340 Pages « < 162 163 164 165 166 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Plan to buy a NEW/USED car?(V3),, ASK HERE for recommendations

views

zenix
post Nov 5 2018, 09:23 PM

Pirate Captain
6,149 posts

QUOTE(ultralightbing @ Oct 29 2018, 08:07 AM)
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

Civic is a good all rounder.
If you don't mind it being boring seeing many similar cars on the road it is one car which is stylist enough and powerful enough yet cheap enough to maintain.

QUOTE(Asus @ Oct 29 2018, 08:19 AM)

1800cc variant spec feels very kosong......like taxi spec.
if you're okay with the basics it is very good.
though with certain laws coming into effect soon maybe you want to reconsider something in the 1500cc range?

QUOTE(Keisuke Honda @ Oct 29 2018, 08:56 AM)

look at what you write
two contradicting statements doh.gif
wrong oredi still wanna flim flam ...... doh.gif

user posted image

QUOTE(FreedomDream @ Oct 29 2018, 02:45 PM)

It is an import only like Vellfire and Alphard.
drunkonpiss
post Nov 6 2018, 01:11 AM

Getting Started
216 posts

Hello,

Car noob here. In the hunt for a new car and I stumbled upon Mudah and found out how cheap 2nd hand cars. I was blown away how cheap the cars are priced. Looking at the prices, I would probably get a BMW. Any tips on how to spot a good from a bad one? Can you suggest which model in particular? Looking at 3 series now.
Chrix
post Nov 6 2018, 09:02 AM

Regular
1,082 posts

QUOTE(drunkonpiss @ Nov 6 2018, 01:11 AM)
Hello,

Car noob here. In the hunt for a new car and I stumbled upon Mudah and found out how cheap 2nd hand cars. I was blown away how cheap the cars are priced. Looking at the prices, I would probably get a BMW. Any tips on how to spot a good from a bad one? Can you suggest which model in particular? Looking at 3 series now.
I would suggest you narrow down on which specific model you are keen on, then go research about cost of repair n common part failure of that model. Best to get from personal seller, check the related FB groups.

Btw, you seem quite green, the prices you see in mudah posted by dealers are the starting price, they will tack on several thousands on top for “processing fee” etc.
mdziaf
post Nov 6 2018, 10:16 AM

Getting Started
78 posts

QUOTE(Chrix @ Nov 6 2018, 09:02 AM)
I would suggest you narrow down on which specific model you are keen on, then go research about cost of repair n common part failure of that model. Best to get from personal seller, check the related FB groups.

Btw, you seem quite green, the prices you see in mudah posted by dealers are the starting price, they will tack on several thousands on top for “processing fee” etc.
And to add.. Never trust their odometer reading most of the time its faked/altered etc.

Also BMW aren't the cheapest to repair so keep that in mind
EddyHyip
post Nov 6 2018, 11:13 AM

Casual
359 posts

how much can i usually negotiate the price of used car with second hand car dealer.
i am looking at 2014 mini cooper which is advertised at 120k.
but the market value guide (oto.my) indicate less than 90k. That is more than 30k premium for the car! Which means bank loan most likely up to 90k only...
[Ancient]-XinG-
post Nov 6 2018, 12:05 PM

20k VIP club
5,725 posts

but also consider mazda 6.

if the budget is not a concern, go for top spec.

if budget is a concern.... suggest downgrade to C seg.

Base spec for accord isn't good on FC because of weight and underpower...

However civic although problem with their turbo... but their fc is better than 2.0 NA accord.
SgtScoop
post Nov 6 2018, 12:32 PM

Getting Started
137 posts

The underpowered thing is a Malaysian myth. The 2.0 does 0-100 in around 10 seconds. It's not fast but it's fast enough for normal driving.

I had a 2010 Accord 2.0 for 7 years.

Of course, the 2.4 is better and if your budget isn't tight, it's better to get the better car.

Pugbunny
post Nov 6 2018, 01:13 PM

On my way
664 posts

Shouldn't be any problem for 2 liter engine for daily commute to work and weekend trip with family.

If you have the budget and safety features is top priority, recommended to get the 2.4.
drunkonpiss
post Nov 6 2018, 01:37 PM

Getting Started
216 posts

QUOTE(Chrix @ Nov 6 2018, 10:02 AM)

QUOTE(mdziaf @ Nov 6 2018, 11:16 AM)
And to add.. Never trust their odometer reading most of the time its faked/altered etc.

Also BMW aren't the cheapest to repair so keep that in mind
Appreciate the response! Yeah, they actually gave me the on the road price which is actually more or less rm5k more but I thought it wasn't that bad but yeah, I agree that I have to be more vigilant as these guys are sales men and the goal is for them to make a sell regardless of the car's status.
alcatrez
post Nov 6 2018, 01:50 PM

On my way
539 posts

2.4 for the refine engine and all the accessories you can enjoy.....
matrix88
post Nov 6 2018, 01:53 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,098 posts

QUOTE(Ancient-XinG- @ Nov 6 2018, 12:05 PM)

but also consider mazda 6.

if the budget is not a concern, go for top spec.

if budget is a concern.... suggest downgrade to C seg.

