6 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Should I buy Diablo III

views

joedpa82
post Jul 26 2016, 01:04 PM

On my way
573 posts

QUOTE(Someonesim @ Jun 2 2016, 09:10 AM)
Should I buy Diablo III ? Worth buying now after 3 years ( or 2 years after expansion ) ?
From Blizzard website, it's 39.99USD with expansion, I heard there's Winter sales but are there Summer sales  tongue.gif  ?

Recently finish The Division, and already really bored with TorchLight 2 ( classic Diablo style RPG )
Hard for me to say but as a former Player with 300hrs dumped in you'd probably be better off skipping it.
joedpa82
post Jul 26 2016, 01:05 PM

On my way
573 posts

QUOTE(Someonesim @ Jun 2 2016, 03:51 PM)
That's how I got bored with TorchLight II and The Division and many others, had to keep finding games  sweat.gif  then I remember Diablo III, I wasnt join last time because of this always-online BS. Now I just bored so dont care  biggrin.gif
Still always online. You're better off buying the console version.
ThisIsJimmy
post Jul 26 2016, 01:21 PM

36 posts

QUOTE(Someonesim @ Jul 26 2016, 01:00 PM)
I played the beta/testing sometime ago, quite like it but not sure if love it.
Most likely I will wait price drop only get it. Not hardcore gamer anymore so dont have time to invest too much into it. Even NFS series that I normally play 2-3 times, the latest one played few hours then not continue  sweat.gif
If you wait for the price to drop, you might miss the start of Season 7 (start Aug 05). haha.
Seasonal mode is where all the fun lies smile.gif

QUOTE(CyrusWong @ Jul 26 2016, 01:03 PM)
it's a super boring game if you don't have friends to play it together.

playing with those stranger will make you feel like playing with AI bot, I didn't mean they are noob or anything, just you really will feel boring after you play the game like 1 month.
It depends bro; to me, Solo / Team doesn't matters.

Solo = can mess around with different builds
Team = speed rifts / push GR for gem upgrades

There are community groups, they ain't that bad, a lot of pros actually.
D3 has been around for 4 years now, and most of the players that still play D3 are in fact veterans (like me devil.gif )

This post has been edited by ThisIsJimmy: Jul 26 2016, 01:22 PM
kamikraze
post Jul 26 2016, 02:11 PM

Iphone 12 Pro Max + Magicwatch 2
6,391 posts

QUOTE(ThisIsJimmy @ Jul 26 2016, 11:36 AM)
Agreed.

D3 is really meant for hardcore diablo fan (if you aren't, you will get bored very easily)  laugh.gif
I did get bored within 1 cycle story. Repetitive goal, end up boring.

QUOTE(Someonesim @ Jul 26 2016, 01:00 PM)
I played the beta/testing sometime ago, quite like it but not sure if love it.
Most likely I will wait price drop only get it. Not hardcore gamer anymore so dont have time to invest too much into it. Even NFS series that I normally play 2-3 times, the latest one played few hours then not continue  sweat.gif
If it's really cheap, might be good for collection.
ThisIsJimmy
post Jul 26 2016, 03:22 PM

36 posts

QUOTE(kamikraze @ Jul 26 2016, 02:11 PM)
HAHAHA, like i said, D3 is mainly for hardcore fans now (i do admit Blizzard screwed up big time for D3, yet so, it's kinda fun to kill some time with it)
TSSomeonesim
post Jul 26 2016, 09:04 PM

In my way
9,132 posts

QUOTE(kamikraze @ Jul 26 2016, 02:11 PM)
If cheap just buy lo, got many cheap cheap games I bought for phone, and some in Steam. Only game I regret bought is Crashland ( and I'm stupid enough to bought Steam version as well doh.gif )

QUOTE(ThisIsJimmy @ Jul 26 2016, 03:22 PM)
HAHAHA, like i said, D3 is mainly for hardcore fans now (i do admit Blizzard screwed up big time for D3, yet so, it's kinda fun to kill some time with it)
I wanted to get it during launch, then this always online thing kill off my passion. During the free trial, got a few lag session and it does annoy me a bit.
ThisIsJimmy
post Jul 26 2016, 10:32 PM

36 posts

QUOTE(Someonesim @ Jul 26 2016, 09:04 PM)
If cheap just buy lo, got many cheap cheap games I bought for phone, and some in Steam. Only game I regret bought is Crashland ( and I'm stupid enough to bought Steam version as well  doh.gif  )
I wanted to get it during launch, then this always online thing kill off my passion. During the free trial, got a few lag session and it does annoy me a bit.
Most ARPG games these day need to go online always. No choice lor, msia punya internet macam kura-kura...

