4 Pages  1 2 3 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> YES 4G voice , sms and Internet

views

extercy
post May 29 2021, 01:18 PM

Getting Started
156 posts

Because this is a join campaign with the government, not getting the phone with the phone data package is scamming.

During the sign up there are 2 options, phone with 15GB/month or 30GB/month. So if you getting 15GB with no phone, then it is scamming.

The FB post on YES FB is insane as some join in just to be with the crowd. Some even say cannot play TikTok when the objective is to help with study... or work.

Hardware specs are outdated for a full android OS but this is Android 10 GO Edition... so many of them talking out of their asses. If these people are using it other than for study, better buy a phone rather than hoping a free phone to be the latest iPhone or Samsung.

I see this YES phone with 15GB/month data is good value for RM 180 Tebus but there are more options for RM300 Tebus... more options but you have to pay more too with contract.

Testing my YES SIM from Shopee shows the performance is on par or better than Unifi, which is my go to for data, which is about 30 Down and 2.5 Up. And if you shop at Shopee, you can also get more data to add to your plan.

YES app is good and useful.

But YES only has data. No Call or SMS can be received, not on my current SIM anyways that comes with free 10GB data.

I got SMS but no email 3 days after I register. Phone and SIM will only ETA from mid July ! Crazy long 2 months.

This post has been edited by extercy: May 29 2021, 01:27 PM
extercy
post Jun 11 2021, 12:00 PM

Getting Started
156 posts

The Alcatel 1 you receive is Dual SIM + microSD or Single SIM + microSD ?

extercy
post Jun 11 2021, 12:11 PM

Getting Started
156 posts

can share some pictures ?

extercy
post Jun 11 2021, 01:28 PM

Getting Started
156 posts

Have you tried if VoLTE is available ?
And its looks like Alcatel 1 have a few sub models... do you know what is the code for this Alcatel 1 ? 5033D ?

Thanks

This post has been edited by extercy: Jun 11 2021, 01:29 PM
extercy
post Jun 11 2021, 02:39 PM

Getting Started
156 posts

Nice .. I am also a Unifi user so that is great to know.

Forgot to ask, you did the Tebus RM 180 or RM 300. I just wonder is YES is going to use the same model for both or Altitude 3 for RM 180 and Alcatel 1 for RM 300. Curious to see.

I have to wait till July 19 onwards before I can get it.. dang.

extercy
post Jun 11 2021, 03:28 PM

Getting Started
156 posts

For B40 that don't have spare disposable income, this is still the best option as there is no money up front and 1 year of service without contract or validity issues. Signal issues maybe since no Telco has 100% coverage.

I assume the Altitude 3 has depleted and Alcatel 1 is the new replacement.
Altitude 3 - most updated Android Go, less storage.
Alcatel 1 - outdated Android GO, more storage.

Geez.. can't get anything good.
extercy
post Jun 11 2021, 03:56 PM

Getting Started
156 posts

Why I still say YES is the best option for B40 whether they are student, smartphone virgins and old folks is because non tech nerds or non gadget enthusiast will never dive into the phone settings ever.

Look at YES package - phone and data plan.

Phone - low specs with Android Go, which are tuned by Android to be low in consumption ie power and data.

Plan - 15GB/ month = 500MB/day - limited data but enough for all the above mentioned people.

After some researching, I find the package is a balance solution for the above group of people. The phone limits the use to the limited data plan even if the data plan is 30GB/month.

Most of the complains in YES 4G FB are mostly regrets due to greedy choice. They saw unknown free phone and just went for it. They did not even check if they have coverage in their place of use, which is the most basic thing to do.

Its no point owning a better phone when you cannot afford a monthly data plan. Its like owning a motorbike but cannot afford the petrol or owning a high tech Japanese/Korean rich cooker but cannot afford the rice.
extercy
post Jun 11 2021, 09:42 PM

Getting Started
156 posts

QUOTE(Skylinestar @ Jun 11 2021, 08:42 PM)
Yea .. this came up awhile ago but rather stupid because they say "Outdate" ... Android 10 Go Edition out of date ? OK it will be soon but still up to date until now. If they say Altitude 2 .. than that is outdate .. Android 7. I know they will also complain if you give them an iPhone X since it is outdated nod.gif

But I read somewhere before that MCMC reply was " Willing Seller Willing Buyer " so it is basically a slap back for these fellas for not choosing correctly. biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by extercy: Jun 11 2021, 09:44 PM
extercy
post Jun 11 2021, 09:47 PM

Getting Started
156 posts

Guys and gals, do update what you have just receive,

Altitude 3 or Alcatel 1 ?
extercy
post Jun 12 2021, 10:22 AM

Getting Started
156 posts

QUOTE(JLA @ Jun 12 2021, 07:12 AM)
“Tahun lepas saya buat pencalonan nama anak saya yang mengambil Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia (SPM) untuk pelan YTL-LFH. Selepas lulus, mereka hantar e-mel minta saya lengkapkan pendaftaran dengan memuat naik salinan MyKad saya dan anak. Bagaimanapun saya abaikan e-mel tersebut.

“Apabila pelancaran Jaringan Prihatin dilaksanakan, saya menyemak kelayakan tersebut melalui nombor MyKad dalam laman web YES. Terus sistem YES pradaftar nombor MyKad saya.

