1. Brand : CR-V
2. Budget : rm55k
3. New/Used/: used
4. Specs : SUV
5. Transmission : Auto/cvt
6. NA or FI : Any
7. Type :
8. Remarks : Third gen, year 2012

what should i worry if i purchase one of this https://www.mudah.my/2012+Honda+CR+V+2+0+A+...NT-70578822.htm

Thanks
ghodul
post Dec 18 2018, 04:17 PM

Ghodul + Shoei = GhoSho
Group: Senior Member

1. Brand : Anything
2. Budget : Maximum of MYR1500/mth
3. New/Used/Unreg : New
4. Specs : Anything
5. Transmission : Auto / CVT /DCT
6. NA or FI : Anything
7. Type : C Segment (Sedan or SUV)
8. Remarks : Preferable can full loan and delivery before CNY. And strictly no Proton CFE + PunchPowertrain combo. Had enuff with my mom Iriz..

TBH, I already book Proton X70 loan already approve for 115k (Exec 2WD, full loan). Then suddenly the SA says that kenot full loan due to car is CBU (got custom clearance). So now i left with no option.

Reason why i wanna go full loan is my wife is pregnant and her due date is on early March 2019. I would prefer to keep the cash for her delivery and the baby as well. I am now currently car-less as my Mitsubishi Galant Super Touring 1984 (My car since uni days) just failed on me and i can't find any spare parts for that car anymore. As for now, I'm on GRAB or SOCAR for my wife's checkup, shopping and everything. Its been since August...

Hope that you guys can suggest me anything as I am clueless now
zenix
post Dec 18 2018, 11:31 PM

Pirate Captain

QUOTE(Capt. Furuno @ Dec 17 2018, 05:12 PM)
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

Vios, City, Almera and Vento are B-segment cars. Among them the interior space of the Vios is the smallest so if you're doing long distance driving with your family if children at the back should be fine but older than 10 probably there isn't enough headroom even if only 2 people at the back. City and

Almera is a much more modern stretched rear design (like a limo) even if front driver/passenger put the seat all the way to the back there is plenty of legroom at the rear. The Almera has a benefit of wider opening rear doors for easy in/out for passengers, also old people that tend to knock their head when trying to squeeze in tight door openings, however due to the functionality + space the design is quite ugly, coupled with older technology engine and gearbox (4 speed autobox) it is quite sluggish however if you're not a fast driver that's fine the engine and gearbox is a solid one and cheap to maintain however Almera does have quality issues with random mysterious sounds coming from out of the blue and sub-par NVH.

City has the benefit of this stretched design however their designers managed to still make the car quite sporty and handsome looking (especially with the OEM bodykit), if you get the higher spec version it is in my opinion a good replacement for a C-segment car as it has good performance, comfort, space, and features. Generally, of course better technology and parts if anything needs replacement it is going to cost abit to replace but Honda stuff are pretty reliable so if you don't get a lemon it is quite cheap to maintain.

Vento has two models (1.2TSI + 7AT DSG) & (1.6MPI + 6AT box), the latter is more reliable and cheaper to maintain but of course once you test drive the 1.2TSI the 1.6MPI is going to feel slow and boring. Despite claims by VW on fixing the TSI and DSG issues I do still have my reservations thus I only recommend the Passat 1.8TSI because in my opinion if you get those below 100k and it isn't very old it is a steal because the features and technology is same as a 200k car but depreciated to below 100k due to the scandal, so for something like THIS I think yeah if got some issues which is solvable it is still worth it because other than that it is quite well built plus it is way more reliable and cheaper to upkeep than any French or Italian conti. So if you're pennywise the 1.6MPI is the way to go. Size wise it doesn't have the stretched rear like the duo above but overall it is bigger than the Vios and Mazda2 so it is more livable for long distance driving, plus conti cars feel very solid to be inside and drive (especially highways) you just have to drive it to feel the difference.