Anyway, good luck to you lah, if you buy already then you can look for me to party in D3.

P.S. You can switch between AUS/NZ server and US server in "Americas Region"
kamikraze
post Jul 26 2016, 10:48 PM

Iphone 12 Pro Max + Magicwatch 2
6,391 posts

QUOTE(ThisIsJimmy @ Jul 26 2016, 03:22 PM)
Haha, D3 is the first Diablo series I played. And also the last. No expansion or other series attract me enough.

QUOTE(Someonesim @ Jul 26 2016, 09:04 PM)
If cheap just buy lo, got many cheap cheap games I bought for phone, and some in Steam. Only game I regret bought is Crashland ( and I'm stupid enough to bought Steam version as well  doh.gif  )
Yeah, make sure to buy physical game, not dlc. For collection purpose.
goldfries
post Jul 26 2016, 11:34 PM

40K Club
Group Icon
Forum Admin
44,409 posts

The original Diablo III sucks so bad. However with RoS and whatever changes now it is so much better.

I just couldn't continue playing it because build really depends on drops and drops are random.

Have a nice set now? biggrin.gif Good, next patch it might be gone. Last time I can GR38 solo but now I can't even GR25 properly.

There's a lot of playability (if you don't mind making many characters) and experiment with builds (the mean time between 2 good drops can be up to months! or in some case just days apart, so random).

The thing about D3 is that either you steam roll the enemy or you can't pass. In reality no one actually plays it tough or at middle point, people just prefer to steam roll because you get to do more rifts or whatever per hour and that maximizes your drop possibility.
ThisIsJimmy
post Jul 26 2016, 11:54 PM

36 posts

QUOTE(goldfries @ Jul 26 2016, 11:34 PM)
The original Diablo III sucks so bad. However with RoS and whatever changes now it is so much better.

I just couldn't continue playing it because build really depends on drops and drops are random.

Have a nice set now? biggrin.gif Good, next patch it might be gone. Last time I can GR38 solo but now I can't even GR25 properly.

There's a lot of playability (if you don't mind making many characters) and experiment with builds (the mean time between 2 good drops can be up to months! or in some case just days apart, so random).

The thing about D3 is that either you steam roll the enemy or you can't pass. In reality no one actually plays it tough or at middle point, people just prefer to steam roll because you get to do more rifts or whatever per hour and that maximizes your drop possibility.
Yeah, D3 RoS is way better than the original D3.

I wish they will improve it further.
goldfries
post Jul 27 2016, 12:08 AM

40K Club
Group Icon
Forum Admin
44,409 posts

D3 was stupid la, you have to load a scene just to play. sad.gif How many times did I play Act III on that place, after the castle and then bridge of korsick and hit until er that donno what fella siegebreaker I think.

Repeat until bored. Money also so little. Play until realize it's stupid.

RoS adds a lot, besides the added story and character there's at least GR and gems and what not. Roll like silly, become billionaire already but meh, lazy to start new characters.

I started with monk, then a bit of DH, then play CRU. Then hunting ruby for CRU using my DH, my DH got stronger end up sticking to DH. tongue.gif
goldfries
post Jul 27 2016, 12:12 AM

40K Club
Group Icon
Forum Admin
44,409 posts

Ahhh those days before the patch. biggrin.gif Iron Skin + Reflective

From my experience in playing D3 - each game is just running through from start to end of a challenge hoping for new drops.

If you like more challenge, go play HC mode or play Season.
lace
post Jul 27 2016, 01:45 AM

On my way
623 posts

from a player wth 1.5k++ hours: don start unless ure a diablo person
summarize from upstairs is already rougly all about the game
TSSomeonesim
post Jul 27 2016, 08:03 AM

In my way
9,132 posts

QUOTE(goldfries @ Jul 26 2016, 11:34 PM)

I tested with the free trial. First run with easy was ok, second run with with medium difficulty, more fun rclxms.gif

QUOTE(ThisIsJimmy @ Jul 26 2016, 11:54 PM)
Yeah, D3 RoS is way better than the original D3.

