Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Honor 5X KIW-L22 Marshmallow Beta Tester Recurit

views

TSpheeken
post May 28 2016, 09:45 AM, updated 8y ago

9 posts

user posted image

Are you crazy about your Honor 5X KIW-L22 and want to see it equipped with the latest and greatest features?

Here’s the chance for you to be our pioneer and experience all the fluffy goodness Android Marshmallow has to offer, before it even hits the market!

You can click on this LINK to register !!by 10th June 2016, 12am.

Important bits on below:

What you need to know
-This beta registration is only open for Malaysia variant of Honor 5X (KIW-L22)
-The experimental build of Android Marshmallow 6.0 / EMUI4.0 will be release in the form of OTA (over the air) to registered Honor 5X that runs on latest lollipop version (KIW-L22C636B130)
-Since this is an experimental build, unexpected issues/bugs may arise at any point at anytime.
-Huawei Technologies (Malaysia) SDN BHD is not liable for any damage to or loss of any programs, data, or other information stored in user device due to the use of said experimental build software-Before proceeding with the upgrades, registered user(s) is advised to perform any necessary backup

NOTE:

- It is important to ensure your phone is at the targeted based version ! Otherwise you will not be able to receive the OTA update for Android Marshmallow BETA.
- If you phone has been rooted, you may not be able to perform an OTA update. Kindly unroot your phone before proceed with the update.

If you understood all of the above, and would still like to be a part of this program, kindly click on this LINK to register, by by 10th June 2016, 12am.

Once you have successfully registered, sit back and relax, and the experimental build software will be seed to all registered users by Q2 2016.

Nothing is perfect, if you have encountered issues/bug during your time with the beta testing. We would appreciate your feedback, simply by clicking on this FeedBack
If you felt that the experimental build (or beta) Android Marshmallow is unstable, you can choose to downgrade. Thus, do look out for this space for future update.

Release Notes : (with pictures description)
L version upgrade support
Southeast Asia:KII-L21C636B130CUSTC636D002
South Pacific:KII-L22C636B130CUSTC636D002 , KII-L21C636B130CUSTC636D002 , KIW-L22C636B130

About the update
Before updating your phone, please carefully read the Software Update Guideline provided with the update package and back up your personal data to prevent any possible data loss.
1. This update will update your system to Android 6.0. If some third-party apps are incompatible with Android 6.0, update these apps to their latest versions in Google Play. After the update, your home screen layout may be rearranged slightly.
2. OTA update: Update your phone from EMUI 3.1 to this version.
3. If your phone system has already been rooted, you may not be able to perform an OTA update. In this case, download the full update package to update your phone.
4. Full package update: Update your phone from EMUI 3.1 to this version by downloading and installing the full update package.
5. SD card update: Save the update package to the dload folder of your SD card. On your phone, touch Settings > Update > Menu > Local update.
6. Version rollback: You will not be able to directly roll back to EMUI 3.1. To roll back, contact one of the Huawei authorized service centers in your country or region and obtain the Rollback Software.
7. Before the update, make sure your phone has sufficient battery level and storage space. If you experience any issues during the update, please contact a Huawei authorized service center.

About this version

[Gallery]
New added various labels, you can change the font size, color and location now.
user posted image
New added creating memo on images supports you customize the unique memo for every image, and then set it as unique lock screen wallpaper.
user posted image
New added sport watermark element. Now you can add altitude data and your note on your travel photos.
user posted image
Optimized album functions. Now you can bulk add photos for new album. This greatly simplifies the process of creating an album and then adding photos to it.
user posted image
Support you to print multiple images one time. It can save all selected images for printing as PDF and print them together.
user posted image
[Contacts]
New added Smart group function will help you to group your contacts according to company or organization names. If you want to group your contacts by this way, you just need to add company or organization names in contacts’ information. Your contacts will be automatically grouped.
user posted image
[Messages]
New added quickly reclaiming sending message, within 4 seconds after sending a message, you can reclaim it if you regret.
user posted image
[Application]
New added alarm ring duration selections, now how long the alarm will ring all depends on you!
user posted image

This post has been edited by pheeken: Jun 13 2016, 01:02 PM
TSpheeken
post May 28 2016, 09:46 AM

9 posts

[Settings]
New added scheduled power on and power off functions, when enabled, your phone will auto power on and off, you will have a regular lifestyle which is very important to your healthy
user posted image

New added notification panel and status bar will be convenient to look up some settings.
user posted image

This post has been edited by pheeken: May 28 2016, 09:47 AM
am3
post May 28 2016, 10:43 AM

Regular
1,345 posts

USB otg. No?
shahnakal
post May 28 2016, 11:35 AM

Getting Started
218 posts

Where offical thread for honor 5x?
TSpheeken
post May 28 2016, 05:45 PM

9 posts

QUOTE(am3 @ May 28 2016, 10:43 AM)
USB otg. No?
no OTG bro
TSpheeken
post May 28 2016, 05:47 PM

9 posts

QUOTE(shahnakal @ May 28 2016, 11:35 AM)
Where offical thread for honor 5x?
I didn't see any offical thread for Honor 5X here
fkinmeng
post May 28 2016, 10:26 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,179 posts

why beta testing always takes so long?
hidayat14
post Jun 11 2016, 08:40 PM

Getting Started
231 posts

Hi, i downloaded the beta update and now i would like to give feedbacks. How can i do so? You still have not update the link for the feedback.

Please enlighten. Thank you
TSpheeken
post Jun 13 2016, 01:04 PM

9 posts

QUOTE(hidayat14 @ Jun 11 2016, 08:40 PM)
Hi, i downloaded the beta update and now i would like to give feedbacks. How can i do so? You still have not update the link for the feedback.

Please enlighten. Thank you
you will receive the update by OTA and i have already update the feedback link on this post . Enjoy!!
mlanun
post Jul 21 2016, 10:39 PM

9 posts

Hi,

How's the beta testing. Any ETA of the MM update?

Thanks.
vaxen
post Aug 10 2016, 11:45 AM

14 posts

Can I still join the MM beta for this? Did anyone manage to capture the OTA update and can share? Thanks.
vaxen
post Aug 10 2016, 11:49 AM

14 posts

Did anyone also tried official Indian KIW-L22 MM update? Since malaysian set is KIW-L22 as well, not sure if the radio firmware would be compatible.
Sbb12nk
post Aug 18 2016, 02:49 PM

1 posts

How is this not out yet? Can somebody upload the update.app?
CygnusLeo
post Sep 7 2016, 03:35 PM

9 posts

Anyone knows when will the official Marshmallow update be available?
Can the ones that signed up for the beta testing please upload the beta update.app for now?
raynman
post Sep 25 2016, 10:43 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,153 posts

Why is there still no official discussion thread for this Huawei Honor 5X?

Probably not many users. Strange.....
ikanbilis
post Sep 30 2016, 04:42 PM

Trusted member since 2003
2,297 posts

QUOTE(raynman @ Sep 25 2016, 10:43 PM)
Why is there still no official discussion thread for this Huawei Honor 5X?

Probably not many users. Strange.....
How do I downgrade my honor 5x from marshmallow to lollipop?
kllee1983
post Jan 7 2017, 03:03 PM

25 posts

I'm looking for the same downgrade guide. Someone pls help.

QUOTE(ikanbilis @ Sep 30 2016, 04:42 PM)
How do I downgrade my honor 5x from marshmallow  to lollipop?

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0144sec    0.45    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 11:09 PM