Group: Senior Member

1. Brand : Any
2. Budget : 50k
3. New/Used/Unreg : Any
4. Specs : Any
5. Transmission : Any
6. NA or FI : Preferably NA
7. Type : Any
8. Remarks : Not too high cost on maintenance wise. Anything that value for money within that price range.
jie103
post Dec 29 2018, 11:21 PM

Group: Junior Member

[quote=zenix,Dec 28 2018, 02:11 AM]
[/spoiler]

Infiniti upkeep would be about the same as say BMW 3-series, Merc CLA/C-Class, Audi A4, etc.
If you're worried about fuel consumption and parts issue but don't mind being just another boring blank car on the road, a typical Camry would do.
Camry, Accord or Perdana are good enough for overall use but Mark X, Lexus IS250, Infiniti Q50 are all a notch above in premiumness.
But if you want high-end and cost effective then opt for the Mark X or IS250.

[/spoiler]

I was thinking of ES250 which is 120k or new accord 2.0.
How about 2ndhand mazda 6 in terms of maintainance & parts?

zenix
post Dec 30 2018, 12:47 AM

Pirate Captain

QUOTE(ultra_nyamuk @ Dec 29 2018, 01:19 PM)
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

I think such a banger would be more suitable to your current taste and needs.
It's basic safety stuff like airbags, ABS/EBD brakes, VSC stability control, etc. puts it about the same as current cars, except newer cars now have better body rigidity due to advancements in metallurgy and cool new tech like blindspot detector, lane dparture warning, pedestrian airbags, etc. but without them isn't a big deal for me.
I'm sure being a C-segment it is going to be more comfortable than a 208, and of course upkeep should be about the same or slightly less.

When you get the 90-100k for a fun car, do check out Honda S660 devil.gif
Do not open if you don't want to be poisoned.

QUOTE(game4life @ Dec 29 2018, 08:22 PM)

2014 Toyota Prius 1.8 - generally this would be a good deal as hybrid cars are usually the highest quality CBU cars with the best materials and technology of the time, and getting it at a huge discount is a big plus since this is still a c-segment car. However, I've recently learnt a few things about hybrid cars. In any normal car the whole electric system is based on 12v (the cigarette lighter hole) but the electrics on the hybrid systems run anywhere between 100-200v and Toyota's has a feature to bump it up to 600v for additional power. Current this high is of course fatal but don't worry they're well made so of course you won't get electrocuted in the car but because of the high voltage danger most workshops won't dare touch the car if anything goes wrong with the hybrid system so going back to 3s for an old car is going to be expensive......also i've heard in America there were cases firemen didn't help crash victims of hybrid cars for fear of electrocution. sos cili + budu

2016 Renault Fluence 2.0 - this is one of those diamonds in the rough that people usually didn't notice, this car is basically a reskin version of the Nissan Sylphy. I think this car brings the best of both worlds, the European comfort, handling and styling with Japanese engineering, reliability and cheap maintenance. People in general still think Renault makes awful cars in terms of reliability but the newer cars coming from the Renault-Nissan group have Renault cars designed by Renault but underneath all the engineering bits are Japanese so it is very solid. True for the latest Koleos and Fluence, other models not yet. Good news is resale value for this car now is terrible because of the fact above but for a used car buyer it is a big value buy.

QUOTE(jie103 @ Dec 29 2018, 11:21 PM)
I was thinking of ES250 which is 120k or new accord 2.0.
How about 2ndhand mazda 6 in terms of maintainance & parts?
There is a reason why the ES250 is relatively cheaper than the IS250.
Of all the ES variants the ES250 has the smallest engine displacement, and for it's size it is quite underpowered, it is okay if you're a slow and smooth driver. But if you're like me and have a heavy foot, this isn't the car for your style.
Secondly, it uses the 2AZ-FE which is quite a common engine and you'd easily find parts for it however it isn't without problems (see spoiler).
For the rest of the car like bumpers, doors, glass, etc. can be purchased from the local Lexus dealership at exorbitant prices or go shopping around chop shops for a deal (which is unlikely if it is your primary and only car if it breaks down, you're left to whatever price the workshop quotes).

