Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Queries ANXIETY DISORDER NEED HELP!, I need to find a good psychiatrist is KL

views

TSRaven579
post Jun 15 2016, 03:34 PM, updated 8y ago

2 posts

I am in need of HELP!!

For the last few weeks I have been experiencing what seems to be Panic Attacks that are caused by constant Anxiety.
I keep feeling lightheaded, faint, nauseaous and my heart beats go up and I feel like I'm gonna go CRAZY . Like I'm constantly on edge and I'm trembling and worried.
I don't know whether I should visit my General Doctor first and have him diagnose if there is anything physically wrong with me, or straight away go to a psychiatrist???

Who should I see first???

Please recommend me some good psychiatrists in KL area with low cost. And please tell me how much they cost.
SUSslimey
post Jun 15 2016, 08:28 PM

6,914 posts

go see a gp first.........

always rule out physical causes first before going to seek out mental causes.
sr2016
post Nov 27 2017, 12:58 PM

45 posts

QUOTE(Raven579 @ Jun 15 2016, 03:34 PM)
I am in need of HELP!!

For the last few weeks I have been experiencing what seems to be Panic Attacks that are caused by constant Anxiety.
I keep feeling lightheaded, faint, nauseaous and my heart beats go up and I feel like I'm gonna go CRAZY . Like I'm constantly on edge and I'm trembling and worried.
I don't know whether I should visit my General Doctor first and have him diagnose if there is anything physically wrong with me, or straight away go to a psychiatrist???
Who should I see first???
Please recommend me some good psychiatrists in KL area with low cost. And please tell me how much they cost.
As you ask for low cost I can't recommend anyone specifically.

As for the panic attacks, I understand, been through them myself. It is a constant feeling that the panic is going to get worse, you'll do something crazy, and then this makes the anxiety even worse --> ie. a terrible feedback loop.

The first thing to remember is that there is probably some deep "trigger" or trauma that has crept up... physcially, mentally or spiritually.

I am not a doctor or qualified counsellor. But from my personal experience the first thing is to seek GP then psychiatrist help. Anti-anxiety medication can be the first, very important step to just "drop" the panic state to something more manageable.

All the best.
rsf
post Nov 27 2017, 03:46 PM

49 posts

New Health, PJ.

This post has been edited by rsf: Nov 27 2017, 03:47 PM

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0146sec    0.41    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 11:11 PM