340 Pages « < 135 136 137 138 139 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Plan to buy a NEW/USED car?(V3),, ASK HERE for recommendations

views

lsm1991
post Apr 11 2018, 02:07 PM

Getting Started
297 posts

QUOTE(iluvcalculus @ Apr 10 2018, 07:29 PM)
I didn't get to test drive 1.3X variant because the dealer only have 1.5 advance available. My personal opinion, yes Myvi 1.5 will get better performance in terms of engine and bigger space, but the other factors not so much.
Especially if what the SA said is true (that Myvi 1.3X will have same performance like Bezza 1.3), it will be better to choose Bezza (bigger boot, top spec with all feature). I think really need to go and test drive yourself to have better perspective..
what on earth do you mean the 1.3 is similar to the 1.5....
Its got more goodies thrown in... airbags, touch screen, reverse camera and the silly t&g reader. Safety wise its got more airbags and asa (tho asa is really pretty much a gimick). Obviously a larger more powerful engine too?

considering what you get for the difference in price, its kinda worth considering.

Compared to the bezza, there's a reason the myvi sold so well when it was launched. All in all, its a good package. Its trunk isnt small actually. Its even has a full sized spare (which is on a rim, not a steel wheel or a silly space saver). Dont even get me started on the rear seat. the myvi's legroom is way more spacious.
iluvcalculus
post Apr 11 2018, 03:51 PM

46 posts

QUOTE(ajay67 @ Apr 11 2018, 11:20 AM)
no not for me. i mean for u. i just bought diff car  smile.gif
Oh, well I didn't have one to test, so I can't comment much unless I can borrow someone's car and test it myself. Most of the showroom only have the higher model for testing i suppose.

QUOTE(mdziaf @ Apr 11 2018, 01:20 PM)
I think you can't go wrong with any of the three cars mentioned. It is a bit more than your budget originally set, but at the end its your call  cool2.gif

Between the three models:
If you got no kids then the Picanto is what I would recommend. The new model is nice, with a good HU that supports AndroidAuto biggrin.gif
If you got kids but want a hatchback, then Myvi je la.. no need to think more..
If you got kids but want a sedan, I would still recommend the Myvi icon_idea.gif
Well, Picanto is on top on my list now with all the safety and interior. And I will be the only driver most of the time so I think its best to have a driving comfort and safety the most. But I do agree to get Myvi, but the top spec only (too bad way too much over for me).

QUOTE(lsm1991 @ Apr 11 2018, 02:07 PM)
what on earth do you mean the 1.3 is similar to the 1.5....
Its got more goodies thrown in... airbags, touch screen, reverse camera and the silly t&g reader. Safety wise its got more airbags and asa (tho asa is really pretty much a gimick). Obviously a larger more powerful engine too?

considering what you get for the difference in price, its kinda worth considering.

Compared to the bezza, there's a reason the myvi sold so well when it was launched. All in all, its a good package. Its trunk isnt small actually. Its even has a full sized spare (which is on a rim, not a steel wheel or a silly space saver). Dont even get me started on the rear seat. the myvi's legroom is way more spacious.
Hi, I am sorry but I think you might misread what I am saying. I didn't say 1.3 model similar to 1.5 model (Myvi) though. I do agree that Myvi 1.5 AV have better performance compare to all the cars that I tested. The reason i exclude Myvi 1.5 AV is mainly because of price (same reason for Iriz 1.6 Premium) and some personal factors.
Since I will be using car for daily commute and client visit, I will be alone most of the time, so legroom is not that important point for me. Of course yes its nice to have, but if i can get more things for driver comfort, i will choose that first rather than choosing for passenger convenience.
I am sorry if any of my word offending you, but I am just saying my opinion.
zenix
post Apr 12 2018, 12:09 AM

Pirate Captain
6,149 posts

QUOTE(Kaffatsum @ Apr 9 2018, 03:18 PM)
Hi.
Wondering, is there a big difference in the pre skyactiv models vs the ones with skyactiv for Mazda 3?
yup.
stronger, faster, lighter, no fuel saving drool.gif

QUOTE(ajay67 @ Apr 10 2018, 09:30 AM)
how about myvi 1.3?
A to B transport if you need b-segment space.
For that price you can get a better spec bezza.
ajay67
post Apr 12 2018, 09:06 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,946 posts

QUOTE(zenix @ Apr 12 2018, 12:09 AM)
A to B transport if you need b-segment space.
For that price you can get a better spec bezza.

i was suggesting to TS. its not for me. btw if compare myvi vs ugly bezza, i very much prefer myvi. besides, most ppl dont need extra luggage space for daily commute. in fact if were to choose b/w axia & bezza, i will gladly choose axia.