Mazda6 parts would be slightly more expensive then Accord/Camry (of course!) but are still cheaper than any conti brand so people driving around in Mitsubishi Lancer Sportsback, Suzuki Kizashi, etc. would be in a similar position to you. Also the 2500cc variant is higher spec, CBU and cheaper to buy (or around same price) but the 2000cc is more common so parts for that model is more varied and in turn cheaper and easier to find.

Here is the excerpt from Wiki.

doflamingo1680
post Jan 1 2019, 12:22 PM

Group: Newbie

Hi, I want to buy secondhand car. Any suggestion?
1. Any brand
2. Budget around 30k-40k (less better)
3. Transmission Auto
4. Prefer sedan
5. Year made 2012-2014
6. Cheap maintenance
7. Easy sparepart
8. Can loan up to 7yrs
kithuei
post Jan 2 2019, 01:45 AM

1. Brand = Merc, BMW, Range Rover
2. Budget = RM200K
3. Used/Unreg
4. Transmission = Automatic

Currently in mind = BMW 528i and Range Rover Evoque. Need some suggestions and advice.

adamhzm90
post Jan 2 2019, 10:46 PM

Enthusiast

Is the civic fb 2.0 any good?
cr0n05
post Jan 5 2019, 06:37 PM

Found passat b8 pre reg price is so tempting. Conti premium car @c segment price. May I know if the 1.8(CL) version still have the infamous mecha issue?
How was the maintenance cost compared to japs d or c segment sedan?
6UE5T
post Jan 5 2019, 11:51 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(game4life @ Dec 29 2018, 08:22 PM)
1. Brand : Any
2. Budget : 50k
3. New/Used/Unreg : Any
4. Specs : Any
5. Transmission : Any
6. NA or FI : Preferably NA
7. Type : Any
8. Remarks : Not too high cost on maintenance wise. Anything that value for money within that price range.
Toyota Mark X
Macau
post Jan 7 2019, 07:22 AM

Getting Started

Thinking of buying an older Porsche Cayenne S.
Are there any issues with these vehicles?
mdziaf
post Jan 7 2019, 07:28 PM

QUOTE(Macau @ Jan 7 2019, 07:22 AM)
Thinking of buying an older Porsche Cayenne S. 
Are there any issues with these vehicles?
Any particular reasons you are after the Cayenne? Specific features etc that you are after? If not in general its an ok car, just maintenance wise you have to be ready.

If not mistaken it was 5k just to fix a key fob issue.
Macau
post Jan 7 2019, 08:27 PM

Getting Started

No particular reason, just that Porsche is my childhood dream car.

I can't afford to own its newer/other models, however I still have some spare money to "capricious" fulfilling this childhood dream.
Louis90
post Jan 7 2019, 08:39 PM

QUOTE(Macau @ Jan 7 2019, 08:27 PM)
No particular reason, just that Porsche is my childhood dream car.

I can't afford to own its newer/other models, however I still have some spare money to "capricious" fulfilling this childhood dream.
Which one are you interested in? The first gen or second gen? Second gen is quite old too.
shmiad
post Jan 8 2019, 06:10 AM

Getting Started

Hi, is it advisable to get 2011 model of kia sportage?

Any major issue on this model?
Deskihaoz
post Jan 8 2019, 04:51 PM

1. Brand - Kia K5 Optima
2. Budget 50 - 70k
3. Used
4. Specs - Any
5. Transmission. Auto
6. NA or FI ?
7. Type. D Segment
8. Remarks - Am thinking on k5 optima 2012-2013 pre Facelift and 2014 onwards Facelift...Can any Sifus suggest or advise me any differences between this two generation of car?

Thanks in advanced!!!
zenix
post Jan 12 2019, 11:18 PM

Pirate Captain

QUOTE(doflamingo1680 @ Jan 1 2019, 12:22 PM)

2014 Proton Inspira 2.0P - this is a good example of what you should look for, a stock standard car in good condition. 2014 is a good year about 5 years ago, not too old for a decently made car. You won't find Mitsubishi Lancers at this age and price, it is a good deal. Maintenance wise you can use parts from Lancers and because it is a internationally sold model you can get cheap price from anywhere not just proton so prices are competitive.