“Saya sedar ketika cuba menyemak dengan syarikat telco lain, mereka mengatakan saya sudah mendaftar program YES Prihatin. Pendaftaran itu dibuat tanpa persetujuan saya,” katanya.
https://www.sinarharian.com.my/article/1426...t-telefon-cikai

many complain like this at yes4g facebook until yes have to disable comment.
Yes, I also have been reading the comments of their FB and this case type is real but the real cases like this has been covered by the "scam" and "outdate" and there are quite a few just jump on the boat to be with the crowd. I do feel for those that really got short change and hope their problems to be really resolve but others that have made a greedy wrong choice .. that is blardy stupid and are burying the real complaints.

This post has been edited by extercy: Jun 12 2021, 10:23 AM
extercy
post Jun 12 2021, 09:49 PM

Getting Started
156 posts

Hopefully Altitude 4 is true .. good to have Android 11 Go edition.

Nothing surface yet so its just speculation for now. But hopefully it's true and I can get one since mine will only come end July.

This post has been edited by extercy: Jun 13 2021, 12:31 AM
extercy
post Jun 13 2021, 12:13 PM

Getting Started
156 posts

QUOTE(Azusa_San @ Jun 13 2021, 12:55 AM)
still can redeem the plan with free smartphone?

As I see it show the plan is fully subscribe.
Got screenshot ?

extercy
post Jun 13 2021, 06:25 PM

Getting Started
156 posts

Mediatek 64-bit (Altitude 3 & Alcatel 1) vs Unisoc 32-bit (Altitude 4).

Basically the SOC downgrades to have bigger screen (same 480p ?), more RAM and Storage.

Mediatek got tools to tweak. Performance of Altitude 4 might be same or poorer.

Let's hope YES 4G start to ship out quickly since Altitude 4 is out in the wild now.

Unisoc is state own meaning it is own by the CCP.

This post has been edited by extercy: Jun 13 2021, 07:15 PM
extercy
post Jun 14 2021, 01:54 PM

Getting Started
156 posts

QUOTE(ohtheirony @ Jun 14 2021, 01:38 PM)
Apparently yes altitude 2 is also made by spreadtrum now known as UNISOC

My concern is if the phone comes with malware, which is xhelper, as cheap android phones are the target, such as those flooding south africa

https://blog.malwarebytes.com/android/2019/...raises-xhelper/
Thanks for the info .. didn't read about this since this YES phone will be my first ever China phone. Hopefully you know how to check and can inform us if it is embedded in YES Altitude 4.

Altitude 2 was mainly for the Teacher programs to help Teachers to do the Study from Home. I think Altitude 2 already ran out.

This post has been edited by extercy: Jun 14 2021, 01:55 PM
extercy
post Jun 14 2021, 10:31 PM

Getting Started
156 posts

No wonder all the YES Prihatin got delays. That's where all the phones went.

Good choice but what is the value the government is buying it for ? Mark up here and there .. might come up to RM 1000 value laugh.gif But since YES was appointed for the Teacher Study from home thingy, all is well I guess.

This post has been edited by extercy: Jun 15 2021, 12:39 AM
extercy
post Jun 15 2021, 12:47 AM

Getting Started
156 posts

Most that have a better phone will most likely use it as hotspot or backup phone. For beginners/ smartphone virgins, ok lar .. if you drop the phone also not so heart sick as most people will drop their first smartphone once.

UniFI at my place is not bad but YES 4G is much faster as it is less congested. But it varies also throughout the day. And with Shopee and YES free data promotion, it is definitely good for me as I get more data.

extercy
post Jun 15 2021, 04:00 PM

Getting Started
156 posts

Depends how you read it. Those that work with the government before knows that the mark ups are normally higher (2x - 3x is not uncommon) than MSRP because the company need to finance the equipment before they get paid 3-4 years later. Even the quote for the equipment can be delayed for 2 years or more before approval. This is a norm. No slandering here because we all know that is a sensitive issue. Thanks for giving the heads up.

admin .. if there is any hint of slandering, please delete my post as I do not want to get anyone in trouble. Your discretion is much appreciated.

This post has been edited by extercy: Jun 15 2021, 04:43 PM
extercy
post Jun 15 2021, 04:05 PM

Getting Started
156 posts

QUOTE(JLA @ Jun 15 2021, 08:16 AM)
ytl-f ytl-c have big cable vith moe. bistarinet, schpol as base station, low spec teacher phone student phone, free little data for school thing
What is ytl-f and ytl-c ?
extercy
post Jun 15 2021, 04:26 PM

Getting Started
156 posts

QUOTE(LostAndFound @ Jun 15 2021, 01:12 AM)
Currently all the shopee vouchers for Yes do not extend validity right? Just extra data?
From what I am seeing, my validity of my RM1 SHOPEE YES SIM is different that the add on data. So it looks like the free data will not extended the validity of the SIM/line.

Forgot to add this :
The SHOPEE YES free data have an expiry of 3 months starting 1 of the month you receive it... normally like second week iirc. So you don't need to claim and use it within the month you receive it. I claimed mine from 2 months ago and it was good. But got delay to update the free data on the app.

This post has been edited by extercy: Jun 15 2021, 04:38 PM
extercy
post Jun 15 2021, 04:31 PM

Getting Started
156 posts

Actually to solve the problem of not using a laptop, you can actually use the phone with a Bluetooth keyboard.. then you will have more screen since you can hide the keyboard on the phone. And can buy one of those magnifying glass that apparently make the screen bigger.. fresnel lense 😂

4 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0238sec    0.60    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 25th July 2021 - 06:28 PM