Group: Newbie

QUOTE(Moss_Guy @ Nov 14 2018, 07:45 PM)
1. Brand - Any
2. Budget - 30k (max. at 35k)
3. Used/Unreg
4. Specs - Any
5. Transmission. - Auto
6. Type - Any
7. Remarks - Daily usage, mainly for city driving, KL-Ipoh once a month (cruising at speed limit tongue.gif ). Average fc is acceptable and maintenance wise.

Currently looking at used iriz 1.3 and new saga exec. 1.3. Any other cars worth mentioning? Used polo 1.6?
If you dont mind a hybrid - a used Honda Insight would be in your budget. Very frugal and comfortable to drive.

If not mistaken a used Myvis are also in that price range..maybe you can have a look at that.
suckermos
post Nov 15 2018, 11:18 AM

Group: Junior Member

1. Brand - Any
2. Budget - 100k (max at RM130k)
3. New/Used
4. Specs - Any
5. Transmission. - Auto
6. Type - Any
7. Remarks - Daily usage, mainly for city driving, main point is fuel saving.

Currently looking at Mazda 3 or cx3, am driving new subaru XV but it's RM700/month for my fuel, plan to buy a new car and change with my wife.
Jay Chua CC
post Nov 16 2018, 09:05 AM

~Dont settle for good. Demand great~
Group: Senior Member

QUOTE(suckermos @ Nov 15 2018, 11:18 AM)
1. Brand - Any
2. Budget - 100k (max  at RM130k)
3. New/Used
4. Specs - Any
5. Transmission. - Auto
6. Type - Any
7. Remarks - Daily usage, mainly for city driving, main point is fuel saving.

Currently looking at Mazda 3 or cx3, am driving new subaru XV but it's RM700/month for my fuel, plan to buy a new car and change with my wife.
Your journey approximately how many km per day?
cse.my
post Nov 16 2018, 12:56 PM

Getting Started

Perodua alza SE or ADVANCE? which more pratical? New car
zenix
post Yesterday, 03:47 AM

Pirate Captain

QUOTE(Jay Chua CC @ Nov 13 2018, 09:18 AM)
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

it is the pocket friendly solution.
older mazda2 for me no point, might as well go for vios/myvi if you want to save money and less headache.
older mazda2 no performance benefits and doesn't look nice either.

QUOTE(shaniandras2787 @ Nov 13 2018, 09:55 AM)

depends on the location.
if you're serious to buy one i'll setup a meeting with a friend of mine to get you the best deal.
few benefits of premium selection vs used is you'll get the bmw white card, you get bmw credit (lower than used car interest rates for loan, similar to new car rates), extended warranty.
you buy from your friend you're paying cash?
i dunno how SST era but GST era cannot apply loan to buy car for private car sale.

QUOTE(Mattrock @ Nov 13 2018, 06:49 PM)

2009 Toyota Vanguard 2.4L - in some markets it is called the Vanguard but it is really the Rav4 3rd generation. if you're looking for easy upkeep SUV at relatively low price maybe you can consider this one, Vanguards like most RAV4's are recon/import only so their used value is relatively low but being import the quality and spec is better than local/ASEAN models. Most Vanguards will be around the 45k-70k price range depending on year and spec for this model, newer facelift or unreg will be near the 100k mark. The engine for the 2.4L model is either the 2AR-FE or 2AZ-FE which can be found in the Vellfire, Alphard, Estima, Camry....so yeah don't worry about parts it is quite common.

QUOTE(Moss_Guy @ Nov 14 2018, 07:45 PM)

If you can up your budget nearer to 50k I can get you some pre-reg VW Vento 1.6 deals.
If you're sticking to 30-35k, then I'd recommend 2014 Proton Inspira 2.0L although if you can budget until 40k then you can start to fetch some Toyota Altis and Honda Civic which aren't too old, or even Mitsubishi Lancer. Those have better fit & finish than the Inspira so you'll feel more comfortable inside the car but other than that the technology, safety and fuel efficiency is the same between the Lancer's and Inspira's.

zenix
post Yesterday, 04:11 AM

Pirate Captain

QUOTE(suckermos @ Nov 15 2018, 11:18 AM)

Yeah that AWD isn't cheap if you're travelling alot.
I've seen many ladies drive it but always scrounge on guys fetching them around most of the time.

