views

zenix
post Sep 17 2018, 11:29 PM

Pirate Captain
6,149 posts

QUOTE(6UE5T @ Sep 12 2018, 01:28 AM)
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

Indeed the tipping point has started.
Especially for the TM version, the regular ones haven't started yet but I can see 5's and 6's at same price point already.
Haven't tried the Merc's AMG version of CLA/A-class, though my bias is for the M3/M4 tongue.gif

QUOTE(hidayat @ Sep 12 2018, 09:51 PM)

IINM that one has the fuel guzzler 1.5L engine with 5AT gearbox combo.

QUOTE(d4rk_m4n @ Sep 12 2018, 10:56 PM)

2014 Toyota Altis - the Altis would be on the maximum end of your budget and year make requirements but it will usually tick the boxes for C-segment (bigger size, comfort, better technology and better safety e.g. VSC), cheap to maintain and fuel saving for its class.

2014 Honda Jazz Hybrid - if you're not afraid of the Hybrid moniker then what you get to enjoy is Japan CBU export quality (seriously go touch and compare the inside of this to the regular Jazz, it is like the difference between Fazura and Sajat), it also has better technology and safety (like the extra seat belt for baby chair) and 8 airbags, but it is a B-segment and Hybrid so you might be afraid the Hybrid part might die....well actually the hybrid doesn't do much but help for acceleration and pickup so if it doesn't work the car still functions as a regular 1.3L engine and CVT gearbox....which is a decent combo if you're a single driver usually.

QUOTE(ylzdah @ Sep 13 2018, 11:04 AM)

2016 Mazda 3 - TBH unless you're talking about serious hybrids like the Toyota Prius and BMW 330e most other hybrids are sort of like cheats to get around the government policies to reduce taxes for hybrid cars so manufacturers can sell them cheaper. Nissan's S-Hybrid, Honda's IMA and Mazda's E-Loop are just gimmicks imho -- the cars would work without the hybrid system. Which brings us to the topic of Skyactiv -- I've explained before this technology is Mazda's answer to real hybrids by improving the car design, engine and gearbox to a degree where it gives the same amount of range as a Hybrid without the complicated hybrid parts (and heavy battery). This is good for consumers because you have peace of mind it is a regular combustion engine no need to worry about replacing hybrid batteries, and good for governments because it is not a hybrid they get to tax you fully when you purchase it....win win? sweat.gif Anyway, buying used you don't have to worry about depreciation as this car is only within your budget because of it. it is fuel saving and sporty thumbsup.gif

6UE5T
post Sep 18 2018, 12:01 AM

Regular
1,704 posts

QUOTE(zenix @ Sep 17 2018, 11:29 PM)
[/spoiler]

Indeed the tipping point has started.
Especially for the TM version, the regular ones haven't started yet but I can see 5's and 6's at same price point already.
Haven't tried the Merc's AMG version of CLA/A-class, though my bias is for the M3/M4  tongue.gif

Not just the TME but especially the 9 and also the 8MR. Many also now are trying their luck already with the regular GSR versions. Prices of the old CE9A (E1-3) are also already crazy. There's one yellow E3 asking for 70k and just today there's a showroom asking 85k on a direct imported white E1, I suppose imported as classic car already like the R32 GTR.
zenix
post Sep 18 2018, 12:02 AM

Pirate Captain
6,149 posts

QUOTE(yoonyuan96 @ Sep 14 2018, 12:37 AM)

Inspira is a good choice, just stay away from the riceboy non-stock cars in the car listings.
You'll hardly see Kia Forte, low maintenance and long lasting in the same sentence in most owner forums laugh.gif

2014 VW Passat - i'm guessing you're someone that likes sporty cars but still needs something for family duty, my suggestion is bump up your budget by 10k and get a better car. Don't go for the older Passats newer ones are better. You get a nice D-segment german saloon with has alot of poke. If you were going to resign yourself to a Kia Forte's upkeep then I'd suggest this at least through that misery you can at least enjoy the drive devil.gif

QUOTE(NotYourKuda @ Sep 14 2018, 10:39 PM)
Quick question. FD or FB?
FD is much better but it is old, especially for the better FD2 model.
The FD1 you can find some newer ones with similar interior to FD2 (blue leather, etc).
But beware due to it's age you might come across many gremlins, also riceboy ex-owner issue if you find one in non-stock condition.