I wish they will improve it further.
They should release another expansion/DLC, so people will start playing Diablo III again.

QUOTE(lace @ Jul 27 2016, 01:45 AM)
from a player wth 1.5k++ hours: don start unless ure a diablo person
summarize from upstairs is already rougly all about the game
I like Diablo style or top-down view RPG like Titan Quest. Not fans of those Skyrim/DragonAge, good graphic and action, but much lesser spawn and sometime boring traveling. I really hate conversation/dialog and those choose-your-action-carefully-as-it-affect-later-event story. Like goldfries said, I just want to steamroll spawns and have fun biggrin.gif
ThisIsJimmy
post Jul 27 2016, 02:09 PM

36 posts

QUOTE(Someonesim @ Jul 27 2016, 08:03 AM)
I tested with the free trial. First run with easy was ok, second run with with medium difficulty, more fun  rclxms.gif
They should release another expansion/DLC, so people will start playing Diablo III again.
I like Diablo style or top-down view RPG like Titan Quest. Not fans of those Skyrim/DragonAge, good graphic and action, but much lesser spawn and sometime boring traveling. I really hate conversation/dialog and those choose-your-action-carefully-as-it-affect-later-event story. Like goldfries said, I just want to steamroll spawns and have fun  biggrin.gif
As a diablo fan, i really wish they release a new expansion with new contents but too bad blizzard has relocated alot of its manpower and resources for other games (like Overwatch, WoW, Hearthstone).

It makes business sense though.. those games are the one that is making more money for Blizzard.

Besides, alot of Diablo developers and key persons have left Blizzard; so the progression of new content for Diablo is kinda slow and dead now.
TSSomeonesim
post Jul 27 2016, 02:57 PM

In my way
9,132 posts

QUOTE(ThisIsJimmy @ Jul 27 2016, 02:09 PM)
As a diablo fan, i really wish they release a new expansion with new contents but too bad blizzard has relocated alot of its manpower and resources for other games (like Overwatch, WoW, Hearthstone).

It makes business sense though.. those games are the one that is making more money for Blizzard.
Besides, alot of Diablo developers and key persons have left Blizzard; so the progression of new content for Diablo  is kinda slow and dead now.
Didnt know about that last part, so sad.

Not sure if good idea, but MMORPG Diablo biggrin.gif sounds good ?
ReWeR
post Jul 27 2016, 03:10 PM

Foreveralone
1,715 posts

as a D3 player, I'll say not bad.

even until today still got new season, new cosmetic and new updated every now and then.

for me I think it's worth my money.

ThisIsJimmy
post Jul 27 2016, 03:57 PM

36 posts

QUOTE(Someonesim @ Jul 27 2016, 02:57 PM)
Didnt know about that last part, so sad.

Not sure if good idea, but MMORPG Diablo  biggrin.gif  sounds good ?
I prefer Diablo to stay as Diablo-type RPG
MMORPG = WoW already sad.gif

QUOTE(ReWeR @ Jul 27 2016, 03:10 PM)
as a D3 player, I'll say not bad.

even until today still got new season, new cosmetic and new updated every now and then.

for me I think it's worth my money.
Yeah, definitely worth the money (i bought CE for RoS) but it can be better; too much crappy items in D3 now.

Well can't complain too much now.
ThisIsJimmy
post Jul 27 2016, 04:04 PM

36 posts

QUOTE(goldfries @ Jul 27 2016, 12:12 AM)
Ahhh those days before the patch. biggrin.gif Iron Skin + Reflective

From my experience in playing D3 - each game is just running through from start to end of a challenge hoping for new drops.

If you like more challenge, go play HC mode or play Season.
HC can't bro. I died many times in HC due to lag leh.... very disheartening one...

cry.gif cry.gif
goldfries
post Jul 27 2016, 04:07 PM

40K Club
Group Icon
Forum Admin
44,409 posts

Yes, HC really kacau when lag. All it takes is one instance (not even your mistake) and it's gg. sad.gif I have quite a few HCs that died like that. Aihhh.

6 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0178sec    0.27    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 10:52 PM