Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

USA Stock Discussion v8, Brexit: What happens now?

views

Moneylust
post Apr 24 2020, 12:57 AM

Getting Started
139 posts

But market not going down? What madness is this?

QUOTE(Raymond_ACCA @ Apr 24 2020, 12:52 AM)
GILD flopped its test - according to Financial Times - heard from yahoo finance live.
Moneylust
post Apr 24 2020, 01:07 AM

Getting Started
139 posts

Many of us might still be jobless 1 year from now. And without a cure or treatment, lockdowns may last a lot longer than many expect.

QUOTE(Raymond_ACCA @ Apr 24 2020, 01:03 AM)
Almost lost all its green today, then it just went back all the way up. Nowadays bad news don't affect market. Everyone has a >1 year view that everything will be back to normal lol.
Moneylust
post Nov 10 2020, 11:03 PM

Getting Started
139 posts

What is your expected return for PSTH?

I'm looking to put a small amount of money in a SPAC/stock that could be a multi-bagger.

Also considering BTWNU and MLAC - maybe they could find the next SE?

This writer seems to know a thing or two about SPACs and this is what he owns:
https://seekingalpha.com/article/4378916-5-...f-spacs-i-avoid

I am long some of what I would consider to be some of the biggest and best SPACs on the market, including Bill Ackman's Pershing Square Tontine Holdings (PSTH), Chamath Palihapitiya's IPOB and IPOC, Tortoise Asset Management's SNPR, and I am currently evaluating some of the other pre-deal SPACs.
QUOTE(Raymond_ACCA @ Nov 10 2020, 04:11 PM)
In fact, I exited my 2022 C call options and JPM stocks, wanted to get rid of it for quite some time with some nice profit. I'd rather maintain my bank exposure in Berkshire and that's it lol.

Tech large caps is a little scary though. Berkshire sold some AAPL too in the latest filing. I guess now really have to study more tech at the small to mid range cap.

Those good value tech stocks that I studied and have positions in:
NFLX (Yes, I believe they will dominate the streaming services, all movies who wants recognition needs to go on Netflix (Cobra Kai for example), there's also the opportunity for selling subtle ads space for product placements in their original contents, which is slowly overtaking tv show licensing) e.g the characters only uses a certain phone brand, drives BMW etc).
DIS (For the +, believe they will be the 2nd leading streaming services based on their brand alone)
SQ (Share price is. high though.. hmm but the fact that their bitcoin transactions via their platform is at all time high, just holding a small position on this)
PSTG (Cloud B2B)
PSTH (let's hope they identify some nice fintech/tech private company)
MOMO (China play)

So any tech stocks that you have been looking at in depth?
Moneylust
post Apr 8 2022, 06:16 PM

Getting Started
139 posts

Bro,

How much capital did you deploy to make that making usd400-450/week just by selling options?

And the options of which companies did you sell, other than Starbucks?

QUOTE(Ramjade @ Apr 5 2022, 04:25 PM)
Actually no. Maximum you lose is the amount you paid for 1 contract. That's it. Nothing more or nothing less.

Buying 1 contract = 100 shares but = lesser value than buying 100 shares outirght. Don't believe me go and do a simple Google of buying saying say 100 Tesla shares Vs buying 1 deep in the money call options for Tesla. See the difference?

If the options is deep in the money, you can exercise the options you bought or 100 shares. Those 100 shares is worth something provided the company is still around. biggrin.gif
As long as any options is deep in the money it will auto exercise upon expiry date.

You will lose money only if the company goes to zero. Buying 1 contract will make you lose less money Vs buying 100 shares outright if the company goes to zero.

But if your are selling naked calls the risk can be a lot if you domt have the collateral to back it up.

I am talking about buying deep in the money calls here.

Another strategy you can follow is chicken genius strategy. Sell at the money put 1 month out. On expiry date, just buy back the put to close it. But he only does it on Tesla.

If you know what you are doing with options, it's next best thing since sliced bread. I have been making usd400-450/week just by selling options. Not much but better than nothing. The USD400-450/week really help to refill my money chest faster than my salary or dividends. That's why I don't do dividend investing anymore. In fact this week those USD400-450/week paid for my 10 shares of Starbucks aka I am getting 10 free shares of Starbucks biggrin.gif
This post has been edited by Moneylust: Apr 8 2022, 06:17 PM
Moneylust
post Apr 8 2022, 11:42 PM

Getting Started
139 posts

Thank you, Ramjade. This might just be the key to help me avoid the fate of many of my older colleagues, who have to work past the retirement age.

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

Moneylust
post Nov 27 2023, 08:34 PM

Getting Started
139 posts

Looks like no Santa Claus rally this year ... no happy ending, no wind behind the stock market's sails. It's all Brandon and Dowager Xi's fault.

This post has been edited by Moneylust: Nov 27 2023, 08:35 PM

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.4150sec    0.57    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:49 AM