2018 VW Passat 1.8T - there are some good points and bad points for this car. (1) there is the brand stigma of engine failure, gearbox failure and emissions scandal -- of course the seller knows these issues have marred the brand that's why sales slow and they need to sell their cars cheaper now so will you still support this brand if you can get a 200k car pre-reg (same year make & register) for alot cheaper within the 120-140k range (depending on spec)? Some would say no because they don't wanna support a brand that lies about emissions and wanna kill the planet....some smart buyers just want the best bang for their buck especially since all the issues have been rectified plus you still get a full 5 years warranty out of this deal and able to get new car loan rates as well (not used car interest rates even though the car has been registered by the distributor). Upkeep wise of course it is at the level of or slightly more than a Camry/Accord but of course much better than cold cars like Citroen/Renault/Peugeot those brands are notorious for getting their consumers locked into going to 3S only for repairs and parts, plus stockist don't carry most parts so they don't have a choice but that's how those brand owners in Malaysia stay alive selling so few cars. However, the biggest plus point is the fuel efficiency, performance, stability, safety and comfort. Instead of considering those used BMW 1-series at that price point might as well consider this one since it is "new".

2018 Toyta Altis 2.0V - Mazda3 is a beautiful car and the Skyactiv system gives the car hybrid like fuel efficiency however there are drawbacks in terms of upkeep, it will be more expensive than owning a Civic (non-turbo) or Altis. This is where the Altis comes in, of course among the top Japanese brands in Malaysia the current generation of Altis isn't as hot as it was with the Civic and Mazda3 stealing the show but the Altis still is the king if your pocket is the main aim. New car, matured technology (not bleeding edge like Honda Turbo or Mazda Skyactiv) but still not dinosaur stuff like they usually give. Safety features are on par. Plus fuel efficiency and upkeep are low. So this car makes the best financial sense.

QUOTE(cse.my @ Nov 16 2018, 12:56 PM)

Below is an image showing the difference between the 3 trim levels.
As you can see there are significant differences between the Base S vs SE & Advance critically at the braking system.
However, between the SE & Advance it is mostly flashly & creature comfort stuff.
Nothing critical, it is a personal choice.

user posted image
grim.fandango
post Yesterday, 09:45 AM

Getting Started

1. Brand - Any
2. Budget - RM30k
3. New/Used/Unreg - Used (at most year 2012)
4. Specs -
5. Transmission - Definitely auto
6. NA or FI - Doesn't really matter (see remark)
7. Type - Sedan/Hatchback
8. Remarks - I've owned E36 2.5 before and afterward Jazz (2015). Looking for something in between the practicality of Jazz and vrmm/handling of E36 325. I know for that budget there's a lot needed to be compromised.

I'm currently divided between Inspira and Forte.

This post has been edited by grim.fandango: Yesterday, 09:49 AM
cse.my
post Yesterday, 09:50 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(zenix @ Nov 17 2018, 04:11 AM)
[/spoiler]

Yeah that AWD isn't cheap if you're travelling alot.
I've seen many ladies drive it but always scrounge on guys fetching them around most of the time.

2018 VW Passat 1.8T - there are some good points and bad points for this car. (1) there is the brand stigma of engine failure, gearbox failure and emissions scandal -- of course the seller knows these issues have marred the brand that's why sales slow and they need to sell their cars cheaper now so will you still support this brand if you can get a 200k car pre-reg (same year make & register) for alot cheaper within the 120-140k range (depending on spec)? Some would say no because they don't wanna support a brand that lies about emissions and wanna kill the planet....some smart buyers just want the best bang for their buck especially since all the issues have been rectified plus you still get a full 5 years warranty out of this deal and able to get new car loan rates as well (not used car interest rates even though the car has been registered by the distributor). Upkeep wise of course it is at the level of or slightly more than a Camry/Accord but of course much better than cold cars like Citroen/Renault/Peugeot those brands are notorious for getting their consumers locked into going to 3S only for repairs and parts, plus stockist don't carry most parts so they don't have a choice but that's how those brand owners in Malaysia stay alive selling so few cars. However, the biggest plus point is the fuel efficiency, performance, stability, safety and comfort. Instead of considering those used BMW 1-series at that price point might as well consider this one since it is "new".

2018 Toyta Altis 2.0V - Mazda3 is a beautiful car and the Skyactiv system gives the car hybrid like fuel efficiency however there are drawbacks in terms of upkeep, it will be more expensive than owning a Civic (non-turbo) or Altis. This is where the Altis comes in, of course among the top Japanese brands in Malaysia the current generation of Altis isn't as hot as it was with the Civic and Mazda3 stealing the show but the Altis still is the king if your pocket is the main aim. New car, matured technology (not bleeding edge like Honda Turbo or Mazda Skyactiv) but still not dinosaur stuff like they usually give. Safety features are on par. Plus fuel efficiency and upkeep are low. So this car makes the best financial sense.

[/spoiler]

Below is an image showing the difference between the 3 trim levels.
As you can see there are significant differences between the Base S vs SE & Advance critically at the braking system.
However, between the SE & Advance it is mostly flashly & creature comfort stuff.
Nothing critical, it is a personal choice.

user posted image
Ok. Thanks for detail

Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0705sec    3.32    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 18th November 2018 - 01:45 PM