Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

675 Pages « < 405 406 407 408 409 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

USA Stock Discussion v8, Brexit: What happens now?

views

kembayang
post Mar 25 2021, 10:48 AM

Regular
1,320 posts

Every trading day -8% portfolio, how to sustain...
ozak
post Mar 25 2021, 11:02 AM

10k Club
All Stars
16,546 posts

QUOTE(ChAOoz @ Mar 25 2021, 10:45 AM)
BABA has been a pain in the ass for me. But i am still planning to add more of it just cause of i see value from it's CAI NIAO logistic division.

What worries me is that i have been frequently checking china social media to gauge on the ground sentiment on BABA, seemed majority of citizen have negative perceptions of alibaba now. The consensus is that they are a big bully and trying to do everything and eating up all small businesses. The government also share that feeling it seemed.
CCCP is cracking down on Fintech. Most of the China fintech is down.

CCCP want baba to separate the fintech from their business. That will certainly hurt baba.

So at the moment, fintech China is uncertain. Baba, Jd.com, pinduoduo etc.

Even pinduoduo CEO resigns already.

MGM
post Mar 25 2021, 11:29 AM

10k Club
All Stars
16,384 posts

QUOTE(ozak @ Mar 25 2021, 11:02 AM)

CCCP want baba to separate the fintech from their business. That will certainly hurt baba.

I heard the ccp govt is curbing the spread of fintech into the legacy banks biz n these govt owned banks r fighting back with new eproducts.
staticxtreme
post Mar 25 2021, 11:43 AM

Casual
483 posts

what a beating yesterday
icemanfx
post Mar 25 2021, 12:09 PM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
20,792 posts

BABA has been a pain in the ass for me. But i am still planning to add more of it just cause of i see value from it's CAI NIAO logistic division.

What worries me is that i have been frequently checking china social media to gauge on the ground sentiment on BABA, seemed majority of citizen have negative perceptions of alibaba now. The consensus is that they are a big bully and trying to do everything and eating up all small businesses. The government also share that feeling it seemed.

QUOTE(MGM @ Mar 25 2021, 11:29 AM)
I heard the ccp govt is curbing the spread of fintech into the legacy banks biz n these govt owned banks r fighting back with new eproducts.
jack ma and gang business empire will likely cannibalized by cpc. advised to stay far away.

SgtScoop
post Mar 25 2021, 12:29 PM

Getting Started
137 posts

If it's public sentiment, it's been fed to them through the media. Fed to them by the CCP.
Assassin's
post Mar 25 2021, 12:43 PM

Casual
467 posts

QUOTE(oe_kintaro @ Mar 23 2021, 02:18 PM)
He can't talk to save his life, but the factory is not vaporware. I'm optimistic share prices will return to normal once they deliver on their promises on the beta.
Lordstown will be testing the Endurance truck on the Baja challenge on April 17. If they fuck up on that, then no hope already.
oe_kintaro
post Mar 25 2021, 12:44 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,221 posts

QUOTE(Assassin's @ Mar 25 2021, 12:43 PM)
Lordstown will be testing the Endurance truck on the Baja challenge on April 17. If they fuck up on that, then no hope already.
yeah I know
joeblow
post Mar 25 2021, 12:55 PM

Regular
1,034 posts

QUOTE(MGM @ Mar 25 2021, 11:29 AM)
If you guys are following some of the Taiwan political shows, you will know things are not so simple. All these crackdown started after Jack Ma disses bank industry regulators at one of the global finance forum in China. A couple of reasons on the crackdown not discussed here:

1. Most of the China Big Tech has investors or nurtured via Jiang era, Xi takes this opportunity to purge those Red 2nd Generation who have vast investments in these companies. These companies are not loyal to Xi.
2. Xi saw what big tech did to Donald Trump. Maybe spooked by it. Big tech has huge digital influence and Jack Ma even owns South China newspaper... Of course must whack.
3. FinTech is becoming too big to fail. Hence too much power. Too many joeblows in the street borrow money from it, and these fintech in turn borrow from banks. Acting like middlemen, so huge systematic risk.

Truth be told I am not optimistic of China's future if the tension with US goes on. Joe Biden is supposed to be Obama 2.0. I hope it is really Obama 2.0 because I have huge amount of money invested in Unit Trusts for China and Asia funds... Now is already going into negative... Either way it will either go badly or things change in the near future. But long term unless end of world coming, with inflation etc I still have faith in US/China economy over Malaysia.

