Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

11 Pages < 1 2 3 4 5 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Games Resident Evil 7 (PS4 and PSVR), Releasing on 24th January 17 !!!!

views

TSterryfu
post Jun 15 2016, 09:18 PM

On my way
514 posts

^well Sony announced that is playable in VR throughout the whole game. Let's see what they have in store.
drunkonpiss
post Jun 15 2016, 10:51 PM

Getting Started
216 posts

I like that they really emphasized on the horror but the game doesn't feel like an RE game. It would be better if this was like an Outlast 2 or PT but RE without the gun and supernatural stuff is just ain't an RE IMHO.
Zeliard
post Jun 16 2016, 12:26 AM

Getting Started
253 posts

Why is this even resident evil?
greyshadow
post Jun 16 2016, 11:41 AM

I bleed it out, Diggin' deeper just to throw it away!
1,826 posts

Capcom gave the fans a finger laugh.gif
ps3 fanboy
post Jun 16 2016, 12:45 PM

15 posts

dang, i want big guns and assault rifles and killing zombies with it
SSJBen
post Jun 16 2016, 02:52 PM

Stars deez nuts.
4,477 posts

Relax guys.

The whole point of the demo is to tell everyone that: "look guys, I know we F'd up in RE5, RE6 and the numerous cash-grabbing spinoffs, but RE7... the demo is to tell you all that we are going back to horror, real horror."

If cashcom didn't do this demo but just tell everyone that "we're going back to survival horror", then everyone is just going to say: "yeah, you said the exact same thing last time with RE6 lelz."

That said, don't expect the fast-paced action from RE4-6 anymore. There will be action in the game, there will be guns, there will be weapons. But it's going to be in a more limited scale, as in RE1 variety (or less). The game is trying to force players to only shoot when they have to, not go hunt for headshots, initiate QTEs like no tomorrow, and shoot chickens.

In Outlast or Amnesia, you can't fight back. In RE7, you can, but in a limited scale.
In PT... PT isn't even a game.

*EDIT*
BTW, FPS-only mode isn't actually confirmed. The game will have a FPS view, but there's no saying there won't be a third-person or fixed third-person view either.

This post has been edited by SSJBen: Jun 16 2016, 02:55 PM
ray148
post Jun 16 2016, 03:39 PM

Casual
445 posts

Now you know how old fans feel when Resident Evil 4 was announced.

Personally, I don't mind it too much because we're still getting that RE2 Remake anyway.
And we still have Revelations series for third person shooter gameplay.
TSterryfu
post Jun 16 2016, 04:00 PM

On my way
514 posts

I'm not so picky. Change it, reboot it, whatever capcom fancy. Just let us have it already. I miss Ada, Jill and Claire Alredi. And that hot sexy new stars girl from RE 6.
guarayakha
post Jun 16 2016, 04:07 PM

2 posts

QUOTE(terryfu @ Jun 16 2016, 04:00 PM)
I'm not so picky. Change it, reboot it, whatever capcom fancy. Just let us have it already. I miss Ada, Jill and Claire Alredi. And that hot sexy new stars girl from RE 6.
I heard this is set 20 years after RE6, so all your Jill, Ada, Claire is like what, in their late 40's/50's? laugh.gif Maybe Natalex is the one they're referring to in the trailer "She's back".
cllee86
post Jun 16 2016, 04:15 PM

On my way
540 posts

QUOTE(ray148 @ Jun 16 2016, 03:39 PM)
Now you know how old fans feel when Resident Evil 4 was announced.

Personally, I don't mind it too much because we're still getting that RE2 Remake anyway.
And we still have Revelations series for third person shooter gameplay.
Amen to this brother rclxms.gif
Revelations 2 is really good, exceeded my expectations in every way.

IMHO I really think they should not include this into the main series. I'm OK if they made this as a spin off series but to include this into the main numbered series is a wrong move. It's wayyyyyy to much departure from traditional RE games.

At the very least I hope they'll bring back some old characters into RE7.
SSJBen
post Jun 16 2016, 04:26 PM

Stars deez nuts.
4,477 posts

What is a "traditional RE game"?
RE has lost its identity after Code Veronica.

RE4 wasn't even a survival horror game to begin with, as great of a game it may be.

You guys also need to understand that this particular demo was actually already shown off behind closed doors at LAST YEAR's E3 2015. But at that time, no one said it was RE, not even cashcom themselves.
This demo was made LAST YEAR, not just like 2 months ago.