Sylphy is C-segment but except for larger space I would say it is quite "kosong" in terms of specs and features. Probably the worst safety feature of any C-segment car in our market now, ever notice Tan Chong doesn't really push this model much anymore and not many on the road (even for the nicer looking facelift)? Unless you really get a good deal for this I'd advise to stay away as the CVT is finicky and has a tendency to fail.

2012 Toyota Axio - just incase you're interested this is the "sushi" version of the Vios (tomyam). Dimensions are more or less the same but the Axio has a slightly larger boot. It is recon Japan so the material quality is better than Vios however do shop around although not many recon sellers carry it if you see the condition isn't good just walk away. I just thought you'll be interested since it is something different. Uses same engine and gearbox as Vios so dun worry about parts, heck most of the parts and even doors can be taken from Vios except the front and rear lights.

user posted image

QUOTE(taranjit @ Dec 18 2018, 04:11 AM)

It is 2000cc so it is the 2WD model.
Since it doesn't have 4WD less likely another part got problem.
So it is pretty much an Accord in SUV body.
Not much issues with the engine and gearbox from this generation.
Do test drive and see the condition of the car.
Maybe it is shiny outside because washed but inside the plastics can open and close properly.....any rubberized parts like sticky or melted....etc.

QUOTE(ghodul @ Dec 18 2018, 04:17 PM)

Here is my advise.
Don't throw away the approval for 115k, you can transfer it to another car/brand/salesman.
Don't worry that can settle, the difficult part is approval from bank and government agencies.
Since you already booked Proton X70 you're not abhorrent about China cars?
You can switch to Haval H2, spec wise it has everything and more except maybe the Google Assistant voice command head unit from X70.

user posted image

steevan1000
post Dec 19 2018, 12:09 PM

Casual
Group: Junior Member

planning for new car to support a growing family

1. Brand : any
2. Budget : max 100k
3. New/Used/Unreg : any (max 5 y/o if used or old model)
4. Specs : any
5. Transmission : prefer Manual
6. NA or FI : any
7. Type : prefer MPV / SUV (suitable as family car of at least 5 persons)
8. Remarks : mostly for daily inner city drive, occasional cross state long travel up to 5 times a year (about 600km - 1300km per round trip)

many thanks for sifus
SkyCaptain
post Dec 21 2018, 10:49 PM

Getting Started

@zenix and other sifus, what do you think of a 2013 Ford Focus ST as a daily driver? What are the usual known problems of this model? Any major concerns against ownership?
zenix
post Dec 22 2018, 11:48 AM

Pirate Captain

QUOTE(steevan1000 @ Dec 19 2018, 12:09 PM)

iinm the only manual mpv/suv available nowadays in our market would be the toyota innova

QUOTE(SkyCaptain @ Dec 21 2018, 10:49 PM)

if it wasn't trashed by the previous owner it is a good car.
powerful but it is front wheel drive so you need to update your torque steer correcting game, due to this your front tires will bald very fast so make sure to get a cheap supplier that won't slash you.
also parts for ford cars in general are expensive so you'll be spending a few k if anything needs replacement.
my ex kelig fiesta over heat problem lead to a rm3k bill.
SkyCaptain
post Dec 22 2018, 12:13 PM

Getting Started

What do you think of the GDI engine's carbon buildup problem? Is this a big problem? I'm just a layman. Wouldn't want to buy and then be saddled with downtime for a daily driver. I drive pretty aggressively these days.

QUOTE(zenix @ Dec 22 2018, 11:48 AM)
if it wasn't trashed by the previous owner it is a good car.
powerful but it is front wheel drive so you need to update your torque steer correcting game, due to this your front tires will bald very fast so make sure to get a cheap supplier that won't slash you.
also parts for ford cars in general are expensive so you'll be spending a few k if anything needs replacement.
my ex kelig fiesta over heat problem lead to a rm3k bill.
zenix
post Dec 23 2018, 11:09 PM

Pirate Captain

QUOTE(SkyCaptain @ Dec 22 2018, 12:13 PM)
What do you think of the GDI engine's carbon buildup problem? Is this a big problem? I'm just a layman. Wouldn't want to buy and then be saddled with downtime for a daily driver. I drive pretty aggressively these days.
generally i'm not impressed with GDI engines
since i first one i experience in the mitsubishi lancer cedia i felt the balance between performance & fuel efficiency vs your time & money is off.
in my opinion if you want a manual which you can drive really hard and don't have to worry about reliability would be a Honda Type R.

