Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Official TM ÜniFi High Speed Broadband Thread V26

views

westlife
post Sep 20 2016, 05:39 PM

10k Club
All Stars
12,295 posts

QUOTE(bushyboy105 @ Sep 20 2016, 04:38 PM)
I have bad experience with TP-link when it comes to calling their HOTLINE which direct me to their Teleconsultant in Mainland China. They don't understand anything about UNIFI & HYPPTV lol.

So currently it's only TP-link ah?

Any other brands?
TP-link my experience with it so far so good. Even branded one like asus, Cisco failed on me before too. TP-Link at least the price is real cheap and performance is really not bad. Given the price of TP-link, even it failed can just easily buy a new one.
zher4883
post Sep 20 2016, 05:59 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,490 posts

I have bad experience with TP-link when it comes to calling their HOTLINE which direct me to their Teleconsultant in Mainland China. They don't understand anything about UNIFI & HYPPTV lol.

Any other brands?
You need to buy router with VLAN support for Unifi. TP-LINK is very value for money and the router had yet to fail me. My Router had been running almost 24/7 for 4 years now and still rock solid.
kutitata
post Sep 20 2016, 06:34 PM

Casual
322 posts

Does a managed switch really help?

And we if use one do we connect it to the BTU or to the Broadband Router?
kevinchong2003
post Sep 20 2016, 06:43 PM

43 posts

Any other brands?
Mikrotik router!!! been used for 2years without reboot (expert power trip wink.gif ) .
here less ppl discuss this brand but it really stable compare to others "well known products" which u need to flash third party rom to get the stability and performance.

This post has been edited by kevinchong2003: Sep 20 2016, 06:44 PM
kutitata
post Sep 20 2016, 06:55 PM

Casual
322 posts

QUOTE(DecaPix @ Sep 20 2016, 10:32 AM)
Do you need so many wireless AP?
i think 1 @ GF and another @ 2fl should be sufficient.

The broadband router at GF has wireless capability right?
Can just use that as AP.
but looking at your router connection..you need 6 port router  tongue.gif
think you can connect the DVR to the 2F AP (with LAN ports)
reduce 1 number connection.
cut the AP at 1F (reduce another connection)

that should do it
Thanks...

The broadband router has no wireless capability

Some network cable already laid by developer cat5e (cctv, android box and hypptv)

I will need to add only for wireless ap and link from db closet to study

jolmy
post Sep 20 2016, 07:01 PM

Meow
1,180 posts

QUOTE(zher4883 @ Sep 20 2016, 05:59 PM)
You need to buy router with VLAN support for Unifi. TP-LINK is very value for money and the router had yet to fail me. My Router had been running almost 24/7 for 4 years now and still rock solid.
That also depends which model of TP-Link.

I used to use WR-841ND before and it was great. However WDR-4300 was bad, especially wireless performance. However, IPv6 is not supported on these models.

Currently using Asus - previously N12HP, now on N56U. Both support IPv6.
zkteh
post Sep 20 2016, 07:20 PM

Getting Started
160 posts

QUOTE(cheekian @ Sep 19 2016, 10:24 PM)
Thanks for sharing,I just know how step is that.
@ zkteh How the technician teach you how to do it?Let us know the steps if can.
I am sorry to tell you this... but they prefer remote setting, and I did not ask him how to do it, Curious too

and the first issue will be : how to access the login page lol
cheekian
post Sep 20 2016, 07:55 PM

Getting Started
140 posts

QUOTE(zkteh @ Sep 20 2016, 08:20 PM)
I am sorry to tell you this... but they prefer remote setting, and I did not ask him how to do it, Curious too

and the first issue will be : how to access the login page lol
Yes this is the big problem,this afternoon I had tried to do it but it not success,I have to give up about this although it have the walkthrough for HG850A (correction for the yesterday post) on the another thread because it is too complicated,I have plan to consider for TL-WR841N back since my budget is not enough and limited to RM100 and just want get full speed on all gadgets,I have Asus RT-N12HP as well - just bought on Taobao- second hand, but it looks very buggy that sometimes drop line when too many people download and upload video on YouTube always reboot itself after for a while and I decided to give up to use the router anymore and want to take a brand new router with budget RM100.
cheekian
post Sep 20 2016, 08:00 PM

Getting Started
140 posts

QUOTE(renishi @ Sep 20 2016, 05:04 PM)
This is my "short" love/hate rant on my Unifi journey

Upgraded from 10 to 30mpbs in 2015 and contractor did not give any new hardware. Only able to achieve 20mpbs plus and was informed by the contractor it's norm so i left it at it is.

