Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Games Death Stranding (PS4), A new game by Hideo Kojima

views

SSJBen
post Jun 14 2016, 11:07 AM

Stars deez nuts.
4,477 posts

Kojima just said that most of the things shown in this trailer is not relevant to what Death Stranding actually is. He's just showing off the concept he's going for.

The engine for Death Stranding isn't even decided yet. The trailer was running on (presumably) UE4.
SSJBen
post Jun 14 2016, 03:12 PM

Stars deez nuts.
4,477 posts

Not sure why hasn't it been posted yet, but this is pure photoshop-savegery by Norman Reedus:

user posted image
SSJBen
post Jun 15 2016, 03:37 PM

Stars deez nuts.
4,477 posts

Everything Kojima did in Konami belongs to Konami, including his glasses and underwear.

Konami would rather use the enging on pachinko slot machines instead.
SSJBen
post Dec 2 2016, 06:46 PM

Stars deez nuts.
4,477 posts

In case anyone was wondering, the trailer was running on a PS4 Pro.
SSJBen
post May 21 2018, 04:22 PM

Stars deez nuts.
4,477 posts

There WILL be a gameplay trailer for E3 2018.
SSJBen
post Oct 16 2019, 09:42 PM

Stars deez nuts.
4,477 posts

Let's put it this way, explaining what this game is about completely wrecks the experience. I will say this, knowing what the game is about beforehand will not make you want to play it, at all.
SSJBen
post Oct 17 2019, 03:21 PM

Stars deez nuts.
4,477 posts

QUOTE(greyshadow @ Oct 17 2019, 09:59 AM)
well, if you put Hideo Kojima's name on any games, majority will wanna play it blindly no matter what kind of games is it  rolleyes.gif
Perhaps after this game, not many will buy his games blindly anymore? Who knows? whistling.gif
SSJBen
post Oct 31 2019, 04:37 PM

Stars deez nuts.
4,477 posts

There are 2 somewhat significant spoilers in the launch trailer (though without context, you won't even know what it means). Don't watch it if you want to go in completely blind.
SSJBen
post Nov 1 2019, 03:03 PM

Stars deez nuts.
4,477 posts

QUOTE(Zeliard @ Nov 1 2019, 03:26 AM)
Ben,embargo will be lifted soon. Did u have a chance to review it?
I got a review copy yes.
SSJBen
post Nov 1 2019, 05:06 PM

Stars deez nuts.
4,477 posts

QUOTE(Zeliard @ Nov 1 2019, 03:09 PM)
Manyak diam diam....... but already played. Hahaha. Will not put u in a difficult position to comment on the game, after all, Nov 1 is here right?
Sony damn strict about the embargo this time. Kojima also damn strict about it.

Theoretically I can talk about the game now since it's already past 12:01AM PT. AMA.

QUOTE(Adell G @ Nov 1 2019, 04:55 PM)
From what i seen the review its either 8-10 masterpiece or worst/boring game ever

The core gameplay is literally a fetch quest and hiking simulator, its not 3rd person shooter

No matter still gonna buy and experience it myself
While its primary focus is indeed a fetch quest game, you don't always have to play the way the game tells you to - "connecting America". There is some freedom but unfortunately, combat is not one of the game's strong points eventhough it's almost a carbon copy of MGSV's combat. You can't always just shoot your way out if things go wrong and you're grabbed by shadows.

I didn't find the game boring though, but rather it's quite odd and there are many things that don't make sense. It's up to you to interpret the story the way it is told.

This post has been edited by SSJBen: Nov 1 2019, 05:31 PM
SSJBen
post Nov 1 2019, 05:17 PM

Stars deez nuts.
4,477 posts

I'll put it this way - Death Stranding is a game that Kojima was going for with PT. There's a lot of Silent Hill esque theme to everything, it tries to trick and blur the lines between what is real and what isn't.

I also feel the game would be somewhat different and perhaps, better come launch day. You see - the review copies that we got, we're mostly alone. The server isn't populated enough to make it seem like the world is growing and connecting. Because of this, often times I had to go out of a very radical way to reach a place that would perhaps have been easier and more manageable to get to if other players has already built their ladders or left their ropes there.

Taking detours in the game isn't very fun because a lot of these detours especially in the first 10 hours of the game at least are quite hazardous and you as Sam simply don't have the tools. Sure you can cheese some of the terrains, but where's the fun in that? The game encourages you to "share" with other players (think Dark Souls/Bloodborne messages, but much more fleshed out here), but for me at least - there weren't that many people that I was sharing with. Most of my time with the game was a ghost town.

This post has been edited by SSJBen: Nov 1 2019, 05:26 PM
SSJBen
post Nov 1 2019, 10:20 PM

Stars deez nuts.
4,477 posts

Honestly I think the game is best played in the next 3-4 weeks, where the player base is at its highest. Things in the world will change dynamically.