2011 Civic FN2R - these are import only from Europe and although they're beautiful the internals are not as good the FD2R as it has inferior rear suspension and engine power output, also that round rear glass is going to be expensive to replace if broken. Other than that it is a solid car plus the unique design will stand the test of time, buy one today and nobody will know it is an almost 10 years old model.

2005 Civic EP3 - the first Civic Type-R to carry the K20 engine, it is a rare and sought after car, as you can see the price has went up abit as they used to be traded in the 60k region now because of rarity it cost an extra 20k. Mechanically sound but hopefully the current owner didn't trash it too much.

2010 Civic FD2R - this is the model to get, if you like to troll people this is the car to do it, basically looks so very gentleman from the outside -- there are stock standard 1.8 and 2.0 with more ganas bodykit -- but this car will eat most cars on our roads unless an AWD turbo monster like Evo / STI smell your ass or a supercar.....else all other cars gonna get smoked.

SkyCaptain
post Dec 23 2018, 11:48 PM

Getting Started

Thank you for your time and input, zenix.

QUOTE(zenix @ Dec 23 2018, 11:09 PM)

SkyCaptain
post Dec 23 2018, 11:48 PM

Getting Started

Thank you for your time and input, zenix.

QUOTE(zenix @ Dec 23 2018, 11:09 PM)

jie103
post Dec 24 2018, 04:37 PM

Getting Started

1. Brand :
2. Budget : 100k to 120k
3. New/Used/: new or used or recon
4. Specs : 
5. Transmission : 
6. NA or FI : NA
7. Type : Sedan
8. Remarks : currently driving sonata yf 2000cc since 2010.

Any car to recommend at budget 100k to 120k. Prefer D segment. On my lists used Camry hybrid/ used accord/used lexus Es250

Asus
post Dec 25 2018, 11:21 PM

VXR 200

Can someone comment on the 7th gen accord..particularly the 2.4 model..its year 2005 and what should i look for besides normal wear and tear..thanks
ultra_nyamuk
post Dec 26 2018, 10:29 PM

Regular

Hi.. i saw some 2015, 2016 Mazda 6 2.0 and some 2.5 selling at around 80-90k.. which i feel is quite low price. Any issue with these models that make the price so low ? Sometimes almost the same price as mazda 3...which should be lower end.
zenix
post Dec 27 2018, 02:00 AM

Pirate Captain

QUOTE(SkyCaptain @ Dec 23 2018, 11:48 PM)

you're welcomed! rclxms.gif

QUOTE(jie103 @ Dec 24 2018, 04:37 PM)

ES250 is a notch higher than the Camry and Accord.
The proper competitors would be Camry = Accord = Teana = Mark X = IS250 = 3-series = C-class
ES250 is just the smallest engine variant of something which is supposed to compete with 5series and E-class.
I think if you want JDM quality and premium d-segment go for either the Mark X or IS250, but IS250 facelift won't be within your budget and the one before looks kinda dated so better shoot for Mark X can still get just 1 generation behind what's at Japan now.
That is if you're looking for something safe, but since you've been using a Sonata I'm guessing you've a risk appetite if the car is right? brows.gif

2015 Infiniti Q50 - very exclusive car, not many on our roads but very powerful and of course it is reliable too. It's exclusivity is a double edge sword for people that dunno the brand they might think it is a new car and can't guess it's age even in a few years from now but they won't know it's a premium brand. For people that know what an Infiniti is will probably bust your balls for not buying a BMW 3-series, Merc C-Class or Lexus.

2011 Jaguar XF - this put's you ahead of Mercs and BMWs. Malaysian market only has the 3000cc variant although the 4000cc variant is more common in Europe.

