Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

[WTB] Video Editing PC., Helping on behalf.

views

TSkaide23
post Jun 24 2016, 09:43 AM, updated 8y ago

9 posts

Hello and greeting to all bosses...

I am helping my father in-law to asking prices to setup a desktop that can allow him to video editing and photo editing, he already a retired person and now hooked up with photo shooting and video shooting. But some of the items he really insisted want the specs as below:

Processor: Intel i7 6700K
Graphic: GTX 980 or 980 Ti
Motherboard: Please help recommend, no overclocking required, since I scare if he found out got this option, he might screw up the PC.
RAM: Please help recommend, 16GB is minimal
SSD: He wanted a Intel SSD that cost around USD190, but if not wrong, there are some better SSD out there with cheaper price right? Capacity 750GB above, since he don't know how to manage his space although I had told him if he is getting a SSD, he really need to manage his SSD space and save his stuff.
HDD: 1TB Capacity
PSU: Please help recommend
Casing: Please help recommend, because he have quite a congested place to put his PC, I was worry about heat problem.
Cooling: Does he need better cooling? He turn on his PC early in the morning around 7.30am and until around 11pm only he turn off his PC.

Hope to get the price as soon as possible. If he is ok with price provided, he will ask his son to go collect the items with you guys.

Thanks in advance.
tbsalan
post Jun 24 2016, 09:48 AM

Getting Started
185 posts

just get a workstation..problem solved...+ u dont have to worry faulty part as normally workstation come with 3-5 yrs warranty...
TSkaide23
post Jun 24 2016, 10:30 AM

9 posts

QUOTE(tbsalan @ Jun 24 2016, 10:48 AM)
just get a workstation..problem solved...+ u dont have to worry faulty part as normally workstation come with 3-5 yrs warranty...
Just he is stubborn and wanted a self build PC, when old people are stubborn, I really don't know how to handle them... bangwall.gif bangwall.gif bangwall.gif
eclectice
post Jun 24 2016, 10:35 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,708 posts

QUOTE(kaide23 @ Jun 24 2016, 10:30 AM)
Just he is stubborn and wanted a self build PC, when old people are stubborn, I really don't know how to handle them... bangwall.gif  bangwall.gif  bangwall.gif
If he wants a custom PC, can go with one of the custom PC shops and look at the specs below:

DotaTech It Taman Nirwana Ampang
http://www.lelong.com.my/merchant/lingloong.htm

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0118sec    0.41    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 11:40 PM