iluvcalculus
post Apr 12 2018, 12:48 PM

46 posts

QUOTE(ajay67 @ Apr 12 2018, 09:06 AM)
i was suggesting to TS. its not for me. btw if compare myvi vs ugly bezza, i very much prefer myvi. besides, most ppl dont need extra luggage space for daily commute. in fact if were to choose b/w axia & bezza, i will gladly choose axia.
I think everyone preference is different. I have tried to go in Axia, and when I want to sit, the steering wheel hits my thigh. When sitting, it also dont have enough space between the steering wheel and my thigh (maybe it just me). I am not sure if there is any tilt mechanism in Axia, if its there, i think its good also.
But well, if agree we will need to choose car that we like, if not, how to tahan see this car everyday. lol

zenix
post Apr 13 2018, 10:51 PM

Pirate Captain
6,149 posts

QUOTE(ajay67 @ Apr 12 2018, 09:06 AM)
that is your personal preference and bias.
what this thread is about is talking as unbias as we can so n00bs can make the best informed decision.

QUOTE(iluvcalculus @ Apr 12 2018, 12:48 PM)
I think everyone preference is different. I have tried to go in Axia, and when I want to sit, the steering wheel hits my thigh. When sitting, it also dont have enough space between the steering wheel and my thigh (maybe it just me). I am not sure if there is any tilt mechanism in Axia, if its there, i think its good also.
But well, if agree we will need to choose car that we like, if not, how to tahan see this car everyday. lol
the bolded part is one topic often discussed here because usually when an all new model comes along the old one would be almost given away with big discounts.
earlier this year when mazda was clearing stock for the cx5 the made in december "old" cx5 were discounted as much as 16k!
but then here comes the "tahan see this car everyday" coz although u got new car.
will you feel like a sohai driving around in the "old model" eventhough it is a new car and you made the better financial situation?

sometimes specs don't change much especially for toyota recently.
you get a new body and style but still using the previous models "bones" and "organs"

ok i'm going to stop with the quotation marks now rclxs0.gif

seankeith90
post Apr 14 2018, 12:39 PM

Getting Started
71 posts

Hi, just want to ask if im buying a 50k car, how much cash do i need to have in hand assuming its 50k excluding insurance.

Is rm5k for 10% deposit enough? do i need to factor in insurance and admin fees? thanks
LazyKurosaki
post Apr 15 2018, 02:12 AM

Master of Donut
1,120 posts

Is sonata lf a bad car? Don't see many on road and hyundai giving like 40k discount
jackerz
post Apr 16 2018, 11:17 PM

Getting Started
54 posts

Second hand CX-5 or new HRV?
life27
post Apr 18 2018, 08:35 AM

Casual
469 posts

Morning ,
Should I get a new bezza for 7 year loan with interest 3.2 and rm10k down payment

Or should get a used vios 2015 with 7 year loan with interest 3.9 and rm10k down payment

Which will be my Better choice ?
KingArthurVI
post Apr 19 2018, 05:48 PM

BWOAHHHH
1,040 posts

1. Brand : Honda, Mazda, VW
2. Budget : 120-140k (can edge a bit higher too if there's a suggestion/candidate that's vastly better than the cars at this range for not very significant markup than 140k)
3. New/Used/Unreg : Preferably new
4. Specs : reverse camera, engine start/stop a must
5. Transmission : Auto/CVT
6. NA or FI : either
7. Type : Hatchback/C-segment
8. Remarks : Looking to buy a new car and at first the Civic TC-P seemed like the best option but after hearing complaints in the Civic car club about lots of issues like weird noises and ride height being too low I'm also thinking about the Mazda3 hatchback (high spec Skyactiv). Threw in VW under brand of interest since the Passat is apparently now 15k off till end of this month but not sure which one of these 3 is best for me in order of following priority: fun to drive, comfort, engine reliability and maintenance cost. Resale value isn't as important compared to how well the car drives.

