle you're better off with an Altis as the Mazda3 sits lower on the ground so if you're uncle with weak knees better not easy getting in/out.
Yes, but technology does have a cost when it comes to maintenance and since it is part of the car that takes alot of abuse from our "roti canai" roads, it might be exp.
The GVC facelift was introduced not too long ago, it won't be superseded with the latest model from Japan at least for a year.
There is a world of difference between the maintenance of a B-segment with a 1500-1600cc engine and C-segment with 1600cc-2200cc engine.

I'd say if you want full spec goodies on a car below 100k you can consider the Hyundai Elantra being cleared now for about 98k.
Though the same applies for maintenance, unless you want to void warranty, authorize service centers/3s not going to be cheap if you're coming from B-segment level.

Vios:
Good fuel economy is also code for "not powerful" of course car makers can get away with that with clever gear ratio's/gearbox (City) or electronics/accessories (turbo) or can totally fail making the car sluggish (Almera)
I'd say the NVH of the Vios is decent but not good, but you can improve it with aftermarket items.
Comfort usually equate to spaghetti-like feeling of the steering and the car, it isn't sharp, remember the Vios that banged into the CX5 at Penang? That's because of driver problem but the car setup didn't help.
Not too sure about that, as far as I recall only the Almera and City have extended their wheelbase so there is more legroom for the rear passengers.
Due to the rising cost of B-segment cars now Toyota is following what Honda did for the top spec City, making it worthy of being a replacement to a C-segment car.
You can't make comparisons like that because whats stopping someone from saying "why not consider 2014 Volvo V40 it is your price range what!" it is easier to compare apple to apple so that means for a Vios the comparisons would be Almera/City/Saga/Vento (B-segment sedan any spec) avoiding hatchbacks altogether.
cyew86
post Feb 5 2019, 02:46 PM

oh my ...

QUOTE(zenix @ Feb 5 2019, 01:48 PM)
[/spoiler]

Mazda 3:
You can't compare a Skyactiv 2.0 with a VVTI 1.5, any 2.0 is going to feel more powerful than any 1.5, heck even a 1.8 would already have a big difference.
Actually no, if you're an uncle you're better off with an Altis as the Mazda3 sits lower on the ground so if you're uncle with weak knees better not easy getting in/out.
Yes, but technology does have a cost when it comes to maintenance and since it is part of the car that takes alot of abuse from our "roti canai" roads, it might be exp.
The GVC facelift was introduced not too long ago, it won't be superseded with the latest model from Japan at least for a year.
There is a world of difference between the maintenance of a B-segment with a 1500-1600cc engine and C-segment with 1600cc-2200cc engine.

I'd say if you want full spec goodies on a car below 100k you can consider the Hyundai Elantra being cleared now for about 98k.
Though the same applies for maintenance, unless you want to void warranty, authorize service centers/3s not going to be cheap if you're coming from B-segment level.

Vios:
Good fuel economy is also code for "not powerful" of course car makers can get away with that with clever gear ratio's/gearbox (City) or electronics/accessories (turbo) or can totally fail making the car sluggish (Almera)
I'd say the NVH of the Vios is decent but not good, but you can improve it with aftermarket items.
Comfort usually equate to spaghetti-like feeling of the steering and the car, it isn't sharp, remember the Vios that banged into the CX5 at Penang? That's because of driver problem but the car setup didn't help.
Not too sure about that, as far as I recall only the Almera and City have extended their wheelbase so there is more legroom for the rear passengers.
Due to the rising cost of B-segment cars now Toyota is following what Honda did for the top spec City, making it worthy of being a replacement to a C-segment car.
You can't make comparisons like that because whats stopping someone from saying "why not consider 2014 Volvo V40 it is your price range what!" it is easier to compare apple to apple so that means for a Vios the comparisons would be Almera/City/Saga/Vento (B-segment sedan any spec) avoiding hatchbacks altogether.
Thanks for the clarification. I know it's not a fair comparison, I think I am just undecided between these 2 models right now, but I think from financial sense it's better to get a Vios despite the shortcomings mentioned. Thanks again for the time in clarifying smile.gif

Mattrock
post Feb 5 2019, 06:23 PM

Getting Started

2009 Mercedes W211 E200 Kompressor or 2009 W211 E280 3.0? Both around RM 60k.

Pros and cons please, other than the obvious road tax. Thanks.

CyanT
post Feb 7 2019, 03:06 PM

Regular

Hi guys, I am planning to buy a 7 seater for my family and business use (gonna carry some 300 kg of goods sometimes). I have recently tested the new Aruz and it's not too bad, but not exactly very good as well. So I'm wondering, is there any 2nd hand 7-seater MPV or SUV that's around the price of Aruz (80k) but is a better choice?