QUOTE(AlOnE89 @ Sep 16 2018, 09:40 PM)

I think new cars among that list the best would be Myvi, the rest aren't value for money.

2015 VW Beetle - well this would be considered a Coupe but it is something interesting you might want to consider. If you don't have family duties to fetch 4 people and enjoy a single lifestyle then this is a car to consider, if you want to date girls this cute 2 door car will get you laid. Maintenance wise it ain't going to be cheap like a Myvi/Vios but is within a reasonable range especially since many VW cars share the same 1.2TSI and 7AT DSG combo. It will only get expensive with major repairs/replacements else it is relatively cheap to maintain.

2014 VW Polo - if it must be a hatch then this is the one with the same drivetrain but it looks very ordinary for the amount of upkeep involved unless you're into silent killers.

The only other option I think can think of which is good is the Mazda 3, see my previous replies above.
zenix
post Sep 18 2018, 12:04 AM

Pirate Captain
6,149 posts

QUOTE(6UE5T @ Sep 18 2018, 12:01 AM)
Not just the TME but especially the 9 and also the 8MR. Many also now are trying their luck already with the regular GSR versions. Prices of the old CE9A (E1-3) are also already crazy. There's one yellow E3 asking for 70k and just today there's a showroom asking 85k on a direct imported white E1, I suppose imported as classic car already like the R32 GTR.
johor has a few "classic recon importers" i've seen them trying to hawk off even low spec Supra's above 100k in mudah but at the showroom goreng customers way above that because it is unregistered doh.gif
6UE5T
post Sep 18 2018, 12:11 AM

Regular
1,704 posts

QUOTE(zenix @ Sep 18 2018, 12:04 AM)
johor has a few "classic recon importers" i've seen them trying to hawk off even low spec Supra's above 100k in mudah but at the showroom goreng customers way above that because it is unregistered  doh.gif
Yup, that white E1 is also just a low spec RS version some more! Imagine spending 85k on a car and yet still have to manually wind up/down your windows! doh.gif
NotYourKuda
post Sep 18 2018, 03:14 AM

Getting Started
130 posts

QUOTE(zenix @ Sep 18 2018, 12:02 AM)
Inspira is a good choice, just stay away from the riceboy non-stock cars in the car listings.
You'll hardly see Kia Forte, low maintenance and long lasting in the same sentence in most owner forums  laugh.gif

2014 VW Passat - i'm guessing you're someone that likes sporty cars but still needs something for family duty, my suggestion is bump up your budget by 10k and get a better car. Don't go for the older Passats newer ones are better. You get a nice D-segment german saloon with has alot of poke. If you were going to resign yourself to a Kia Forte's upkeep then I'd suggest this at least through that misery you can at least enjoy the drive  devil.gif
FD is much better but it is old, especially for the better FD2 model.
The FD1 you can find some newer ones with similar interior to FD2 (blue leather, etc).
But beware due to it's age you might come across many gremlins, also riceboy ex-owner issue if you find one in non-stock condition.
Ya, i have no problem with the FD except the age. I heard that VW is getting better. Hoax or fact? I really couldn’t make up my mind. Scirocco? Well, you know what they say, VW is germany Proton. Honda FC? Can afford but it will be a 9 years loan. Mazda 6? Zero knowledge on mazda, didnt ever get the chance to drive one. C200 W204? The maintenance and few issues scared me. Myvi? Good but I dont like compact cars. Bmw? Only can afford years 2011. Toyota? Too unker-ish. Except the new Corolla which overpriced.

This post has been edited by NotYourKuda: Sep 18 2018, 03:17 AM
zenix
post Sep 18 2018, 04:12 AM

Pirate Captain
6,149 posts

QUOTE(6UE5T @ Sep 18 2018, 12:11 AM)
Yup, that white E1 is also just a low spec RS version some more! Imagine spending 85k on a car and yet still have to manually wind up/down your windows!  doh.gif
https://www.carlist.my/recon-cars/1991-mits...c-recon/3417729 <---- this one ah? rclxs0.gif

