Group: Newbie

1. Brand : Undecided between used Audi A4 2015 or A3 2015
2. Budget : RM120k
3. New/Used/Unreg : Used
4. Specs : 1.8 TFSI QUATTRO
5. Transmission : AT
6. NA or FI : -
7. Type : Sedan
8. Remarks : Spacious room is more preferable.

Dear fellow forumers,

I'm thinking of getting a used Audi A3 or A4 2015 years. Having searched around and got a few results ranging from 100 to 110k excluding OTR and insurance etc. I'm wondering is it still worth to get a used 4 years old car and what's the recommendation and advises/tips when purchasing them?

Thanks
Jonsnow68
post Sep 19 2018, 08:18 PM

QUOTE(donavan1986 @ Sep 19 2018, 04:40 PM)
Sorry but who is that?
They're an automotive media organisation. They do car reviews both new car and also used/recon cars, cover new car launching events and etc. They also give advice to new or used/recon car buyers.

Link : https://www.facebook.com/aurizn/
Jason
post Sep 19 2018, 11:00 PM

Look at all my stars!!
Group: Senior Member

QUOTE(donavan1986 @ Sep 19 2018, 03:50 PM)
Do you think i should spend the extra 30k to get a 2014/2015 328i?
No. Get a 2014/2015 320d so that it’s cheaper than the 328i. Better fuel consumption as well with the diesel.

328i is stupid powerful. 320d is enough.

Best to get it still with warranty. Some peace of mind.
Jason
post Sep 19 2018, 11:03 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(imnotajoker94 @ Sep 19 2018, 04:43 PM)
1. Brand : Undecided between used Audi A4 2015 or A3 2015
2. Budget : RM120k
4. Specs : 1.8 TFSI QUATTRO
7. Type : Sedan
8. Remarks : Spacious room is more preferable.

Dear fellow forumers,

I'm thinking of getting a used Audi A3 or A4 2015 years. Having searched around and got a few results ranging from 100 to 110k excluding OTR and insurance etc. I'm wondering is it still worth to get a used 4 years old car and what's the recommendation and advises/tips when purchasing them?

Thanks
Why is QUATTRO mandatory? If you need space it’s obvious to take the A4 over the A3.

Just be advised on maintenance and wear and tear parts. Factory Support for Audi not as good as BMW and Mercedes. Of course aftermarket there are lots. Buy it if you like it.

Alternatively Passat 1.8 which shares the engine with the A4, but using problematic dry DSG where the clutch is a wear and tear. But purchase price of the car is cheaper than A4 by a lot, and much more spacious. I think the Passat cabin is nice. A classic and roomy feeling.

nami56
post Sep 19 2018, 11:58 PM

Group: Junior Member

1. Brand : Undecided between used 2013 Myvi manual or 2015 iriz 1.3 manual
2. Budget : RM23k
4. Specs : engine for both 1.3
5. Transmission : Manual
7. Type : hatchback
8. Remarks : easy to drive non highway just jalan kampung area baling town

Dear fellow forumers,

I'm thinking of getting a used between iriz and myvi before i booking to get axia std e manual but my friends said it better to get used myvi or iriz than axia tin kosong..so please help me to decide..i already survey the price on mudah.my and carlist.my so the price between both almost same.

Thanks

This post has been edited by nami56: Sep 19 2018, 11:58 PM
apacheheli0803
post Sep 20 2018, 01:22 AM

1. Brand : Used 2012 Honda Insight vs used 2011 Toyota Prius
2. Budget : 27k vs 33k
4. Specs : 1.3 vs 1.8
5. Transmission : Auto
8. Remarks : looking for a car to drive to work and drive for grab on the side

Hi,

I have never bought a car. Know almost nothing about cars or finances about it. I'm thinking of getting a used between Honda Insight and Toyota Prius, to drive to work(intern) and grab. How do i get loan anyway?

Thanks
amscouzach57
post Sep 20 2018, 09:12 AM

QUOTE(nami56 @ Sep 19 2018, 11:58 PM)
1. Brand : Undecided between used 2013 Myvi manual  or 2015 iriz 1.3 manual

Dear fellow forumers,

I'm thinking of getting a used between iriz and myvi before i booking to get axia std e manual but my friends said it better to get used myvi or iriz than axia tin kosong..so please help me to decide..i already survey the price on mudah.my and carlist.my so the price between both almost same.