1. Brand : Prefer Japanese or Korean, need it to be reliable and relatively low maintenance
2. Budget : 80k
3. New/Used/Unreg : Any
7. Type : 7 seater MPV/SUV
8. Remarks : Currently I'm thinking about 2014 Nissan Serena or 2014 Mazda Biante, any better choices? Or is Aruz the one to go for?
6UE5T
post Feb 7 2019, 05:45 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(zenix @ Feb 5 2019, 01:26 PM)

2015 Renault Fluence - from your requirements this might be something suitable for you, the car uses the same engine, gearbox and most of the engineering bits from a Nissan Sylphy (because Renault & Nissan are under the same owners now) so maintenance wise it is cheap and cheerful like most Japanese C-segment cars but it has the added benefit of being European designed by Renault which gives it that solid euro interior and exterior, handling and slightly better NVH.
Fluence is much slower though than Mark X/IS250.
meisnicholas
post Feb 11 2019, 11:21 AM

Hi guys, planning to buy a good looking c sedan next year (2020). Currently leaning to design wise :
Civic 1.5T
Mazda3
Hyundai Elantra/Sonata
toyota mark X
Honda City
(roughly u get my taste biggrin.gif)

1. Brand : -
3. New/Used/Unreg : Used
8. Remarks : Prefer low maintainence cost, fuel , good driving experience
cyew86
post Feb 12 2019, 08:53 PM

oh my ...

QUOTE(meisnicholas @ Feb 11 2019, 11:21 AM)
Hi guys, planning to buy a good looking c sedan next year (2020). Currently leaning to design wise :
Civic 1.5T
Mazda3
Hyundai Elantra/Sonata
toyota mark X
Honda City
(roughly u get my taste biggrin.gif)

1. Brand : -
8. Remarks : Prefer low maintainence cost, fuel , good driving experience
Please share if you manage to get Civic 1.5T or Mazda 3 at 50k biggrin.gif

steevan1000
post Feb 13 2019, 09:04 AM

Casual

QUOTE(cyew86 @ Feb 12 2019, 08:53 PM)
Please share if you manage to get Civic 1.5T or Mazda 3 at 50k biggrin.gif
maybe over 10 y/o model can get that price biggrin.gif
asil66
post Feb 16 2019, 10:07 PM

Casual

2. Budget : 100k max
3. New/Used/Unreg : New
7. Type : Hatchback
8. Remarks : Looking for a car with good handling/Not too headache/ low cost on maintenance wise/Parts . Anything that is value for money.

Currently considering Kia Rio 3, Mazda 2 & Honda Jazz

Need advice / suggestions for comparisons cos I am noob in cars. Also should I buy now or wait till festive season promo? I saw some promo from dealers trying to push 2018 new cars at lower price point. Are these cars worth buying?
Deskihaoz
post Feb 17 2019, 02:12 AM

Any Car dealer out there would like to do loan arrangement for car sale? I'm going to get a used car K5 Optima 2013 with a direct owner....So I need a Car Dealer or whoever can help done these loan stuff...I can pay you guys the processing fee....Just pm me or drop me a msg Whatsapp at 014-3006196

timmychin
post Feb 17 2019, 11:36 PM

Getting Started

1. Brand : Any brand. Considering E90 320D
2. Budget : 50-60k
4. Remarks : Looking for a powerful car around the 50k mark and not too old till can't loan. Powerful as in less than 8 secs to 100km/h will be sufficient. Any recommendation?
mist8
post Feb 18 2019, 02:08 PM

Getting Started

1. Brand : Any
2. Budget : 40k
3. New/Used/Unreg : Any; if used, max 5 years old
4. Specs : 1.3 or 1.5
6. NA or FI : NA
7. Type : Good fc,
8. Remarks : Lady driving to and fro work, total 80km/ day. Was looking at new Myvi, used Prius C and used Swift.

Thank you.
k10n9
post Feb 18 2019, 07:36 PM

1. Brand - Mercedez Benz A250
2. Budget - Depends
3. New/Used/Unreg - Unreg or Used
4. Specs - Full specs
5. Transmission - Auto
6. NA or FI - FI
7. Type - Hatchback
8. Remarks - Facelift W176 model (2016-2017), if recon car - less than 10k mileage

Thinking of getting recon. Any comment, suggestion or advice would be appreciated.

Thank you

sembilan
post Feb 19 2019, 01:41 PM

On my way

Hello, was wondering if anyone can provide feedback on the following

1. Brand - VW (MK6 GTI, MK7 Golf 1.4, or Polo GTI) / Lexus (IS250, previous gen)/ Mazda 3 (previous generation)
2. Budget - Max 80k-ish
3. New/Used/Unreg - Used
4. Specs - Full specs
5. Transmission - Auto
6. NA or FI - Anything
7. Type - Hatchback/ Sedan
8. Remarks - Currently looking at these three options. Drove the IS250 before, but have no experience with the other three. I know VW's are more troublesome, but based on early readings, these are the somehow less problematic ones.

Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0888sec    1.63    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 21st February 2019 - 01:15 AM