Would like to highlight once again; the demo is a demo of a concept. Nothing (other than references) will be in the final game. Obviously no confirmation, but it's safe to say that a lot of the RE lore and characters will be back in main game. Stop thinking the demo is indicative of what the final game will be, story wise.
TSterryfu
post Jun 16 2016, 04:30 PM

On my way
514 posts

QUOTE(guarayakha @ Jun 16 2016, 04:07 PM)
I heard this is set 20 years after RE6, so all your Jill, Ada, Claire is like what, in their late 40's/50's?  laugh.gif Maybe Natalex is the one they're referring to in the trailer "She's back".
Well maybe sherry will be there and her clothes changing scene. ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š. 20 yrs after re6? Source?
guarayakha
post Jun 16 2016, 04:45 PM

2 posts

QUOTE(terryfu @ Jun 16 2016, 04:30 PM)
Well maybe sherry will be there and her clothes changing scene. ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š. 20 yrs after re6? Source?
Pardon me. Might've been a fluke by the writer of the article, since we did clearly see the date of the events in the demo being 2017. Probably confused it around with RE20th anniversary.
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalf...-beginning-hour

ray148
post Jun 16 2016, 04:51 PM

Casual
445 posts

IGN write up has this to say regarding the story;
Here's how Masachika Kawata, the game's producer, explained it to me:

"Itโ€™s the next title in the numbered series, so obviously itโ€™s part of the Resident Evil universe, and overall canon, so to speak. Itโ€™s not a separate thing, but we have intentionally made it so that maybe when you first play it youโ€™ll almost think: how could this possibly be related to the rest of Resident Evil? But it is. It is an extension of the series so far. Itโ€™s not a reboot. Itโ€™s the next main game."

And when I asked would we see any familiar faces โ€“ Chris, Jill, Leon โ€“ or the nefarious Umbrella Corp?

"Basically no. Itโ€™s a whole new set of characters and situations," said Kawata, who has worked on the franchise since 2005's Resident Evil 4. But he did say, "There could be some interesting surprises in store as well." So expect there to be some easter eggs in there at least.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/06/15/e3-...resident-evil-7
Zaryl
post Jun 16 2016, 11:32 PM

Hardcore Casual Gamer
1,523 posts

why not bring back the robotic moves for all the characters?
that oughta bring back the true Resident Evil i know back in Ps1 era.
greyshadow
post Jun 17 2016, 09:51 AM

I bleed it out, Diggin' deeper just to throw it away!
1,826 posts

It has been widely discussed and debated before,
IMO, the tense feeling of original RE (1-3) is due to the crappy "classic" tank control and the camera angle
your movement are limited, your view are limited, hence the tension and suspense
becos we are struggling with the control to attack an enemy we can't see

if you add the modern control, and the free view camera angle to the original REs, I doubt it will be the same old "survival horror"

I'm pretty happy if they decided to go the direction of the teaser, at least I can feel the horror again, not just shoot everything in RE6 doh.gif

guarayakha
post Jun 17 2016, 10:14 AM

2 posts

QUOTE(greyshadow @ Jun 17 2016, 09:51 AM)
IMO, the tense feeling of original RE (1-3) is due to the crappy "classic" tank control and the camera angle
your movement are limited, your view are limited, hence the tension and suspense

if you add the modern control, and the free view camera angle to the original REs, I doubt it will be the same old "survival horror"

I'm pretty happy if they decided to go the direction of the teaser, at least I can feel the horror again, not just shoot everything in RE6 doh.gif
Revelations actually did that quite well. All the series need was a balance between the action/horror smile.gif
SSJBen
post Jun 17 2016, 04:26 PM

Stars deez nuts.
4,477 posts

QUOTE(Zaryl @ Jun 16 2016, 11:32 PM)
why not bring back the robotic moves for all the characters?
that oughta bring back the true Resident Evil i know back in Ps1 era.
They already did, it's called REMake.

They're not trying to make RE7 play like RE1, they're trying to have a horrific atmosphere.

QUOTE(greyshadow @ Jun 17 2016, 09:51 AM)

You can't see them, but you can hear them. Audio is such a vital part in games yet people do not regard it as important, which is sad.

I haven't been scared by horror games for a very long time now. But having played the demo in my SVS setup, what I heard was quite...disturbing.
That goes to say that even if the player has an FPS camera where the view is pretty much only limited by the FOV and the player themselves, the atmosphere through the aural experience will definitely make the game scary.

This post has been edited by SSJBen: Jun 17 2016, 04:28 PM
guarayakha
post Jun 17 2016, 05:04 PM

2 posts

Man all these talks about horror games kinda make me wish they'd do a VR Forbidden Siren. Sightjacking's gonna be crazy laugh.gif
TSterryfu
post Jun 19 2016, 05:47 AM

On my way
514 posts

Confirm Resident Evil 7 will be entirely first person, and no Quick-Time-Events. Talk about full blown change in mechanics.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/resident-...a/1100-6440991/

http://www.vg247.com/2016/06/16/resident-e...ck-time-events/

This post has been edited by terryfu: Jun 19 2016, 05:48 AM

11 Pages < 1 2 3 4 5 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0331sec    0.23    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:29 AM