FYI my US portfolio is down over 20k usd now in just 1 week! Thinking of 3rd time averaging down if things get worse... This year seems to be a red red year for me.
icemanfx
post Mar 25 2021, 01:25 PM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
20,792 posts

QUOTE(joeblow @ Mar 25 2021, 12:55 PM)
If you guys are following some of the Taiwan political shows, you will know things are not so simple. All these crackdown started after Jack Ma disses bank industry regulators at one of the global finance forum in China. A couple of reasons on the crackdown not discussed here:

1. Most of the China Big Tech has investors or nurtured via Jiang era, Xi takes this opportunity to purge those Red 2nd Generation who have vast investments in these companies. These companies are not loyal to Xi.
2. Xi saw what big tech did to Donald Trump. Maybe spooked by it. Big tech has huge digital influence and Jack Ma even owns South China newspaper... Of course must whack.
3. FinTech is becoming too big to fail. Hence too much power. Too many joeblows in the street borrow money from it, and these fintech in turn borrow from banks. Acting like middlemen, so huge systematic risk.

Truth be told I am not optimistic of China's future if the tension with US goes on. Joe Biden is supposed to be Obama 2.0. I hope it is really Obama 2.0 because I have huge amount of money invested in Unit Trusts for China and Asia funds... Now is already going into negative... Either way it will either go badly or things change in the near future. But long term unless end of world coming, with inflation etc I still have faith in US/China economy over Malaysia.

FYI my US portfolio is down over 20k usd now in just 1 week! Thinking of 3rd time averaging down if things get worse... This year seems to be a red red year for me.
cpc rules is supreme, won't allow anyone to challenge or grow too big.

ChAOoz
post Mar 25 2021, 01:25 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,272 posts

QUOTE(icemanfx @ Mar 25 2021, 12:09 PM)
jack ma and gang business empire will likely cannibalized by cpc. advised to stay far away.
Risk vs Reward. Let's see how it goes tongue.gif

ChAOoz
post Mar 25 2021, 01:28 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,272 posts

QUOTE(icemanfx @ Mar 25 2021, 01:25 PM)
cpc rules is supreme, won't allow anyone to challenge or grow too big.
Well they still need someone to rival the US FAANG and US bigtech control over the world.

So yeah domestic control vs international expansion, which too choose. Hmmmm hmm tough indeed.

I placed my bet, the door to short BABA is always open. Wanna have a friendly wager ? tongue.gif
icemanfx
post Mar 25 2021, 02:17 PM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
20,792 posts

QUOTE(ChAOoz @ Mar 25 2021, 01:28 PM)
Well they still need someone to rival the US FAANG and US bigtech control over the world.

So yeah domestic control vs international expansion, which too choose. Hmmmm hmm tough indeed.

I placed my bet, the door to short BABA is always open. Wanna have a friendly wager ?  tongue.gif
Tech giants from Tencent Holdings Ltd. to Alibaba Group Holding Ltd. dived after U.S. regulators revived threats to toss China’s largest corporations off U.S. bourses, compounding concerns of a widening domestic antitrust crackdown.

Tencent and Alibaba slid more than 5% in Hong Kong Thursday before paring losses, joining a U.S. selloff that wiped more than 20% off Chinese tech names including Tencent Music Entertainment and iQiyi Inc., Baidu Inc.’s Netflix-like streaming subsidiary. The Hang Seng Technology Index slid as much as 5% to its lowest since November.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/202...crackdown-fears
ChAOoz
post Mar 25 2021, 02:24 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,272 posts

QUOTE(icemanfx @ Mar 25 2021, 02:17 PM)
Tech giants from Tencent Holdings Ltd. to Alibaba Group Holding Ltd. dived after U.S. regulators revived threats to toss China’s largest corporations off U.S. bourses, compounding concerns of a widening domestic antitrust crackdown.

Tencent and Alibaba slid more than 5% in Hong Kong Thursday before paring losses, joining a U.S. selloff that wiped more than 20% off Chinese tech names including Tencent Music Entertainment and iQiyi Inc., Baidu Inc.’s Netflix-like streaming subsidiary. The Hang Seng Technology Index slid as much as 5% to its lowest since November.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/202...crackdown-fears
I know, that's why i asked whether do you plan to short it ?

