Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Laptop not responding when connect to wifi, Freezes and get normal after disconnect

views

TSuk28382
post May 27 2016, 10:49 AM, updated 8y ago

1 posts

Hi all, I have a problem where my laptop programs (browsers, softwares, Dota2, file xplorer, etc) hanged/freezes whenever I connect to my wifi around 15 mins. they are responding after disconnect from wifi (hotspot/modem). Then, after reconnect to wifi about 15 mins, all the problems visit me again. Anyone have the problem same as me or anyone have the solution to solve my problem? Please, I need help. I've searched around the internet but couldn't find the answer.

Thanks in advance.
Mr.7
post May 27 2016, 11:10 AM

Regular
1,242 posts

QUOTE(uk28382 @ May 27 2016, 10:49 AM)
Hi all, I have a problem where my laptop programs (browsers, softwares, Dota2, file xplorer, etc) hanged/freezes whenever I connect to my wifi around 15 mins. they are responding after disconnect from wifi (hotspot/modem). Then, after reconnect to wifi about 15 mins, all the problems visit me again. Anyone have the problem same as me or anyone have the solution to solve my problem? Please, I need help. I've searched around the internet but couldn't find the answer.

Thanks in advance.
Have you tried booting into safe mode and see if the problem persists?
dcheah
post Sep 14 2016, 05:50 PM

OldSkool
1,233 posts

QUOTE(uk28382 @ May 27 2016, 10:49 AM)

Thanks in advance.
Run performance monitor, check whether the bandwidth is peak at maximum. I'm suspecting the moment you connect the wifi, all sorts of data is sent over the network thus causing it freezed.

If network does peak at max, then you need to find out which software is causing the problems by disabling it from running (a trial & error here), if still persists then run a system check for viruses, malwares etc.
whiteangelcl
post Oct 31 2017, 01:00 PM

27 posts

I had the same issue.
But I upgraded to windows 10.
No problem now.
George441
post May 27 2020, 08:27 PM

Getting Started
64 posts

Open a command prompt window, type ipconfig /release, then Enter. Type in ipconfig /renew, then Enter. Restart the computer.
yuanyasmine P
post Jun 24 2020, 11:24 AM

Probation
12 posts

Hi. I've had a similar situation with my laptop. For months, I suffered with my laptop freezing and I noticed it would always be after losing my internet connection (turns limited and completely loses the connection). I also noticed how this only happens every time I move my laptop around. If it's steady, it completely works fine, no crashes or anything. To cut the story short and not to be technical at all, the thing that connects/recognizes to the internet/wifi inside the laptop was defective. I bought a usb wifi adapter (tenda) and now it completely works fine.

It may be different with other people though, but for my case, the adapter definitely fixed it.
hafadaga P
post Nov 5 2021, 04:15 PM

Probation
3 posts

check your wifi router and see if it is on or off and if u still have technical issues like not able to connect make sure ur near the router and enter the password unless u forgot the password there should be a sticker under your router that will say your password
hafadaga P

Probation
3 posts

check your router and password or connectivity
hafadaga P

Probation
3 posts

thats all

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version