QUOTE(NotYourKuda @ Sep 18 2018, 03:14 AM)
Ya, i have no problem with the FD except the age. I heard that VW is getting better. Hoax or fact? I really couldn’t make up my mind. Scirocco? Well, you know what they say, VW is germany Proton. Honda FC? Can afford but it will be a 9 years loan. Mazda 6? Zero knowledge on mazda, didnt ever get the chance to drive one. C200 W204? The maintenance and few issues scared me. Myvi? Good but I dont like compact cars. Bmw? Only can afford years 2011. Toyota? Too unker-ish. Except the new Corolla which overpriced.
This is not /k
Be more concise with your questions and remarks.
ylzdah
post Sep 18 2018, 11:46 AM

48 posts

QUOTE(zenix @ Sep 17 2018, 11:29 PM)
2016 Mazda 3 - TBH unless you're talking about serious hybrids like the Toyota Prius and BMW 330e most other hybrids are sort of like cheats to get around the government policies to reduce taxes for hybrid cars so manufacturers can sell them cheaper. Nissan's S-Hybrid, Honda's IMA and Mazda's E-Loop are just gimmicks imho -- the cars would work without the hybrid system. Which brings us to the topic of Skyactiv -- I've explained before this technology is Mazda's answer to real hybrids by improving the car design, engine and gearbox to a degree where it gives the same amount of range as a Hybrid without the complicated hybrid parts (and heavy battery). This is good for consumers because you have peace of mind it is a regular combustion engine no need to worry about replacing hybrid batteries, and good for governments because it is not a hybrid they get to tax you fully when you purchase it....win win?  sweat.gif Anyway, buying used you don't have to worry about depreciation as this car is only within your budget because of it. it is fuel saving and sporty  thumbsup.gif
thnx for the reply. how about asx? n i stumble upon used accordana which about same price bracket . which one have better NVH

This post has been edited by ylzdah: Sep 18 2018, 04:32 PM
ylzdah
post Sep 18 2018, 11:55 AM

48 posts

QUOTE(alpayedo @ Sep 16 2018, 07:00 PM)
My wife travel to work daily from setapak to klia by driving ioniq. 2 years already with mileage above 55k km. No major issue. Fc at 22-24km/l. I even use it for grab during weekend. Fun to drive also as the pickup is good until batt low lol

Ioniq checks all ur condition above except for budget. If u stretch it to 100k then yes
thnx for the reply. ill survey used market then
donavan1986
post Sep 18 2018, 02:59 PM

Enthusiast
894 posts

1. Brand : BMW / Honda
2. Budget : RM 100k to 150k
3. New/Used/Unreg : If for BMW i will opt to go for used and Honda is new.
4. Specs : BMW 328i (2015) or Honda Civic TC-P
5. Transmission: Automatic
6. NA or FI ? FI
7. Type. Sedan
8. Remarks. Just when to BMW test drive yesterday. Tested the BMW 330e. Wondering should i get the pre-own unit or just get 2015 328i. I know that the gap is big in terms of money that is why if i choose the 330e, the car will last me for another 10years. if i choose the 328i, probably i will change car in about 6years time.

I am still wondering should i choose BMW and spend so much money on cars. Very dilemma now. on how to choose.
6UE5T
post Sep 19 2018, 09:18 AM

Regular
1,704 posts

QUOTE(zenix @ Sep 18 2018, 04:12 AM)
Yup that one! laugh.gif
6UE5T
post Sep 19 2018, 09:24 AM

Regular
1,704 posts

QUOTE(donavan1986 @ Sep 18 2018, 02:59 PM)
1. Brand : BMW / Honda
2. Budget : RM 100k to 150k
3. New/Used/Unreg : If for BMW i will opt to go for used and Honda is new.
4. Specs : BMW 328i (2015) or Honda Civic TC-P
5. Transmission: Automatic
6. NA or FI ? FI
7. Type. Sedan
8. Remarks. Just when to BMW test drive yesterday. Tested the BMW 330e. Wondering should i get the pre-own unit or just get 2015 328i. I know that the gap is big in terms of money that is why if i choose the 330e, the car will last me for another 10years. if i choose the 328i, probably i will change car in about 6years time.

