Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Dentistry, Potential dentist gather =)

views

hown
post Dec 18 2010, 12:26 AM

iPhone 12 mini
1,462 posts

QUOTE(dentalfloss @ Dec 17 2010, 05:48 PM)
I am a local matriculation students.if my total kk marks is abt 80-83 only,will it be sufficient to secure dentisatry in ipta ?(provided that i gt 4.0)
believe me,u will get it
priority is given to matric students compared to stpm students
just put UM as first choice,u will definitely get it
hown
post Jan 10 2011, 01:35 PM

iPhone 12 mini
1,462 posts

QUOTE(beyond_99 @ Dec 18 2010, 12:51 AM)
What makes you so sure about this??
The number of student in matric getting 4.0 is damn a lot.. more than the seat offered.
yes thats a lot but matrics is given priority.
my frens(matric students with 4.0),9 out of 10 got his/her first choice,thats medicine/pharmacy those popular courses

This post has been edited by hown: Jan 10 2011, 01:35 PM
hown
post Aug 13 2011, 02:41 AM

iPhone 12 mini
1,462 posts

hey guys..nice to meet u all smile.gif
im from aimst..bds year 1 smile.gif
hown
post Sep 10 2011, 02:09 AM

iPhone 12 mini
1,462 posts

Masha is still new,try to talk to seniors in masha and ask for their opinions
hown
post Dec 29 2011, 01:40 PM

iPhone 12 mini
1,462 posts

as a aimst bds student i dont think we r way behind imu
FYI imu 'digged' a lot of our lecturers to their faculty..as far as i know,2 orthodontics lecturers,2 paedodontics lecturers and some lecturers from medic faculty..i was like wth ==
for pre-clinical years we are sharing lecturers with medic students,some r good but some r sub-standard..
no doubt,imu is more famous,but in terms of facilities inside and quality of clinical training,aimst is definitely better

hown
post Jan 11 2012, 08:16 PM

iPhone 12 mini
1,462 posts

Try Masha,i've heard lots of negative comments abt segi
hown
post Jan 12 2012, 02:05 PM

iPhone 12 mini
1,462 posts

QUOTE(SeeQW @ Jan 11 2012, 10:36 PM)
Hi there,

what are the differences between 'housemanship' and 'compulsory service' ? I just asked MAHSA and SEGi. BDS/DDS in both uni requires 2 years of housemanship.. Mahsa - 1 year compulsory service. SEGi - 3 years

Are those two different things?
if im not mistaken,it's 2 years

Added on January 12, 2012, 2:07 pm
QUOTE(panda123 @ Jan 12 2012, 01:48 PM)
OMGGGG!!!
do you mind share some info bout segi??grrrrrr
what are these negative comments??

thankssss:))))))
try to utilize the search function and read all the related posts in this forum--Education Essentials
it's not good to talk bad things about others

This post has been edited by hown: Jan 12 2012, 02:07 PM
hown
post May 1 2013, 09:39 PM

iPhone 12 mini
1,462 posts

QUOTE(MayFlower29 @ Apr 29 2013, 04:02 AM)
Have any of you considered KLE University, Belgaum, India? It's not a very famous university to most Malaysians as it is not really publicized a lot, but believe it or not, there are around 400-500 Malaysian students studying Medicine and Dentistry here. This includes JPA and MARA Scholars along with Independent students, so you don't have to worry about the recognition (Recognized by both Malaysia and India, and for those who would like to practice in Aussie or NZ later, KLE is one of the few Indian universities accepted by them - you only have to pass their board exam and then you can start practicing). Much like MMMC, KLE University is formed by a group of constituent colleges, and those with Malaysian students are:

1. Jawarharlal Nehru Medical College (JNMC)
2. V.K. Institute of Dental Sciences
3. USM-KLE Medical Program (USM - Yes, University Sains Malaysia and KLE have collaborated and formed a 5-year Medical Program fully based in Belgaum but the degree is conferred by USM. They will be starting a similar dental program soon as the dean from the Dental Faculty at USM keeps visiting our dental college ever so often.. so look out for that)

As a dental student myself (I'm in my final year now) I can say that the patient exposure here is truly commendable. I've seen all sorts of patients ranging from those with great oral hygiene up to those with almost unbelievable conditions. Just for an example, when I had come a year back to Msia and was having a chat with one of my mates who is also is her final year at AIMST that time, she had not even heard of three quarters of the diseases that I've seen in patients over here. I'm not trying to condemn AIMST or anything, all I'm saying is if you want patient exposure, you certainly will get it here - and loads of it. Also, you get to treat many patients as an undergrad. In my 3rd year itself I'd done close to 15 Amalgam fillings. And now in final year, I've done another 18 amalgam's, 5 composite fillings, delivered 2 dentures to patients, etc. etc. But of course, this also depends on how :rajin" you are. Remember, the more enthusiasm you show to learn, the more knowledge you will get from your lecturers.

Regarding the fees, when I joined my total fees was RM118,000 excluding accommodation and other extra fees. But even after including all that, and with flight tickets twice a year back home and my monthly expenditure, the total my parents have spent on me up until now is a little over RM175,000. Something to keep in mind at MMMC; while the campus is great - loads of Malaysians all over the place, and they've really spruced it up so much that you don't even feel like you're in India (Eg. malaysian food everywhere, clubs, bars, etc.) - hostel fees here are exorbitant. For a room that's 1/3rd of the size of mine here in KLE, they pay 3-4 times more. I've been there many times and honestly, it's a very expensive place to stay and for those who really want to concentrate, that just isn't the place.

If you would like to know more about KLE, drop me a question anytime and I'll do my best to reply =)
agent detected
hown
post Feb 3 2014, 01:54 PM

iPhone 12 mini
1,462 posts

QUOTE(faberkiat @ Jan 23 2014, 12:25 PM)
Hi, just would like to ask whether there is any dental instrument or tools that are required to buy for a dental student?
which uni u are in?
hown
post Feb 5 2014, 03:26 AM

iPhone 12 mini
1,462 posts

QUOTE(Zorz @ Feb 4 2014, 10:05 PM)
Good read for future dentists

The Star
"there are 10 dentists but only four dental chairs and hundreds of patients waiting."

let's assume there are 100 patients,10 patients per dentists per day,which is really more than enough.
Gov should allocate more fund to buy dental chairs,the demand from the public is great and not many can afford dental treatment because they are really very expensive
hown
post Feb 5 2014, 09:20 PM

iPhone 12 mini
1,462 posts

QUOTE(Zorz @ Feb 5 2014, 05:18 PM)
10 patients per day would still make it the highest paying job for the least amount of work done in a day.
because it is all about your hands on skills

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0275sec    0.35    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 05:55 PM