Base spec for accord isn't good on FC because of weight and underpower...

However civic although problem with their turbo... but their fc is better than 2.0 NA accord.
civic got problem with their turbo???? source please.
digilife
post Nov 6 2018, 02:04 PM

The MNP guy, its me yeah.
8,024 posts

2.4, you wont regret .

trust me

smile.gif
matrix88
post Nov 6 2018, 02:06 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,098 posts

QUOTE(I.Am.Bryan @ Nov 6 2018, 09:59 AM)
Hi all

after read a few reviews, the 2.0 seems to be more value for money. but questions linger on my mind

a) is 2.0 under powered?
b) honda sensing really worth it?
c) fuel consumption?

use it for daily commute to work and weekend with family (wife and 2 primary school kids)

thanks all.
wait for new model to come in, should be soon as Camry just launched new model
[Ancient]-XinG-
post Nov 6 2018, 04:22 PM

20k VIP club
5,725 posts

QUOTE(matrix88 @ Nov 6 2018, 01:53 PM)
civic got problem with their turbo???? source please.
not sure... but I heard they have problem with the leaking in the fb page.
6UE5T
post Nov 6 2018, 06:02 PM

Regular
1,704 posts

Hi all

after read a few reviews, the 2.0 seems to be more value for money. but questions linger on my mind

a) is 2.0 under powered?
c) fuel consumption?

use it for daily commute to work and weekend with family (wife and 2 primary school kids)

thanks all.
No brainer, of course get the 2.4!

a) Yes, IMHO it is underpowered. Only a 150hp NA 4 cylinder pulling a big 1.6 ton of a d-segment sedan, it is underpowered and slow. Having said that, it's also about habit, what car have you been driving so far and how do you enjoy driving them? If you're used to slow cars already and drive them slow just like that then you may still feel it's not too bad. smile.gif So to find out, just test drive them first so you have comparison of both variants, how slow it is compared to the 2.4.
b) No idea, never really pay attention to what it is to be honest! laugh.gif
c) The 2.0 on average may actually return worse fuel consumption because its a small less powerful engine forced to pull a heavy load. So possible double whammy, slower and yet also may even have worse fuel economy.
takemehomepls
post Nov 6 2018, 06:06 PM

Getting Started
124 posts

I agree with the 2.4. Anyone remember when it used to have 3.5 v6? Damn good times
6UE5T
post Nov 6 2018, 10:19 PM

Regular
1,704 posts

QUOTE(I.Am.Bryan @ Nov 6 2018, 06:30 PM)
pending a test drive, a review i've read mentioned that the 2.0 is tuned for city driving (power at lower revs) vs the 2.4 which is certainly more powerful at higher revs making it a better highway cruiser.

most of us here are opinionated towards the 2.4. after previously (and still) using a 1.4 golf mk vi for almost 6 years.

other than the engine, essentials incl. size, gearbox are almost the same.
for additional 20% or more, 2.4 has led lights, 18" wheels, honda sensing; all which may require higher maintenance costs over the long run.

would camry 2.0 be a viable alternative? not considering mazda 6 or less popular brands.
The 2.4 making more power at higher revs as highway cruiser doesn't mean it also wont make more power at lower revs. In general bigger engines also means more torque/power across the whole rev range, not just the higher end.

Hmm your Golf 1.4 TSi should be more responsive/faster than the 2.0 Accord and even the 2.4 as well, so you might find the 2.0 too underpowered when you test drive them later, but yeah better you find out yourself.

Camry 2.0?? Naah just same ol same ol, even more boring car to be honest.
chinteck79
post Nov 6 2018, 10:45 PM

Getting Started
54 posts

New camry is same engine so not exciting but new platform. Heard the handling will be good. Very good they say
matrix88
post Nov 6 2018, 10:55 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,098 posts

QUOTE(Ancient-XinG- @ Nov 6 2018, 04:22 PM)
not sure... but I heard they have problem with the leaking in the fb page.
no such thing on civic turbo. even the new CRV is using the same engine. very sure on honda reliability on engines.
unitron
post Nov 7 2018, 07:03 AM

W1(R)3d
2,718 posts

Hi all

a) is 2.0 under powered?
c) fuel consumption?

thanks all.
I've not driven a 2.0L Accord
BUT I do have a 2,4L Accord as a weekend cruiser which i find underpowered. Not very underpowered but feel so depress when i press the pedal. cry.gif
Will bring it for a dyno tune to bump up the power a bit one of these days.

Yes, Honda sensing worth it, to me it's worth it just for the adaptive cruise control, anything else with the feature is a bonus.
If you're in malaysian traffic on the highway where you have many cars and idiots slow driving on the fast lane / overtaking lane, normal cruise control is mostly useless.
Adaptive cruise control to me is a must have if you're always driving on the highway.

Fuel consumption of course gonna be high if you compare with lower CC cars of course.
I use my other car for daily commute to work.

340 Pages « < 162 163 164 165 166 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0206sec    0.24    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:55 AM