I am still wondering should i choose BMW and spend so much money on cars. Very dilemma now. on how to choose.
330e is a hybrid car so maintenance wise it will be even more complicated and if you were to keep it that long then most likely you'd need to fork out big money to change the battery later. Performance wise, actually the 328i is already right up there too with the 330e. Actually the 328i would be a better handling car due to being lighter. So if I were you, I'd go with the older 328i instead and get the original M-Sport version.
donavan1986
post Sep 19 2018, 10:29 AM

Enthusiast
894 posts

QUOTE(6UE5T @ Sep 19 2018, 09:24 AM)
330e is a hybrid car so maintenance wise it will be even more complicated and if you were to keep it that long then most likely you'd need to fork out big money to change the battery later. Performance wise, actually the 328i is already right up there too with the 330e. Actually the 328i would be a better handling car due to being lighter. So if I were you, I'd go with the older 328i instead and get the original M-Sport version.
I am still struggling to on should i spend the extra 30k to get a use BMW. Hmm...
6UE5T
post Sep 19 2018, 12:19 PM

Regular
1,704 posts

QUOTE(donavan1986 @ Sep 19 2018, 10:29 AM)
I am still struggling to on should i spend the extra 30k to get a use BMW. Hmm...
Yeah that's the classic dilemma whether to buy a new car but lower class or buy a used car but better/higher class. I personally don't prefer new cars because I want to enjoy better cars and I don't want to suffer the higher depreciation of a new car which is usually will be higher for the first year or so. The trade off is always like this:
New car:
- got warranty, less hassle/rick for repairs & maintenance
- got lower car with high depreciation in the first year or so.
Used car:
- no warranty and higher risk of repairs.
- got better car with maybe lesser depreciation.
Ideally IMHO is try to get the best condition used car so the risk of repairs is lesser. However normally for people who don't know anything much about cars, then I'd suggest just to get a new car.
donavan1986
post Sep 19 2018, 03:50 PM

Enthusiast
894 posts

QUOTE(6UE5T @ Sep 19 2018, 12:19 PM)
Yeah that's the classic dilemma whether to buy a new car but lower class or buy  a used car but better/higher class. I personally don't prefer new cars because I want to enjoy better cars and I don't want to suffer the higher depreciation of a new car which is usually will be higher for the first year or so. The trade off is always like this:
New car:
- got warranty, less hassle/rick for repairs & maintenance
- got lower car with high depreciation in the first year or so.
Used car:
- no warranty and higher risk of repairs.
- got better car with maybe lesser depreciation.
Ideally IMHO is try to get the best condition used car so the risk of repairs is lesser. However normally for people who don't know anything much about cars, then I'd suggest just to get a new car.
Do you think i should spend the extra 30k to get a 2014/2015 328i?
Jonsnow68
post Sep 19 2018, 03:52 PM

Getting Started
104 posts

QUOTE(donavan1986 @ Sep 19 2018, 03:50 PM)
Bro, contact evo aurizn and tell them about your dilemma. Hopefully they can give their recommendation.
donavan1986
post Sep 19 2018, 04:40 PM

Enthusiast
894 posts

QUOTE(Jonsnow68 @ Sep 19 2018, 03:52 PM)
Bro, contact evo aurizn and tell them about your dilemma. Hopefully they can give their recommendation.
Sorry but who is that?
imnotajoker94
post Sep 19 2018, 04:43 PM

2 posts

1. Brand : Undecided between used Audi A4 2015 or A3 2015
2. Budget : RM120k
3. New/Used/Unreg : Used
4. Specs : 1.8 TFSI QUATTRO
5. Transmission : AT
6. NA or FI : -
7. Type : Sedan
8. Remarks : Spacious room is more preferable.

Dear fellow forumers,

I'm thinking of getting a used Audi A3 or A4 2015 years. Having searched around and got a few results ranging from 100 to 110k excluding OTR and insurance etc. I'm wondering is it still worth to get a used 4 years old car and what's the recommendation and advises/tips when purchasing them?

Thanks
Jonsnow68
post Sep 19 2018, 08:18 PM

Getting Started
104 posts

QUOTE(donavan1986 @ Sep 19 2018, 04:40 PM)
Sorry but who is that?
They're an automotive media organisation. They do car reviews both new car and also used/recon cars, cover new car launching events and etc. They also give advice to new or used/recon car buyers.

Link : https://www.facebook.com/aurizn/
Jason
post Sep 19 2018, 11:00 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,846 posts

QUOTE(donavan1986 @ Sep 19 2018, 03:50 PM)
No. Get a 2014/2015 320d so that it’s cheaper than the 328i. Better fuel consumption as well with the diesel.

328i is stupid powerful. 320d is enough.

Best to get it still with warranty. Some peace of mind.

340 Pages « < 156 157 158 159 160 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0156sec    0.19    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:45 PM