Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Problem after error blue screen :(

views

TSOpTc Fury
post Jun 14 2016, 11:32 AM, updated 8y ago

35 posts

Last week I was playing Overwatch at the highest setting and one day I play till half my PC shutdown itself without warning, after try a few times, sometimes it shutdown by itself and sometimes blue screen show up error with speaker loud buzzling sound as well. My current PC spec is GTX 760 2GB, 8GB RAM, i5 4750 3.2 GHz and I run my Overwatch game through HDD. During that time I try play other game like Starcraft and Fallout 4,nothing happen except Overwatch. After that,my solution is to set my Overwatch to high/ medium setting and it wont shutdown by itself anymore plus previously I use air compressor simply clean out my CPU dust.

Now here is the problem,i play or use my PC casually but I realize most of my game fps drop at least 10 or 20 more or less and I can't like multitask like I always do such as I open google chrome and window fullscreen game at the same time, I can feel lag or hang or something. I can feel my some of my spec is damaged and I was wondering is it RAM problem or HDD problem or graphic card problem? In my opinion I think is not enough memory to load my pc? If I add one more 8GB RAM will it able to solve all this? It would be really appreciate from all senior or pros help here notworthy.gif notworthy.gif notworthy.gif notworthy.gif

This post has been edited by OpTc Fury: Jun 14 2016, 12:41 PM
AceCombat
post Jun 14 2016, 04:30 PM

Group Icon
Elite
5,432 posts

Well, I guess it is more to memory or the storage itself.
You might need to run some test to check it out first.
TSOpTc Fury
post Jun 15 2016, 01:06 AM

35 posts

QUOTE(AceCombat @ Jun 14 2016, 04:30 PM)
Well, I guess it is more to memory or the storage itself.
You might need to run some test to check it out first.
Hi,u got any suggestion how to test them? Is it required using any software?

mashimarow
post Jun 15 2016, 10:09 AM

Regular
1,742 posts

memtest86

however have you check your whole system temperature?
both load and idle
sHawTY
post Jun 15 2016, 11:56 AM

Frequent Reporter
All Stars
14,628 posts

To test RAM: MemTest86
To test Processor: OCCT
To check Temperature: HWMonitor
To check HDD/SSD Health: CrystalDiskInfo

Provide screenshot of HWMonitor & CrystalDiskInfo so that we can help you identify if something is overheating or if your HDD/SSD is dying
chriss2010
post Jun 15 2016, 04:21 PM

Getting Started
71 posts

happened to me similar to urs after i update my nvidia driver then bsod and fps drop... laggy

seems to work fine after i install the legacy driver and only perform update from there

u can also enable windows to write dump log and check bsod source with WinDBG

This post has been edited by chriss2010: Jun 15 2016, 04:26 PM
dcheah
post Jun 18 2016, 01:33 AM

OldSkool
1,233 posts

QUOTE(OpTc Fury @ Jun 14 2016, 11:32 AM)
Last week I was playing Overwatch at the highest setting and one day I play till half my PC shutdown itself without warning, after try a few times, sometimes it shutdown by itself and sometimes blue screen show up error with speaker loud buzzling sound as well. My current PC spec is GTX 760 2GB, 8GB RAM, i5 4750 3.2 GHz and I run my Overwatch game through HDD. During that time I try play other game like Starcraft and Fallout 4,nothing happen except Overwatch. After that,my solution is to set my Overwatch to high/ medium setting and it wont shutdown by itself anymore plus previously I use air compressor simply clean out my CPU dust.
From the way you explain & as suggested by others, it might be the RAM problems. Sometimes certain apps only uses certain area/size of the RAM which may seems to be in working condition thus when a resource hungry apps uses a RAM area that is faulty it will give you BSOD.

Don't just perform dust cleaning, how long you haven't refreshes the "Thermal Paste" ?