QUOTE(Asus @ Dec 25 2018, 11:21 PM)

Decent enough model.
Honda makes decent engines but always turn it on and see where it idles from cold start then after 1-2mins after engine warm up the rpm needle is stable or fluctuating.
Try out the gearboxes as Honda gearboxes tend to be on the flimsy side (compared to Toyota but still much better than Nissan/Mitsubishi from whats available locally). Go from P to D then R, etc. Try it and feel any jerk or shudder.

QUOTE(ultra_nyamuk @ Dec 26 2018, 10:29 PM)

Malaysian market is very roadtax centric.
e.g. Toyota Harrier 2000cc @ 60k but the 3500cc variant is only 39k laugh.gif
The Mazda6 2500cc is cheaper than the 2000cc eventhough it is better spec because generally Malaysians rather be stingy on a few bucks when renew roadtax than buy a better car laugh.gif
Also generally the perception is the higher the segment the more expensive to maintain, this is yes/no depending on your skill/effort. If you able to find good workshops that don't overcharge it is good, else it can become a moneypit that's why going for C-segment cars while D-segment can be bought for the same amount of money is a thing due to C-segment not being premium/luxury so parts ceiling will be lower than D-segments.

jie103
post Dec 27 2018, 04:52 AM

Getting Started

[quote=zenix,Dec 27 2018, 02:00 AM]
[/spoiler]

you're welcomed! rclxms.gif

[/spoiler]

The proper competitors would be Camry = Accord = Teana = Mark X = IS250 = 3-series = C-class
ES250 is just the smallest engine variant of something which is supposed to compete with 5series and E-class.
I think if you want JDM quality and premium d-segment go for either the Mark X or IS250, but IS250 facelift won't be within your budget and the one before looks kinda dated so better shoot for Mark X can still get just 1 generation behind what's at Japan now.
That is if you're looking for something safe, but since you've been using a Sonata I'm guessing you've a risk appetite if the car is right? brows.gif

2015 Infiniti Q50 - very exclusive car, not many on our roads but very powerful and of course it is reliable too. It's exclusivity is a double edge sword for people that dunno the brand they might think it is a new car and can't guess it's age even in a few years from now but they won't know it's a premium brand. For people that know what an Infiniti is will probably bust your balls for not buying a BMW 3-series, Merc C-Class or Lexus.

2011 Jaguar XF - this put's you ahead of Mercs and BMWs. Malaysian market only has the 3000cc variant although the 4000cc variant is more common

Infiniti Q50 seems not a bad choice but how about its spare parts?
Mark x V6 is smooth but high fuel consumption
I am looking into easy maintain & get the parts thats

ultra_nyamuk
post Dec 27 2018, 05:08 PM

Regular

QUOTE(zenix @ Dec 27 2018, 02:00 AM)
[/spoiler]

you're welcomed!  rclxms.gif

[/spoiler]

That is if you're looking for something safe, but since you've been using a Sonata I'm guessing you've a risk appetite if the car is right?  brows.gif

2011 Jaguar XF - this put's you ahead of Mercs and BMWs. Malaysian market only has the 3000cc variant although the 4000cc variant is more common in Europe.

[/spoiler]

Decent enough model.
Honda makes decent engines but always turn it on and see where it idles from cold start then after 1-2mins after engine warm up the rpm needle is stable or fluctuating.
Try out the gearboxes as Honda gearboxes tend to be on the flimsy side (compared to Toyota but still much better than Nissan/Mitsubishi from whats available locally). Go from P to D then R, etc. Try it and feel any jerk or shudder.