2012 Toyota Altis 1.8G - if you're worried about Proton badge then you can consider Toyota's, eventhough older by 2 years they're usually made to last so it is fine as long as you get one that hasn't been abused.

QUOTE(kithuei @ Jan 2 2019, 01:45 AM)

If you're worried about parts price and availability then any Merc or BMW will be better than any Range Rover.
However comparin SUV's from Merc and BMW against Range Rover will be unfair as the Evoque is class leading.
BMW F10 528i is dated but is well received and lesser issues than 3-series.
Looks wise layman can't tell an F10 from G10 so it's okay, as long as you buying recon can get new number plate people will think it is new.

QUOTE(adamhzm90 @ Jan 2 2019, 10:46 PM)

Yes it is, relatively unloved after the successful FD but it is a competent car.

QUOTE(cr0n05 @ Jan 5 2019, 06:37 PM)

The latest facelifts should have rectified this problem via maintenance and software upgrades.
The original price of the car is near 200k so you should expect it's maintenance within cars of that range.
Service center prices will of course be expensive, outside workshops can be spotty, best to join passat car clubs and get to know the trusty workshops within your area.
However, it is surely going to be more expensive to maintain than most Japanese D-segments.
We have to be realistic all the extra power, comfort, safety equipment, etc. will cost you one way or another, Honda Accord/Toyota Camry are quite "kosong" so of course cheaper to maintain.

QUOTE(Macau @ Jan 7 2019, 07:22 AM)

Recon they're quite expensive but used they're dirt cheap under 80k, however the main issue i heard from people is maintenance is expensive.
If you can spend at least RM1000 per replacement tire then it's within your means.
Also because it is a turbo car they usually wear tires fast.
And because it is a Porsche, it won't make do with cap ayam tires.
So the main issue is lack of money for most people.

zenix
post Jan 12 2019, 11:22 PM

Pirate Captain

QUOTE(shmiad @ Jan 8 2019, 06:10 AM)

How desperate are you?
Is it because of the price or there is a specific reason to choose this model.

QUOTE(Deskihaoz @ Jan 8 2019, 04:51 PM)

Please click here.

OverweightCrab
post Jan 13 2019, 12:17 PM

Hello sifu2 sekalian, asking for recommendation

1. Brand - any
2. Budget - < 10k (buying cash)
3. New/Used/Unreg - used
4. Specs - any
5. Transmission. - any
6. NA or FI ? - dont know about this tongue.gif imma noob. guess any
7. Type. - any
8. Remarks. - just for simple commute (everyday < 40km), and weekend groceries shopping, 2 person, i don't really have good knowledge about cars biggrin.gif
probably using cars for max for 2-3 years
gekizan
post Jan 13 2019, 06:00 PM

Getting Started

hi guys. just want to ask. my friends selling a recon car at KL. he offer me honda stream 1.8 rsz 2012 unreg price around RM60k.

considered a good deal or not on 2019?
Lochynessie
post Jan 14 2019, 01:02 AM

1. Honda/perodua

2. 50 - 90k

3. New/Used

4. 1.5 (Perodua)/ 1.5 TC (Civic)

5. Remarks:
I am planning to buy a car by the beginning of 2020 and I am torn between a new myvi or a used civic. I have been following the price of used civic (typically 2016-2017 with 70k mileage) online and it ranges from 85-100k. So my first question is what is a reasonable market price for a civic l have just mentioned, given that the prices online are usually the ideal price for car dealers only. And how much will the civic costs by 2020.

Also if I am going to buy the civic I will have to take a 30-40k loan (5 years) depending on the price of the civic. My pay is around 4.5k. Financially, is it wise to take up the loan with this salary?

The alternative is of course the myvi, which I will probably be able to buy it without getting a loan.

Primarily why I am considering the civic is because I enjoy driving. I have driven both cars and I really like the civic and how it looks. If I get the civic I will probably keep it longer than the myvi.

Thank you for all your input. biggrin.gif

Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.1025sec    6.94    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 16th January 2019 - 04:14 PM