This post has been edited by KingArthurVI: Apr 19 2018, 05:50 PM
mdziaf
post Apr 20 2018, 07:32 AM

Getting Started
78 posts

QUOTE(KingArthurVI @ Apr 19 2018, 05:48 PM)
2. Budget : 120-140k (can edge a bit higher too if there's a suggestion/candidate that's vastly better than the cars at this range for not very significant markup than 140k)
6. NA or FI :  either
8. Remarks : Looking to buy a new car and at first the Civic TC-P seemed like the best option but after hearing complaints in the Civic car club about lots of issues like weird noises and ride height being too low I'm also thinking about the Mazda3 hatchback (high spec Skyactiv). Threw in VW under brand of interest since the Passat is apparently now 15k off till end of this month but not sure which one of these 3 is best for me in order of following priority: fun to drive, comfort, engine reliability and maintenance cost. Resale value isn't as important compared to how well the car drives.
Between the three you've listed I'd go for Mazda 3.. But if you want more options: Hyundai Elantra Sports? Better driveability compared to Civic and has more power over the Civic.
lockheed90
post Apr 20 2018, 08:54 AM

Getting Started
271 posts

QUOTE(KingArthurVI @ Apr 19 2018, 05:48 PM)
6. NA or FI :  either
Why not consider CX5 2.0 GL? priced at 133k
KingArthurVI
post Apr 20 2018, 03:50 PM

BWOAHHHH
1,040 posts

QUOTE(mdziaf @ Apr 20 2018, 07:32 AM)
Between the three you've listed I'd go for Mazda 3.. But if you want more options: Hyundai Elantra Sports? Better driveability compared to Civic and has more power over the Civic.
Mainly because of looks, the Elantra Sport looks quite dated both interior and exterior wise IMHO cry.gif

QUOTE(lockheed90 @ Apr 20 2018, 08:54 AM)
Why not consider CX5 2.0 GL? priced at 133k
I was looking at the higher end CX-5 models which are definitely out of my price range... entry level models typically don’t interest me because of lack of cool features or leather seats etc, but I’ll go check out the spec comparison now, thanks!

Edit, for GL there’s only leather upgrade option which isn’t too bad but the lamps are mostly bulbs and that’s a letdown. I also don’t think I need SUV at this point of time so I’ll mostly still stick to hatchbacks or C sedans

This post has been edited by KingArthurVI: Apr 20 2018, 04:01 PM
joshgm_119
post Apr 20 2018, 03:56 PM

Getting Started
171 posts

QUOTE(KingArthurVI @ Apr 20 2018, 03:50 PM)
Mainly because of looks, the Elantra Sport looks quite dated both interior and exterior wise IMHO cry.gif
I was looking at the higher end CX-5 models which are definitely out of my price range... entry level models typically don’t interest me because of lack of cool features or leather seats etc, but I’ll go check out the spec comparison now, thanks!
Interesting stuff man. Do keep us posted on what you do decide on in the end. I'm in the same boat as you, but looking to purchase only by year end.

Cheers!
J
KingArthurVI
post Apr 20 2018, 04:04 PM

BWOAHHHH
1,040 posts

QUOTE(joshgm_119 @ Apr 20 2018, 03:56 PM)
Interesting stuff man. Do keep us posted on what you do decide on in the end. I'm in the same boat as you, but looking to purchase only by year end.

Cheers!
J
Will do! Going to test drive the Mazda3 this weekend hopefully that’ll help make up my mind. My plan is to get a booking in during Raya month when there most likely is going to be rebates all around.
Rushy
post Apr 20 2018, 07:07 PM

Getting Started
225 posts

Needs further advice and feedback.
I am looking around for these 2 used cars.
Ford Focus Titanium+ and VW Jetta, both are 2013 model with the intention to drive for 2 years or so.
Those 2 car are fun to drive. I know those cars has it's own problem with their transmission.
Which car has better access to the car parts as 5 years old car tends to need some additional care?
Maintenance cost wise, which is higher?
ez2rmbr
post Apr 21 2018, 04:52 PM

11 posts

If I have a budget of 50k, should I go for :

i) new Myvi (2018) , or

ii) 2nd hand jap car (Mazda 3 , Vios, City from 2013 with low mileage)

uses:
1. City driving
2. one-two passengers
kae7
post Apr 22 2018, 02:57 AM

10k VIP Club
All Stars
10,950 posts

QUOTE(ez2rmbr @ Apr 21 2018, 04:52 PM)
If I have a budget of 50k, should I go for :

i) new Myvi (2018) , or

ii) 2nd hand jap car (Mazda 3 , Vios, City from 2013 with low mileage)
uses:
1. City driving
2. one-two passengers
Theoretically and Practically - Myvi 2018. 1.5AV is the best, but since your budget is much lower, 1.3 variant is still okay.

FreakyRookie
post Apr 22 2018, 11:27 AM

Getting Started
155 posts

Post #6
1. Brand : Mazda 3
2. Budget : RM70,000-RM80,000
3. New/Used/Unreg : Used
4. Specs : 2.0
5. Transmission : AT
6. NA or FI : -
7. Type : Sedan