[/spoiler]

Malaysian market is very roadtax centric.
e.g. Toyota Harrier 2000cc @ 60k but the 3500cc variant is only 39k  laugh.gif
The Mazda6 2500cc is cheaper than the 2000cc eventhough it is better spec because generally Malaysians rather be stingy on a few bucks when renew roadtax than buy a better car  laugh.gif
Also generally the perception is the higher the segment the more expensive to maintain, this is yes/no depending on your skill/effort. If you able to find good workshops that don't overcharge it is good, else it can become a moneypit that's why going for C-segment cars while D-segment can be bought for the same amount of money is a thing due to C-segment not being premium/luxury so parts ceiling will be lower than D-segments.
Thanks.. i did thought of the Roadtax price. Its not an issue to me. On that note, would you recommend Mazda 6 2.0 2015/2016 ? It fits my budget of 80-90k. Currently driving 208 hatch 2013. Want to upgrade bigger and more powerful car. Im doing sales..so i drive distances everyday..so need to be quite reliable as well. My 208 normal svc costs 500, major 1.2k.

If not any other good suggestions?
missmataleo
post Dec 27 2018, 07:40 PM

Getting Started

Guys, any recommendation on golf tsi mk7? The secondhand price quite tempting. Any big issues regarding this car? Maybe the maintenance is expensive or anything. Mind to share ya
aaronwky
post Dec 28 2018, 02:09 AM

1. Brand : Any
2. Budget : 35K +-
3. New/Used/: Used
4. Specs : Safety featured as I traveled back to hometown once in a while
5. Transmission : Auto
6. NA or FI :
7. Type : Sedan
8. Remarks : I am eyeing at year 2015-2016 VW Sedan Polo at Mudah.my that has few options in my budget range. However I need Sifu opinion whether I should go for VW/Continental Car as recommended by my friends or any recommended brands? Imma in mid life crisis with my current car keep breaking down and parents keep pushing me to buy a car. Help!
aaronwky
post Dec 28 2018, 02:09 AM

Also another questions:

Why is VW cars year 2015-2016 price varies so much compared to other brands (Honda,Toyota,etc) in the same year?

This post has been edited by aaronwky: Dec 28 2018, 02:12 AM
zenix
post Dec 28 2018, 02:11 AM

Pirate Captain

QUOTE(jie103 @ Dec 27 2018, 04:52 AM)

Infiniti upkeep would be about the same as say BMW 3-series, Merc CLA/C-Class, Audi A4, etc.
If you're worried about fuel consumption and parts issue but don't mind being just another boring blank car on the road, a typical Camry would do.
Camry, Accord or Perdana are good enough for overall use but Mark X, Lexus IS250, Infiniti Q50 are all a notch above in premiumness.
But if you want high-end and cost effective then opt for the Mark X or IS250.

QUOTE(ultra_nyamuk @ Dec 27 2018, 05:08 PM)

My suggestion is just get a beater car for your salesman job, a Myvi is decent enough in terms of safety, low fuel consumption and cheap to maintain, should be less than RM150-200 per regular service, and RM600-800 for major service.

Then you save abit more for a nice fun and nice car for the weekends.

2013 Honda N-One S660 - cute and rare, probably just a handful of this in the entirety of Malaysia, grab one, the price is bound to go up in the next 5 years. It runs on the new S660 engine which is small, efficient and powerful. Doesn't cost much to maintain but although it is Kancil sized don't expect Kancil-like bills when maintaining this car because all parts for it are imported (even OEM or compatibles) so expect it to cost you as much as a Vios to maintain.

2014 BMW 116i - if you want something abit more flashy then this is something you should look out for, the 116 isn't too bad especially as a low mileage second car. The main reason it sucks is because it is the entry level to buy a BMW for those that want to gaya, but end up abit frustrated because as with any car brand you buy the lowest spec will feel ordinary (especially after buy oredi feel gungho wanna go join car club -- then kena poison see sempai with high-spec or modified cars), then using it everyday, abusing it and sometimes skipping service because funds low. These are kereta manja so cannot treat it like a beater car. Give it good TLC it will treat you well -- only on the weekends laugh.gif

QUOTE(missmataleo @ Dec 27 2018, 07:40 PM)

i'd usually recommend skipping the Golf TSI and just go directly for the GTI.
more powerful, better equipment, better resale value, better reliability.

189 Pages « < 168 169 170 171 172 > » Top

Bump Topic Add ReplyOptions New Topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0834sec    1.35    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 27th June 2019 - 12:23 AM