Cause you seemed pretty bearish and sure that price will go further down.
icemanfx
post Mar 25 2021, 02:38 PM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
20,792 posts

QUOTE(ChAOoz @ Mar 25 2021, 02:24 PM)
I know, that's why i asked whether do you plan to short it ?

Cause you seemed pretty bearish and sure that price will go further down.
My trading platform doesn't allowed to short. if permit, prefer to short these few counters e.g ride, gme, etc.

james.6831
post Mar 25 2021, 03:11 PM

Enthusiast
898 posts

QUOTE(joeblow @ Mar 25 2021, 12:55 PM)

wah how big is your portfolio man...down 20k usd in just one week...
joeblow
post Mar 25 2021, 03:15 PM

Regular
1,034 posts

QUOTE(james.6831 @ Mar 25 2021, 03:11 PM)
wah how big is your portfolio man...down 20k usd in just one week...
I bought the wrong shares that dived quite a fair bit and I averaged down. Portfolio low 6 figures not really big.
zacknistelrooy
post Mar 25 2021, 10:32 PM

Regular
1,033 posts

Nothing has changed from 10 years ago.

Requires two hands to clap and the investment bankers in US and China know what they are doing......

SUSxander83
post Mar 26 2021, 03:58 AM

Blast off like a rocket
6,427 posts

QUOTE(joeblow @ Mar 25 2021, 03:15 PM)
I bought the wrong shares that dived quite a fair bit and I averaged down. Portfolio low 6 figures not really big.
Won’t be red maybe small this gain this year

Wait till next year as Biden will just follow the same path and get whacked by GOP which would be the time buy in again

More wars will be under Biden than Trump which American voters got fooled into big time rclxms.gif
zacknistelrooy
post Mar 26 2021, 08:29 AM

Regular
1,033 posts

Fed Says Restrictions on Payouts to End for Most Banks After June 30

https://www.wsj.com/articles/fed-says-restr...rkets_lead_pos2

WASHINGTON—The Federal Reserve said temporary limits on dividend payments and share buybacks will end for most banks after June 30, following the completion of annual stress tests to determine their resilience to a hypothetical downturn.

“The banking system continues to be a source of strength, and returning to our normal framework after this year’s stress test will preserve that strength,” Randal Quarles, the Fed’s vice chairman of supervision, said Thursday.

The move is a vote of confidence for big banks from the Fed, which placed restrictions on bank payouts last summer, citing the need to conserve capital during the coronavirus-induced downturn. It initially barred buybacks and capped dividends so that they would not exceed a bank’s recent profits.

The central bank has repeatedly extended the restrictions on dividends while it allowed buybacks to resume in the first quarter of 2021, though banks still can’t return to shareholders more than they have been making in profit over the past year. The aggregate dividends and repurchases can’t exceed the average quarterly profit from the four most recent quarters.

In a sign of the uncertainty facing the industry and the economy, the Fed required big banks to go through two rounds of stress testing last year. It said after the latest round in December that U.S. banks remain strong enough to survive the coronavirus crisis but warned that a prolonged economic downturn could saddle them with hundreds of billions of dollars in losses on soured loans.

Before the Fed imposed its payout restrictions last summer, the biggest U.S. banks, including Bank of America Corp. and JPMorgan Chase & Co., had voluntarily halted share buybacks through the second quarter of 2020. Buybacks are the main way U.S. banks return capital to shareholders.

Some officials such as Janet Yellen, who pressed for tougher restrictions on bank payouts before she became Treasury secretary, have said banks are now in a strong enough position to distribute dividends to shareholders and buy back stock.

“Financial institutions look healthier now, and I believe they should have some of the liberty provided by the rules to make returns to shareholders,” Ms. Yellen said in Senate testimony Wednesday.

The annual stress tests were introduced following the financial crisis of 2008-09, when the U.S. government bailed out some of the largest financial institutions. The tests are intended to ensure that banks have enough capital to continue lending during a possible economic downturn. Results for this year’s test will be released by July 1, the Fed said Thursday.

The Fed imposes limits on payouts for banks deemed on their stress tests to have insufficient capital to absorb losses. In its announcement Thursday, the Fed said any bank that falls below any of its minimum risk-based requirements in the coming test will remain subject to the additional restrictions for three more months, through Sept. 30. A firm that remains below the capital required by the stress test at that time faces even stricter distribution limitations under Fed rules.

675 Pages « < 405 406 407 408 409 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0201sec    0.27    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:09 AM