Thanks
Get the Iriz.
The manual gearbox on the Iriz is better then the manual gearbox on the myvi.
Driving dynamics & handling of Iriz is significantly better than the myvi.
On the safety side, Iriz has VSC whereas the myvi does not.
Plus, Iriz is a 'newer' car by 2 years.

This post has been edited by amscouzach57: Sep 20 2018, 09:13 AM
nami56
post Sep 20 2018, 10:22 AM

QUOTE(amscouzach57 @ Sep 20 2018, 09:12 AM)
Get the Iriz.
The manual gearbox on the Iriz is better then the manual gearbox on the myvi.
Driving dynamics & handling of Iriz is significantly better than the myvi.
On the safety side, Iriz has VSC whereas the myvi does not.
Plus, Iriz is a 'newer' car by 2 years.
Ok thanks. I will testdrive both car this weekend..if that shop got myvi auto in that price,mybe will go for myvi lagi best ezi or se

This post has been edited by nami56: Sep 20 2018, 10:23 AM
6UE5T
post Sep 20 2018, 02:45 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(donavan1986 @ Sep 19 2018, 03:50 PM)
Do you think i should spend the extra 30k to get a 2014/2015 328i?
Personally I would because it's overall a better car (more powerful, RWD layout, better handling, better transmission, better comfort, better looking). Note that I'm used to buying used cars so I don't mind the risk of repairs & maintenance.
Jonsnow68
post Sep 20 2018, 03:43 PM

QUOTE(nami56 @ Sep 19 2018, 11:58 PM)
1. Brand : Undecided between used 2013 Myvi manual  or 2015 iriz 1.3 manual

Dear fellow forumers,

Thanks
What is your main criteria? The iriz is newer, has better safety standards, better handling and has a better manual transmission.

The myvi on the other hand, is very easy to drive, slightly more spacious, easier to maintain and has better fuel efficiency tho the manual transmission isn't as good as the iriz.

nami56
post Sep 20 2018, 11:00 PM

QUOTE(Jonsnow68 @ Sep 20 2018, 03:43 PM)
What is your main criteria? The iriz is newer, has better safety standards, better handling and has a better manual transmission.

The myvi on the other hand, is very easy to drive, slightly more spacious, easier to maintain and has better fuel efficiency tho the manual transmission isn't as good as the iriz.
I dont know..before i got kancil l5 turbo manual..so i dont know what about others car..maybe for cheap maintainance and easy to parking.
Jonsnow68
post Yesterday, 01:10 AM

QUOTE(nami56 @ Sep 20 2018, 11:00 PM)
I dont know..before i got kancil l5 turbo manual..so i dont know what about others car..maybe for cheap maintainance and easy to parking.
Oh. Go for a test drive bro. Will help you decide. I've driven iriz and myvi 2013 1.3 (my current car) of course I'll say myvi cheaper to maintain and easier to drive 😂 but test drive will definitely help you decide.
veron208
post Yesterday, 09:41 AM

On my way

1. Brand : Any brand
2. Budget : RM60k
4. Specs : Any spec
7. Type : Hatchback only
8. Remarks : Mainly for city driving and lady driver.

Currently using Myvi (8 years) and planning for upgrade.
mdziaf
post Yesterday, 12:29 PM

QUOTE(apacheheli0803 @ Sep 20 2018, 01:22 AM)
1. Brand : Used 2012 Honda Insight vs used 2011 Toyota Prius
2. Budget : 27k vs 33k
4. Specs : 1.3 vs 1.8
5. Transmission : Auto
8. Remarks : looking for a car to drive to work and drive for grab on the side

Hi,

I have never bought a car. Know almost nothing about cars or finances about it. I'm thinking of getting a used between Honda Insight and Toyota Prius, to drive to work(intern) and grab. How do i get loan anyway?

Thanks
I have a 2011 Honda Insight (bought it second hand). Its a frugal car, and comfortable to drive; I have no issues with it. I was also looking at The Prius, but decided against it because it was not within my budget at the time. But to me it would have been the better option. Maintenance wise, the insight has a maintenance schedule + cost listed on Honda's website. Prius not too sure, maybe you can go to the Prius Owner's club and ask around.

1 thing to take note is that the 2012 Insight has a higher chance of having black oil issue (if the car you buy is affected, you can go to Honda SC and have them replace the parts FOC as it was a big issue and had a recall - though it is not 100% guaranteed that the problem is resolved). The 2011 does not have this.