QUOTE(OpTc Fury @ Jun 14 2016, 11:32 AM)
Now here is the problem,i play or use my PC casually but I realize most of my game fps drop at least 10 or 20 more or less and I can't like multitask like I always do such as I open google chrome and window fullscreen game at the same time, I can feel lag or hang or something. I can feel my some of my spec is damaged and I was wondering is it RAM problem or HDD problem or graphic card problem? In my opinion I think is not enough memory to load my pc? If I add one more 8GB RAM will it able to solve all this? It would be really appreciate from all senior or pros help here
Have you perform HDD defragmentation ? Try performing some cleaning, like clearing the cache, temporary files, defrag etc.
TSOpTc Fury
post Jun 19 2016, 03:27 AM

35 posts

QUOTE(dcheah @ Jun 18 2016, 01:33 AM)
From the way you explain & as suggested by others, it might be the RAM problems. Sometimes certain apps only uses certain area/size of the RAM which may seems to be in working condition thus when a resource hungry apps uses a RAM area that is faulty it will give you BSOD.

Don't just perform dust cleaning, how long you haven't refreshes the "Thermal Paste" ?
Have you perform HDD defragmentation ? Try performing some cleaning, like clearing the cache, temporary files, defrag etc.
Oh,speaking of thermal paste,it was almost 3 years,haha,I think this is quiet possible. When I ran few games,i check through task manager i found out my CPU usage almost go around 90% to 100% which pretty much use it all. About HDD cleaning and defrag I always perform weekly. So do you think is about thermal paste? Basically how long do we need to apply thermal paste?
dcheah
post Jun 24 2016, 09:59 AM

OldSkool
1,233 posts

The "Thermal Paste" refresh frequency depends on your usage, an average office user will require to perform this within 3 years of use. An avid gamers will need to do it more often (eg. once a year).

Also the thermal paste must be of good quality like Cooler Master or similar. Don't go cheap on this.

If all the recommended steps fail, the last thing to do is to reformat the computer. This way you can ensure a clean setup & a more reliable test.

BTW, did you check your mainboard ? If there any damaged capacitors ?
k!nex
post Jun 27 2016, 01:24 PM

Restless stars
3,327 posts

QUOTE(OpTc Fury @ Jun 19 2016, 03:27 AM)
Oh,speaking of thermal paste,it was almost 3 years,haha,I think this is quiet possible. When I ran few games,i check through task manager i found out my CPU usage almost go around 90% to 100% which pretty much use it all. About HDD cleaning and defrag I always perform weekly. So do you think is about thermal paste? Basically how long do we need to apply thermal paste?
If you are overwatch player, careful with your GPU temperature. There is an option to display it when you are gaming. A lot of people actually face this problem. Your GPU is being pushed to 100% load and the VRM on the GPU is being stressed hard. Just like running Furmark. Try to keep your GPU running below 75C if you can.

What you should try is, limit the fps in-game option. No need enable V-Sync. My AMD R9 290 can hit 80~90+ fps constantly but I limit the fps to 60 only. It helps to reduce the heat output and less problems for me especially in hot weather.
TSOpTc Fury
post Jun 29 2016, 10:27 AM

35 posts

QUOTE(dcheah @ Jun 24 2016, 09:59 AM)
The "Thermal Paste" refresh frequency depends on your usage, an average office user will require to perform this within 3 years of use. An avid gamers will need to do it more often (eg. once a year).

Also the thermal paste must be of good quality like Cooler Master or similar. Don't go cheap on this.

If all the recommended steps fail, the last thing to do is to reformat the computer. This way you can ensure a clean setup & a more reliable test.

BTW, did you check your mainboard ? If there any damaged capacitors ?
Hey,sorry for late reply. Recently I just apply thermal paste and so far no problem. I'm using Cooler Master E1 thermal paste btw.
TSOpTc Fury
post Jun 29 2016, 10:32 AM

35 posts

QUOTE(k!nex @ Jun 27 2016, 01:24 PM)
If you are overwatch player, careful with your GPU temperature. There is an option to display it when you are gaming. A lot of people actually face this problem. Your GPU is being pushed to 100% load and the VRM on the GPU is being stressed hard. Just like running Furmark.  Try to keep your GPU running below 75C if you can.

What you should try is, limit the fps in-game option. No need enable V-Sync.  My AMD R9 290 can hit 80~90+ fps constantly but I limit the fps to 60 only. It helps to reduce the heat output and less problems for me especially in hot weather.
Hi,so far my GPU temperature while playing was around 64C. Btw I didnt't realise fps limitation is to avoid gpu run too much, I play pc games so many years I always turn it off for better performance,lol haha. I will turn it on this time rclxms.gif rclxms.gif

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0139sec    0.39    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:53 PM