3 Pages  1 2 3 >Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> My pet decides he wants to kill me

views

TSBrendonStar
post May 28 2016, 06:54 PM, updated 8y ago

Getting Started
265 posts

I have a giant centipede I call Pete i caught when he was just about 1+ cm. Now he is fully grown and at about 15 cm. My relationship with pete have been really good I use to pet him on his head and stroke his body for a split second while he sleeps or feeds. 3 weeks ago I moved Pete to a new aquarium and since then he have been trying to kill me sad.gif

When I carried him with a stick to his new home he was fine but the next morning I saw him looking sick and slow under some leaves so I use my hands to turn over the leaves to check on him and suddenly pete like some crazy monster sprung to life trying to kill me! He have been planing for this. sad.gif He grabbed my middle finger for a split second with half his body in the air but I managed to pull out my hand fast enough before he could sink his fangs into me and get a proper grip. He then went absolutely crazy in the aquarium running around making so much noise. Straight after that incident I bought a little mice just to give him a treat to calm him down, usually I give him crickets and roaches, but the way he ate it was different this time, he was like a piranha frantically attacking the little thing as if he was releasing his anger on the mice.

Since then he have been giving me those evil stares when he sees me. I know centipedes are half blind but I swear pete can see me well and he knows where my eyes are. 2 weeks latter I tried to pet his head while feeding on a roach. I was cautious but as soon as my finger got within striking range he tried to kill me again! sad.gif Now every time my hands gets near him while he is feeding he tries to kill me. I am getting worried because if I release him I think pete will come back to try and kill me sad.gif I don't know how to make to up pete

I just want a good relationship with pete sad.gif Any centipede owner please shed some light on petes situation

This post has been edited by BrendonStar: May 28 2016, 07:02 PM
zackfair41
post May 29 2016, 12:34 PM

0 posts

Are you even serious??? Centipedes are display pets. If it tried to attack you, then don't touch it. Respect is important. If you want a pet that you can build relationship with, get mammals or reptiles.
RChance
post May 29 2016, 12:37 PM

Getting Started
168 posts

user posted image
TSBrendonStar
post May 29 2016, 09:19 PM

Getting Started
265 posts

He was different towards me in the past, he allowed me to touch him without being aggressive. I think if I handled him with my bare hands there is less than 50% chance he will bite me at that time. (Thinking back I regret that I didn't do it when I could without getting bitten)

I even return him to his old aquarium and still he won't forgive me. Everyday I give him a few roach from my roach trap occasionally if I can catch a lizard I will give it to him too, I refill his water plate and clean his turd everyday. Why can't he notice that? sad.gif

Edit: I am fully aware that centipedes are dangerous. I mean god forbid that he ever escape and run around my house and attack me but the feeling of being alive and self aware when I touch him and see that predator feed is out of this world.

This post has been edited by BrendonStar: May 29 2016, 09:32 PM
SUSSupermanLick
post Jun 1 2016, 06:16 PM

👊PUNCH SOHAI🦸
1,074 posts

Dont mess with centipedes
ReWeR
post Jun 2 2016, 01:25 AM

Foreveralone
1,715 posts

Please do not create cool story here.
stargamer
post Jun 2 2016, 01:27 AM

Getting Started
281 posts

mcb just put inside liquor and make centipede liquor la.
user posted image

This post has been edited by stargamer: Jun 2 2016, 01:28 AM
TSBrendonStar
post Jun 2 2016, 11:56 AM

Getting Started
265 posts

OK La I am exaggerating my feelings a bit but it sucks that I get attacked before I can even touch him now. His behaviour have changed and he is more easily irritated now. If 2 centipede are places in the same place for too long they will fight and 1 of them will be eaten. I plan to try seeing if he attack me again after a few months
BubuTheStar
post Jun 3 2016, 01:37 PM

Getting Started
90 posts

See a therapist. Immediately
Scar_face
post Jun 3 2016, 04:16 PM

On my way
521 posts

bodo la sial, your pet need piap..hormone not stable..go find it female one, or u go piap with pete
kcmy
post Jun 3 2016, 04:18 PM

I gazed a gazeless stare
725 posts

make curry Pete
MeToo
post Jun 3 2016, 04:23 PM

Look at all my stars!!
9,297 posts

Seriously I thougth I was in /k when reading this.

This is not the right place to troll sir
TSBrendonStar
post Jun 3 2016, 06:43 PM

Getting Started
265 posts

Look like no one here owns a centipede nor does anyone have any experience. Only reply if you do, you can PM your personal thoughts on me but don't do it here
yokoloco
post Jun 3 2016, 06:46 PM

Regular
1,116 posts

Drown Pete in gasoline. That'll show him who is the boss
taitianhin
post Jun 3 2016, 06:49 PM

This is
1,322 posts

Giv him another centipede
dp82
post Jun 10 2016, 04:58 PM

Enthusiast
855 posts

Try send Pete to vet. He is sick.
sakrayguy
post Jun 14 2016, 02:53 PM

16 posts

Piss on Pete to show dominance
1qaz1qaz
post Jun 14 2016, 05:35 PM

What Are You Looking At???!
1,890 posts

lol is this in /k? when i read all the comment
and is funny to see other say get a female for it how u all is a male or female? just by TS name it pate?

as for TS please get a dog/cat if u want to pet them
WTF man
owc
post Jun 14 2016, 05:51 PM

Generous in Sharing Knowledge
1,240 posts

QUOTE(dp82 @ Jun 10 2016, 04:58 PM)
Try send Pete to vet. He is sick.
Perform Acupuncture to that Pete.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acupuncture
FaezFarhan
post Jun 15 2016, 06:49 AM