Recently i have only been getting 14/15 mbps but i did not complaint as i was offered 50mpbs upgrade.

Upon successful application my speed remains the same, which i promptly lodge a complaint. I was informed it could be my router not able to support the Internet speed. They will send a technician look at it.

Today technician came and changed my old router into archer c5. On 2.4g I'm getting 50+ mbps, and the technician ask me whether do i want to purchase it!

There is no point arguing with the contractor, so i called 100 and was promptly offered a new router but my contract will be renewed by 2 years which i don't mind as i just upgraded to 50 mbps.

The contractor then told me, i should have requested for new hardware when i upgraded to 30 mbps last year. TM only replace on complaint or request basis which I'm not aware of.

TLDR, complaining/request to contractor won't yield anything much. Calling 100 is much better that's if you can wait.
The conclusion is, buy router yourself.Simple and easy, buy yourself better than wait for the technician change router for you.
tolaktakjatuh
post Sep 20 2016, 10:30 PM

Huehuehue
643 posts

QUOTE(calvinlaw510 @ Sep 20 2016, 05:30 PM)
The router that TM currently give is Archer C5, your C7 is better than C5. But the C5 TM give work well with IPv6. I tested the C5 few weeks already, so far no disconnection. Which hardware version of your C7? V1, V2 or V3?
Ah, I thought they're still giving those cylindrical D-Link routers. Mine is v2. Quite a bummer that C7 doesnt work well with ipv6. Should have spend a bit more for Asus router.

This post has been edited by tolaktakjatuh: Sep 20 2016, 10:30 PM
zkteh
post Sep 20 2016, 10:31 PM

Getting Started
160 posts

QUOTE(cheekian @ Sep 20 2016, 07:55 PM)
Yes this is the big problem,this afternoon I had tried to do it but it not success,I have to give up about this although it have the walkthrough for HG850A (correction for the yesterday post) on the another thread because it is too complicated,I have plan to consider for TL-WR841N back since my budget is not enough and limited to RM100 and just want get full speed on all gadgets,I have Asus RT-N12HP as well - just bought on Taobao- second hand, but it looks very buggy that sometimes drop line when too many people download and upload video on YouTube always reboot itself after for a while and I decided to give up to use the router anymore and want to take a brand new router with budget RM100.
update the firmware see?
fruitie
post Sep 20 2016, 11:28 PM

Rise and Shine
Group Icon
Staff
67,988 posts

It's time for next version of thread. Please initiate the thread and I shall close this thread.
RoofTopPrince
post Sep 21 2016, 09:38 AM

As long as you have the memories, you can be with that person fo
575 posts

guys yesterday i already file my complain to kpdnkk and skmm.... got feedback and tm will fix my 30mbs speed... i only got 7mbps... damn....
akecema
post Sep 21 2016, 09:53 AM

Casual
433 posts

i wanna ask something especially to who is UNIFI contractor
yesterday i go to my bos home to check her unifi installation.
the contractor install last week but my bos not satisfied with the contractor
because she has to pay CASH rm1500 to the contractor
so after check the installation i also not satisfied, so this is the question.

1. about the CASH my bos paid, as i remember any extra charge will charge on 1st bill not CASH to the contractor. the contractor pull the wire from 100M manhole not the manhole near her house. so the payment because of this.

2. i check the wire from manhole. the contractor pull wire from manhole and use inside longkang(about 40M) before go to my boss house. why they not use manhole to manhole? this is SOP for Unifi contractor? longkang got rat and water la
sHawTY
post Sep 21 2016, 10:18 AM

Frequent Reporter
All Stars
14,628 posts

QUOTE(fruitie @ Sep 20 2016, 11:28 PM)
It's time for next version of thread. Please initiate the thread and I shall close this thread.
Done
https://forum.lowyat.net/topic/4060989

Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0170sec    0.44    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:14 PM