Another thing is if you buy from second hand dealers, more likely you will find really low mileage cars. Be very careful, as they are most likely tempered. The safest way is to ask for the Maintenance Service Booklet. If that is not available, take note of either the plate number or the VIN number and give a Honda SC a call. You can ask them about the last service information of the car.
Jonsnow68
post Yesterday, 01:20 PM

QUOTE(veron208 @ Sep 21 2018, 09:41 AM)
1. Brand :  Any brand
2. Budget : RM60k
4. Specs : Any spec
7. Type : Hatchback only
8. Remarks : Mainly for city driving and lady driver.
Currently using Myvi (8 years) and planning for upgrade.
Hi there, why not consider new car? With that budget, you can get the highest spec myvi, or if space isn't a concern, why not the new picanto? If you're keen on used, there are a lot of options like jazz, Vw polo and golf tsi, Ford fiesta and focus. There's also the Peugeot 208. If used mainly for city driving, the jazz sounds like a good city car. Easy to drive too.
veron208
post Yesterday, 05:43 PM

On my way

QUOTE(Jonsnow68 @ Sep 21 2018, 01:20 PM)
Hi there, why not consider new car? With that budget, you can get the highest spec myvi, or if space isn't a concern, why not the new picanto? If you're keen on used, there are a lot of options like jazz, Vw polo and golf tsi, Ford fiesta and focus. There's also the Peugeot 208. If used mainly for city driving, the jazz sounds like a good city car. Easy to drive too.
I owned a Kia as main car and I am not to keen on Kia car esp. with poor service. This is also the 2nd Myvi car with the total of 15++ years since the Myvi launched in Malaysia .... I am not going to get another Myvi.

I am considering used Jazz and Focus.
Jonsnow68
post Yesterday, 06:23 PM

QUOTE(veron208 @ Sep 21 2018, 05:43 PM)
I owned a Kia as main car and I am not to keen on Kia car esp. with poor service. This is also the 2nd Myvi car with the total of 15++ years since the Myvi launched in Malaysia .... I am not going to get another Myvi.

I am considering used Jazz and Focus.
Ah I see. Well focus has good handling and jazz, well its a Honda so easy maintenance. Not sure bout the maintenance of a Ford but good luck deciding bro. Both seems like a solid choice.
apacheheli0803
post Yesterday, 10:08 PM

QUOTE(mdziaf @ Sep 21 2018, 12:29 PM)
I have a 2011 Honda Insight (bought it second hand). Its a frugal car, and comfortable to drive; I have no issues with it. I was also looking at The Prius, but decided against it because it was not within my budget at the time. But to me it would have been the better option. Maintenance wise, the insight has a maintenance schedule + cost listed on Honda's website. Prius not too sure, maybe you can go to the Prius Owner's club and ask around.

1 thing to take note is that the 2012 Insight has a higher chance of having black oil issue (if the car you buy is affected, you can go to Honda SC and have them replace the parts FOC as it was a big issue and had a recall - though it is not 100% guaranteed that the problem is resolved). The 2011 does not have this.

Another thing is if you buy from second hand dealers, more likely you will find really low mileage cars. Be very careful, as they are most likely tempered. The safest way is to ask for the Maintenance Service Booklet. If that is not available, take note of either the plate number or the VIN number and give a Honda SC a call. You can ask them about the last service information of the car.
Thanks for your reply.

Is 27k -33k inexpensive?

Is there a reason why they are so cheap? since the oil issue is FOC.

Not 100% guaranteed the problem is resolved?
mdziaf
post Yesterday, 10:34 PM

QUOTE(apacheheli0803 @ Sep 21 2018, 10:08 PM)
Thanks for your reply.

Is 27k -33k inexpensive?

Is there a reason why they are so cheap? since the oil issue is FOC.

Not 100% guaranteed the problem is resolved?
For Insight it is about right.. They depreciate badly because its a hybrid..

You best check the insight forum (here in lowyat and also the global one) to find out about the 2012 oil leak issue.. I read it before i bought and just decided to get the 2011 version to be safe.. Some forummer said that he had to do multiple visit for the 2012 oil leak issue. Cant remember if it was a lowyat guy or from insight central. The 2012 is better for fuel efficiency compared to 2011 version tho..and has a smaller bar across the rear windscreen

The prius i think for the price should be the prius c right? If normal prius i think it would be abit higher.. If its the normal prius, u can be a bit skeptical..Prius c has smaller bootspace if that is important for u.

Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0722sec    3.19    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 22nd September 2018 - 09:05 AM