Playing the game when there are little players, IMO at least - hampers the experience quite a bit. Being able to "connect" with other players is part of the game's alure, not connecting with anyone makes goes against what the game is trying to achieve.
SSJBen
post Nov 5 2019, 05:05 PM

Stars deez nuts.
4,477 posts

QUOTE(shinchan^^ @ Nov 5 2019, 04:28 PM)
??
meeting another norman reedus in another dimension?
No.

The entire premise of the game is "connecting" fractured worlds and societies. Everyone when they first start the game is in their own "world", their own "society". The player will connect these worlds together with other players with bridges, ladders, ropes, shelters and helping one another to deliver lost/dropped packages. Think dark souls messaging or death system, it's similar to that but in a more elaborate way.

You're not going to see another Norman in the game.
SSJBen
post Nov 6 2019, 12:00 AM

Stars deez nuts.
4,477 posts

QUOTE(gundamsp01 @ Nov 5 2019, 11:10 PM)
just wondering how this connecting with other players work? As time goes, more and more players will be leaving behind their stuff in the game, will i see thousands of ladders scattering around?  laugh.gif
I already explained it a few times; think about Dark Souls/Bloodborne. How players leave messages or how you can see the way when they last died. It's basically the same thing here, just replaced with objects.

When you first start the game, you won't see anything. Places where you haven't made a connection yet, you won't see bridges or ladders connected by other players. You will see them in your side quest runs, where you go back to the place you once connected. Who knows whether there will be thousands of ladders, that's why I'm eager to see how the world develops in the next few days. This is something reviewers don't get to experience because there's like what... a 100+ review codes that was sent out? For me and my time with the game, it was almost empty which as I've said - hampered the experience a bit.

Connecting areas is part of the story and that's what many people don't understand. You don't just run from point A to point B, the challenge is trying to reach point B.

This post has been edited by SSJBen: Nov 6 2019, 12:02 AM
SSJBen
post Nov 8 2019, 12:11 AM

Stars deez nuts.
4,477 posts

Pre-load started yesterday.

This post has been edited by SSJBen: Nov 8 2019, 12:12 AM
SSJBen
post Nov 8 2019, 07:43 PM

Stars deez nuts.
4,477 posts

The total custscene length for the entire game is over 7 hours. Each major cutscene is done with such great cinematography that you'll miss many details if you aren't paying attention.
SSJBen
post Nov 10 2019, 07:54 PM

Stars deez nuts.
4,477 posts

QUOTE(dark_heart07 @ Nov 10 2019, 12:02 AM)
welcome back bro! rclxms.gif
Thanks! Glad to be back.

QUOTE(Rei7 @ Nov 10 2019, 04:08 PM)
How much are you guys liking this game? Still haven't bought mine.
Not the best game ever, but I applaud games that dares to be different and not just follow some trend to impress 11 year olds.

Going back into the game now on launch weekend - it's different from what I experience during the review copy weeks. Everytime I go back to an area, something new appears. I'm finding a lot of creative structures being built in strategic locations or ladders being placed in a way where you can just use a trike (bike) to cross easily.

The game is such a show piece for technological achievement too. HDR here is reference quality, the audio quality and sound design is exemplary. Amazing stuff on this front.
SSJBen
post Nov 11 2019, 03:25 PM

Stars deez nuts.
4,477 posts

QUOTE(Rei7 @ Nov 11 2019, 03:27 AM)
Yeah I can see that, I think I'll appreciate the game a lot, but I'm just not sure about the walking part of the game only, like lots of going around delivering, but it seems engaging enough with interesting encounters and what not.
90% of the gameplay is basically going from point A to point B with cargo. The travelling part becomes easier and more fun after the first 10 or so hours. You'll get to use vehicles and exo skeletons to improve Sam's maneuverability. What you see from the first 5 hours of people literally walking from one end to another is basically nothing, the game has barely started.

I've already started seeing people building bridges as ramp (with someone placing a boost emoticon for the trike near it) to basically jump off to high unreachable places. It gets pretty interesting once you reach chapter 3.
SSJBen
post Nov 11 2019, 10:24 PM

Stars deez nuts.
4,477 posts

Remember to go find The Collector in chapter 3. He gives you a back pack cover to partially protect cargo on your back from timefall detoriation.
SSJBen
post Nov 12 2019, 05:54 PM

Stars deez nuts.
4,477 posts

QUOTE(inexsis @ Nov 12 2019, 09:07 AM)
where is this? but i'm using MULE Lorry and it seems the deterioration of the package is much lesser than using Trike.
not sure if true or not.

Map location:

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

QUOTE(triple02 @ Nov 12 2019, 10:02 AM)

Will it be part of an order or do we have go and search for him?

I'm just at the Cosplayer mission right now...
He's an optional prepper. So it's a side quest NPC. You have to find him on your own, he's near the Distribution Center South of Lake Knot City. Check the above reply for map location.

Remember you can always scan with the odraddek to reveal nearby hidden preppers or use a watchtower.

2 Pages  1 2 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0355sec    0.23    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:35 AM