Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Anyone heard of Brainzone?, Wanted to send my kids in

views

TSRaydeeyo
post May 25 2016, 03:04 PM, updated 8y ago

Getting Started
84 posts

Hello All,

Just received some advertisement about this BrainZone, opening alot of branches in klang valley recently. Thinking to let my kids to try, but it cost about RM2k for 1 year. Hope to get some information before i register.

So have anyone send your kids there? How is the courses? Does it really help? Appreciate if you share your thoughts of it.

Brainzone FB
https://www.facebook.com/Brain-Zone-Malaysi...128349/timeline

Brainzone Website
http://www.brainzone.my/
dembaba9000
post May 25 2016, 03:17 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,748 posts

QUOTE(Raydeeyo @ May 25 2016, 03:04 PM)
Hello All,

Just received some advertisement about this BrainZone, opening alot of branches in klang valley recently. Thinking to let my kids to try, but it cost about RM2k for 1 year. Hope to get some information before i register.

So have anyone send your kids there? How is the courses? Does it really help? Appreciate if you share your thoughts of it.

Brainzone FB
https://www.facebook.com/Brain-Zone-Malaysi...128349/timeline

Brainzone Website
http://www.brainzone.my/
For RM 2,000 a year is cheap, though it depends how many courses it cover, and what sort of a maintenance/ practice/ refresh sessions it provides.

When it first started in Malaysia (not from this company of course), the price fluctuates around 6k - 8k for 8 courses over a run of 2 months. I have seen many successful cases, where the really young ones (4-8) are able to achieve whatever the course claims. Elder ones success rates are lower. I went there as an interested investor/ partner, so I tried it myself and obviously didn't work.

That said, the claims about unleashing the true potential of the brain has very limited translation to real world's usage. If your kid does not adore books and studies, no potential could magically create interests. After all I'm sure the idea is to help your kids achieve better heights academically.

Now socially, it bears very little benefit too since the course is never designed to develop that part out of your kid.

Successful cases I heard diminishes over time, due to the lack of practice and maintenance. I suppose its like muscle memory, and parents should play their part to accompany their practicing sessions at home.

For that price go try it out why not, if anything else you get a better gauge for your kids. 2k today is just peanuts.
TSRaydeeyo
post May 25 2016, 04:51 PM

Getting Started
84 posts

QUOTE(dembaba9000 @ May 25 2016, 03:17 PM)
For RM 2,000 a year is cheap, though it depends how many courses it cover, and what sort of a maintenance/ practice/ refresh sessions it provides.

When it first started in Malaysia (not from this company of course), the price fluctuates around 6k - 8k for 8 courses over a run of 2 months. I have seen many successful cases, where the really young ones (4-8) are able to achieve whatever the course claims. Elder ones success rates are lower. I went there as an interested investor/ partner, so I tried it myself and obviously didn't work.

That said, the claims about unleashing the true potential of the brain has very limited translation to real world's usage. If your kid does not adore books and studies, no potential could magically create interests. After all I'm sure the idea is to help your kids achieve better heights academically.

Now socially, it bears very little benefit too since the course is never designed to develop that part out of your kid.

Successful cases I heard diminishes over time, due to the lack of practice and maintenance. I suppose its like muscle memory, and parents should play their part to accompany their practicing sessions at home.

For that price go try it out why not, if anything else you get a better gauge for your kids. 2k today is just peanuts.
I see, thanks for the advice, really appreciate that. Just that my younger daughter doesnt like to read much, doing homework sitting next to me or alone will just make her feel kinda depressed. Thinking of some way to make her have fun while learning. Will try the class next week and see how it goes =) Thanks
SUSMatrix
post May 25 2016, 04:55 PM

King of Char Siew!
15,022 posts

Another one of those mid-brain activation thingy? Can see photos of kids being blind folded.

It's a real pyschological + probability scam.
SUSalexcky
post Aug 28 2016, 10:37 AM

business Sifu
842 posts

QUOTE(dembaba9000 @ May 25 2016, 03:17 PM)

Did u invest? I heard investment need at least 120k to setup a centre, not cheap though
voghgl
post Feb 7 2017, 12:30 PM

5 posts

They don't have contract between parents which a win for them .Please seriously ask for contract and record what they promise you for Proof if you plan to sign up. No refund will be given if you are not satisfied with their so call (Brain Training) .
They will change or sell their management after 3 months without letting you know 1 month earlier and you ended up with not a good Teacher (which is important) but they will say its not their fault but yours because you can't manage your kids well.

-4-8 years old may benefit but not over 8

Please note it is super expensive(Ask for CONTRACT) or else don't sign up. Its your kids education money. They don't really care...protect yourself. Black and White and ask for Teacher Certificate before you sign up. Don't sign if no Contract is given.

voghgl
post Feb 7 2017, 12:30 PM

5 posts

QUOTE(Matrix @ May 25 2016, 04:55 PM)
Another one of those mid-brain activation thingy? Can see photos of kids being blind folded.

It's a real pyschological + probability scam.
I AGREE

This post has been edited by voghgl: Feb 7 2017, 12:31 PM
newbiehacker
post Aug 22 2017, 02:59 PM

Getting Started
235 posts

QUOTE(voghgl @ Feb 7 2017, 12:30 PM)
I AGREE
i agree,few of my friend get scam on this and feel useless,so better think twice if you want to join them.this just something like a money games brain wash program. sad.gif .maybe after this kind of course your children more easy fall into money games brain wash future.
yin_28 P
post Jun 14 2020, 11:32 PM

Probation
1 posts

Don't join. My friend sent her kids there. They learned ntg after a year. And the teacher quality is low. I also agree it is just a scam.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0132sec    0.24    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 06:44 PM